• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

New artist to me at Klamath Bull Sale

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Jersey Lilly, that is one of my favorite pictures too. Now I have seen another one that is done the same way but a different picture. It's kinda like watercolor, I thought but not sure.

Yes, it is a special picture.

Welcome to ranchers.net, catdancing. That's a really neat handle, BTW.

Another artist that deals in realism, is Tucker Smith from Helena, Montana. I will try to take a picture of one of his paintings and post it here. His animal pictures were just so real, but now I hear he has started painting trains. Never was too interested in trains, but I sure liked his ranch/animal pictures. The first one he did was a team pulling a load of hay in deep snow in the Big Hole Country of Montana. Great, absolutely great picture. We have a couple and one of ours is called "Taking a break" and it is a horse with sweat running out of the saddle blankets, standing hipshot with a guy and a blue heeler dog sitting in the shade of the horse. We had a dog like that, and the man sitting resembles my husband enough that a lot of people ask if that is him sitting there.

I've also got a photo of our horsman friend, Tom Wagoner, winning the Saddle Bronc riding at Reno on our wall. A lot of folks ask if that is my husband too, but it isn't...and he is quick to tell them so.

No offense intended but I'm stealing that name for the first filly out of my wee blue stud that bucks-half the fun of raising rough stock is naming them.

For all who also love this name, a little background. LONG, long ago, I saw a movie with Burt Reynolds in it and it was about a man who loved an Indian Woman - her name was Cat Dancing. The title of the movie was "The Man Who Loved Cat Dancing". I never forgot that name, but just didn't think it fit anything I had. Three years ago I acquired an appaloosa stud colt (as yet unnamed); he's mostly quarter horse, thick white mane and tail, BUT he is a gorgeous burnished palomino color, white blanket and dark golden spots. I took one look at that horse and said "hello Cat Dancing". I'm 1/4 Lakota Sioux so I think the name fits both of us. I'm now the Woman Who Loves Cat Dancing!

Incidently, he's making a wonderful, smart cowpony. I love unusual names and my previous horse, which is no longer alive was called Someday Windsong.

I saw that movie and always loved the name. I had a friend that was always gonna name a horse "Cat Dancing."

Our horses names are ones like, "Bruce", "Cody", "Champ". Pretty dull compared to "Cat Dancing." :wink:

Please post a picture of that neat sounding horse. We'd really like to see him.

Cat Dancing,

To [post a photo on here, you gotta work through photobucket. Search this site for how to post a photo,

PPRM

Latest posts