• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Jim McAdams makes sense.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Sandhusker

Reaction score
Jim McAdams of NCBA,"...The beef industry lost 50 percent of its market from 1977 to 1997, he said. Then it realized it needed to produce what the consumer wanted. Since 1997, demand has increased 25 percent.
Today's hot debate is how to get the Japanese market back open. It
wants 100 percent testing for bovine spongiform ecephalopathy.
"Let's give it to them," McAdams said. "It's all about how we look at
things and how we work through them." Cattle producers must adapt and change in order to benefit, he said."

Maybe some of you NCBA boys (and you know who I'm talking to) need to tell Jim about the folly of testing when you won't find anything or the concept of false advertising.... :wink:

I was hoping to get a comment from you two - I know you've read this.......... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He was probably either taken out of context, someone mis-quoted him or he was in the sauce too much. :wink:

Or, he might be a delusional proponent of "False Advertising". :???:

Mike said:
He was probably either taken out of context, someone mis-quoted him or he was in the sauce too much. :wink:

Miike, when you imply that the president of NCBA is "in the sauce too much", shouldn't you have solid proof if it?

Aside from that bit of stupidity you probably think is cute or funny, Sandhusker gives no indication of the context of the comments by McAdams. There is no way to honestly critique this little set-up.

MRJ

Quote: "Today's hot debate is how to get the Japanese market back open. It wants 100 percent testing for bovine spongiform ecephalopathy.
"Let's give it to them," McAdams said."

If this is an actual quote as opposed to deception by taking a statement out of context as R-CULT is so well known for, I disagree with Jim.

If this is NCBA's position, I disagree with them.

I realize independent thinking is a hard concept for you to grasp Sandhusker.

Creating an "ILLUSION" of safety by BSE testing cattle that are too young to reveal BSE prions is ludicrous.

Only those who support deception would support that!

Goooooooo R-CULT and Sandhusker!

~SH~

I would encourage everyone to ready the article referenced in this post. It's actually a good article. Unfortunately, the reporting of the contents in this post grossly take the article out of context.

Link to article: http://www.ntxe-news.com/artman/publish/article_25073.shtml

Sandhusker taking NCBA President Jim McAdams out of context: "Today's hot debate is how to get the Japanese market back open. It wants 100 percent testing for bovine spongiform ecephalopathy.
"Let's give it to them," McAdams said."

Actual quote referenced from article above: "Today's hot debate is how to get the Japanese market back open. It wants 100 percent testing for bovine spongiform ecephalopathy. "Some say let's give it to them," McAdams said. "If it's done in a cooperative manner, that's one thing. If it's made to put us at a competitive disadvantage, that's another. It's all about how we look at things and how we work through them."

When you read the actual article, it's obvious Jim McAdams is not stumping for testing.

Nice try.

Beefman

MRJ said:
Mike said:

Miike, when you imply that the president of NCBA is "in the sauce too much", shouldn't you have solid proof if it?
Aside from that bit of stupidity you probably think is cute or funny, Sandhusker gives no indication of the context of the comments by McAdams. There is no way to honestly critique this little set-up.
MRJ

We all know you have no wit or humor, MRJ. You don't have to keep proving it to us.
But then again, your stab at me [above] was a humorous failure. :shock:

Beefman,

Thank you!

Sandhusker is once again exposed for the deceptive individual he really is.

~SH~

Thank you, Reader.

Beefman, that is not where I got the quote, and I did NOT take anything out of context. Do you think there is the possibility that the president of the NCBA may have publicly said something on BSE testing to Japan more than once? My gosh, there may even be three quotes!

Heck, I agree with the man! Shouldn't the title to my post give you a clue? Did I say anything derogatory? No, I said the man makes sense!

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeze.

Sandhusker.......I did NOT take anything out of context.

Response: reread the response you recieved from Reader (the second).

Had the reporter not agreed there was a misquote in the article, the first printing would've stood as is. Why continue to quote from an article the author has corrected? Correcting the misquote effectively neuters your point.

Beefman

reader (the Second) said:
This is the article that came out one way and then he retracted what he said -- said he was misquoted by the Texas A&M reporter, which he probably was. The first printing of the article did have him saying "Let's give it to them" folks.

Reader, which way was it, did someone misquote him, writing something he did NOT say, or did he "retract" something he said, but did not intend to say?

I'm betting it was a misquote, not that it matters because those who choose to hate NCBA for their own reasons will also choose to believe the version most damaging to McAdams and NCBA. Sandhusker misinformation succeeds again!

Mike, why do you cloak as "humorous" a slur against the NCBA President? If someone wrote something untrue about you which could cause trouble for you in your job or business, and brush it aside as humorous when questioned about it, would you accept that with good cheer? I have no problem with humor.......when it isn't designed to cast doubt on a person's moral character, or to cause at least small problems for them, most especially when the person has done nothing to deserve the jab.

MRJ

Beefman said:
Sandhusker.......I did NOT take anything out of context.

Response: reread the response you recieved from Reader (the second).

Had the reporter not agreed there was a misquote in the article, the first printing would've stood as is. Why continue to quote from an article the author has corrected? Correcting the misquote effectively neuters your point.

Beefman[/quote

Response: Please reread "Beefman, that is not where I got the quote."

MRJ said:
This is the article that came out one way and then he retracted what he said -- said he was misquoted by the Texas A&M reporter, which he probably was. The first printing of the article did have him saying "Let's give it to them" folks.

Reader, which way was it, did someone misquote him, writing something he did NOT say, or did he "retract" something he said, but did not intend to say?

I'm betting it was a misquote, not that it matters because those who choose to hate NCBA for their own reasons will also choose to believe the version most damaging to McAdams and NCBA. Sandhusker misinformation succeeds again!

Mike, why do you cloak as "humorous" a slur against the NCBA President? If someone wrote something untrue about you which could cause trouble for you in your job or business, and brush it aside as humorous when questioned about it, would you accept that with good cheer? I have no problem with humor.......when it isn't designed to cast doubt on a person's moral character, or to cause at least small problems for them, most especially when the person has done nothing to deserve the jab.

MRJ

MRJ, In my hastily conceived notions and attempts at humor I forgot my "Patriotic Duty" when defending the NCBA PRESIDENT from a misquote.
If he gets removed from office because of my post, please send him my condolences.

As far as someone saying something about me, "when they're talking about me - they're giving someone else a BREAK".

Mike said:
MRJ said:

MRJ

MRJ, In my hastily conceived notions and attempts at humor I forgot my "Patriotic Duty" when defending the NCBA PRESIDENT from a misquote.
If he gets removed from office because of my post, please send him my condolences.

As far as someone saying something about me, "when they're talking about me - they're giving someone else a BREAK".

{Defending......or not........when a president of any organization is accused.....humorously or maliciously.......of alcohol abuse while talking to a group of people or to the press......there will be those who believe it true.......and use it to attempt harm to the organization....... the real target.

As for yourself......if such comment is harmlessly humorous, maybe we should attach it to R-CALF/LMA/OCM leaders' every utterance posted here.

MRJ

MRJ, "I'm betting it was a misquote, not that it matters because those who choose to hate NCBA for their own reasons will also choose to believe the version most damaging to McAdams and NCBA. Sandhusker misinformation succeeds again!"

I'll be a man and admit that what I posted has been proven to be a misquote. I'll also state that at the time I posted it, I did not know it to be so. I posted it because I felt that McAdams was actually saying something that made sense - not as a slap against the NCBA but as an actual "atta-boy". He even makes sense in the corrected version.

As some of you NCBA folks are on the hyper-defensive, I'll do what I can to not cause any more stirs by promising that I will in no way ever try to put the NCBA or any of it's directors of officers in a good light again.

MRJ said:
Mike said:
MRJ said:

MRJ

{Defending......or not........when a president of any organization is accused.....humorously or maliciously.......of alcohol abuse while talking to a group of people or to the press......there will be those who believe it true.......and use it to attempt harm to the organization....... the real target.

As for yourself......if such comment is harmlessly humorous, maybe we should attach it to R-CALF/LMA/OCM leaders' every utterance posted here.

MRJ

So we've gone from "in the sauce" to "alcohol abuse"? And from "humorously" to "maliciously"?
Wow, you need to sit down, relax and take 20 deep breaths, take your pulse (just as a precaution) and gather your senses.

R-calf/LMA/OCM leaders' every utterance is of no consequence to me. Attach at will.

Mike said:
MRJ said:
Mike said:

MRJ

So we've gone from "in the sauce" to "alcohol abuse"? And from "humorously" to "maliciously"?
Wow, you need to sit down, relax and take 20 deep breaths, take your pulse (just as a precaution) and gather your senses.

R-calf/LMA/OCM leaders' every utterance is of no consequence to me. Attach at will.

Mike- Its been my experience that when someone comes back with such a strong attack in reply to a joke as MRJ did that they are covering for something--Did you get too close to a nerve- like the truth-- :???: :wink:

Oldtimer, She's just showing her true colors cause I called her down on the lies she was spewing about Thomas Jefferson.
Quite a comedy, huh? I've been laughing my rear off all day!

Mike said:
Oldtimer, She's just showing her true colors cause I called her down on the lies she was spewing about Thomas Jefferson.
Quite a comedy, huh? I've been laughing my rear off all day!

Knowing it is foolish to point out the two faces some posters have, one reserved for those of us who won't tollerate lies about NCBA, and another for those who will agree with almost anything from R-CALF/LMA/WORC/OCM, that some posters shift between so easily, here goes another attempt anyway.

Mike, why is it "lies" when I quote news media stories about Jefferson, and apparently an honest mistake when Sandhusker mis-quotes Jim McAdams? Double standared maybe?

OT, your comment is one reason even "jokes" about ones character should not be allowed to go unchallenged, if you want to be honest about it.

MRJ

MRJ

MRJ:"Mike, why is it "lies" when I quote news media stories about Jefferson, and apparently an honest mistake when Sandhusker mis-quotes Jim McAdams? Double standared maybe?"

First of all, you degraded Jefferson from what you called "well documented" sources, showing your complete ignorance on the topic. You didn't "quote" anyone. You just made the s**t up! Go back and look!

Second, Sandhusker pasted the quote of Jim McAdams. I had seen it earlier and pointed out that it was a mis-quote because Sandhusker obviously didn't know the quote had been retracted.

"Double Standard"? You must be dreaming again! Give up MRJ, you are not making a good example for the NCBA! :???: And...................you're exposing your incessant deficiencies in comprehension.

Latest posts