• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Medora through to Minot...

Help Support Ranchers.net:

RSL

Reaction score
Any good tack/saddle/boot shops en route from Medora ND, through Bismarck and into Minot?
MY boots are shot and I thought I might look for a good pair on my upcoming holiday. (not opposed to heading to Glendive MT either.)

If you are that close, you should try to get to Miles City,Mt.
It is very worthwhile--(plus no sales tax in Mt. :wink: ) And there are 2 stores there:
Miles City Saddlery and Murdoch's Ranch and Home for a good boot selection.
I only know of one boot place in Glendive, Ranch and Farm Ace (that
is a fun store, they have lots of neat things.)
In Dickinson, ND there is
Wanner Western Wear. There used to be Corral West, but
I can't find it in the phone book, so perhaps it is no longer open.
I don't know much about further east or north, but I bet Minot has something. I don't have that phone book, or I'd look it up
for you.
Hope this helps! Good luck!

In the mall in minot there is a good boot store but i cant remember the name of the store.

I was through Minot last summer, stopped at a little feed store there that was kind of interesting. They had boots, tack, feed and some equipment. Cannot think of the name but I think there was a big fiberglass horse in front of it.

I lived in that country for 20+ yrs and dont think there is a real on up there. A couple good saddle makers but no shops. I guess if I was looking I'd go to Olivers in Amarillo, its not far out of my way back to ND :)

nmhighdesert said:
I lived in that country for 20+ yrs and dont think there is a real on up there. A couple good saddle makers but no shops. I guess if I was looking I'd go to Olivers in Amarillo, its not far out of my way back to ND :)
I think my wife would notice if I "got lost" for that amount of time... :p

I think that store in Minot is out on the west side across from the equipment dealers. There's a place down town has got good workstuff and guns to gawk at too-I think it's a 'tractor barn or something like that. Been awhile since I've been there.

Thanks All. I will post a pic of my new boots, if I don't let my Scottish heritage deter me...(Very Likely to Happen)

Nope, they have been made in China for a long time.
How I found out, I was in Brian's Boot and Shoes in Sheridan,
Wyoming (really neat boot store BTW) and he said he refused
to sell a boot made in China!!!!!! That was about 4 years ago.
I know, it's disappointing.

Brian's Boots is carrying a lot of Boulet Boots now. He says
they are very well made. (Boulet=Made in Canada).

bootbarn.com

my son just got a pair of justin's from there. knew the size and item number he wanted and saved over $100 from buying local. not necessarily a good thing but the way she goes.

Latest posts