• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Oldtimer

Help Support Ranchers.net:

frasercattleco said:
To whom it may concern:

Please take it easy on my kid "southdevon" he is only 11, and he can get pretty rowdy, I have read some of his comments. You all have a responsibility as representing Canadian Cattlemen and Cattlewomen, by getting so vile you aren't doing an exempilary job. Thankyou.

Fraser,

If he can get rowdy like an adult, why shouldn't he be treated like one?

As for your comments regarding Canadian Cattlemen and women, you're very very far off. Don't tell me that I'm not doing a good job of representing Canada or the US. It is my responsibility to have my own opinion and carry out my freedom of speech.

How dare you tell us that we're not representing and making a good job of it. You know nothing. What about your son, is he representing the next generation of American ranchers? If so, I think he needs to cut it down a notch and not be so cocky! He wasn't doing such a good job of it the last couple of nights shooting his pimple faced mouth off.

Right back at you! Hope you can see things from our point now.

Us Gal~

USgal-In-Manitoba said:
frasercattleco said:
To whom it may concern:

Please take it easy on my kid "southdevon" he is only 11, and he can get pretty rowdy, I have read some of his comments. You all have a responsibility as representing Canadian Cattlemen and Cattlewomen, by getting so vile you aren't doing an exempilary job. Thankyou.

Fraser,

If he can get rowdy like an adult, why shouldn't he be treated like one?

As for your comments regarding Canadian Cattlemen and women, you're very very far off. Don't tell me that I'm not doing a good job of representing Canada or the US. It is my responsibility to have my own opinion and carry out my freedom of speech.

How dare you tell us that we're not representing and making a good job of it. You know nothing. What about your son, is he representing the next generation of American ranchers? If so, I think he needs to cut it down a notch and not be so cocky! He wasn't doing such a good job of it the last couple of nights shooting his pimple faced mouth off.

Right back at you! Hope you can see things from our point now.

Us Gal~

I can see your point but I can also see my point..

The disease point of this is all B.S. you know it and so do I.

You are trying to protect your interest as are we many U.S.A. ranchers know that this is about protecting ourselves some times its not nice but its the only way.

Answer this truthfully if the roles were reversed which side would you be on then.

Trying to protect your prices and livelyhood or shareing of the cash.

The fact is your cattle industry was formed on the shirt tails of US ranchers.And if we have to live hand to mouth to insure you are still ranching next year I say more power to keeping the border closed.
I sure do get sick of all you canadians blameing us for your problems then you still want our cash.

You can take nafta and shove it up your a$$.

I never agreed with that crock from the start so why should I care if we dont honor it.Because we gave you OUR word on it.Well someone gave there word on it but it wasnt ME.

You all keep talking about all the ranchers going broke well boooo hooooooo.How many have went broke down here due to these "FREE TRADE AGREEMENTS"

Not all will survive if you cant make it theres always a Ranch For Sale south of the Border or you could get a job in town like most all of us in the U.S.A.

You can use this be nice to your neighbor bull your not my neighbors and I could give a rip if you have to sell out tommorrow as you dont care if it happens to me so DONT try to play like you would be concerned......

Denny Blowers: "You all keep talking about all the ranchers going broke well boooo hooooooo.How many have went broke down here due to these "FREE TRADE AGREEMENTS"

Oh bullcrap!

1. Prior to BSE closing the borders we were in a $1.3 "BILLION" dollar trade surplus position in the beef industry.

2. When R-CULT was filing a dumping case against Canada, Mexico was filing a dumping case against the U.S.

3. The cheap lean trimmings we import from Austalia and New Zealand ADD VALUE TO our surplus 50/50 trim.

4. When beef prices get too high consumers switch to poultry and pork which has nothing to do with Canadian imports.

R-CULT DIDN'T TELL YOU THAT DID THEY?????

~SH~

~SH~ said:
Denny Blowers: "You all keep talking about all the ranchers going broke well boooo hooooooo.How many have went broke down here due to these "FREE TRADE AGREEMENTS"

Oh bullcrap!

1. Prior to BSE closing the borders we were in a $1.3 "BILLION" dollar trade surplus position in the beef industry.

2. When R-CULT was filing a dumping case against Canada, Mexico was filing a dumping case against the U.S.

3. The cheap lean trimmings we import from Austalia and New Zealand ADD VALUE TO our surplus 50/50 trim.

4. When beef prices get too high consumers switch to poultry and pork which has nothing to do with Canadian imports.

R-CULT DIDN'T TELL YOU THAT DID THEY?????

~SH~

I dont belong to R-CALF you are still spouting the same **** day in and day out why dont you go slam your head in a car door.

You are so lonely for friends you feel the need to buddy up with who ever will nod to your bullshit.

I get tired of you and your canadian countrymen blameing R-CALF and any US rancher that doesnt agree with you or all the FREE TRADE.

When we import live cattle then we create more 50/50 trim so then we need to import MORE lean boner meat to blend with it.So lets see 1st we import the 50/50 trim then we import the lean to get rid of the imported trim sounds like you have all the answers.Then we have to much so we need to export but not before we can let the packers hump the producers.........

If we wernt importing boxed beef how much do you think cattle prices would be then might help offset $2.00 a gallon Diesel $300.00 a ton fertilizer even at a 1.25 per Lb. were not getting rich.

You have stated before that you dont ranch because it doesnt pencil out and why doesnt it pencil not enough profit how is importing cheap beef going to strenghten my bottom line I would like to know from the self proclaimed expert such as you.

Blowers: "I dont belong to R-CALF you are still spouting the same s*** day in and day out why dont you go slam your head in a car door."

Why slam my head in a car door, so you can relate better?

You NAFTA blamers keep spouting the same s*** day in and day out and you don't have a clue what you are even talking about. You just want to bitch.

Blowers: "You are so lonely for friends you feel the need to buddy up with who ever will nod to your BS."

ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Yeh and I see you just tearing the place apart with facts to support your position in contrast to what I have presented. You bet!

Blowers: "I get tired of you and your canadian countrymen blameing R-CALF and any US rancher that doesnt agree with you or all the FREE TRADE."

I get tired of R-CULT head nodders, whining import blamers and packer victims that don't know what the hell they are talking about too so I guess we each have something we don't care for huh?

Blowers: "When we import live cattle then we create more 50/50 trim so then we need to import MORE lean boner meat to blend with it.So lets see 1st we import the 50/50 trim then we import the lean to get rid of the imported trim sounds like you have all the answers."

The Canadian imports are 10% of our 50/50 trim problems.

Try again!

Blowers: "Then we have to much so we need to export but not before we can let the packers hump the producers......... "

"Bwame da packah"!!

How dare the large packers make their whopping $3.88 per head profit for a 9 year average. THE NERVE OF THEM FOR RAPING US LIKE THAT!!!!

I think I'll call Oprah! POOR ME!

Blowers: "If we wernt importing boxed beef how much do you think cattle prices would be then might help offset $2.00 a gallon Diesel $300.00 a ton fertilizer even at a 1.25 per Lb. were not getting rich."

Why don't you answer your own question???

Tell me what you think prices would be if we weren't importing Canadian boxed beef.

If we were exporting beef, you would be getting more for your cattle than Canadian imports are taking away.

Blowers: "You have stated before that you dont ranch because it doesnt pencil out and why doesnt it pencil not enough profit how is importing cheap beef going to strenghten my bottom line I would like to know from the self proclaimed expert such as you."

I stated that I didn't ranch full time because I didn't have the opportunity to ranch in a manner that would provide a decent enough living at the time even under the best of circumstances. I chose a better investment opportunity at that time and it paid off.

None of which is really any of your business.

"PENCIL OUT" is a relative term!

Whether or not ranching pencils out for one person and not another has to consider many variables. If you knew anything you should at least know that.

How much land, livestock, and machinery was inheritted to borrow against? How much is grass leasing for in the area? How much is land selling for in the area at a given time? What was the cattle markets in the years starting out? What were the interest rates at the time? What are the expansion opportunities to reduce overhead costs? What was the weather like?

ALL RELATIVE FACTORS TO "PENCILLING OUT"!

Whether or not one person's situation pencils out is hardly comparable to someone elses without knowing those circumstances.

Not too hard to pencil out ranching if you inherit the land, livestock, and machinery.

Had I chose to ranch full time, I would have made it pencil out eventually due to my understanding of this industry but I chose a better investment.

I consistantly made $75 per head more by retaining ownership than I would selling for an average price in the sale barn. I AI'd and peformance tested since the early 80s. I reduced my feed costs and increased my pounds weaned per cow exposed.

How does importing cheap beef strengthen your bottom line, by adding value to your worthless 50/50 trim from your y3 overfat carcasses. I already told you that.

Never claimed to be an expert but I sure have enough experience to recognize who's not. The successful ranchers are seldom found sitting in the sale barn cafes bitching about packer concentration, captive supplies, imports, USDA, and NCBA.

~SH~

Hat: "I could show you 50 ranches on one sale day to prove you wrong."

What does that have to do with 50 ranchers in the sale barn cafe bitching about captive supplies, imports, packer concentration, NCBA, and USDA.

That was the issue.

Nice spin job!

Hat: "If good ranches don't support R-Calf then why are they all donating money?"

Who said "good ranches are not supporting R-CALF". Do you just make sh*t up as you go???

Some ranches support R-CULT and some don't.

I know quite a few ranches that have seen through their bullsh*t and understand the consequences of lying about the safety of Canadian beef when our precautionary measures are exactly the same as Canada's if not less stringent.

They are not all donating money! That is not true!

Hat: "Maybe because they want to keep rural America viable, but I suppose you don't care, the less people, the more coyotes, that's what butters your bread isn't it?"

They do what they "BELIEVE" is right even if it's not. When you lie about the safety of Canadian beef to keep the border closed, you are loading a gun and pointing it towards your head when the BSE precationary measures of both countries are the same.

Less people more coyotes. What a stupid statement! My only motive is the truth and you obviously can't handle the truth because you have been brainwashed by your sale barn owner for so long you can't even think straight.

If you want to debate me on the safety of Canadian beef, bring it.

These divertion tactics and your feeble attempt to discredit me are boring me.

What's your full name since you think it's such a mystery who I am.

Scott Huber
Kadoka, SD

As if everyone didn't already know.

~SH~

I know quite a few ranches that have seen through their bullsh*t and understand the consequences of lying about the safety of Canadian beef when our precautionary measures are exactly the same as Canada's if not less stringent

So SH is NCBA a liar?

is NCBA a liar?

yeah especially since they started getting closer to the r-calf line. saying the same crap doesn't mean it's right just that people like to hear it. i've got a couple of kids who don't always like the truth either.

Latest posts