• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Range Beef Cow Symposium

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Andy

Reaction score
Who is all going to the RBCS in Rapid City the 6,7 & 8th? I'll be there and would like to meet a few of you if your going to be there.

At this point in time, Peach Blossom and I are signed up to go. We are planning to be at the Pfizer supper tomorrow evening, and hope to at least take in Tuesday's events. If the weather goes completely kapoot, we'll probably come home Wednesday.

I'll be wearing a black hat, Wranglers and western boots. :wink:

I'll be at the Pfizer supper tonight also. I will problebly be the youngest looking guy there by myself. And I do not look like a rancher.

Soapweed,
My son Dan is coming to the RBCS also. What time is the Pfizer supper tonight? And where?
I can't come, as I have ET work on Tues. and Wed., and Trich testing bulls Thurs., so he'll have to absorb the info for both of us.
ET Doc :???:

Be careful driving in "wreched City".When it storms the idiots from the air base are on the prowl. :mad: :mad: :mad:

The Pfizer seminar is at the Holiday Inn Rushmore Plaza. It begins at 4:30 and the supper is at 6. There is also a CAB sponsored effent going on at the same time.

The weather went kapoot quicker than I thought. We had a raging four-hour blizzard come through in the late morning yesterday. This set back our getting ready to go to Rapid City, and with other confugalties later on we decided against going at all. Last night, the temperature got down to 15 below, and there is a weather advisory for today with a predicted one to three inches of additional snow and ten to twenty mph winds. With the temperature barely getting above zero for all of today, it just seems prudent to stay home.

It is a two-sided situation of whether to go to the beef cow symposium and get all smartened up on how to ranch, or to stay home and take care of the cattle we have. I think the cattle prefer us staying home to attend to their immediate needs.

I'll bet your cows won't know the difference between an educated feeder/ ice-breaker, or the one you already are. That little breeze was something yesterday wasn't it?

You made the very same decision we did, Soapweed. We were just headed to different places is all.

Hard to enjoy yourself when you are concerned about things at home.

I'd say you made a good choice.

Interesting that our daughter and son-in-law were going to go with us. They have a horse operation in Wyoming and they too, decided to stay home. They have a new house and she called yesterday and said the furnace went out twice and one of the outside hydrants froze up. So it was a good thing they didn't go.

Here, the neighbor that was going to feed for us got hurt and we wound up feeding his cows intstead.

Funny, how things work out.

Latest posts