• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Not a Good day

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Tam

Reaction score
We had a bad day today BMR was suppose to be getting ready for the vet to come and preg test his heifers tomorrow but he missed out on that. Thank goodness for kids that could pick up the slack and get the work done for their dad. As for BMR, He didn't sleep well and was up early thinking he had a bit of indigestion. He took some tums and thought he would go get a load of hay before he had to go round up the heifers. Before his truck was warmed up his plans changed. He came back to the house laid down for a bit and got up with horrible chest and back pains. He woke me up and asked if I would take him to the hospital. He took a couple baby asprin and we were off. I got him to Radville 60 miles away and they started treating him for a heartattack. My prayers were answered when the blood work came back negitive for Heart problems. Then they decided to put him on morphine for the pain and sent him by ambulance to Regina, where they were to do a C Scan but opted for an utlrasound instead. They found he had a large gallstone. After a long pain filled day waiting to find out what was wrong with him the Doctor came in and said he was being admitted for surgery. He is spending the night in Hospital and is suppose to have surgery sometime tomorrow. God willing and no complications he should be home soon.

ouch - those hurt like a bugger! He'll have some fancy little bandaids - at least our daughter did. They don't actually open you up anymore. So ~ Big Muddy will be back to work before he knows it!

Best wishes to him for a quick recovery. If he had laparoscopic surgery there should be little aftereffects! Bin there for hernia repair and my wife had her gall bladder out that way. Had her out throwing bales the next day.

Well it was all true until the throwing bales part... :wink:

Anyway, heal up soon there chappie!

Yikes, a trip to Regina laying down in the back of a 1 ton dually. If the ailment wasn't bad enough that would surely be punishment. We're thinking about you BMR and Tam. Some guys will do anything to get out of a little work. :wink: I hope someone thought to shut the idling truck off.

per said:
Yikes, a trip to Regina laying down in the back of a 1 ton dually. If the ailment wasn't bad enough that would surely be punishment. We're thinking about you BMR and Tam. Some guys will do anything to get out of a little work. :wink: I hope someone thought to shut the idling truck off.

When my uncle had a heart attack, they put him in the ambulance for a 200 mile trip to the hospital in Kansas City. When they got to KC, the ambulance driver got lost! My uncle by then had decided that the heart attack wasn't going to kill him, but the ambulance ride probably would! Luckily, the driver found the hospital and all was well. When my mom needed to go to the hospital in Lincoln, she went in the back seat of my Deville and didn't mind the ride at all, even though she thought her son was in too big of a hurry. :wink:

Get well, BMR!

best wishes for quick and speedy recovery BMR. you probably got to a Dr. faster than we could get through the wait line or the traffic for that matter :wink: :wink:

Sorry to hear about the pain, but glad it wasn't a heart attack.
I've had a couple gall bladder attacks and that was the worst
pain I ever had.
You'll be back giving us heck here, real soon.

Hope you enjoy the humorous comments posted here.
I know I did. :D :D :D

Some guys will go to any length to get out of hay hauling, Lane should be about done before Big Muddy heals up. :D

Glad the problem wasn't more serious.

Get Well Soon.

Big Muddy said the pain wasn't to bad when he left Radville thanks to the morphine but by the time he got to Regina over our Sask Highways the trip had made it alot worse. Another dose of Morphine and he was able to rest a bit while he waited to see what they were going to do.

When the Doctor came in he told us it would be laparoscopic surgery but if the gall bladder was to inflamed then he would have to open him up so not to chance any complications. I'm praying he will use the Camera and be done but when it comes to Big Muddy all bets are off. He seems to always need that little extra to get him patched back up.

But I do have to tell you I'm pretty sure they could not have found a bigger guy to do the surgery. :shock: I hope he is as good as he is big. :wink: If Big Muddy was standing upright he would have had to look up to see eye to eye with him. He even told the doctor he could do the surgery any way he had to as he would not be arm wrestling with him over it. :) Well got a long day ahead with the vets coming and having to hopefully bring Big Muddy home so better get at er. All of you stay safe.

hayguy said:
best wishes for quick and speedy recovery BMR. you probably got to a Dr. faster than we could get through the wait line or the traffic for that matter :wink: :wink:

He made it to Regina in good time considering the roads, as he had a good woman ambulance driver. :wink: And before any of you guys say it NO she wasn't driving like she was going to a sale at the mall she took the corners on all four tires and got him there safely. :p They were the ones I felt bad for as the two Ambulance ladies had to sit around the hospital waiting to find out what they were doing with Big Muddy also. They said they couldn't leave until they knew for sure he was being admitted or sent back to Radville with them and we didn't find out until about 5:30 ourselves. Alot of down time for them and the Ambulance.

per said:

Gee I was wonder what that noise was thanks I'll go right out and shut it off.

No wait I remember now while I was gasing the truck up Big Muddy went out to turn his Semi off. I just wasted a trip out to the truck thanks to you. :wink: :lol:

Oh my Gosh... That's damn tough luck!! But I am glad it's not a heart attack! Tam tell bit muddy that I hope he's not going commando with those nurses!!! Or something to that fact... :D :D :roll: :D

Yep-- I'm hoping for the best for Big Muddy!!

I had the same thing happen about a month ago with the pains...Even got weak and dizzy-so wife hauled me to E/R...But after the tests the Doc's said it wasn't a heart attack.. Did a treadmill and scans and everything looked good...Doc said he thought it was just a combination of anxiety/caffeine working on my stomach- and "gurge"/heartburn...
Felt great since!!

Well the cattle work got done today and 140 bred heifers were trailed back to the pasture at Lane's.

As for Big Muddy all I will say since this is Coffee Shop is No surgery today and still don't know when it will be. :x

Faster horses said:
Good grief, what are they wating for? :x

I was told by the nurse that he is on a after hours list which means he will get surgery between 4 and 12 midnight some day this week. It could be tomorrow could be 3 days from now, she could not tell me when as that is just the system. Her words not mine.

I did talk to him tonight to let him know how things went here and he told me the doctor does not want him to leave the hospital until the gall badder is out. And he will get some sleep tonight pain permitting as he did get a supper of beef broth and tea so no late night surgery for him tonight. :wink: I'm praying he will get it tomorrow so I can go get him Weds. morning. and get him back on solid foods.

Latest posts