• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

New Creekstone Proposal

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Oldtimer said:
frenchie said:
Oldtimer said:
99% of everything surrounding BSE is speculation, theory, and SWAG's....

I asked you If you can prove it...Answer the question OT

Your country- Your cattle- that are turning up positive every few months-- younger and younger each time ( 2 post feedban now- with one born almost 2 years after the feedban) .... You prove to me and the world it isn't happening- I would think you would want to :???: ...Like I said as long as we can convince Congress there is that doubt and keep them from allowing the USDA to open up the border anymore to OTM beef and cattle again- I don't have a dog in this fight....

Don,t dodge the question Ot..you made an allegation ..now back it up.

Please name the producers that you know that are breaking the feedban.

Tam:Why can't you get it through your head that even Creekstone said that BSE tested beef doesn't mean BSE FREE.

Can you please provide the quote where Creekstone said this?

Econ101 said:
Tam said:
Oldtimer said:
Tam Did you forget the Canuck government backed down on all those safeguard rules they proposed a couple years ago--Same as the US....And they aren't in effect- sold out long term safety to short term packer economics again......

I think BSE tester will end up being right on this one in both countries--Both countries will end up testing- maybe everything...10-15 years from now when people start dying from BSE (vCJD) or another TSE in North America the public will demand it- just like the Japanese.....BUT I wonder How many will die because of the bullheadedness of the Tams & ~SH~'s of the world that blindly follow the Packers and NCBA/CCA/CFIA/USDA and their economy driven science...

Creekstone could have tested thousands at no cost to the producer and given the world a better sampling of the extent of this disease.....

Oldtimer until the US is caught up with Canada Please don't comment on what we haven't done YET.You have a long way to go or did you forget you personally said the US has a right to have the same safeguards as Canada has had for years.
Why can't you get it through your head that even Creekstone said that BSE tested beef doesn't mean BSE FREE. so tell us how the testing they were going to do was going to give the world a better sampling of the extent of the disease when they were going to test animals that would not show positive with the test Japan was using.

BSE testers test may be the saving factor but until the government validates it it is doing us no good. Besides if what BSE tester says is true about his test and that it can detect prions in urine in cattle of all ages then why is he saying we should test every animal headed into the human food chain why not test the whole herd and eliminate it? Does the animal have to be dead to get a sample of its urine? If Japan believes in the test why haven't they tested their whole herd, eliminated anything testing positive and gone back to BSE free status. That would sure ease the minds of their consumers to know the government had eradicated the disease altogether.

Tam, by your own above reasoning, cattle tested by the Canadian govt. may be BSE tested, but not BSE free. I think you have just shot yourself in the foot. :lol: :lol:
Econ Did you forget We don't eat any of the animals we test in CANADA? AND we use the test on the ones that are at the very highest possibility of showing positives the 4D's not under aged that nobody has found a positive in. :roll: Fools have to say something :wink:

First off frenchman - you need to read the whole thread--I didn't make the claim- a Canadian did- BSE Tester... :???:
As far as who in Canada is doing it- the evidence was never allowed to be brought out at trial--YET.....

Tam said:
Econ101 said:
Tam said:
Oldtimer until the US is caught up with Canada Please don't comment on what we haven't done YET.You have a long way to go or did you forget you personally said the US has a right to have the same safeguards as Canada has had for years.
Why can't you get it through your head that even Creekstone said that BSE tested beef doesn't mean BSE FREE. so tell us how the testing they were going to do was going to give the world a better sampling of the extent of the disease when they were going to test animals that would not show positive with the test Japan was using.

BSE testers test may be the saving factor but until the government validates it it is doing us no good. Besides if what BSE tester says is true about his test and that it can detect prions in urine in cattle of all ages then why is he saying we should test every animal headed into the human food chain why not test the whole herd and eliminate it? Does the animal have to be dead to get a sample of its urine? If Japan believes in the test why haven't they tested their whole herd, eliminated anything testing positive and gone back to BSE free status. That would sure ease the minds of their consumers to know the government had eradicated the disease altogether.

Tam, by your own above reasoning, cattle tested by the Canadian govt. may be BSE tested, but not BSE free. I think you have just shot yourself in the foot. :lol: :lol:
Econ Did you forget We don't eat any of the animals we test in CANADA? AND we use the test on the ones that are at the very highest possibility of showing positives the 4D's not under aged that nobody has found a positive in. :roll: Fools have to say something :wink:

Tam, what does that have to do with anything when you are trying to erradicate the spread of a disease? I didn't "forget" anything, some things are just irrelevant. You don't seem to be able to tell what is and what is not irrelevant. Kind of reminds me of your defense of the Alberta report on the "salmon run".

Econ:
Tam, by your own above reasoning, cattle tested by the Canadian govt. may be BSE tested, but not BSE free. I think you have just shot yourself in the foot. Laughing Laughing

Tam:Econ Did you forget We don't eat any of the animals we test in CANADA? AND we use the test on the ones that are at the very highest possibility of showing positives the 4D's not under aged that nobody has found a positive in. Rolling Eyes Fools have to say something Wink

What a reply! :lol: :lol: :lol:

What has "Not eating" them and testing 4-D's got to do with the stance on not testing? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Econ101 said:
Bill said:
feeder said:
What ever happened to that wonderful saying of 2 years ago. We are a great big North American beef industry. Now the same ones that were calling the two countries that, are the very ones trying to distant themselves and calling it a Canadian versus USA industry.

We continue to have a North American beef industry as evidenced by the amount of trade which has resumed bewtween the two countries.

There are startling differences however between the two countries in the openness and honesty in which testing has been handled as well as the approach taken by some such as R-Calf who still want to try and use the issue for monetary gain.

Because some of us point this out does not mean we see a further seperation much to the disappointment of those such as yourself.

Bill, based on the alberta report we have discussed on this forum, Canadians have as much trouble with govt. honesty as producers in the U.S. have with the USDA. Neither one of them passes the "smell" test. The USDA couldn't convince the Japanese. If the test is only $20.00 per head, why don't we all support testing of every animal until we know this is not a problem anymore? Maybe we could get some real science in correcting the problems instead of allowing them to be wedge issues and used politically. It seems that many have not even supported voluntary testing, which should have been a no brainer (of course that also is an indicator of brains).

The fact is that our system on bse is not transparent and the USDA wants to keep control of all testing. That raises some real big red flags.

I have never said I was against testing for human consumption and have in fact supported it.

Japan is taking Canadian product and not American for more reasons than just a shipment that was rejected.

Oldtimer said:
First off frenchman - you need to read the whole thread--I didn't make the claim- a Canadian did- BSE Tester... :???:
As far as who in Canada is doing it- the evidence was never allowed to be brought out at trial--YET.....

Again answer the question Ot...Who are these cattle producers that you heard were breaking the feed ban. Give me names .

Sandhusker said:
Bill said:
feeder said:
What ever happened to that wonderful saying of 2 years ago. We are a great big North American beef industry. Now the same ones that were calling the two countries that, are the very ones trying to distant themselves and calling it a Canadian versus USA industry.

We continue to have a North American beef industry as evidenced by the amount of trade which has resumed bewtween the two countries.

There are startling differences however between the two countries in the openness and honesty in which testing has been handled as well as the approach taken by some such as R-Calf who still want to try and use the issue for monetary gain.

Because some of us point this out does not mean we see a further seperation much to the disappointment of those such as yourself.

Your tag-line reads "Canadian beef - a cut above the rest". If you truly believe that, why do you want your product lumped with ours? That is exactly what this "North American Beef" concept does - it blurs the lines between the two countries and puts your "cut above" beef in the same bin and same label as beef from Hondouras. Is that what you want?

I have never said I was against labeling beef as Canadian as long as American beef is also labeled as American. I'll put our beef up against yours any day of the week.

frenchie said:
Oldtimer said:

Again answer the question Ot...Who are these cattle producers that you heard were breaking the feed ban. Give me names .

If Bullheadedness is an indicator FRENCHMEN would top the list :lol: :lol:

feeder said:
If Ot can't comment on issues in Canada then I'd appreciate if you refrain from commenting on our issues in the USA.
. Feeder what has divert attention away from your problems by pointing at ours done to solve the problems you have? You are so far behind us I doubt you will ever catch up. If the likes of Oldtimer would not have lied about our industry and blamed our industry for your problems for so long, maybe you would have any industry that we wouldn't have to comment about.

Mike said:
Mike said:
Tam:Why can't you get it through your head that even Creekstone said that BSE tested beef doesn't mean BSE FREE.

Can you please provide the quote where Creekstone said this?

Provide it Tam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess for now I'll just have to use Oldtimers response "I heard it alot so they must have said it." :wink: When I have time I will look it up.

Bill said:
BSE testers post above:

Two Feed Suppliers in Northern Alberta are still - that is AS I WRITE THIS - providing feed with animal protein in it!!

Oldtimers post regarding this comment on Cattle Today: http://cattletoday.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19462

Bez- You need to go over to ranchers.net and talk to BSE tester (New Creekstone Proposal thread)...He's from Edmonton and claims CFIA's enforcement has been abysmal-- and that it has no teeth....He claims that two Canadian feed companies are still putting animal protein in cattle feed...

Here's a tidbit you may want to file Oldtimer it is a RUMINENT to RUMINENT feed ban.

I hope you just read it wrong and aren't lieing to the good people at Cattle Today Oldtimer. (Nahhhh you wouldn't do that! :oops: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:)
No reply to this Oldtimer? Intentionally misleading, a mistake or too much whiskey?

Tam...I guess for now I'll just have to use Oldtimers response "I heard it alot so they must have said it."

You quote it but didn't know if they said that or not???

Tommy said:
Tam...I guess for now I'll just have to use Oldtimers response "I heard it alot so they must have said it."

You quote it but didn't know if they said that or not???

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock:

Bill said:
Bill said:
BSE testers post above:

Two Feed Suppliers in Northern Alberta are still - that is AS I WRITE THIS - providing feed with animal protein in it!!

Oldtimers post regarding this comment on Cattle Today: http://cattletoday.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19462

Bez- You need to go over to ranchers.net and talk to BSE tester (New Creekstone Proposal thread)...He's from Edmonton and claims CFIA's enforcement has been abysmal-- and that it has no teeth....He claims that two Canadian feed companies are still putting animal protein in cattle feed...

Here's a tidbit you may want to file Oldtimer it is a RUMINENT to RUMINENT feed ban.

I hope you just read it wrong and aren't lieing to the good people at Cattle Today Oldtimer. (Nahhhh you wouldn't do that! :oops: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:)
No reply to this Oldtimer? Intentionally misleading, a mistake or too much whiskey?

Bill- I responded-- sorry I didn't adress it directly to you...You and Tam both need reading and comprehension lessons.... :wink:

BSE tester
As for the two feed suppliers in Alberta - they are using protein from cattle, pigs and other animals. It is common knowledge up north and plus the fact they admitted it at more than one cattlemen's meeting held this past year. Like money, not all corporations are clean.

Now that sounds like ruminant to ruminant if they are feeding it to cattle as BSE tester says and what R-CALF has said they had evidence for court is correct....And the proof is showing up in cows born almost 2 years after the feed ban from that area of your country getting BSE....

Bill said:
Sandhusker said:
Bill said:

Your tag-line reads "Canadian beef - a cut above the rest". If you truly believe that, why do you want your product lumped with ours? That is exactly what this "North American Beef" concept does - it blurs the lines between the two countries and puts your "cut above" beef in the same bin and same label as beef from Hondouras. Is that what you want?

I have never said I was against labeling beef as Canadian as long as American beef is also labeled as American. I'll put our beef up against yours any day of the week.

Do you realize that you're siding with R-CALF on one of their major issues?

Sandhusker said:
Bill said:
Sandhusker said:

Do you realize that you're siding with R-CALF on one of their major issues?

Sandhusker, are you sure about that? I thought the COOL law required essentially that products be labeled "IMPORTED" or "DOMESTIC" . Even if the domestic beef is labeled "USA"......what happens when a consumer buys either a poor quality, or spoiled, or Listeria, E Coli or other 'bug' contaminated piece of the "USA" labeled beef? I know that happens very rarely, but believe there will be consequences even if it is caught before it gets sold because the media will report the source of the beef if they are honest, or believe it will garner more attention. BTW, I'm not saying these things to be meanspirited, but because we have to face the realities of the consequences and figure out how to deal with them.

MRJ

mj...Sandhusker, are you sure about that? I thought the COOL law required essentially that products be labeled "IMPORTED" or "DOMESTIC"

MJ I proved to you once before that the law states "Country of Origin" not just imported or domestic. You forget easily.

Quote from MCOOL law..."Any person engaged in the business of supplying a covered commodity to a retailer shall provide information to the retailer indicating the country of origin of the covered commodity."
Another quote...), a retailer of a covered commodity shall inform consumers, at the final point of sale of the covered commodity to consumers, of the country of origin of the covered commodity.

Latest posts