• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Importing generic ivermectin

Help Support Ranchers.net:

cowsense

Reaction score
A while back some of the southern Albertans were discussing bringing generics ivermectins across but I can't find the topic in a search. I believe some mentioned retailers in Havre. Please post or contact me by PM if you can help me out with phone numbers etc for ordering. Thanks!

cowsense- There is a new thread on Agri-Ville about places to get it....Or call Western Ranch Supply in Great Falls- 1-800-548-5855...They will deliver to any US address you want... The retailer in Havre is the Big R store- 406-265-2163......

Thanks OT! Ivomec has dropped their Canadian price to $435 and some of the other outfits are between there and $400.
Quite a difference from the $97-120 US generic price available across the line :mad:

Neighbor just took weekend trip to Great Falls to pick up Ivomec...saving $4000 figured they could have a nice little holiday trip on the price they saved crossin the border.They got from Western Ranch Supply.

The way I understood was could get enough for a personal herd... must be able to prove how many cattle the buyer has Also cannot bring back for anyone else.... If I'm wrong correct me on this but this was my understanding

I think your right Greg. I was wondering what documentation a person could use to prove size of herd.

Aspen ivomec is $95 and I found real Ivomec for $245 . I have also found Dextomax in Canada for $325. So the pressure of importing it has lowered the price a bit.

I bought mine from Jeffers Supply in Dothen Alabama. They ship all over and It was $179 for 10 Liters.
http://www.jefferslivestock.com/ssc/product.asp?CID=2&mscssid=AT7J6MA8SRR19PXS4R3U78EHC5RJ6BD8

they dont charge us hazardous shipping on it. I'm not sure I understand all this exactly right. ya'll in canada want to get it cheaper than what you can get it there for. What's the proceedure for gettin it across the border? When your actually crossing, customs or what not, would they not let you bring it across?

Jersey: Most of the generics have not been approved or undergone the process recquired for Canadian registration. However producers are allowed to bring in enough for their own immediate use but they must pick it up and bring it through customs personally.It's a hassle but the savings are huge and we can only hope that the established companies will adjust their prices downward to retain market share. I'm sure that a lower price will increase product usage and increased volume will make the difference up for these companies anyways!

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
they dont charge us hazardous shipping on it. I'm not sure I understand all this exactly right. ya'll in canada want to get it cheaper than what you can get it there for. What's the proceedure for gettin it across the border? When your actually crossing, customs or what not, would they not let you bring it across?

Lily as of yet we can bring enough across to treat our personal herd. The drug companies in Canada don't want to compete with the generic products so are lobbying to stop the importation of generic products. It could get messy yet. The chair of the CCA health committee is a vet that doesn't want it allowed in and the Sask. reps say he is in a conflict of interest as he runs a huge herd and feedlot health management company. I'm not sure where it will get sorted out but the fight is not over yet.

I was just reading on a supplier website that you could have it shipped to a third party who then forwards it on to you via mail. Wonder if they'd stop it and hold it thru the mail?

BMr- Beginning to think that I might need surgery to separate my a$$ from the baler and we do have some combining to do yet too! It's beginning to get frustrating with the constant showers....you can't plan anything ahead of time as we cannot take a chance on wasting a good day where the machines can roll. Not sure when we will make a border run but I do know it will be on short notice :???:

Brought back generic ivermectin (ivoron) from Big R Ranch Supply in havre last august at $120 per 5 litre jug including exchange and GST which is applied at the border. Now you must have a herd size verification from your vet or brand inpector and you are only allowed to bring back enough for the number of cattle you have. The price has reportedly dropped to $63 USD recently for and even larger savings. The Ivoron has the exact same amount of active ingredient as ivomec.

elwapo

Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:35 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brought back generic ivermectin (ivoron) from Big R Ranch Supply in havre last august at $120 per 5 litre jug including exchange and GST which is applied at the border. Now you must have a herd size verification from your vet or brand inpector and you are only allowed to bring back enough for the number of cattle you have. The price has reportedly dropped to $63 USD recently for and even larger savings. The Ivoron has the exact same amount of active ingredient as ivomec.

Do ya'll up there not have a problem with liver flukes? Down here in the south if you dont use ivomec plus (or generic equivelant) to get rid of them, ya almost might as well not worm at all.

Bet it could be hard to get your vet to sign a certification if they are trying to sell high priced Ivomec and Dectomax. :roll:

Latest posts