• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

How did you meet your husband/wife?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

After 4 years in the USAF I lasted 1.5 weeks at home. I loaded my horse in my trailer and moved out one night. I rented 2 stalls at the Fair Grounds ($5 per month per stall) - slept in one and my horse in the other. Met HER the next day - Jeri told all her friends I was The Guy She Was Going To Marry - she was 13... 5 years past, in the mean time I married and Divorced.

We were going to get married on my birthday when my Dad call and said my mother was dyeing.

5 day later Jeri got sick - I put her in Stanford Hospital - 4 of the most growing and Loving years of my life - Stanford said not to Marry - Give her something to live for - we never married - I could not find a way to say -
""" Your dying - Lets-Do-it """

I always say - I was the lucky one - I went through all that and was Never Sick!

met my wife while going to college in the usa. knew she was the one for me the first week brought her home to meet the parents went horse back riding and let her ride my old horse while i was riding a young one. while i was trying to get mine to trot up next to hers by clicking at kim my old horse knew that ment to haul a** so there she goes off like a bolt and here i am on a much slower horse trying to catch her(she hadn't ridden horses before) well to my amazment she jumps off the horse and keeps hold of the reins stopping him as well. i ride up to her and asked her why she did't pull back on the reins, she said she didn't think that would stop him. 3 1/2 years latter we married and now we have been married 11 year and 5 1/2 kids latter she still trying to do things the hard way. :wink:

Met my wife at college one night when a buddy of mine was driving me around while I pretook of the liquid spirits and he told me that I needed to meet this girl so at one in the morning she came out of her apartment and jumped in the truck never met anyone that had that much energy at that time in the morning was almost annoying. She started coming over more and more and three years later took the big jump and 15 years later still married the only thing that has changed now is the only time I see one in the morning is during calving season :wink:

We met in college at the college horse barn. I was taking my horse trailer to a friends house for her to use it and ask if she wanted to go. She knew the girl I was taking my trailer to so she thought it would be ok. After we left we drove out to the outdoor arena where Cowboy Church was going on. So we had church and after church I helpped her with some Engish home work (like I was ever good at that) at my appartment. Now she has help me for the last 19 great years. We met November 18, 2001 at 7:05pm :D

After read some of the posts its funny what HORSES can do for you beside penning cattle. :wink:

met him, while working for some horse trainers. Met his stud horse firts...that was love at first sight. =)
Met his owner while I was cleaning his stall...shook my hand and I said hello.
Three months later he married me. going on 14 yrs later ...still living the adventure!

Happy cattle said:
met him, while working for some horse trainers. Met his stud horse firts...that was love at first sight. =)
Met his owner while I was cleaning his stall...shook my hand and I said hello.
Three months later he married me. going on 14 yrs later ...still living the adventure!

Happy Cattle,
Thank you for sharing your story, and welcome to our community!

Jassy said:
Hubby and I were "setup" on a blind date by his cuzzin's wife...he was 2hrs late but since we were meeting at the bar, I was having fun hanging out with his friends...(he was working for a vet and they got behind)...anyway we had a nice evening, then he asked if I wanted to go horseback riding the next day...Of course I said yes...He says that he knew I was the one cause I was the first girl he ever dated that could saddle her own horse! Plus I rode his dad's stud horse,,,which impressed him..lol On our 20th annv. we did the cruise trip and renewed our wedding vows with our son present...and this year we'll have been married 26ys!!!...and like Lilly..we're still best friends... :)

Thats funny - - my first wife said she knew-I-was-the-one when I Help her feed her 4H Pigs - I grabbed two 5 gal Buckets of slop and walked off like it was nothing.
I guess I was the first boy that could do that...
It only took her mother 5 years to put an end to us! [/b]

Latest posts