• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Question for the Republicans

Help Support Ranchers.net:

This is one of the reasons our country is in the shape it's in. those who would be good at the job, don't want it, for all of these reasons and more.

If we could get people to believe in public service, we'd all be better off.

But I'm with you guys, I guess it is easier to set back and bitch, than to go and try and improve things. My hats off to LB for running. She's a better man than I am.

I think we all need to vote in new people, every election, and then we'd be more apt to run, if we knew we only had to do it for one term. But it sure would be a pain in the donkey! :wink:

Just think, if we got rid of all the professional politicions, how much better of this country would be. :)

theHiredMansWife said:
I've got a friend who goes one step farther on that though, JB. Not only get rid of the lifetime politicians, but replace them with Independants. Partisanship is 3/4 of the problems in our gov't. :p

:roll: The problem is there is such no animal. The fairy tale independent as you like to be called only exists in some peoples heads. :( Some people consider themselves an independent or moderate but in reality they use that as a way to stay in the middle of the road, problem with that is occasionaly a car will come by. :wink:

X is exactly right, McCain might be listed as a Republican but his positions put him more to the left. A closet democrat is "label" fits the bill. :D

Barry Goldwater was one of the great statesmen. He was ahead of his time and told the American people things they didn't want to hear. He was the first person I was old enough to vote for. I have always wondered how things would have been with him at the helm.

These elected people need to remember what is best for the country as a whole. Put down their differences and work together. But I don't think it is ever gonna happen. The parties just want to destroy each other. One up-manship is not good for America.

I listened to Laura Ingram on the way to Billings yesterday. She brought up a good point or points. Many of these news commentators have never been to Iraq; Chris Matthews is one. Yet he has plenty to say about what is going on over there. Laura went, and she is impressed with what has been done and what is happeniing with the reconstruction over there. She talked about how the Iraquis love the American soldiers. The point she was trying to make, is the news people don't know what they are talking about unless they go over and see for themselves. She said it is a lot diffeerent than the news media makes it out to be.

And she discussed people like Dis and the detriment they do to our country and our soldiers. One newscaster whose name was Engle was interviewed by someone in the news media and they asked if the Iraquis could listen to our news and he said yes; and they weren't happy with the untruths that were being reported. And that it does make a difference to them and the troops with what is being broadcast over here. They never tell the postive side of things.

And people wonder if the mainstream news media is biased? She mentioned NBC in particular.

You might go to her website and read yesterdays transcript. It was very good. In fact, I think I will go check it out myself.

People should quit worrying about who is going to be president and throw every one of the bums out of the congress, and then we might achieve something. All who are in there now are bought and paid for and we need to get new ones in and start over.

As long as people vote with just their pocketbooks, i don't think things will change much.

As for Independents, I think it's time for one. The republocrats have messed things up bad enough. It's time for a change and a real 3rd party.

Until we get all new faces, it's still the "good ol' boy" network and I'll scratch your back, you scratch mine".

Remember how hard we worked to get the line item veto for the president and how that would stop all the pork barrel legislation. Has any president even used it yet?

They are all bums! Throw them out and start over.

They've all sold themselves to the highest bidder, so they can get elected and then must do as their master says, afterwards, to keep their job.

We need campaign finance reform and none woill do it as, they are cutting their own throats.

I'd only let them campaign for 1 or 2 weerks prior to any election and no ads, just debates.

Yeah right, like the media would go for that! :evil:

What's really interesting is that McCain has hired Terry Nelson as an advisor for his campaign. Nelson was the deputy chief of staff of the Republican National Committee when Tom Delay is accused of sending money to the RNC and getting them to contribute that amount of money to his hand picked candidates. His name is on the Delay indictment, though he hasn't been charged with anything...yet. Will McCain be able to claim the "reformer" title with people like that on his staff?

The fairy tale independent as you like to be called only exists in some peoples heads. Some people consider themselves an independent or moderate but in reality they use that as a way to stay in the middle of the road, problem with that is occasionaly a car will come by.

First of all, independant and moderate are not interchangeable labels. Some people aren't moderate in the slightest, but they don't feel either of our major parties represent them. Instead, they're Independant.

And being moderate doesn't really have anything to do with being middle of the road. It's just that we think the extremists are a bit off kilter. Using your car analogy, we think you extremists keep trying to drive yourselves off cliffs.
Do you really have this much trouble with this concept, or is this just another case of being derrisive because someone dares to have an opinion contrary to yours?
confused-smiley-013.gif

As for Independents, I think it's time for one. The republocrats have messed things up bad enough. It's time for a change and a real 3rd party.

I think you're right, JB. Not so much that they would take over or even get a significant voice, but because it might shape up the big two.
Partisans will say otherwise of course, but a lot of political analylsts think the Republicans and Democrats have melded to such an extent that there's really no significant difference...

Partisans will say otherwise of course, but a lot of political analylsts think the Republicans and Democrats have melded to such an extent that there's really no significant difference...

They have definitely melded on a couple things-1) taking lobbying money (bribes) from special interests and making their decisions on who pays the most and 2) Spending taxpayers dollars like its going out of style..

theHiredMansWife said:
The fairy tale independent as you like to be called only exists in some peoples heads. Some people consider themselves an independent or moderate but in reality they use that as a way to stay in the middle of the road, problem with that is occasionaly a car will come by.

First of all, independant and moderate are not interchangeable labels. Some people aren't moderate in the slightest, but they don't feel either of our major parties represent them. Instead, they're Independant.

And being moderate doesn't really have anything to do with being middle of the road. It's just that we think the extremists are a bit off kilter. Using your car analogy, we think you extremists keep trying to drive yourselves off cliffs.
Do you really have this much trouble with this concept, or is this just another case of being derrisive because someone dares to have an opinion contrary to yours?
confused-smiley-013.gif

I think you're right, JB. Not so much that they would take over or even get a significant voice, but because it might shape up the big two.

So you can label me an extremist and that's okay but let the word liberal slip out and ....... :shock:

:roll: Never mind :roll:

There's nothing wrong with the word liberal. It's the snide comments you attach to it.

And my point was simply that if you think moderate means middle of the road, waiting to be run over, hard-core partisans must be extremists ready to go off the deep end. It was your analogy, not mine. I merely expanded it. :)

Frankly, I've never really cared where someone's political leanings take them (so long as they don't harm others, that is). I think the world needs all ideologies or it just won't work.
confused-smiley-013.gif

theHiredMansWife said:
There's nothing wrong with the word liberal. It's the snide comments you attach to it.

And my point was simply that if you think moderate means middle of the road, waiting to be run over, hard-core partisans must be extremists ready to go off the deep end. It was your analogy, not mine. I merely expanded it. :)

Frankly, I've never really cared where someone's political leanings take them (so long as they don't harm others, that is). I think the world needs all ideologies or it just won't work.
confused-smiley-013.gif
Like I said you can stereotype and label people how you see fit and there's nothing wrong with it..........but by God nobody better try and tag you with one. :)

GOOD DAY. :wink:

Like i said yesterday, BBJ. I'd bet you have the intellectual honesty to recognize when you're being deliberately snide.
I simply pointed out the flaw in your argument. I didn't stereotype or label.

I repeat:

You can look if you'd like, but you won't find anywhere where I say things like "the cons always ______" or "conservatives are a fairly tale that only exist in peoples' minds".
I've said this before, but I try to look at peole as individuals and address their individual statements as such.

Still debating if I'm republican or what...............how about Soapweed/Jinglebob ticket? :) :wink:

Changing my idea to Peach Blossom/Soapweed .

Remember how hard we worked to get the line item veto for the president and how that would stop all the pork barrel legislation. Has any president even used it yet?

Clinton used it for a short period before the courts overturned it,

Oldtimer said:
Jinglebob said:
I'm no longer a Republican, but I'd vote for McCain.

As an Independent- as far as the announced or speculated candidates of both parties I'd have to go with McCain too.....

My my. What a couple of years being duped by the MSM will do?

Mike said:
Oldtimer said:
Jinglebob said:

As an Independent- as far as the announced or speculated candidates of both parties I'd have to go with McCain too.....

A couple years studying the history of the candidate- his misuse of power history- and seeing how he was nothing but a Bush/Corporate Lobbyiest yes man-- which I believe is the reason the economy is the way it currently is....

Oldtimer said:
Mike said:
Oldtimer said:

A couple years studying the history of the candidate- his misuse of power history- and seeing how he was nothing but a Bush/Corporate Lobbyiest yes man-- which I believe is the reason the economy is the way it currently is....

A couple of years of studying my ass...........

More like a couple of years of having your head up your ass.

I've done a lot of snooping backwards in time on here OT. You're a most hippocritical SOB. I think I'll send a few out every few days.

Oldtimer wrote:
Mike wrote:
Oldtimer wrote:
Jinglebob wrote:

I've done a lot of snooping backwards in time on here OT. You're a most hippocritical SOB. I think I'll send a few out every few days.

A hypocrite he is, an economist he is not. Want to still argue about tax cuts OT, or how the Bush administration has "screwed" up Iraq?

Mike said:
Oldtimer said:
Mike said:

At minimum he is just trying to be a thread stimulator and instigator of conflict. I think a couple years ago or more he was probably sharing his true thoughts. But he became bored and decided to start conflicting.

Either that or he is so anti Bush that he will believe anything that is anti Bush. Either way he is getting boring!

Latest posts