• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Rain

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Faster horses said:
We had a lightening storm last evening and a nice shower in the night. This morning there was 1.5" in the rain gauge. I love rain, especially rain in August when you don't expect to get any. I hope that everyone that needs rain, got some!

Yeah we had a couple of storms go thru... Real spotty- some received nothing- while others got 2 inches... At the home river place we got .45- but neighbors a mile away got 1.25... Radar shows that all the pastures may have picked up a good rain- with the community pasture showing it could have gotten 2-3 inches.. Be nice if the creek ran- and cleaned up the waterholes and springs...
Weather folks are predicting this thunderstorm activity could continue for another day or two- and then cooler temps..

Tam said:
Nice rain in Prince Edward Island today. :D

From what I understand, that is something PEI isn't short of most of the time. :D You are so lucky to be there. I hope you are really enjoying yourselves.

We wound up with almost 1.7". Our annual fair is on and tonight was the local Variety show. It was a perfect evening, really nice out.

Could use some here .....the past three days have seen the skies turn dark late afternoon with thunder & some lightning. However, we have yet to see any moisture here tho` folks in town have been getting some rain. Maybe today?

I would'nt mind a 3 week drought.We've got some hay that is in huge windrows and got near 3"s of rain on them. We ran thru them today with the disc bine that seamed to work really fluffed them up but it was 6 pm so they will bale tomorrow if it stays dry. Spent the rest of the evening on my beaver damn. :mad: S.O.B.s

Well, the skies opened up last nite about 8:30 & it rained heavily for 90 minutes. I was at a BBQ & a friend said that we could thank him since he had just cut 100 acres of grren feed that afternoon. Our water storage tanks collected about 400 gal off the gutters so wife is happy that she has enough to water flowerbeds, etc. The pastures were starting to get a little "crispy" so this helps a lot!

Our county fair is going on with the featured entertainment to perform last night. A hum dinger of a storm rolled in and fried their equipment.

Everyone is wanting a refund.....don't know how that is going to work out.
Seems like when you have an outdoor concert, you are taking a chance on
the weather. One youngster was injured when something fell on her, but
other than that, I haven't heard of any injuries.

We have had over 3" of rain since Thursday the 14th of August. Ranchers are lovin' it, farmers, not so much. :D

A shade over 3 in SC ND. Reports of up to 6 in town a lot of basements with water and even seen one with a wall caved in.
I talked to a neighbor he was stacking bales 5 miles to the east and said he could count the drops on the windshield.

Faster horses said:
Our county fair is going on with the featured entertainment to perform last night. A hum dinger of a storm rolled in and fried their equipment.

We have had over 3" of rain since Thursday the 14th of August. Ranchers are lovin' it, farmers, not so much. :D

Here is an article and video taken by Rick Springfield of when the storm hit....

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/video-severe-wind-montana-fair-tent-rick-springfield/32442446

We've had just a little over an inch the past 30 days. Good stockpile of grass here but it's beginning to burn up. Temps in upper 90's this week won't help.

Oldtimer said:
Faster horses said:

Here is an article and video taken by Rick Springfield of when the storm hit....

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/video-severe-wind-montana-fair-tent-rick-springfield/32442446

Yea, that was posted on facebook. He said 'tornado area'....it wasn't a tornado. :D It darn sure was a big wet, wind. :D

Here is the 'Rest of the Story'...

http://lastbestnews.com/site/2014/08/big-storm-pounds-baker-fair-but-springfield-show-goes-on/

we are at 9+ inches in the last 2 days and still raining hard south of Malta in northern MT. Serious flooding!!!

It's been raining sporadically in this desert they call Texas, hoping for a wet fall maybe we can get some grazing in
Best/joe

Latest posts