• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

How did you meet your husband/wife?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Met mine in High School. He was always a friend of a boyfriend for the longest time. But he'd ask me out ever now and then...but my answer had to be no because I was dating someone else. Told him if he'd asked when I wasn't dating anyone I'd go out with him. Finally one night....when I was 'free' I seen him cruisin the drag. So I chased him down. He got my phone number and we went out the following friday night...dinner and a movie at the drive in. That was in December of my Junior year. We were married in August after I graduated in May. Comin up on 27 years, and he's still my best friend. :D

allen57 said:
Apparently I havn't met her yet...thought I had a time or two...maybe I have but haven't gotten there yet....

I't not enough you find the one you want to spend the rest of your life with, you must also find a way into there heart.

It is true one needs to find a way into the other's person heart; however, one must be able to recognize the other person's strengths and weaknesses and learn to accept them in a non-judgemental way so that each individual stays true to their individualism. There needs to be a spark that connects both individuals in bringing their attention to common goals. I guess a relationship should not be about "me only" but about "us" and taking in consideration the other person's needs etc.

sweetbasil,this is why the marriage failed the first time.it's hard when u lose your first born.

She was a beautiful baby---we named her Shannon Shavonne
i didn't know then---how it would change my life from that day on,

you see---the good Lord called her home,the day she was born
i cried as my heart---was shattered and torn

the little girl things and the smile on her face---i sometimes miss
the special hugs for daddy---and her soft little kiss

but with our salvation,thru Jesus Christ---we will meet again someday
along the road--- to heavens way

and on that glorious day---there might be a short laugh or a cry
but till then,i love you Shannon---take care,good-bye

AND this is why we re-married........

She is our little girl
she is precious as can be
she gave us quite a whirl
we named her KayAnn Renae LaFee

at 7 lbs and 14 ounces
she is 20 inches long
like a ball that never bounces
she can do no wrong

with her pretty eyes
the color of blue
she tells no lies
her words are few

with long dark hair
and legs like mom
with dad's little dare
she's fit for a prom

she's up all night
we need a beeper
but she's worth the fight
we think she's a keeper

this kinda explains why we met at the cemetary the second time.
i got everything back i lost in the separation and more.

balestabber

sweetbasil said:
allen57 said:
Apparently I havn't met her yet...thought I had a time or two...maybe I have but haven't gotten there yet....

It's not enough you find the one you want to spend the rest of your life with, you must also find a way into there heart.

It is true one needs to find a way into the other's person heart; however, one must be able to recognize the other person's strengths and weaknesses and learn to accept them in a non-judgemental way so that each individual stays true to their individualism. There needs to be a spark that connects both individuals in bringing their attention to common goals. I guess a relationship should not be about "me only" but about "us" and taking in consideration the other person's needs etc.

Timing had a whole lot to do with it...as in Lilly's case...For me the timing was never right and the last instance I just happened to be to late all together. She didn't ditch the boyfriend...lol.

balestabber said:
sweetbasil,this is why the marriage failed the first time.it's hard when u lose your first born.

She was a beautiful baby---we named her Shannon Shavonne
i didn't know then---how it would change my life from that day on,

you see---the good Lord called her home,the day she was born
i cried as my heart---was shattered and torn

the little girl things and the smile on her face---i sometimes miss
the special hugs for daddy---and her soft little kiss

but with our salvation,thru Jesus Christ---we will meet again someday
along the road--- to heavens way

and on that glorious day---there might be a short laugh or a cry
but till then,i love you Shannon---take care,good-bye

AND this is why we re-married........

She is our little girl
she is precious as can be
she gave us quite a whirl
we named her KayAnn Renae LaFee

at 7 lbs and 14 ounces
she is 20 inches long
like a ball that never bounces
she can do no wrong

with her pretty eyes
the color of blue
she tells no lies
her words are few

with long dark hair
and legs like mom
with dad's little dare
she's fit for a prom

she's up all night
we need a beeper
but she's worth the fight
we think she's a keeper

this kinda explains why we met at the cemetary the second time.
i got everything back i lost in the separation and more.

balestabber

I don't have words to describe how I felt reading your story; I'll I could thin of was the following quote "with suffering comes transformation," and I know that there was a great reason why Shannon came into your life for a brief period of time. Thank you for sharing with us this chapter of your life.
Best,
Sweetbasil

JF Ranch said:
sweetbasil said:
I just want God to grant me the opportunity to make more friends who are mature and hard-working, kind, and not obsessed with cell phones or video games.

Now, I'm just thinkin'. I happen to have four unmarried sons.

Hmmmmmm... :wink: :) :lol:

Maybe one of your sons can join my pen-pal club? :wink:

Hubby and I were "setup" on a blind date by his cuzzin's wife...he was 2hrs late but since we were meeting at the bar, I was having fun hanging out with his friends...(he was working for a vet and they got behind)...anyway we had a nice evening, then he asked if I wanted to go horseback riding the next day...Of course I said yes...He says that he knew I was the one cause I was the first girl he ever dated that could saddle her own horse! Plus I rode his dad's stud horse,,,which impressed him..lol On our 20th annv. we did the cruise trip and renewed our wedding vows with our son present...and this year we'll have been married 26ys!!!...and like Lilly..we're still best friends... :)

Jassy said:
Hubby and I were "setup" on a blind date by his cuzzin's wife...he was 2hrs late but since we were meeting at the bar, I was having fun hanging out with his friends...(he was working for a vet and they got behind)...anyway we had a nice evening, then he asked if I wanted to go horseback riding the next day...Of course I said yes...He says that he knew I was the one cause I was the first girl he ever dated that could saddle her own horse! Plus I rode his dad's stud horse,,,which impressed him..lol On our 20th annv. we did the cruise trip and renewed our wedding vows with our son present...and this year we'll have been married 26ys!!!...and like Lilly..we're still best friends... :)

Hello "Jassy,"
Thank you for taking the time to shared with us your story! It is a great one. Congratulations on your 26th anniversary!

P.S. One of my short-term goals is to learn horseback riding. Hope that I'll get the opportunity soon :cry:

sweetbasil said:
Jassy said:

Hello "Jassy,"
Thank you for taking the time to shared with us your story! It is a great one. Congratulations on your 26th anniversary!

P.S. One of my short-term goals is to learn horseback riding. Hope that I'll get the opportunity soon :cry:

Bet ya that one of JF's sons could teach you. :wink: :lol: :lol:

Faster horses said:
sweetbasil, you should persue that. I met one of the sons...tall, dark and
handsome! :D
Thank you got your encouraging words. It would be nice to find a friend who likes horses and could have an extra to let me ride it.

well, she isnt my wife just yet, but here's the story I have been telling............
I met her when I was playin pianer out west and she walked in the door looking for her husband when out the back door he ran :lol:

nmhighdesert said:
well, she isnt my wife just yet, but here's the story I have been telling............
I met her when I was playin pianer out west and she walked in the door looking for her husband when out the back door he ran :lol:

Did you have a sign over the pianer sayin'?
"Don't shoot the pianer player, He's doing his Damndest" :lol: :lol:

Faster horses said:
JF Ranch's son, as Big Muddy mentioned. I thought you knew. :D

Hi "Faster horses,"
Maybe I can start by making pen-pals with one of them. We have a lot of beautiful lemons going to waste, maybe one of the them could use a "care package of lemons."

:)

nmhighdesert said:

Hello "nmhighdesert,"
Thank you for sharing your story with us. It is a cute story, and hope that soon you will share the great news with us!

We met at church, both at different high schools (not co-ed ) we were engaged after school and married 32 yrs ago after my initial military service. Built up a ranch, built the house brick by brick, blood, sweat and tears, then lost all due to the political situation, left our home and country with only our suitcases, moved around the world a little, struggled to raise two disabled/autistic sons, many other trials and victories, but the Lord has seen us through. Still have a qualified nurse daughter, married to her career if anyone is able to turn her head, she is a tough typical bush raised girl, the Brit guys are too "soft" for her!!

Latest posts