• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Moved from Coffee Shop: Moderating complaints

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Pig Farmer said:
Bullhauler said:
RobertMac said:
No, Bullhauler, I'm not ashamed...Soapweed and I criticized Pig Farmer for what we saw fit. I noticed neither of you defended OT for the way he has posted on PB...could that be because Pig is right????????
I've noticed that when liberal don't have a leg to stand on concerning the issues, they resort to personal attacks.
And for the record, I've been here since before Macon took over.

Looks like I touched a nerve. I didn't know pigfarmer was a liberal.

By the way pigfarmer didn't you know only a braggert tells how many cows they run? Any time some town boy asks me this question and only a town boy is dumb enough to ask I tell them that it is none of their damn business.

bh I highly doubt that you have missed the many posts by your hero and manipulator ot and how many cows he moves and how many are down by the river and such. :lol: :lol: :lol: sock puppet if I EVER SAW ONE.

I don't think OT has ever said any number of cows or acres. I think you are terribly jealous of OT. In my commandments coveting is a sin how about yours??

RobertMac said:
HAY MAKER said:
RobertMac said:
Pig, you know I agree with you on what you say about OT, but you, of all people, should know that when you wrestle with pigs, you are going to get some on you! :shock: All Soap and I are saying is stay clean. :wink: :)

I don't have a problem with OT's moderating, but, as a moderator, he is privileged to information the rest of us aren't and he uses that information against posters he disagrees with. Also, the false accusations of stalking by posters he doesn't like. That is wrong and why I think he should be terminated as a moderator.

A moderator brought this thread over here to be discussed...I would like to here from Macon and the other moderator. It's past time for you to step up to this issue.

Dont hold your breath Robert,to many folks against moderating.including myself,excluding profanity to many kids and ladies frequent the site.
good luck

PS I agree with your short hand for pigfarmer,believe I will address him as pig myself :D :D
Hay Maker, I'm NOT asking for more censorship and stated Oldtimer does an appropriate job of removing garbage from the boards. A moderator brought this thread here so moderating could be discussed...how can moderating be discussed without input from Moderators??????

Moderator said:
Some of the latest additions to that CT thread included these complaints about the moderating. As long as it's in the appropriate place, those complaints are fine with me because in my mind, censoring complaints about the moderating would be some of the worst type of censoring that we could do. Considering that, and so that some of you can continue to discuss the moderating without feeling like you are being censored, I moved those posts to this thread in Bull Session. In here, some of you will find what you desire: a chance to complain about the moderating with very limited interference.

Well, Moderator, I've asked a question, how about an answer?

As for my "short hand" for Pig Farmer, I'm sure he understands I mean it in the same way as I address Soapweed as "Soap"...as opposed to "Soupweed". :oops: :oops: :wink: :D

what the hell did you do OT to get all these folks crying like babies ???

robertmac, you and some of the others are like a bunch of school kids tattling to the teacher or their mommy.

don't you people have some work to do, some cows or pigs to feed or something ???

the moderator already spoke on this matter, why don't you folks listen ;

Also on the subject of harassment:

Anyone posting personal information about another member with the intent to badger, threaten or intimidate that member will be immediately banned. No other warnings will be given. I realize that this will involve my subjective judgment on a case-by-case basis, so the best advice I can give all of you is DO NOT even come close to violating this guideline. Don't make me have to exercise that judgment. I have much better things to do with my time.

Political Bull requires a thick skin. I've said that for years. But that is NOT an excuse to be a jerk. If you disagree with someone about their politics, by all means, call them out and tell them what you think. But if your only reason for being here is to exhibit behavior that you wouldn't exhibit if you were visiting a neighbor's ranch, maybe you need to think about whether or not this is the place for you.

Let's all try to keep it less about the personal stuff and more about the politics.

http://www.ranchers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39387

terry

Bullhauler said:
Pig Farmer said:
Bullhauler said:
Looks like I touched a nerve. I didn't know pigfarmer was a liberal.

By the way pigfarmer didn't you know only a braggert tells how many cows they run? Any time some town boy asks me this question and only a town boy is dumb enough to ask I tell them that it is none of their damn business.

bh I highly doubt that you have missed the many posts by your hero and manipulator ot and how many cows he moves and how many are down by the river and such. :lol: :lol: :lol: sock puppet if I EVER SAW ONE.

I don't think OT has ever said any number of cows or acres. I think you are terribly jealous of OT. In my commandments coveting is a sin how about yours??
BH, you should look at number nine...bearing false witness!!!
I've been stereo-typed before...grow up!

flounder said:
RobertMac said:
HAY MAKER said:
Dont hold your breath Robert,to many folks against moderating.including myself,excluding profanity to many kids and ladies frequent the site.
good luck

PS I agree with your short hand for pigfarmer,believe I will address him as pig myself :D :D
Hay Maker, I'm NOT asking for more censorship and stated Oldtimer does an appropriate job of removing garbage from the boards. A moderator brought this thread here so moderating could be discussed...how can moderating be discussed without input from Moderators??????

Moderator said:
Some of the latest additions to that CT thread included these complaints about the moderating. As long as it's in the appropriate place, those complaints are fine with me because in my mind, censoring complaints about the moderating would be some of the worst type of censoring that we could do. Considering that, and so that some of you can continue to discuss the moderating without feeling like you are being censored, I moved those posts to this thread in Bull Session. In here, some of you will find what you desire: a chance to complain about the moderating with very limited interference.

Well, Moderator, I've asked a question, how about an answer?

As for my "short hand" for Pig Farmer, I'm sure he understands I mean it in the same way as I address Soapweed as "Soap"...as opposed to "Soupweed". :oops: :oops: :wink: :D

robertmac, you and some of the others are like a bunch of school kids tattling to the teacher or their mommy.

don't you people have some work to do, some cows or pigs to feed or something ???

the moderator already spoke on this matter, why don't you folks listen ;

Also on the subject of harassment:

Anyone posting personal information about another member with the intent to badger, threaten or intimidate that member will be immediately banned. No other warnings will be given. I realize that this will involve my subjective judgment on a case-by-case basis, so the best advice I can give all of you is DO NOT even come close to violating this guideline. Don't make me have to exercise that judgment. I have much better things to do with my time.

Political Bull requires a thick skin. I've said that for years. But that is NOT an excuse to be a jerk. If you disagree with someone about their politics, by all means, call them out and tell them what you think. But if your only reason for being here is to exhibit behavior that you wouldn't exhibit if you were visiting a neighbor's ranch, maybe you need to think about whether or not this is the place for you.

Let's all try to keep it less about the personal stuff and more about the politics.

http://www.ranchers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39387

terry

You would not care to take the time to elaborate about anyone doing these type postings would you.

Here let me see if I can help u you ot posted Hopys personal info since I say since the above was posted and took shots at him as well and ot is still here.

Now as I SAID MAN UP AND CALL ANYONE ELSE DOING THESE THINGS OUT. Also please post the things you are referencing.

terry said:
Ignorance will get you in trouble...I suggest you learn what you are talking about.

Bye the way, don't you have a beef industry to try to destroy????

Really do you want to go there???????
I have not seen you that often in PB so do you know if and how many times ot has done JUST THAT?
Do you know how many times ot brought up subject matter that was NOT public knowledge to the board?
Do you know how many times ot has made a claim against another poster in order to shut them up?
Do you know how many times ot has brought up long dead disagreements in order to get the fighting going again?
Do you know how many times ot has out and out lied about any number of topics?

You call that crying to mommy? I call it whistleblowing on someone abusing thier "power"

Mods are to KEEP THE PEACE on a board NOT stir it up. They are to be honest and upfront and NOT take sides between two posters.

maybe we should have a poll, like the photo contest, and see what the results would show for whether or not OT should be a mod. if the majority is against OT as a mod, can't he be replaced.? seems that would maybe solve at least some of this. :?

Justin said:
maybe we should have a poll, like the photo contest, and see what the results would show for whether or not OT should be a mod. if the majority is against OT as a mod, can't he be replaced.? seems that would maybe solve at least some of this. :?

mods could be forum specific, as they are for PhotoContest. Most of the complaints about moderating come from Political Bull/Bull session.

mods should be someone that spend a considerable amount of time in the specific forum, with a proven unbiased (or as much as possible) posting history.

hypocritexposer said:
Justin said:

mods could be forum specific, as they are for PhotoContest. Most of the complaints about moderating come from Political Bull/Bull session.

mods should be someone that spend a considerable amount of time in the specific forum, with a proven unbiased (or as much as possible) posting history.

well maybe OT should moderate the Horses & Dogs section then. there isn't to many cat fights over there, i don't think :wink:

MsSage said:
I have not seen you that often in PB so do you know if and how many times ot has done JUST THAT?
Do you know how many times ot brought up subject matter that was NOT public knowledge to the board?
Do you know how many times ot has made a claim against another poster in order to shut them up?
Do you know how many times ot has brought up long dead disagreements in order to get the fighting going again?

You call that crying to mommy? I call it whistleblowing on someone abusing thier "power"

Mods are to KEEP THE PEACE on a board NOT stir it up. They are to be honest and upfront and NOT take sides between two posters.

holy mad cow, this is the BULL session. looks like we got a bunch of calves. we should start calling it the calves session. or maybe
"ningunas bolas session".

hmmm,

> "subject matter that was NOT PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE to the board" ???

i'm sure it's top secret, ''unclass efto'' probably. what could it be?

must be serious BSe?

here's a real confidential document for ya ;

STRICTLY PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL 25, AUGUST 1995

snip...

To minimise the risk of farmers' claims for compensation from feed compounders.

To minimise the potential damage to compound feed markets through adverse publicity.

To maximise freedom of action for feed compounders, notably by maintaining the availability of meat and bone meal as a raw material in animal feeds, and ensuring time is available to make any changes which may be required.

snip...

THE FUTURE

MAFF remains under pressure in Brussels and is not skilled at handling potentially explosive issues.

5. Tests _may_ show that ruminant feeds have been sold which contain illegal traces of ruminant protein. More likely, a few positive test results will turn up but proof that a particular feed mill knowingly supplied it to a particular farm will be difficult if not impossible.

6. The threat remains real and it will be some years before feed compounders are free of it. The longer we can avoid any direct linkage between feed milling _practices_ and actual BSE cases, the more likely it is that serious damage can be avoided. ...

SEE full text ;

http://www.bseinquiry.gov.uk/files/yb/1995/08/24002001.pdf

http://collections.europarchive.org/tna/20080102153800/http://www.bseinquiry.gov.uk/files/yb/1995/08/24002001.pdf

USA 2009

Friday, September 4, 2009

FOIA REQUEST ON FEED RECALL PRODUCT 429,128 lbs. feed for ruminant animals may have been contaminated with prohibited material Recall # V-258-2009

http://madcowfeed.blogspot.com/2009/09/foia-request-on-feed-recall-product.html

Saturday, August 29, 2009

FOIA REQUEST FEED RECALL 2009 Product may have contained prohibited materials Bulk Whole Barley, Recall # V-256-2009

http://madcowfeed.blogspot.com/2009/08/foia-request-feed-recall-2009-product.html

----- Original Message ----- From: "Terry S. Singeltary Sr." <[email protected]> To: <[email protected]> Sent: Thursday, November 05, 2009 9:25 PM Subject: [BSE-L] re-FOIA REQUEST ON FEED RECALL PRODUCT contaminated with prohibited material Recall # V-258-2009 and Recall # V-256-2009

CONFIRMED BSE RELATED ;

http://madcowfeed.blogspot.com/2009/11/re-foia-request-on-feed-recall-product.html

PLEASE show me all these bad things OT did ???

I have probably been one of the biggest thorns in OT'S ass. We been tit for tat, but everything was above board. we had our heated debates, as others have here. but OT has never done these things on the Bull Session, other than good debate and discussion. i never heard ot say ''your mama where's combat boots'' or nothing of that sort.

A lie is one thing, being confused is another :lol2: It's tough getting old, and that's a fact :wink:

TSS

flounder said:
MsSage said:

holy mad cow, this is the BULL session. looks like we got a bunch of calves. we should start calling it the calves session. or maybe

hmmm,

must be serious BSe?

snip...

To minimise the potential damage to compound feed markets through adverse publicity.

To maximise freedom of action for feed compounders, notably by maintaining the availability of meat and bone meal as a raw material in animal feeds, and ensuring time is available to make any changes which may be required.

snip...

THE FUTURE

MAFF remains under pressure in Brussels and is not skilled at handling potentially explosive issues.

5. Tests _may_ show that ruminant feeds have been sold which contain illegal traces of ruminant protein. More likely, a few positive test results will turn up but proof that a particular feed mill knowingly supplied it to a particular farm will be difficult if not impossible.

6. The threat remains real and it will be some years before feed compounders are free of it. The longer we can avoid any direct linkage between feed milling _practices_ and actual BSE cases, the more likely it is that serious damage can be avoided. ...

SEE full text ;

http://collections.europarchive.org/tna/20080102153800/http://www.bseinquiry.gov.uk/files/yb/1995/08/24002001.pdf

USA 2009

FOIA REQUEST ON FEED RECALL PRODUCT 429,128 lbs. feed for ruminant animals may have been contaminated with prohibited material Recall # V-258-2009

FOIA REQUEST FEED RECALL 2009 Product may have contained prohibited materials Bulk Whole Barley, Recall # V-256-2009

http://madcowfeed.blogspot.com/2009/08/foia-request-feed-recall-2009-product.html

----- Original Message ----- From: "Terry S. Singeltary Sr." <[email protected]> To: <[email protected]> Sent: Thursday, November 05, 2009 9:25 PM Subject: [BSE-L] re-FOIA REQUEST ON FEED RECALL PRODUCT contaminated with prohibited material Recall # V-258-2009 and Recall # V-256-2009

CONFIRMED BSE RELATED ;

http://madcowfeed.blogspot.com/2009/11/re-foia-request-on-feed-recall-product.html

I have probably been one of the biggest thorns in OT'S ass. We been tit for tat, but everything was above board. we had our heated debates, as others have here. but OT has never done these things on the Bull Session, other than good debate and discussion. i never heard ot say ''your mama where's combat boots'' or nothing of that sort.

A lie is one thing, being confused is another :lol2: It's tough getting old, and that's a fact :wink:

TSS

I have never been able to "flounder" through your ramblings, and this last post is just as confusing as all the rest. :roll:

RobertMac said:
terry said:
Ignorance will get you in trouble...I suggest you learn what you are talking about.

oh no, i''m in trouble now :roll:

and as far as your comment ;

RobertMac said:

I have _never_ set out to destroy the beef industry. you do a good enough job there by yourself. I simply have tried to help clean it up. so get over yourself. ...

TSS

Soapweed said:
flounder said:
MsSage said:

hmmm,

must be serious BSe?

snip...

snip...

THE FUTURE

SEE full text ;

USA 2009

CONFIRMED BSE RELATED ;

TSS

I have never been able to "flounder" through your ramblings, and this last post is just as confusing as all the rest. :roll:

Hey Soap does this confuse you? ''your mama where's combat boots'' :D

Big Muddy rancher said:
Soapweed said:
flounder said:

hmmm,

must be serious BSe?

snip...

snip...

THE FUTURE

SEE full text ;

USA 2009

CONFIRMED BSE RELATED ;

TSS

It confuses me, BMR. Are you asking the location of the boots? :wink:

Big Muddy rancher said:
Soapweed said:
flounder said:

hmmm,

must be serious BSe?

snip...

snip...

THE FUTURE

SEE full text ;

USA 2009

CONFIRMED BSE RELATED ;

TSS

Sounds like a drunk soldier trying to get dressed. He can't find his boots or his "rousing blubbers," and he thinks the drill sergeant is his mama. :roll: :)

MsSage said:

I don't spend as much time on PB as some of you, but any clear thinking person understands.

Justin, I think we have gotten our answer or should I say, a none-answer...we will have to live with it as is. So be it.

Wow! All the stupidity, chicken crap and name-calling of PB without the unpleasant side effects! :roll: The personal attacks on ANYBODY are uncalled for and pretty embarsassing for a bunch of level headed adults! LAY OFF Oldtimer's family, children, ranch, hertitage, off-ranch job and HIM!!!! :!: While he and I may disagree over politics, he or anyone else doesn't deserve the treatment some of ya'll dish out! He has served his community as a judge and a sheriff. He has raised a fine family while running a beautiful ranch that he loves. And he (Not being a smart alec or disrespectful) is in his 70's which makes him my elder and therefore plenty worthy of my respect and patience. ATLEAST THE WAY I WAS TAUGHT!!!!! Disagree for hell sakes! But why be so caustic? So venomous? So childish? Aren't ya better than that? Or did I just answer my own question? :???: Hell, we all say stupid stuff when we get upset. PUT ME AT THE TOP OF THAT LIST WITH MY COMMENTS TO ELMO AND HAYMAKER! But then ya realize how assinine and dumb ya are, and ya make it right. I'd sure like to see more of that, (peaceful, rational, neighborly disagreement) and none of the other BS that slander's folks and ruins their day! I'll end my rant with this..... WOULD ANY OF YOU OUT THERE, FRIENDS OF MINE INCLUDED, WANT TO HAVE YOUR OWN FAMILY RUN DOWN AND TALKED ABOUT, THE WAY OLDTIMER AND HIS FAMILY HAVE BEEN? If ya do, you sure lost a lotta respect from me, not that that means very much around here. Hope ya know, Oldtimer, that you are always welcome at our place. Let's just not talk politics! :D

leanin' H said:
Wow! All the stupidity, chicken crap and name-calling of PB without the unpleasant side effects! :roll: The personal attacks on ANYBODY are uncalled for and pretty embarsassing for a bunch of level headed adults! LAY OFF Oldtimer's family, children, ranch, hertitage, off-ranch job and HIM!!!! :!: While he and I may disagree over politics, he or anyone else doesn't deserve the treatment some of ya'll dish out! He has served his community as a judge and a sheriff. He has raised a fine family while running a beautiful ranch that he loves. And he (Not being a smart alec or disrespectful) is in his 70's which makes him my elder and therefore plenty worthy of my respect and patience. ATLEAST THE WAY I WAS TAUGHT!!!!! Disagree for hell sakes! But why be so caustic? So venomous? So childish? Aren't ya better than that? Or did I just answer my own question? :???: Hell, we all say stupid stuff when we get upset. PUT ME AT THE TOP OF THAT LIST WITH MY COMMENTS TO ELMO AND HAYMAKER! But then ya realize how assinine and dumb ya are, and ya make it right. I'd sure like to see more of that, (peaceful, rational, neighborly disagreement) and none of the other BS that slander's folks and ruins their day! I'll end my rant with this..... WOULD ANY OF YOU OUT THERE, FRIENDS OF MINE INCLUDED, WANT TO HAVE YOUR OWN FAMILY RUN DOWN AND TALKED ABOUT, THE WAY OLDTIMER AND HIS FAMILY HAVE BEEN? If ya do, you sure lost a lotta respect from me, not that that means very much around here. Hope ya know, Oldtimer, that you are always welcome at our place. Let's just not talk politics! :D

Well said leanin H, I must have missed the post where you made comments about me that were stupid :???:
good luck

PS I hafta admitt I have always wondered about your sanity livin in that cold country,but not enff for you to be high on my list :D

Latest posts