• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

R-CALF USA meeting for live cattle producers only

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Sandhusker, your personal attack and calling Dittmer childish names is a prime example of R-CALF fear and hatred when they are called on their actions.

The man simply reported what he saw and heard at previous conventions, one time contrasting R-CALF and NCBA conventions. That is no crime, nor should it result in such treatment of a journalist, IMO. It seems a reasonable guess that it doesn't happen at meetings of less secretive ag groups.

You falsely claim I "remain silent" about the farm bill. WRONG, again! I rarely "remain silent", even when I wish I had. Re. that Competition Title in the Farm Bill, why would I remain silent, when I firmly believe NCBA comments ARE the accurate, more likely version of effect of that title????

Your assumption of "straw polls" is ludicrous! Possibly, as an R-CALF fanatic, you don't have experience with groups run by the members and observant of Roberts Rules of Order, where MEMBERS discuss issues and leaders hear our opinions as to how we believe proposed laws and regulations will affect our ranching businesses. If that is the case, I'm duly sorry for you, but will not allow your false claims against NCBA to go unchallenged.

You STILL fail to answer my questions as to how you can KNOW no members told NCBA leaders what would happen to their business if the Competition title became law........or how you KNOW the 'secrets' of Dittmers organization!

BTW, I never said the rcalf board didn't follow their by-laws. But, do they even HAVE by-laws? Some of them appear too off-the-cuff and undisciplined to be governed by such structure as Roberts Rules of Order!

NCBA stand on the Farm Bill is what a majority of MEMBERS want it to be, and I can't say I'm sorry that chaps you so badly! Whatever the RCALF (Real Cozy Attorneys/Losers' Fund) members such as yourself say to the contrary is just so much hot air. I wondered where that "climate change" was coming from!!!

RobertMac, your claim that Dittmer has a goal of estroying R-CALF is not necessarily true. I believe his goal is to neutralize attacks on foods, producer to retailer. He definitely WILL go after, and hold to fire the feet of those who make unvalidated claims against food producers and businesses. I STONGLY defend and support him in that effort. If people or groups, ESPECIALLY ag groups, attack beef safety in public they NEED to be called to account for their erroneous attacks. That does NOT mean that Dittmer is trying to "silence that opposing voice", only to get it to try a policy of honesty (for a change)!

FACT: I don't (nor do they) claim NCBA is the ONLY voice of cattle producers......I say they are the best! NCBA obviously works with many other beef and diversified ag groups to promote the cattle/beef industry, and wouldn't do so if they believed they are the ONLY voice, would they?

What as the issue or reason you bailed from the group?

mrj

Do you believe the NCBA version to be more accurate because you read the proposals or because you just took NCBA's word?

Sandhusker said:
Do you believe the NCBA version to be more accurate because you read the proposals or because you just took NCBA's word?

So were you at the R-Calf convention?

Sandhusker said:
Bill said:
Sandhusker said:

No, I wasn't, Bill. Were you?

WHAT? One of the biggest R-cheerleaders finally has it in thier own backyard and you still don't go? So what is the excuse this year?

Bill said:
Sandhusker said:
Bill said:

WHAT? One of the biggest R-cheerleaders finally has it in thier own backyard and you still don't go? So what is the excuse this year?

Hey Bill their convention was for live cattle producers ONLY. That would eliminate most bankers I suppose. :roll:

Bill said:
Sandhusker said:
Bill said:

I was in bed Monday with the flu and went to bed right after work Tuesday and Wednesday with it. Any other personal information you think you need to know?

Sandhusker said:
Bill said:
Sandhusker said:

I was in bed Monday with the flu and went to bed right after work Tuesday and Wednesday with it. Any other personal information you think you need to know?

Did you mean to say you went to bed with FLO? :lol:

Don't tell the Mrs!

Might I point out that it was a 3-day deal with Flo? She'll be back, you betcha she will.... :wink:

Sandhusker said:
Bill said:
Sandhusker said:

My sincere sympathies Sadhusker you really should look after yourself! I suspect it is likely a result of the overwhelming stress from all the time you spend on this site. :roll:

You must have been crushed to miss a once in a lifetime opportunity to ACTUALLY GET to an R-Klan convention instead of relying upon 2nd and 3rd heck maybe even 4th hand information to flog around the internet. Were you able to at least send one or two of your advisors (the girls) from the bank to carry your votes?

I was going to ask you to go for me, Bill, but then I thought ahead to the voting and the problems you would encounter when they asked people to raise their right hand....

Since I was there and attended most of the sessions, I would be willing to shed a little light on some of the happenings there.

But, since I am an R-CALF member, I will lie, put a liberal spin on it, and adhere to our blood oath not to tell anybody anything about the fact that R-CALF members only THINK their votes count, that unbeknownst to us, we are all just brainwashed zombies.

There was a pretty good contingent of reporters there, all with their bright orange badges, which may explain why Steve Dittmer, who sneaked past the registration desk (for the second time in two years) did not possess the press badge. So, he was asked to leave, just like he has been before in meetings held by other organizations.

Moreover, if anyone wants to suggest that Dittmer was kicked out to keep R-CALF meetings secret and their financials secret, ask Dittmer who supports (financially) his Agribusiness Freedom Foundation.

Cinch said:
Since I was there and attended most of the sessions, I would be willing to shed a little light on some of the happenings there.

But, since I am an R-CALF member, I will lie, put a liberal spin on it, and adhere to our blood oath not to tell anybody anything about the fact that R-CALF members only THINK their votes count, that unbeknownst to us, we are all just brainwashed zombies.

There was a pretty good contingent of reporters there, all with their bright orange badges, which may explain why Steve Dittmer, who sneaked past the registration desk (for the second time in two years) did not possess the press badge. So, he was asked to leave, just like he has been before in meetings held by other organizations.

Moreover, if anyone wants to suggest that Dittmer was kicked out to keep R-CALF meetings secret and their financials secret, ask Dittmer who supports (financially) his Agribusiness Freedom Foundation.

Please don't clog this forum up with facts...it will destroy the fantasies of the R-CALF haters!!! :wink: :lol: :lol:

mrj said:
RobertMac, your claim that Dittmer has a goal of estroying R-CALF is not necessarily true. I believe his goal is to neutralize attacks on foods, producer to retailer. He definitely WILL go after, and hold to fire the feet of those who make unvalidated claims against food producers and businesses. I STONGLY defend and support him in that effort. If people or groups, ESPECIALLY ag groups, attack beef safety in public they NEED to be called to account for their erroneous attacks. That does NOT mean that Dittmer is trying to "silence that opposing voice", only to get it to try a policy of honesty (for a change)!

I have to revise my opinion of Dittmer...he's a hack out to destroy anyone who opposes the few multi-national corporations from monopolizing the world food industry. The irony is that he's your worst enemy, but you are too duped to realize it!!!!!!!! SAD!

The truth is that if the food industry was doing their job of making sure the food they sold to the public was safe and nutritious, they wouldn't need increased over sight. The proof of their failure is all the food recalls and the worsening public health and obesity. Wake up and educate yourself...and get away from hacks like Dittmer!!!!!

mrj said:
FACT: I don't (nor do they) claim NCBA is the ONLY voice of cattle producers......I say they are the best! NCBA obviously works with many other beef and diversified ag groups to promote the cattle/beef industry, and wouldn't do so if they believed they are the ONLY voice, would they?

How many times have we heard NCBA tell us that the industry must speak with one voice??????????????? Of course it seems to dupe their members into accepting that NCBA is in bed with AMI!!!!!!!

mrj said:
What as the issue or reason you bailed from the group?

Because it's stupid to give money to a group that is on the opposite side of the more important issue...like packer concentration that eliminates free market access to the consumer for producers.

How many times have we heard NCBA tell us that the industry must speak with one voice??????????????? Of course it seems to dupe their members into accepting that NCBA is in bed with AMI!!!!!!!

You don't get that speaking in one voice gives more power to make change? Yeah, jump all over this one :roll:

R-Laff is in bed with LMA. You can have them. Our cattle are better than commodity priced cattle. We are also source and age verified. You R-laffers hate that. Soooo, keep on selling your commodity cattle at the sale barn and we will continue selling ours through a branded beef program :p

What makes you think R-CALF doesn't like producers source and age verifying? You pulling a Dittmer here? What was that about the truth you said earlier?

Hanta Yo said:
R-Laff is in bed with LMA. You can have them. Our cattle are better than commodity priced cattle. We are also source and age verified. You R-laffers hate that. Soooo, keep on selling your commodity cattle at the sale barn and we will continue selling ours through a branded beef program

I sell mine in a package with COOL and animal ID on each package! :p :p :wink: :lol: :lol: You drive-by NCBAers have got to hate that!!!! 8) :lol: :lol:

Hanta Yo said:
]You don't get that speaking in one voice gives more power to make change?

It's the wrong kind of change when it's the AMI voice!!!!!

Hanta, "You don't get that speaking in one voice gives more power to make change? Yeah, jump all over this one "

The one voice you're advocating (NCBA/AMI) isn't pressing for the changes that are needed! It is the voice of the status quo!

Latest posts