• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Presidents Religion-POLL

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Would a presidential candidate's religion affect your vote?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States.

as far as the Constitution, there is no religious test.. and that is fair and appropriate..

I take character, the person's policies and actions as a guide in who I vote for. If a person can't support and live by his faith,.. then he really doesn't have much character in my opinion..

I voted for Romney in the 08 primaries.. and in the general election in 2014

I don't think McCain had good character,.. I don't think he was a good candidate either..

and IF I believed Obama, I would have felt he had a good character.. and was a very decent man..

but there was already evidence in 08 that Obama was a scumbag politician.

so I voted for Palin.. . :lol:

OT proclaimed Bush as an honest and trustworthy man. Then he got duped by the press & media. :lol:

Oldtimer said:
But I would fight anyone to protect their right to run or hold the office if elected- as guaranteed under the Constitution...

Like you'd fight for any American citizen's right to due process?

The Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments to the United States Constitution each contain a Due Process Clause. Due process deals with the administration of justice and thus the Due Process Clause acts as a safeguard from arbitrary denial of life, liberty, or property by the Government outside the sanction of law.[17] The Supreme Court of the United States interprets the Clauses as providing four protections: procedural due process (in civil and criminal proceedings), substantive due process, a prohibition against vague laws, and as the vehicle for the incorporation of the Bill of Rights.

Now who was it here talking about following the constitution only as long as it fit their needs?? :???: :???: :???:

Oldtimer said:
Larrry said:
ot so you claim obama is a christian

Your only evidence is "he said he was"

Gotcha

We all know how reliable his word is

ot=fail

Larrry - Are you a Christian? How can you prove it?

Now thats quite the dodge to whether obama is. Whether I am or not isn't the question in this debate, obama is

"I remain a reluctant skeptic, doubtful of my own motives, wary of expedient conversion, having too many quarrels with God to accept a salvation too easily won," he wrote in his book, "Dreams From My Father."

Only problem with that quote is that he didn't write it since he obviously didn't write the books he claims to have written.

And this we knew long before he was elected president the first time. Did it sound alarm bells with those of us who believe that if a man who would be president would lie to the American people about writing books, that he'd lie about many other things? Of course it did. But we also had taken the time to examine the candidates carefully, read both the pros and cons about each, learned as much as we could about their histories, and made the right decision for the future of the country.

Then there were the chumps like the fat man.

Oldtimer said:
hypocritexposer said:
OT, please provide whatever evidence you can...that Barry is a Christian?

You no doubt have a long list, seeing as you are willing to claim that he is.

He proclaims himself to be a Christian-says he found Christ- was married in the Trinity United Church of Christ to a lady that proclaims to be a Christian- attends Christian Church's-- so I will accept him as a Christian...

Moreover he seems to be living a Christian life- married only once (better than Rush, McCain, or several on this site can say, I'll bet), often speaks of/demonstrates Jesus/Christian teachings of compassion, forgiveness, charity, and that we are all brothers (white man, red man, black man)...

Enough for me...

How do you all prove you are Christians?

Hypocrit- does planting your arse in the front pew every Sunday make you or anyone else a good Christian ? A Holier than Thou ? :???:

I slept in the garage last nite.

I am now a car.

rrrrrmmm.........

Larrry said:
Oldtimer said:
Larrry said:

Gotcha

ot=fail

Now thats quite the dodge to whether obama is. Whether I am or not isn't the question in this debate, obama is

aw hell little larry---lets make it bout you. is you a david letterman lookalike? or did you just find the desk? you look like a dork. lets debate that. prove you is not. or is. pick a side. prove it.

Whitewing said:
"I remain a reluctant skeptic, doubtful of my own motives, wary of expedient conversion, having too many quarrels with God to accept a salvation too easily won," he wrote in his book, "Dreams From My Father."

Only problem with that quote is that he didn't write it since he obviously didn't write the books he claims to have written.

And this we knew long before he was elected president the first time. Did it sound alarm bells with those of us who believe that if a man who would be president would lie to the American people about writing books, that he'd lie about many other things? Of course it did. But we also had taken the time to examine the candidates carefully, read both the pros and cons about each, learned as much as we could about their histories, and made the right decision for the future of the country.

Then there were the chumps like the fat man.

whitey, bush wrote a book but colored so much outside the lines they couldn't sell it.

Butt---lets git to the portant stuff: loopy is stinkin up the whole storage yard---I got hippo set up to ride down there with a load of hogs and mikey's sendin out some bibs he grew outa and some sheets with just a couple holes cut in 'em====let's git the ol' tard G.I.'d, ok, pard?

I don't deal in hogs...

...but next time you are in Calgary, give me a call, we'll chew the fat.

You claim to visit Calgary often, but have never given me a call...why not?

You don't mind peeking in windows though, do you?

Let me know before hand, I'll set you up with a good horse and we can go fishing, and watch the grizzlies.

Larrry said:
Oldtimer said:
Larrry said:

Gotcha

ot=fail

Typical libtard tactic...attempting to twist and spin what they have no answer for.

But, hey...it's all good. At a minimum, OT is a Muslim sympathizer/apologist, and man sex for Muslims is OK! Allahu Akbar!

Larrry said:
Larrry said:
Oldtimer said:

You can't prove to me you are a Christian can you? So how do you expect Obama or any President of the United States or candidate to prove they are
Christians :???:

Both Bush and Romney believe we all pray to the same God the same as I do- but because of that some rightwingernuts chastise me and think I can't be a Christian... But I'm as much a Christian as any person on this site..

Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney made reference to a universal god during Wednesday night's presidential debate via a single statement not particularly related to the debate issues at hand.

"We're a nation that believes that we're all children of the same God," Romney said.

This is one statement that GW made that I agree 110% with.....

President George Bush has repeated his belief all religions, "whether they be Muslim, Christian, or any other religion, prays to the same God" – an assertion that caused outrage among evangelical leaders when he said it in November 2003.
------------------------------

"Well, first of all, I believe in an Almighty God, and I believe that all the world, whether they be Muslim, Christian, or any other religion, prays to the same God. That's what I believe. I believe that Islam is a great religion that preaches peace. And I believe people who murder the innocent to achieve political objectives aren't religious people, whether they be a Christian who does that – we had a person blow up our – blow up a federal building in Oklahoma City who professed to be a Christian, but that's not a Christian act to kill innocent people.

"And I just simply don't subscribe to the idea that murdering innocent men, women and children – particularly Muslim men, women and children in the Middle East – is an act of somebody who is a religious person.

Discerning one's Christianhood is not within my religion, but I reserve the prerogative to evaluate obamas crimes against liberty.

I'd like to ask Bush/Romney: if we all have the same God, why do those one guys keep cutting off people's heads?

Brad S said:
Discerning one's Christianhood is not within my religion, but I reserve the prerogative to evaluate obamas crimes against liberty.

I'd like to ask Bush/Romney: if we all have the same God, why do those one guys keep cutting off people's heads?

I thought he answered that quite well... Just like the KKK, Aryan Nations, and other rightwingernut racist/ extremis organizations that carried out a war of murder on Black/Jewish men, women, and children and bombed and burned church's and synagogue's, government buildings, abortion clinics, etc. while professing to be Christians- and some doing so in the name of Christianity or a Church-- are not Christians... They use that rationalization and excuse to hide behind and to get benefactors and recruits-- but they are in no way really religious...

And I believe people who murder the innocent to achieve political objectives aren't religious people, whether they be a Christian who does that – we had a person blow up our – blow up a federal building in Oklahoma City who professed to be a Christian, but that's not a Christian act to kill innocent people.

"And I just simply don't subscribe to the idea that murdering innocent men, women and children – particularly Muslim men, women and children in the Middle East – is an act of somebody who is a religious person.

Do you see Muslims condemning head cutting off and building blowing up, the way Christians openly condemn, confront, convict, and oppose terrorists that say they're Christians? I dont

Timothy McVeigh never said/testified that he was a Christian. Just the opposite. He claimed to be agnostic/atheist and said that "Science is my religion".

According to the Bible a Christian will manifest himself based on his fruits. I don't see a lot of Christian qualities in Obama! I do see Muslim qualities in him seeing how Muslims believe according to their Koran that it is ok to lie to Christians as long as it serves the Muslim cause!

aplusmnt said:
According to the Bible a Christian will manifest himself based on his fruits. I don't see a lot of Christian qualities in Obama! I do see Muslim qualities in him seeing how Muslims believe according to their Koran that it is ok to lie to Christians as long as it serves the Muslim cause!

Aplus!!!! Good to see you man. OT still has a crush on you!

Whitewing said:
aplusmnt said:

Aplus!!!! Good to see you man. OT still has a crush on you!

Yes he does. Something about anus widening? Keep your eye on him. :lol:

Latest posts