• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Plumber Joe

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mrs.Greg said:
TexasBred said:
don said:
yes, i have. a son about the same age as some of the soldiers in iraq and afghanistan right now. cause of death - couldn't be determined by the coroner. i can't speak for any of the families who have lost children in the wars but i do know some of the things they are feeling and i can say one of the things i wouldn't feel is pride. that's all i've got to say except that i don't think fminus should be making suggestions unless he is qualified to at least feel real empathy.

You're saying you wouldn't be proud that your son died doing the one think that he wanted to do when he joined the military???? (They're 100% volunteers) Damn you sound like Cindy Sheehan. (Wonder if she ever put a marker on her son's grave)

I'd rather lose a son or daughter fighing for my country than have one with "cause of death unknown"..
When you asked don the Have You question...I knew what his answer was. I figured,TB will be fast tracking back. Nope instead your post got pretty mean :?

THE biggest hurt one will ever face in their life is the loss of a child{doesn't matter the age or if like Kolas a child of their heart}it really doesn't matter how that loss came about.
don wasn't putting down the soldiers he was stating an true statement to the feelings one has when loss occurs.

In reality NONE of us like seeing a soldier come home flag covered,doesn't matter what side of a party one supports.

As for Aplus....he does alot of talking the talk..... :roll: :roll:

MsGreg...so sorry you feel that way. He spoke as one who "knew the feeling of losing a child" so I asked him if he really did....By the way, next time your in Texas, come by and I'll take you out to St. Mary's cemetery and show you my sons grave.

TexasBred said:
Mrs.Greg said:
TexasBred said:
You're saying you wouldn't be proud that your son died doing the one think that he wanted to do when he joined the military???? (They're 100% volunteers) Damn you sound like Cindy Sheehan. (Wonder if she ever put a marker on her son's grave)

I'd rather lose a son or daughter fighing for my country than have one with "cause of death unknown"..
When you asked don the Have You question...I knew what his answer was. I figured,TB will be fast tracking back. Nope instead your post got pretty mean :?

THE biggest hurt one will ever face in their life is the loss of a child{doesn't matter the age or if like Kolas a child of their heart}it really doesn't matter how that loss came about.
don wasn't putting down the soldiers he was stating an true statement to the feelings one has when loss occurs.

In reality NONE of us like seeing a soldier come home flag covered,doesn't matter what side of a party one supports.

As for Aplus....he does alot of talking the talk..... :roll: :roll:

MsGreg...so sorry you feel that way. He spoke as one who "knew the feeling of losing a child" so I asked him if he really did....By the way, next time your in Texas, come by and I'll take you out to St. Mary's cemetery and show you my sons grave.
Well TB...for the loss of your son I'm very sorry,like I said THE hardest thing anybody will ever face in their lives.That being said you would think you would have more sympathy for don then you did seens you've both faced that....your last sentence WAS mean you know.....

Sympathy?? Hardly...The loss of a son or daughter is horrible and he certainly has my condolences and best wishes for ever, but I don't think he wants anyone's sympathy. If I hurt his feelings...he's a big boy..he'll get over it.

Does no one here understand that parents, well anyone, can feel BOTH pride AND grief and the pain of loss at the death of ANY person they love dearly?

Death of a sibling, parent, or 'significant other' can be equally, or maybe MORE painful, depending possibly on whether or not there are other very close relationships in ones' life.

And here's another vote that OT uses his personal politics AND arrogance in deciding to delete things with which he does not agree.......is that any big surprise to anyone who has read his stuff more than once????

mrj

Well I don't think that at this site we have anyone who can say they aren't biased-imagine that on a political site. But OT, who I have never met, seems to me to be doing a reasonably good job. I'll say this, he has taken some pretty harsh hits himself and has reacted with more self restraint than many here if in his position, myself included.

For one second would you all just stop and look at what your doing....People all grieve differently...There is no proper way to grieve....Jusst because you TB feel there is a certain way for all to grieve.,it is unfair of you to feel another feels that same way....It is only our bussiness to console eachother,not judge eachother when a loved one is lost...Death is not the end of life for the living,so let each deal with it the best way they can...a hug is much more comforting then a pointed finger..

mrj said:
And here's another vote that OT uses his personal politics AND arrogance in deciding to delete things with which he does not agree.......is that any big surprise to anyone who has read his stuff more than once????

mrj

Well Sweetie- if you think you can do better- Have at it..But as you yourself said many times-- you don't have time to even keep up with what is happening in the real world :???: :roll:

I have been criticized for- and one person even left the site blaming me for not catching a PERSONAL FAMILY ATTACK soon enough- Katrina..Even tho I caught the late night post in the morning :roll:

It kind of reminds me of law enforcement- and being a judge-- you're damned if you do- and your damned if you don't... You'll never please everyone....

I've let almost everything go- and some things that I even let go- Macon and other moderators edited or deleted- or somebody did :???: ...

And I and my family have been attacked personally every which way you can- sometimes by just the "yap dogs" that post nothing but personnel attacks--but over many years I've developed big shoulders and thick skin... And whats sad is its mostly by the those that support the reason I'm having trouble supporting this new right wing radical Republicanism--that believe if you have no message- attack the messenger- and do it as nasty as you possibly can.... :( :( Try to stymie one of the most valued freedoms we have in this country - free speach- by intimidation...

One thing I forgot to mention about the moderating - and should have - is that nobody is all bad, just like nobody is all good. I've agreed with a lot more of Oldtimer's moderating than I've disagreed with - and I should have pointed that out instead of just criticizing. That trash from .Frankie was disgusting filth that should have been deleted. And he's taken care of a lot of other trash, too.

But there's another post that always comes to mind when I think of Oldtimer's moderating - some of you newcomers and people that just post in Political Bull might not have seen it. I think it's only fair to point it out since I mentioned the moderating that I don't agree with.

This was a first class post:

http://ranchers.net/forum/post-264611.html#264611

nonothing said:
For one second would you all just stop and look at what your doing....People all grieve differently...There is no proper way to grieve....Jusst because you TB feel there is a certain way for all to grieve.,it is unfair of you to feel another feels that same way....It is only our bussiness to console eachother,not judge eachother when a loved one is lost...Death is not the end of life for the living,so let each deal with it the best way they can...a hug is much more comforting then a pointed finger..

NN...go back and read my post. Did I question how anyone grieved? I was condemned by Mrs.G for asking a question...latter I replied that I did not feel like anybody (Don) was looking for sympathy..just condolences and understanding. NO ONE knows how another feels when they lose someone they love. Every death like every birth is a "first time occurance". It's not just boring repetition. No two are the same..You have different being involved and all "feel" differently. I offered by condolences to Don and left it at that. But since my son did die, I find great "pride" in knowing that he died doing what he loved best and that was being a defender of freedom for the best country and people this world has ever known....The United States of America.

Oldtimer said:
mrj said:

mrj

Well Sweetie- if you think you can do better- Have at it..But as you yourself said many times-- you don't have time to even keep up with what is happening in the real world :???: :roll:

I have been criticized for- and one person even left the site blaming me for not catching a PERSONAL FAMILY ATTACK soon enough- Katrina..Even tho I caught the late night post in the morning :roll:

It kind of reminds me of law enforcement- and being a judge-- you're damned if you do- and your damned if you don't... You'll never please everyone....

I've let almost everything go- and some things that I even let go- Macon and other moderators edited or deleted- or somebody did :???: ...

And I and my family have been attacked personally every which way you can- sometimes by just the "yap dogs" that post nothing but personnel attacks--but over many years I've developed big shoulders and thick skin... And whats sad is its mostly by the those that support the reason I'm having trouble supporting this new right wing radical Republicanism--that believe if you have no message- attack the messenger- and do it as nasty as you possibly can.... :( :( Try to stymie one of the most valued freedoms we have in this country - free speach- by intimidation...

OT, I appreciate the way you moderate in all the other boards. Thank You for your time and effort as I am the recipient of you sticking up for me and correcting the WHSH debacle. That being said....perhaps removing yourself from Moderator of PB is a thought/suggestion? I honestly think that your beliefs/feelings against the Repbulicans/conservatives are keeping you from being impartial and unbiased, and that folks is my 2 cents on the matter! 8) 8)

I totally agree that OT will NOT 'play fair' in monitoring political comment and probably not other things either.

Rather frequently he has trashed me, personally, for stating my opinions on cattle industry issues when (most of the time) they are not the same as his.

mrj

:? OMG..... :?

Just truthfully HOW many posts has OT deleted!

Frig when I was stupid enough to post in Bull....OT and I NEVER EVER agreed...got quite heated as a matter of fact....NEVER once did he delete one of my posts!!!!

I noticed he had deleted frankies,but unless one was reading some of those posts before they were deleted I really don't believe anyone would complain about that garbage being deleted.

Its getting a little hot in here because the election is getting close....seems to me its anybodys presidency. Since when is political ONLY for one side of the political arguement????? THAT seems to be the issue with OT...he has a belief and stands by it....just cause we don't agree with it,should he be asked to not be moderator. I think overall hes done a top notch job in that department,and IMO...prob could have deleted a few more then he did.... :?

Now mrj NOBODY,and I mean NOBODY makes you a victim....you' seem to handle yourself pretty well and can antagonise the "boys" in Bull better then anyone I know.You give much better then you take....IMHO

Sighhhhhhhhhhhhh :roll: :roll:

i think ot does a fine job...just curious is there an independent candidate running for president...from a outsiders point of view neither a repub or the democrat deserve to be president...especially after 20 years of the clinton and bush...what were you guys thinking :shock:

Mrs. G., while I don't claim to be a victim, it's very annoying to be called names because my opinion of view on issues is different than some else, or when showing the facts which differ from anothers' version all too often.

My goal certainly is not to "antagonise", but to stand up for my views or to correct false statements made by others when the facts are available to do so.

mrj

A moderator shouldn't take either side in any argument period. His only bias should be towards keeping rules of the board intact.

We all know that OT is a biased liberal whacko with an agenda to create controversy.

mrj said:
, it's very annoying to be called names because my opinion of view on issues is different than some else, or when showing the facts which differ from anothers' version all too often.

Are you new to Ranchers or are you just trying to be funny????

As NN tells AHole....' grow a pair' :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Could be if every one in Ohio had good paying jobs and money from where ever it came from, then Joe would have more customers to plumb for and charge a plumbers high rates. Most rich people are as tight as Dick's hatband and will try to screw you out of your wages and beat you down to the point that you do not make anything on the job. May not be that way every where but it happens to me. I would think that Joe would be better of under Obama than McCain.

k, not sure how long I've been on here, but was long before Macon purchased ranchersnet, and 'officially' on the current one since Feb., 05, since you seem to care.

However, my use of word "annoying" was hasty. More accurately, people who try to force me, or anyone else to either adopt their opinion, view, or point by bullying, calling names, and any of the other little 'games' some like to play is useless.

mrj

kolanuraven said:
mrj said:
, it's very annoying to be called names because my opinion of view on issues is different than some else, or when showing the facts which differ from anothers' version all too often.

Are you new to Ranchers or are you just trying to be funny????

As NN tells AHole....' grow a pair' :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Appears like mrj has been here longer than you have ,

Latest posts