• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

R-CALF Losses Affiliates

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Tam said:
ocm said:
Tam said:
ocm when are you ever going to bring something that backs what you hint you know? If what is on Swift horses is false bring something to prove it. Time to come clean, if you really have something, who ever you are!!!!! :roll:

I don't think most of the details are anybody's business except R-CALF members. And I am sharing information with those members who are interested.

OH PLEASE, this whole mess is being fought out on the World Wide Web and you think by personally explaining what you think you know to "only members" you are going to protect R-CALF's reputation. :roll: :roll: I guess you think doing major damage control is best done one member at a time. :lol2: :lol2: Better get at it ocm you have already lost 7,500 members now that the Texas group left. Maybe if you go explain your inside poop to them they will come back under Bills wing :wink: By the comments on the Blog the the Texas guys are not the only ones you better get phone numbers for as most of them are not renewing either by the looks of it. Better get after it as Bill is counting on those membership dues to line his pockets. :wink:

Your information is really defective. There are only 300 R-CALF members in all of Texas. South Dakota has about 4000. IC of Texas has continually had dual affiliation with R-CALF and NCBA. Now they are affiliated only with NCBA. R-CALF does not count members of affiliates as members of R-CALF unless they have joined individually.

First I want to say I'm not as educated on everything that is going on with R-Calf and the so called problems. I do want to point out a few thoughts I have as a member. The salary Bullard is said to have gotten is fine with me. You can't expect someone to do all that he has done and not get paid for it IMO. Ceo's of large companies get 5-6 times that amount. As for membership decreasing, I wonder how many have the attitude it is difficult to fight our crooked government policies and enough is enough and will just take whatever befalls the cattle industry. I also understand there are different cattle associations a person can belong to, what I don't understand is how cow-calf producers are so against those that do belong to R-Calf. If what R-Calf does stand for would ever take affect, it would be to their betterment. As a feeder, I wonder what would be said, if I and 80% of other feedlots would get our calves from Latin America because they might be cheaper. These are just some of my thoughts so feel free to fire away.

feeder said:
First I want to say I'm not as educated on everything that is going on with R-Calf and the so called problems. I do want to point out a few thoughts I have as a member. The salary Bullard is said to have gotten is fine with me. You can't expect someone to do all that he has done and not get paid for it IMO. Ceo's of large companies get 5-6 times that amount. As for membership decreasing, I wonder how many have the attitude it is difficult to fight our crooked government policies and enough is enough and will just take whatever befalls the cattle industry. I also understand there are different cattle associations a person can belong to, what I don't understand is how cow-calf producers are so against those that do belong to R-Calf. If what R-Calf does stand for would ever take affect, it would be to their betterment. As a feeder, I wonder what would be said, if I and 80% of other feedlots would get our calves from Latin America because they might be cheaper. These are just some of my thoughts so feel free to fire away.

Feeder I am well aware that you are proud of your American bred and fed cattle but I think you would be surprised at the amount that are not. I would say that if these cattle were brought in at a discount and were legal to feed there would not be a lack of buyers. Money tends to make for strange bedfelows :shock:

I understand what you are saying mwj. But for the life of me I can't understand where the almighty dollar is more important that we would rather see our American rancher go under just so we could make a few extra bucks. Believe you me I wish my margins were better but not at the expense of my fellow American.

ocm said:
Tam said:
ocm said:
I don't think most of the details are anybody's business except R-CALF members. And I am sharing information with those members who are interested.

OH PLEASE, this whole mess is being fought out on the World Wide Web and you think by personally explaining what you think you know to "only members" you are going to protect R-CALF's reputation. :roll: :roll: I guess you think doing major damage control is best done one member at a time. :lol2: :lol2: Better get at it ocm you have already lost 7,500 members now that the Texas group left. Maybe if you go explain your inside poop to them they will come back under Bills wing :wink: By the comments on the Blog the the Texas guys are not the only ones you better get phone numbers for as most of them are not renewing either by the looks of it. Better get after it as Bill is counting on those membership dues to line his pockets. :wink:

Your information is really defective. There are only 300 R-CALF members in all of Texas. South Dakota has about 4000. IC of Texas has continually had dual affiliation with R-CALF and NCBA. Now they are affiliated only with NCBA. R-CALF does not count members of affiliates as members of R-CALF unless they have joined individually.

What Bruce did not say is that, when ICA quit R-CALF, so did its 7,500 members.
Taken from the blog on IC of Texas leaving R-CALF. :wink: Now if IC of Texas are no longer affiliated with R-CALF will their 7500 members be donating to R-CALF coffers? :?

feeder said:
I understand what you are saying mwj. But for the life of me I can't understand where the almighty dollar is more important that we would rather see our American rancher go under just so we could make a few extra bucks. Believe you me I wish my margins were better but not at the expense of my fellow American.

I have the same feelings myself. When you try to buy something as simple as clothing it hits home! About the only thing I can find anymore that are american made is Redwing and Northener boots :???: The people that used to make the clothing and other things are now Walmart shopers that only look at one thing which is price!!!!! I was around in the 60's when the NFO decided to with hold fluid milk from the mkt. to raise the price. It did not take long to find out how long one producer would back another when they saw it was coming from there profit :oops: I think times have changed more than we care to admit.

mwj said:
feeder said:

Feeder I am well aware that you are proud of your American bred and fed cattle but I think you would be surprised at the amount that are not. I would say that if these cattle were brought in at a discount and were legal to feed there would not be a lack of buyers. Money tends to make for strange bedfelows :shock:

And the economy of rural America takes a death blow. Wouldn't that be beneficial?

Sandhusker said:
mwj said:
feeder said:

And the economy of rural America takes a death blow. Wouldn't that be beneficial?

Ask some of your bank customers. I am sure if the cattle were cheap there would be several in line to buy them with your banks money and blessing :wink: Sure is hell to live in the real world isn't it :shock:

mwj said:
Sandhusker said:
mwj said:

Ask some of your bank customers. I am sure if the cattle were cheap there would be several in line to buy them with your banks money and blessing :wink: Sure is hell to live in the real world isn't it :shock:

Why would they buy cows if they couldn't sell the calves?

Tam said:
ocm said:
Tam said:

Taken from the blog on IC of Texas leaving R-CALF. :wink: Now if IC of Texas are no longer affiliated with R-CALF will their 7500 members be donating to R-CALF coffers? :?

Don't trust the blog. If all of the donations from IC members to R-CALF suddenly dried up, would they notice? Has there ever been a calf sale in Texas. I don't recall one.

ocm said:
Tam said:
ocm said:

Don't trust the blog. If all of the donations from IC members to R-CALF suddenly dried up, would they notice? Has there ever been a calf sale in Texas. I don't recall one.

WHAT? Your Numero UNO man in Texas ,Haymaker NEVER donated a CALF?

Probably wouldn't have brought much anyway. :cry:

Big Muddy rancher said:

I know some good R-CALF members from Texas. Just not very many there. And note that I was not talking about Texans in general. Just IC members.

Crazy how in an earlier letter they gave Kiker "unconditional" support. That's pretty far reaching. IC was really working hard for COOL when the USDA was having its "listening sessions" a few years ago. I communicated with Shane Sklar, then IC president, several times on the issue. Now Kiker has teamed up with an attorney who works for Nancy Bryson, who as general counsel at the USDA interpreted the COOL law to require third party certification. It was used to scare producers away from COOL.

I guess we know what "unconditional" means. We're following the person, throw aside issues and principles.

For those of you good Rcalf producers left - punt the LMA greed monguers and push the ticket for Creekstone. Then support any and all packing proposals who are not affiliated with the pirates even if they are a little shady. Better the Devil's daughter than the devil himself.

I will personally be sad to see some of the efforts of Rcalf leave the industry and only hope that some ethical entity remains.

All I can say is

"Don't cry for me Argentina - the truth is they'll never love you - all through your growing pains - like we had in Canuckleville - they'll only **** on you. Don't cry for me Argentina - when a few of us Canucks kick you and your new found partners ass out of Europe - I hope that Rcalf - goes after Asia - and we will never - have to cry no more.

How do you like my little song Scotty boy - where are you? - 8)

I communicated with Shane Sklar, then IC president

OCM - I don't know if you are Michael Stumo or Fred Stokes, but you are cut from the same cloth either way. Lots of volume and not enough home work.

Shane Sklar was the Executive Director of ICA, Chuck Kiker was the President of ICA. Kiker is very well respected in Texas and in other circles around the cattle country.

You jump up and defend Randy Stevenson, without letting everyone know he is the Vice Presdient of your outfit.

Randy was a good guy before his brain tumor. He is a completely different person now - radical, unbalanced, fundamentalist.

Big Muddy rancher said:
ocm said:
Tam said:

MY calves will bring more than those inbred watusi's you admitt to.
The R CALF recruitment in Texas is slow but steady,not a whole lot of new ranchers in Texas and new ideas come slow around here.
I read somewhere the other day that 80 or 85 % of the cattle owned in Texas were owned by folks that were in their fifties and had less than 40 head,the great majority of these folks believe most cattle assc.'s are vendors for a monthly magazine...........we just gotta keep the message out,there is a new cattlemans assc. called R CALF that does represent the cattle man.............good luck

HAY MAKER said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
ocm said:

The R CALF recruitment in Texas is slow but steady,not a whole lot of new ranchers in Texas and new ideas come slow around here.
I read somewhere the other day that 80 or 85 % of the cattle owned in Texas were owned by folks that were in their fifties and had less than 40 head,the great majority of these folks believe most cattle assc.'s are vendors for a monthly magazine...........we just gotta keep the message out,there is a new cattlemans assc. called R CALF that does represent the cattle man.............good luck

So in plain english your to cheap to donate a calf. :lol:

Big Muddy rancher said:
HAY MAKER said:
Big Muddy rancher said:

I have donated my share big dummie,you can be sure of that :wink: .................good luck

HAY MAKER said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
HAY MAKER said:

I have donated my share big dummie,you can be sure of that :wink: .................good luck

It was OCM that said he didn't remember you Texan R-CALFers ever donating a calf. Heck you weren't even a member when we started posting here.
Haymaker have you ever donated a CALF?

OCM have you ever donated a CALF?

HAY MAKER said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
ocm said:

Sept 28th minutes No minutes are presented for approval. No financial statement is recorded. The Board undertakes discussion of several fund-raising options. The CEO explains pursuing a rulemaking petition, essentially "opening up another front in the litigation" by claiming Canada no longer meets minimal risk designation. Legal costs are estimated at $30,000 to $35,000 plus the cost of consultants at $20,000 to $25,000. The CEO indicates that, if he writes the petition with the attorney's oversight, costs would be about $20,000 plus the cost of consultants. Dennis McDonald asks if R-CALF shouldn't wait for a ruling from the Ninth Circuit. Johnny Smith notes that undertaking new or different litigation may help raise funds. Strategic planning is discussed.

Question: Were the CEO's comments to the Directors that USDA "made a huge mistake" and did not follow proper procedure accurate?

Lawyers answer" No, as noted above, these comments are based on a misunderstanding of the law. Because there is no final action by the USDA, it would be an unfortunate waste of time and resources for R-CALF to give credence to the CEO's comments.

With Kiker, Leo, Wooster and countless others gone and Dennis on the way out, I'd say you better donate as many of those high priced Texas calves as possible to keep from having your CEO becoming your crack legal team of one. He wrote a letter to the USDA and look what happen. Can you imagine what will happen when he starts writing Legal Petitions to the Federal Court System? :wink:

ocm,

First your MO was to discredit anyone who questioned the direction of R-CALF. Now you are doing the same thing with SwiftHorses who are former or present R-CALF questioning their direction.

Do you honestly believe that nobody can see through your phoniness?

You never bring anything of substance to support your views. You never refute a position that you do not support with opposing facts. You sir are "factually void".

You blamers are all the same.

~SH~

Latest posts