• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Northern Rancher's Branding

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Northern Rancher

Reaction score
P1011422.jpg

Well we got just about eveythging branded up today-just the 'sin pasture' left to do. Here's probably the best pair of cowboys I've ever had the pleasure of riding with. The guy swinging the big loop and I got in a fight in Grade Five that the teachers still talk about-we went toe to toe the whole noon hour lol. Fun stuff-been freiends all our lives and coach hockey together.

P1011444.jpg

Mrs. Northern Rancher and my buddies oldest boy-he's probably going to end up playing college hockey down east-too bad he's a great young guy and a heck of a cowboy.

P1011490.jpg

Not everybody who rides an appy will lift your scalp-well maybe in his younger days lol. I used to guide for his Dad and we've shot out the lights in a few bars in Buffalo, Wyoming together-fun guy to travel with.

P1011491.jpg

Another good young cowboy/hockey player-I've coached this young guy for years never seen him take a shift off yet-he ropes better than I do so I'll probably have to bench him lol.

P1011553.jpg

Ty dragging out one on old 'Flash' she's 16 and has been raising colts last several years-we haven't heeled calves on her for a long time but she seemed to remember the routine.

P1011551.jpg

Angus is thinking 'Why did I make that last trip to the prairie oyster bar' lol. Little guy had a tough 24 hours-he decided he was going to kick some bluetick butt about midnight last night-Ty had to go out and get Ruby to let go of him she was packing him around by his head. For a little dog who is getting over a pelvis that was broke in six places he sure doesn't know fear.

Nice branding pictures, Northern Rancher. Looks like the weather cooperated beautifully. Glad it was a successful day for all of you. Thanks for posting the photos.

Faster horses said:
Great pictures, and looks like great young fellas to have around.
I see bosals are popular in your country.

Mrs. NR looks way too nice to put up with you. :wink: :p :nod:

Yeah I noticed that too. I see the one guy has his bridle horse in the two rein. Are these guys from AB :lol: ? I thought they were all farmers in SK<Smileing when I said it so dont get mad :wink: >
Nice pics :D

Any wrinkles that lady has is from the smiles her husband gives her lol- all I can say is I know how to pick them. All the cowboys are in Saskatchewan Roper I thought you knew that-I thought everybody in Alberta just watched oil wells and complained about tourists lol. Everybody at that branding is a 3rd or 4th generation Meadow Lake swamp rancher lol.

/Thanks for the great pictures! Nice horses :) Hope you had a great day-looks as if you did. have a good one.

I want that Appy!!!!

I've always owned an Appy....and I always tried to get the loudest colored up ones I could get!!!

One beeeeautiful horse!!!!!

That's a pretty mighty pony-you can't pull an ounce off him no matter how hard you use him. Those guys run around 500 cows in pretty rough country-they always ride horses that you wonder what collar size their momma took.

No conceit in yourr family lol. Ohh by the way the Major League calf I put a pic off on here ended up getting picked for Sara's 4H steer lol. I'll try and get pics of the other four the kids decided on.

Latest posts