• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Japanese to visit Creekstone

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Bill

Reaction score
Japanese plan to visit Creekstone
By FOSS FARRAR
Traveler Staff Writer

Japanese officials plan to tour the Creekstone Farms Premium Beef plant Friday morning -- the second such tour in the past two weeks, a Creekstone official said today.

"This time it's the head majority party of the Diet Members," said Kevin Pentz, vice president of operations for Creekstone. "Last week we had the minority."

Japan's ruling party said Thursday it would send inspectors to U.S. beef facilities, including a Tyson Foods Inc. facility in Kansas, according to the Associated Press. The tour was being planned amid Tokyo's ban on American meat as an agricultural official demanded an explanation from Washington following reports that "downer" cattle were slaughtered for human consumption at U.S. plants.

Nine officials of the Democratic Party of Japan, the minority party, toured Creekstone on Jan. 30. After the tour, the officials, who were accompanied by several officials of the U.S. Department of Agriculture, met with Creekstone managers. The tour and meeting took a little over three hours. Afterwards, the officials headed for the Tyson plant in Emporia.

"It's the same drill tomorrow, only different officials," Pentz said.

He added that Creekstone was viewed favorably by the last group of officials for its processing procedures and its desire to test all cattle slaughtered at the plant for mad cow disease, according to media reports.

But according to AP, a recent fact-finding mission sent by opposition lawmakers reportedly found the Tyson facility in Kansas did not completely remove banned parts from the beef it processed.
"Realistically, we're in a good position," Pentz said today. "The Japanese look at us as a private company willing to go along with private testing (for mad cow disease)."

Creekstone has sought to please its Japanese customers by doing blanket private testing, but a request to do so was rejected by the USDA.

Japan halted U.S. imports last month after the discovery of backbones in a shipment of American veal.

The bones are deemed to be at risk of mad cow disease and are banned under a deal that reopened the Japanese market to beef in December, AP reports.

"This has been going on for two-and-a-half years," Pentz said.

But according to AP, a recent fact-finding mission sent by opposition lawmakers reportedly found the Tyson facility in Kansas did not completely remove banned parts from the beef it processed.

Bill, was there a particular reason you wanted us to read the highlighted passages above from your article?

Surely you don't think any of us believe that Tyson would be less than honorable do you? :wink:

There may be more to the story:

BEEF NEWS
Tyson demands apology from Japanese opposition party

by Pete Hisey on 2/10/2006 for Meatingplace.com

Tyson Foods has demanded that a research party made up of members of the Democratic Party, the opposition to Prime Minister Yunichiro Koizumi's Liberal Democratic Party, apologize for a report it issued after a trip to one of Tyson's slaughter facilities in Kansas. The group claimed that it witnessed violations of standards for removal of specified risk materials, an allegation that Tyson President and Chief Operating Officer Richard Bond bitterly denied.

In a letter to Kenji Yamaoka, vice president of the Democratic Party of Japan, Bond noted that after the plant tour, the committee met with USDA and Tyson officials and "expressed approval of and confidence in the plant's operations." Bond went on to suggest that the charges were being made for political reasons "with our company and the USDA being caught in the middle of an internal struggle of some kind." Bond requested a retraction and public apology.

In Japan, leaders of the Liberal Democratic party called the report "a major political issue," and said that it would send its own observers to the same plant in Emporia, Kan. in the near future. The Democratic Party has seized on the beef issue as one way to attack the popular Koizumi, who easily won reelection in 2005, but has sunk in polls lately.

Tyson is getting a little brash, here, don't you think? Maybe they should sell to their customers instead of threatening them. Sometimes you reap what you sow.

Sometimes you call a lie a lie.

If the Tyson plant was slandered it needs to be clarified.

The fact that it was a group of oposition party leaders that toured the plant makes me wonder what they even know about slaughter plants.

Kinda like sending in conman to see if they are cutting the carcass up right :roll:

Maybe Tyson foods had better bring some facts to the table before SUGGESTING political conspiracy like this. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Come on Jason - you better get on those boys over at Tyson. The are starting to sound like whiney pups again. :lol: :lol: :lol:

" Bond went on to suggest that the charges were being made for political reasons "with our company and the USDA being caught in the middle of an internal struggle of some kind." Bond requested a retraction and public apology.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You got it Big Muddy, whining for those who have their head up Tyson ass so far that they can't see that speaking out will actually do something for their own farms some day.

Are you into having ater today Big Muddy?

This whiney Pup is ready if you want to go get your brown nose cleaned off and have a bout.

What the matter Big Muddy, don't you want to defend this Asshole Bond, or call for a slander trial like our Northern (S)uper (H)ero Jason.

What a joke. Bond can pull this pathetic crap in public and have goofs like you stand up and defend him. And goofs like me can talk of the politics Tyson and Cargill play and you want to laugh a poor little ME. :lol:

Whatever boys. Tyson is Pathetic and Hypocritical talking about the politics of BSE.

Randy and Econ why is it that you choose to look at only the side of the story that goes against Tyson? What Proof do you have that Tyson is doing something wrong? And could you please bring the proof as your OPINIONS mean little to nothing at this point. Can you not see that the Leaders of the OPPOSITION PARTY might have something to gain by going back to Japan and slandering one of the US's largest packers? Randy if BIG C had got their plant up and running and the Japanese Opposition party came to inspect it and expressed approval to your face then went back to Japan and turned your favorable report into a political stepping stone by claiming that your plant wasn't following protocol wouldn't YOU DEMAND AN APOLOGY?

Randy and Econ why is it that you choose to look at only the side of the story that goes against Tyson? What Proof do you have that Tyson is doing something wrong? And could you please bring the proof as your OPINIONS mean little to nothing at this point. Can you not see that the Leaders of the OPPOSITION PARTY might have something to gain by going back to Japan and slandering one of the US's largest packers? Randy if BIG C had got their plant up and running and the Japanese Opposition party came to inspect it and expressed approval to your face then went back to Japan and turned your favorable report into a political stepping stone by claiming that your plant wasn't following protocol wouldn't YOU DEMAND AN APOLOGY?

Well Tam, it's like this. This board has two sides when it comes to the packing industry - You and the folks with all the FACTS :lol: :lol: and those of us who only sport opinion.

Or you can realise that you and your side are so full of it that it's dripping down your ears. If you don't have enough proof to back what you beleive to be fact, you post a quote from some other asskisser who thinks the sun rises and falls over Tyson Foods. :lol: :lol:

Brooks OPINION of why the Japanese said what they said about his perfect little company is a joke and you are simply too brainwashed to see that. In fact, even if it were true it's a joke because Tyson plays politics with BSE every day..... Get it?

What you doing posting under Big Muddies name anyway Tam.

Speaking of whiny pup :!:

I figured that was you.

Don't worry about BIG C Tam --- you win. We will never have a plant for the Japanese to use in their political games. :lol: :lol: (that is laughter at your Brooks Character again)

I'm back Randy , was out fighting the wind and cut feed. No fun.
I was just calling a Spade a Spade. No need to tell us you don't like Tyson but it does sound WHINY when you get started. :cowboy:

rkaiser said:

Well Tam, it's like this. This board has two sides when it comes to the packing industry - You and the folks with all the FACTS :lol: :lol: and those of us who only sport opinion.

Or you can realise that you and your side are so full of it that it's dripping down your ears. If you don't have enough proof to back what you beleive to be fact, you post a quote from some other asskisser who thinks the sun rises and falls over Tyson Foods. :lol: :lol:

Brooks OPINION of why the Japanese said what they said about his perfect little company is a joke and you are simply too brainwashed to see that. In fact, even if it were true it's a joke because Tyson plays politics with BSE every day..... Get it?

What you doing posting under Big Muddies name anyway Tam.

Speaking of whiny pup :!:

I figured that was you.

Don't worry about BIG C Tam --- you win. We will never have a plant for the Japanese to use in their political games. :lol: :lol: (that is laughter at your Brooks Character again)
Gee just another testament to your figuring Randy I didn't post under any bodies name but my own.
Brooks OPINION of why the Japanese said what they said about his perfect little company is a joke and you are simply too brainwashed to see that.
Randy were you in the meeting between The Japanese, the USDA and the Tyson Officals to know what the Japanese OPPOSITION PARTY told them? Or do you have someone that was in the meeting that you can ask, if not why do you automatically come to the conclusion that it is Tyson that is lieing? I never said Tyson is squeaky clean but I'm, unlike you, are willing to give them the beneifit of doubt until someone comes up with evidence to PROVE they are doing something wrong. The word of a Opposition party that has everything to gain by slandering a US company so the Japanese consumers don't trust what the Japanese government just did is questionable in my eyes. If you want to sway people to your way of think why don't you try something different Randy. I have again asked you for proof of Tysons wrong doing and you bring nothing. Does comments like "Or you can realise that you and your side are so full of it that it's dripping down your ears. If you don't have enough proof to back what you beleive to be fact, you post a quote from some other asskisser who thinks the sun rises and falls over Tyson Foods" prove anything but the personallity of the person writing it to anyone. No, but proof of wrong doing would. And Randy would you as a businessman demand an public apology if someone was publicly bad mouthing your beef to further their POLITICAL AGENDA? YES OR NO.

Never said anything about Tyson telling a fib Tam, just acting like the whining pup that I get accused of.

As far as swaying opinion here on ranchers. Ain't goona happen. Have you seen any packer backers or packer blamers jump ship lately - I haven't.

Funny part is, I deal with Cargill and Tyson and actually have a bit of respect for their business sense. What I can't stand are the puppets that Tyson has sucked into beleiving that everything they do is for the good of all man kind. :lol: :lol:

I actually feel sorry for these folks as they seem to not be able to think for themselves and as Econo often says, I hope their operations fair well.
:roll: :wink:

RK: "What I can't stand are the puppets that Tyson has sucked into beleiving that everything they do is for the good of all man kind."

That's such bullsh*t!

What Tyson does is for the good of their company, PERIOD! Nobody ever suggested otherwise. The issue here is whether or not what they are doing is legal or not. That is the issue.

Thumbsucking packer blamers like you cry in your beer when Tyson profits when your cattle prices are in the tank but there is nothing illegal about it. If you were in Tyson's shoes, you would do the same thing. If you want to blame someone, you should blame those who sued USDA for trying to open the border to Canadian live cattle but you can't think that far ahead. You join hands with the U.S. packer blamers and you each have conflicting arguments. You say the U.S. packers wanted the border to stay closed so they could continue to capitalize on the salmon run and the U.S. packer blamers say the U.S. packers wanted the Canadian border opened to sell cheap foreign beef under the USDA grade stamp. Now it becomes painfully obvious to anyone with a lick of common sense that you know you both can't be right and it takes a truth seeker like me to point out the conflicting arguments to an emotional packer blamer like you.

RK: "I actually feel sorry for these folks as they seem to not be able to think for themselves and as Econo often says, I hope their operations fair well."

If you're quoting Conman, you really are dense Randy!

The ones who can't think for themselves are guys like you that can see an actual Tyson quarterly report that shows losses at Lakeside FOR THAT QUARTER and you simply can't accept it. You'd rather believe that Tyson was lying to their shareholders so you could continue to blame them. Blaming packers doesn't require independent thinking, all it requires is following other packer blamers. The independent thinking comes from those who form their opinions around factual information as opposed to "A NEED TO BLAME".

This is not about packer backers vs. packer blamers. This is about TRUTH AND FACTS VS OPINIONS AND THEORIES.

You've already admitted you can't back your opinions but you can certainly present them can't you?

Go tend to your hairy generic angus.

~SH~

Hi Scotty. I knew that my Spades would draw you out.

Why don't you tell this "BOND" fellow to stop sucking his thumb. What a friggin wimp.

You say the U.S. packers wanted the border to stay closed so they could continue to capitalize on the salmon run and the U.S. packer blamers say the U.S. packers wanted the Canadian border opened to sell cheap foreign beef under the USDA grade stamp. Now it becomes painfully obvious to anyone with a lick of common sense that you know you both can't be right and it takes a truth seeker like me to point out the conflicting arguments to an emotional packer blamer like you.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You poor little guy Scotty, can't stand Rcalf, and can't stand the fellow who has this border thing all figured out so you brand yourself the "truth seeker" and go off to bedeebye thinking you're God or something. :lol:

Like I told your lap girl Tam, nobody is going to convince nobody on this site anyway so we might as well have some fun.

By generic I take it you mean common or ordinary or maybe "like the old fashioned" Angus. Not the mongrelised eclectic beasts we see in the North American Angus herd books these days. :wink:

Randy what's the deal ''

Randy and I took the Galloway bull I just bought from him to Bull Congress in Camrose, and we hung up both our signs and a few pics of his sale bulls. We had a blast with so many people. They'd walk up and look at this thick, long-bodied meat machine, and say, "Is that an Angus bull?" or, "Is that a Simmental?". Of course us being the instigators we are, we had to have a little fun with them.

Quite a few hutterites started talking dollars trying to buy him, until we finally admitted that he wasn't Simmental. You should have seen their eyes bug out then!!lol There were a couple though that fell in love with him and wanted to buy him real bad. They didn't care that he was Galloway, they wanted him. They took bull sale catalogues so it'll be interesting to see if they show up. They are mighty good cattle, for sure.

Simmental? geez that will really make them useful.

Well maybe a darn good January born Simmental "yearling".

Are you saying that there a NO good simmental cattle Big Muddy? I've seen a few.

Some people say that if you can see past breed genetics and look at structural genetics you will find good cattle in any breed. All we are trying to say with the Galloways and Welsh Blacks is that there are some out there that are just as good as Angus or Simmental or any other straight black :lol: breed there is.

Latest posts