• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

News from Valentine

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Sandhusker-Sale in Herried a couple of weeks ago raised over $25,000, lots of donations and supporters, even some old boys no longer in the cattle business. The only problem I invision is that no matter how much is raised, it still can't compete with the really BIG money that has swayed the Buszcszcszchhh Whacker to sell out the American cattleman. Hope it can stay closed, for the safety of the American consumer attitude. The American consumer has steadfastly stood by our industry thru the BSE situation. They need congrats too.

Guest: "The only problem I invision is that no matter how much is raised, it still can't compete with the really BIG money that has swayed the Buszcszcszchhh Whacker to sell out the American cattleman."

The "AMERICAN" cattleman?

President Bush hasn't even sold out the U.S. cattlemen, he's simply smart enough to realize that we can't expect to export when we are unwillling to import and President Bush will honor our trade agreement with Canada because he can see this issue clearer than most "isolationists" can.

He's also not so ignorant as to believe the R-CALF lie that Canadian beef is contaminated when they are taking the exact same BSE precautionary measures that we have and in some areas have surpassed us.

~SH~

~SH~ said:
Guest: "The only problem I invision is that no matter how much is raised, it still can't compete with the really BIG money that has swayed the Buszcszcszchhh Whacker to sell out the American cattleman."

The "AMERICAN" cattleman?

President Bush hasn't even sold out the U.S. cattlemen, he's simply smart enough to realize that we can't expect to export when we are unwillling to import and President Bush will honor our trade agreement with Canada because he can see this issue clearer than most "isolationists" can.

He's also not so ignorant as to believe the R-CALF lie that Canadian beef is contaminated when they are taking the exact same BSE precautionary measures that we have and in some areas have surpassed us.

~SH~

Is he smart enough to realize that any country that does not want Canadian product will not take ours since we can't seem to keep beef seperated?

You can not say that Canadian beef is not contaminated to a certain degree - they have had 4 cases in their native herd. You like to get on R-CALF for their views on Canadian beef, but you ignore the fact that any country not taking Canadian beef shares the same view. As of today, that is the view of the majority.

Is it true that every time they have an auction of a calf to raise money that each time it sells, they buyer gets 1 membership for every 50.00 they spend?

If this is the case of course it's the fastest growing cattle fund. Remember it is not an association, it is a legal fund. Says so in its name.

Sandhusker: "Is he smart enough to realize that any country that does not want Canadian product will not take ours since we can't seem to keep beef seperated?"

What countries are those Sandhusker??

We can't seem to keep beef seperated because the r-calf hypocrites didn't want to be burdened with traceback, remember?

"M"ID prohibited from "M"COOL or had your forgotten?

Point the finger at your flip flopping organization.

To your claim, Korea said they were unwilling to take our product if we were unwilling to take Canada's cattle. They know are industries are not seperated and they know we had a BSE positive within our boundaries.

R-CALF's smokescreen only fools themselves.

Sandhusker: "You can not say that Canadian beef is not contaminated to a certain degree - they have had 4 cases in their native herd."

BULL ROAR! I can and will say Canadian beef is not contaminated because it's a fact. SRMs have been removed and the BSE positives eliminated from the food chain.

What does BSE positive cows born before or shortly after the feed ban, that were removed from the system, have to do with contaminated beef from UTM cattle with SRM's removed born since the feed ban????

Not a damn thing, that's what!

Go ahead, answer the question and bury yourself in the process. You couldn't defend R-CALF's "contaminated Canadian beef" lie on a bet.

That's a bold faced lie and you are a fool to repeat it.

SRM removal assures that the beef is not contaminated.

When will you ever show the integrity to think for yourself and quit following the R-CALF pied pipers?

Sandhusker: "You like to get on R-CALF for their views on Canadian beef, but you ignore the fact that any country not taking Canadian beef shares the same view. As of today, that is the view of the majority."

Another lie you cannot defend.

Japan is not taking our beef currently and we can assure Japan that no Canadian cattle are in the system. That's not their concern though is it????

If your statement was true, Japan would be concerned about Canadian cattle within our system but they're not! Why is that Sandhusker???

Simple, we had a BSE positive within our borders and they aren't buying R-CALF's Canadian blame.

How many times have you argued "just test them, just test them" acknowledging Japan's concern for the safety of OUR BEEF without Canadian cattle in the mix?

Japan's concerns for the safety of our beef doesn't have a damn thing to do with Canada despite R-CALF's lies.

It must be an R-CALF thing to forget your previous arguments huh?

~SH~

~SH~ said:
Sandhusker: "Is he smart enough to realize that any country that does not want Canadian product will not take ours since we can't seem to keep beef seperated?"

SH, "What countries are those Sandhusker??"
Any country that is not accepting Canadian beef - take your pick.

SH,"We can't seem to keep beef seperated because the r-calf hypocrites didn't want to be burdened with traceback, remember? "
I've asked you time and time again to post your information where R-CALF said that.

SH, "Point the finger at your flip flopping organization."
That's laughable. Compare current NCBA policy to policy a few years ago, or even last month.

SH, "To your claim, Korea said they were unwilling to take our product if we were unwilling to take Canada's cattle. They know are industries are not seperated and they know we had a BSE positive within our boundaries."
So you say, I've never heard that from anybody but you.

Sandhusker: "You can not say that Canadian beef is not contaminated to a certain degree - they have had 4 cases in their native herd."

SH, "BULL ROAR! I can and will say Canadian beef is not contaminated because it's a fact. SRMs have been removed and the BSE positives eliminated from the food chain. What does BSE positive cows born before or shortly after the feed ban, that were removed from the system, have to do with contaminated beef from UTM cattle with SRM's removed born since the feed ban???? Not a damn thing, that's what! Go ahead, answer the question and bury yourself in the process. You couldn't defend R-CALF's "contaminated Canadian beef" lie on a bet."

So you're saying that prions have never been found anywhere other than SRM's?

SH, "SRM removal assures that the beef is not contaminated."
According to some, others would disagree.

SH, "When will you ever show the integrity to think for yourself and quit following the R-CALF pied pipers?"
I've been a R-CALF member for a little over a month. I thought for myself and saw that they are the best bet to represent US cattlemen in this changing world. How many times have you disagreed with anything NCBA or the USDA has said?

Sandhusker: "You like to get on R-CALF for their views on Canadian beef, but you ignore the fact that any country not taking Canadian beef shares the same view. As of today, that is the view of the majority."

SH, "Another lie you cannot defend."
A lie? LMAO! Tell my why countries are not taking Canadian cattle if they don't think there are promlems with it?

SH, "Japan is not taking our beef currently and we can assure Japan that no Canadian cattle are in the system. That's not their concern though is it???? "
But I thought we had to take Canadian cattle so others would take ours? We've been taking Canadian boxed beef for over a year, why isn't Japan taking our boxed beef?

SH,"If your statement was true, Japan would be concerned about Canadian cattle within our system but they're not! Why is that Sandhusker???"
You don't remember their stance from June, 2003 until Dec, 2003? Think about that.

SH, "Simple, we had a BSE positive within our borders and they aren't buying R-CALF's Canadian blame."
If you haven't noticed, they have a zero tolerance policy towards BSE. We used to too, until the big money discovered that was a money losing policy after Canada became BSE positive. See, Japan's "sound science" hasn't changed, ours did.

"How many times have you argued "just test them, just test them" acknowledging Japan's concern for the safety of OUR BEEF without Canadian cattle in the mix?"
I don't say test them to acknowledge anything other than a customer's request.

If you show up in Vetal tonight, I'll take you into a corner and do my best to straighten you out. :lol:

~SH~

What R-Calf reminds me of is the old time vigilantes, or maybe the Ku Klux Klan. "We'll ride tonight." Or like a "wave" of football fans bouncing all over the stadium. Somewhat spirit of the mob.

I'd better not show up in Vetal tonight, or you might straighten me out. I sure don't want to make my banker mad. :)

Sandhusker; at last count Canada was exporting record amounts of quality Canadian beef to just over 40 countries! No testing needed either, just recognition of sound science. Japan seems to be playing their trading game of seeing who blinks first. Like it or not they view the North American continent as an integrated industry that must resume normal internal trade before the Japanese will even consider opening their borders! S. Korea is following their lead.
Keep up the protectionist crap until we get our new packing capacity on line and we"ll take these markets too with our traceback capabilities! :mad:

How can you take all these markets from us when you say you don't have that many cattle ? :???:

cowsense said:
Sandhusker; at last count Canada was exporting record amounts of quality Canadian beef to just over 40 countries!

cowsense- I'd like to see this list of at least 40 countries--Please post for us.........

Another protectionist Cult gathering... say OT you going to join this one too? You might as well you havent got much else to do with all that moldy $$$ of yours.... :p

oldtimer- NO BUSINESS lists their customers for the competitors! I did try to post a 30/12/04 news release from CBEF (Can. Beef Export Fed.) listing Canada as being present in 50 export markets at present but my computor keeps freezing on the Acrobat Reader. Wonderful machine when they work but can drive you to drink! While growing , our markets still have a ways to go particularly for OTM cattle. If you want you can check www.cbef.com check news releases DEC. 30,04 :!:

cowsense said:
oldtimer- NO BUSINESS lists their customers for the competitors! I did try to post a 30/12/04 news release from CBEF (Can. Beef Export Fed.) listing Canada as being present in 50 export markets at present but my computor keeps freezing on the Acrobat Reader. Wonderful machine when they work but can drive you to drink! While growing , our markets still have a ways to go particularly for OTM cattle. If you want you can check www.cbef.com check news releases DEC. 30,04 :!:

cowsense- I checked there- Not much info-- looks like an advertisement page--just like those advertisements that say they are 110% better I guess we just have to take their word that they are shipping to 50 markets.

Another thought hit my amateur psychologist brain waves during the night. People seem to feel the need to be passionate and fanatical about something in their lives. Nebraska football fans no longer have anything in that department to idolize and be fanatical about. In steps R-Calf. Perfect timing. Nebraskans are grasping at straws, and R-Calf comes out the winner. If the Nebraska football team was functioning as it did for so many years, R-Calf would just be a bump on the road to Lincoln. :)

Soapweed...What R-Calf reminds me of is the old time vigilantes, or maybe the Ku Klux Klan.

Soapweed before you made this statement I thought highly of you. But, you surely did not put much thought into what you said.
We do not ride around at night burning crosses, shooting people, or hanging them either. I grew up in the deep south and know all about the Ku Klux Klan, it was something I despised then and still do.

I suppose if you had a disagreement with one of your neighbors over something and it could not be resolved, you would just let your neighbor screw you and keep on screwing you? You wouldn't go to court to settle the disagreement, would you??

Tommy, believe it or not, I made my statement "tongue-in-cheek", and admittedly, it was not in good taste. R-Calf seems to really be on fire, in this area, at the moment. It is running rampant, like a wave of hysteria. My problem with the group, is their "tunnel vision". They have one mission in mind--keep the border closed at all costs. They are almost like a fanatical religious movement, and as always happens to fanatical movements, there will be many back-sliders.

Heck, I'll probably get hung from a wagon tongue for not being "one of them", but at this point it is fun and interesting just sitting back watching.

I do apologize for my insensitive comparison.

Sandhusker: "Any country that is not accepting Canadian beef - take your pick."

No, you name them!

Sandhusker: "I've asked you time and time again to post your information where R-CALF said that."

I've told you time and time again look no further than the fact that "M"ID was prohibited from the law and R-CALF called it a good law. R-CALF members testified repeatedly to "not wanting to be burdened with traceback" while hypocritically demanding proof of where beef was "born, raised, and slaughtered." Leo McDonnel praised the efforts of law makers to further water down the enforcement even after "M"ID was prohibited.

This is only a mystery to uninformed followers like you.

Do you actually think calling everything into question is formidable debate? If you had anything you would provide facts to what I say to the contrary. The fact that you can't proves you got nothing to support your position.

Sandhusker: "Compare current NCBA policy to policy a few years ago, or even last month."

Be specific for once. Don't just make generalizing statements with nothing to support them. That's so R-CALF of you!

On Korea refusing to take our beef if we were unwilling to take Canadian cattle.............

Sandhusker: "So you say, I've never heard that from anybody but you."

Oh, so you never heard it therefore it didn't happen. Hahaha!

DID YA THINK R-CALF WOULD TELL YOU THAT?????

You already admitted that R-CALF only tells you the half of the story that supports their bias why would you expect that to change. You don't take the initiative to find out anything on your own but rather question everything that doesn't support your bias like the follower you are.

Sandhusker: "So you're saying that prions have never been found anywhere other than SRM's"?"

No I am saying that SRM removal guarantees beef safety and you will provide nothing to the contrary. How pathetic that you would follow R-CALF's narrow minded BSE fear mongering and expect NCBA or USDA to do your damage control in the event that BSE is discovered here. This BSE fear mongering is truly R-CALF's lowest point.

If BSE is ever discovered in a domestic animal, I fully expect you to question the safety of US beef then as you question the safety of Canadian beef now.

If you don't, your a damn hypocrite!

SH (previous): "SRM removal assures that the beef is not contaminated."

Sandhusker (in response): "According to some, others would disagree."

Your facts to the contrary is........ONCE AGAIN NON EXISTANT!

Sandhusker: "How many times have you disagreed with anything NCBA or the USDA has said?"

Many! I disagree with them when they supported "M"COOL and they finally saw the law for the joke it is. Second I disagreed with NCBA on not allowing the USDA inspection stamp for Canadian beef. To not show that Canadian imports is inspected by USDA is deceptive and politically motivated. USDA inspected means USDA inspected, PERIOD!

Sandhusker (previous): "You like to get on R-CALF for their views on Canadian beef, but you ignore the fact that any country not taking Canadian beef shares the same view. As of today, that is the view of the majority."

SH (in response): "Another lie you cannot defend."

Sandhusker (in response): "A lie? LMAO! Tell my why countries are not taking Canadian cattle if they don't think there are promlems with it?"

You said "that is the view of the majority". That is the lie you cannot defend! Nice divertion tactic. Must have attended the R-CALF divert, denyl, discredit, deceive debate school huh?

Again, name the countries Sandhusker to support your ("view of the majority" position). You won't because you can't!

You're treed again!

SH: "Japan is not taking our beef currently and we can assure Japan that no Canadian cattle are in the system. That's not their concern though is it???? "

Sandhusker (in response): "But I thought we had to take Canadian cattle so others would take ours?"

That was Korea's concern!

Sandhusker (in response): "We've been taking Canadian boxed beef for over a year, why isn't Japan taking our boxed beef?"

Because we had BSE within our borders. DUH!

Sandhusker: "You don't remember their stance from June, 2003 until Dec, 2003? Think about that."

State your case rather than pretending you have one.

Sandhusker: "If you haven't noticed, they have a zero tolerance policy towards BSE."

Sandhusker: "See, Japan's "sound science" hasn't changed, ours did."

I suppose that would explain the change in their position from 100% BSE testing to age verification huh?

Treed again!

~SH~

Soapweed...They have one mission in mind--keep the border closed at all costs. They are almost like a fanatical religious movement, and as always happens to fanatical movements, there will be many back-sliders.

Heck, I'll probably get hung from a wagon tongue for not being "one of them", but at this point it is fun and interesting just sitting back watching.

I do apologize for my insensitive comparison.

Apology accepted. I could not tell that it was "tongue in cheek".

Do you agree with the NCBA's 11 conditions they came up with before trade is resumed with Canada? If so they are things that R-CALF are trying to get also. Along with labeling everything "North American Beef".

Tommy: "Do you agree with the NCBA's 11 conditions they came up with before trade is resumed with Canada? If so they are things that R-CALF are trying to get also."

R-CALF wants no Canadian imports, period!

NCBA's position is not the same! NCBA's concern is with OTM cattle.

R-CALF stands alone with their lies about the safety of all Canadian beef.

~SH~

Latest posts