• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

"q" Pictures

Help Support Ranchers.net:

:lol: This has been a fun thread to read. I like mine med to med rare, and like H says, chickens need to be cooked either as chickens or chicken seeds.
I was sitting with my friend a good vet from Ft Collins at a farriers clinic one time. They fed ribeyes to invited folks the night before and I ordered mine med rare. He ordered his well done, and told me he could get his microscope and show me some things that were still alive in that meat and it would cure me of med rare!
PPRM, thanks for sharing. Wagons will start moving here in a couple weeks and we are cooking the first go on April 24, so come on over and stir some coals with me!

I've never understood why people laugh at the way another eats their food.

PPRM said:
I am getting ready for an event and trying out different Rubs and Marinades on Top Round and Eye of the Round. I refer to these cuts as "Cracker Meats'. Not in reference to us White Folks, No... I say that in that they generally are eaten with something on them. Whereas my Rib Eyes stand alone for example...

The three flavors pictured here are Pepper/Garlic, Chipolte and Apricot Brandy Sauce

RoastPlatterGarlicPepperChipolteApr.jpg

They didn't last long

PlatterNotalotleft.jpg

Future Flavors Include Vintage Gouda Cheese, Merlot, Cabernet, Whiskey Sauce, Marionberry Pepper, Sake Teriyaki and a few others I am working on with a Chef Friend. Both Wine ones will be reductions where I simmer the Wine with Onion, Lemon, Basil, Rosemary and/or Terragon until I am left with about half the volume of the wine... LOL, not from sipping mind you. Hmm...Maybe I should start with two bottles, LOL

So, yeah, I have been busy
looks good ,better then the turkey wife's cookin for Easter dinner,that's just foul :wink:

greg said:
PPRM said:
I am getting ready for an event and trying out different Rubs and Marinades on Top Round and Eye of the Round. I refer to these cuts as "Cracker Meats'. Not in reference to us White Folks, No... I say that in that they generally are eaten with something on them. Whereas my Rib Eyes stand alone for example...

The three flavors pictured here are Pepper/Garlic, Chipolte and Apricot Brandy Sauce

They didn't last long

PlatterNotalotleft.jpg

Future Flavors Include Vintage Gouda Cheese, Merlot, Cabernet, Whiskey Sauce, Marionberry Pepper, Sake Teriyaki and a few others I am working on with a Chef Friend. Both Wine ones will be reductions where I simmer the Wine with Onion, Lemon, Basil, Rosemary and/or Terragon until I am left with about half the volume of the wine... LOL, not from sipping mind you. Hmm...Maybe I should start with two bottles, LOL

looks good ,better then the turkey wife's cookin for Easter dinner,that's just foul :wink:
I'm with you Greg, it is advisable never to eat anything that eats with it's pecker. :shock:

per said:
greg said:
PPRM said:

They didn't last long

PlatterNotalotleft.jpg

I'm with you Greg, it is advisable never to eat anything that eats with it's pecker. :shock:

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I like mine rare at a cheap steak house and medium rare at a good one. Cheap steak houses cook them longer than better places.

That looks awesome PPRM. :clap: The BBQ here never shuts down...rain, shine, cold, snow...the wind slows it, but winter sure doesn't.

leanin' H said:
I like mine rare enough that a well qualified Vet could bring it back to life! :lol: Eggs, however need to be wel done and then cooked for 2 more minutes! Yolks give me the shivers! :mrgreen:

leanin' H, are you and I related? You could order these two items for me...rare beef and well done eggs. No runnies in the eggs...that makes me woozy.

This is my favorite snotty eggs story...Lazy Ace and I were on our honeymoon, traveling through Alberta. We stopped in Pincher Creek to visit a Red Angus breeder we know, and then stopped to visit a family I stayed with on a 4-H exchange trip. They were the BEST exchange family I EVER had in my 4-H exchange trip history. They are wonderful folks. They just insisted we stay with them. The next morning, my host Dad, Darryl, made breakfast and rolled out barely warm, snotty eggs. It was all I could do to choke them down...and I sure was not going to send them back. I just kept adding the HP sauce. When we left Chad asked if I even thought about asking Daryl to cook them a bit more. I didn't even have to think about it, the answer was "of course not." But is was sure to eat them!

Keep an eye out for the Easter Bunny today, friends.

Have a blessed Easter!

Cheers---

TTB :wink:

Happy Easter to you as well, TTB! And to everyone else on this forum.

I was browsing some online cooking sites and ran across this for all
you folks who like your beef "well-done".

"Remember, cooking roasts is like cooking steak, the more well cooked the smaller and tougher the meat gets."

So, my question is "Why do you like tough meat?" :p

I never send one back unless its got a lot of grissel. Before I got sick I ate them rare but was told to start eatin them well done. I order one med well. I never ask for steak sause till after the first bite, then deside. It seems like restarant steak is not as good as it use to be. Speakin of breakfast, any of yall eat grits? Breakfast aint breakfast with out them, neither is a fish fry.

I've always wondered what the heck grits are. :???: So it you wouldn't mind educating a Northerner enlighten me.

jingo2 said:
I've never understood why people laugh at the way another eats their food.

Primarily happens in cultures with full Belly's...

I can take pictures of Jerky next time, LOL

PPRM, Now we are going to need your recipe's and cookin' instructions. I was gonna get on your case about needing to marinade that tough, tasteless grassfed beef, but I decided to not to! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I would like to reach through the monitor and try a nice rare piece! :D

leanin' H said:
PPRM, Now we are going to need your recipe's and cookin' instructions. I was gonna get on your case about needing to marinade that tough, tasteless grassfed beef, but I decided to not to! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I would like to reach through the monitor and try a nice rare piece! :D

I could and have gone without Marinades on Round. I have actually gotten it to pull for BBQ Beef Sandwhich Stock. To do that, you have to get the meat temperature to above 195 degrees for awhile to turn the Collagen to Gelatin.

I used to be pretty snobbish about Rubs, marinades and the like. My statement was "If you have to add aything to it, then it isn't good Beef" . Then, my freezers began to build up with round. My tune changed, LOL...

Actually, I am still a bit snobbish. I only really allow these on Rounds. I have come to term with Round Being "The Cracker Meat". Not because White Boyz BBQ it. Because it is something you put something on.

It has been fun to expand my horizons. As an industry, it is how we will get more consistent value from our Beef. I'd rather use imagination than discounting

McGee213288 said:
per said:
I've always wondered what the heck grits are. :???: So it you wouldn't mind educating a Northerner enlighten me.

Hominy, dried and ground to a coarse powder...takes approx.35 min to make up a proper batch... :)

Okay, you got me. Now I need to know what hominy is. Please. :)

Faster horses said:
It's corn soaked in lye. It's one of my favorites, I guess cuz I'm
from the south. No one else in my family cares for it tho... :cry:

Oh! I tried some of that once. Twice actually, the first time and the last time..... :shock:
Some other folks tried to introduce me to what seems to me was a bowl of black eyed peas.... (insert puke emoticon here).
But if you folks like 'em, eat 'em up and enjoy!

Silver said:
Faster horses said:
It's corn soaked in lye. It's one of my favorites, I guess cuz I'm
from the south. No one else in my family cares for it tho... :cry:

Oh! I tried some of that once. Twice actually, the first time and the last time..... :shock:
Some other folks tried to introduce me to what seems to me was a bowl of black eyed peas.... (insert puke emoticon here).
But if you folks like 'em, eat 'em up and enjoy!

MMMMMMMM..I love Hominy...and Blackeyed peas are yummy... :D ...BUT the 1st water must be poured off the peas or they are nasty... :?

Man, you should put warning on that post "PICTURES OF FOOD" I'm 2 hours from dinner and now my guts are doing back filps. thanks

Latest posts