• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

How cold is it?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Jassy said:
WyomingRancher said:
Had a high temp. of 30, now back down to 12. At least the sun shone some today, and the wind stayed away for a day :D .

Heat wave in WY??? That's the spot I want to be..lol It's -9 tonite,,but during the day with winds a blowing around 30mph made for some chilly windchills...don't know for sure,,my temp gauge don't register that low below 0..! Alls I know it was dang cold!

It's true, we've got a regular heat wave going. This morning it's 29 degrees and overcast. Cheyenne however is only 11 and Laramie is only 20. Cold air just can't settle as well over the mountain tops :D .

10 degrees here in southren middle Tennessee @ 6:30 a.m. Been wading in mud for a week. Have to use my honda 300 4x4 to haul feed to heifers. But now the ground has froze. so now cant half walk cause of rough ground. The one positive thing we have had 10 inches of rain this month. Ponds,creeks,ditches,and mud holes are full. Who knows,we may be out of the official drought.

Snowing and at -3 below. Thawed out the drain pipe to my clothes washer, now I can hopefully get some stuff washed.
Had to pour boiling water down the drain.

Oldtimer said:
theony said:
Not to bad here this morning. +2 balmy, light wind. Maybe a little snow moving in.

Interesting- you must be at a higher elevation than me..Weather bureau on the hill saying -5, but only less than 2 miles away down in this hole of a river bottom its -10... :shock: And we have about a 20 to 25 mph East wind making my flag stand out from the flagpole pretty good- and pretty nippy on the face...

Yesterday I was watching the area weather- and I noticed all the higher elevations were warming up.... At Zortman mine it got to 11 Above- and is 10 right now--so the warm air is above us, if it can only get mixed down...

You Montanans are tough OT - when it's this cold, my flag and flag pole don't stand up at all. They go into stay under the covers mode. :lol:

Good day if you can't do conversions-it's -40F and -40C not much of a wind though. Ty went out at daylight and called yotes for a couple hours-nothing came in but he did put up three moose. They thrive in a colder winter looking good right now.

PureCountry said:
Oldtimer said:
theony said:
Not to bad here this morning. +2 balmy, light wind. Maybe a little snow moving in.

Interesting- you must be at a higher elevation than me..Weather bureau on the hill saying -5, but only less than 2 miles away down in this hole of a river bottom its -10... :shock: And we have about a 20 to 25 mph East wind making my flag stand out from the flagpole pretty good- and pretty nippy on the face...

Yesterday I was watching the area weather- and I noticed all the higher elevations were warming up.... At Zortman mine it got to 11 Above- and is 10 right now--so the warm air is above us, if it can only get mixed down...

You Montanans are tough OT - when it's this cold, my flag and flag pole don't stand up at all. They go into stay under the covers mode. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: Definitely not the weather to do a lot of flagwaving in- if you can even find it to wave :wink: :shock: :lol:
Ran to town to get a few things after I finished feeding- and the temp at the bank showed 1 ABOVE---no snow as they predicted- yet- but still a miserable breeze out there....

Yesterday afternoon I was sipping cervasas under a palm tree and it was 85F. I was thinking of you guys..... mostly how turnabout is fair play :wink:

9 below out there. With a good fresh breeze. Better get the cows fed, sounds like it's going to get cold now. :shock:

Silver said:
Yesterday afternoon I was sipping cervasas under a palm tree and it was 85F. I was thinking of you guys..... mostly how turnabout is fair play :wink:

I'm not sure that even someone holding a gun on me could have gotten me on a plane to leave 85 degrees for 40 Below :roll: :shock: A guy has to be half nuts to enjoy doing this... :wink:

River bottom warmed up during the night- temp stayed about 4 Below all night...Now its 2 Below with a 10-15 mph wind---but almost seems balmy after all the 30 Below stuff...
Temp warmed up to near 0 yesterday afternoon-sun came out- and the cows walked away from the hay I'd rolled out to go back out grazing..
Picked up about 1/2 an inch of new snow last night-- but it looks like the heavy stuff is going south and east of us.... :D But they said the temps should drop down to about 20 Below again tonight :(

I hope it doesn't get quite this cold, Ice Age Cold.:)

1223bHowColdMammothUFSCOLOR.jpg

Started the day about +20 F and by noon it was +30 F and freezing rain. Got about 1/2" of ice again but kept getting warmer and now its about +35 F and light rain so the ice is about gone.

Real interesting driving on water covered ice. Second time in 5 days. When I see the chance of it coming I try to make plans so I can stay in until it either snows, melts or something!

Latest posts