• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Recruiting Trips

Help Support Ranchers.net:

elwapo

Reaction score
My daughter is currently being wooed by quite a few division 1 Universities for Track. So far we have visited UCLA and ASU and have another trip booked for Florida State coming up mid November. Each time they have taken us to football games. Wow what an experience. So far the Sun
Devil game has been the most impressive, although the Rose Bowl was an amazing venue.

elwapo said:
My daughter is currently being wooed by quite a few division 1 Universities for Track. So far we have visited UCLA and ASU and have another trip booked for Florida State coming up mid November. Each time they have taken us to football games. Wow what an experience. So far the Sun
Devil game has been the most impressive, although the Rose Bowl was an amazing venue.

Congratulations Elwapo !! Best of luck to her with whichever college she chooses. :tiphat:

Thanks hillsdown. It is a great position for her to be in, but then again it did not just happen, she has worked very hard and sacrificed alot to get to this point.

Thanks Mike I will. This is a link to her profile on Athletics Canada http://athletics.ca/profile_new.asp?pID=8352

She is focused on the 400 hurdles at this point and is the Canadian Youth record holder in that event. The colleges really like athletes that compete in more than one event because they get the best bang for the scholarship bucks spent. Her mom and i are just average folks so we cannot say there is a genetic path we can follow. She does have both of our stubborn streaks tho. :lol:

Bring here down as a club for the Simplot Games in Febuary, unbeleavable the compition there, national and world place holders in the high school division. My Daughter went 3 years, and it is a fun event, track kids from all over the States, Canada, Jamica. If you make it post I'll drive to Poky just to watch and buy dinner,
My Daughter pole valuted for UW one year, biggest problem was for a college they didn't have a pole valuting coach, the jumping coach had no idea.
Good luck to her where ever she goes! :!:

jodywy. She has been to simplot the past couple of years here is a link to her 400 finals from last year. http://www.flotrack.org/coverage/238138-2011-adidas-Simplot-Games/video/465185-W-400-F03-live . It is a heck of a long trip and just before we start calving. I will certainly let you know if we will be down. WU has wanted Sage to come for a visit and she is still considering it.

Jodywy i will certainly let you know if i can make it to simplot. If not, they have great live coverage on flotrack. I know my daughter is still haunted by the second place finish last year and will not let it happen again.

elwapo said:

Texas A&M....Threepeat...national champions..Mens and Ladies Track and world class facilities.

TexasBred said:
elwapo said:

Texas A&M....Threepeat...national champions..Mens and Ladies Track and world class facilities.
Welcome to the SEC.

A&M has a very good school and program, however my daughter decided it was not in her top three. Past NCAA championships were not a factor she considered too seriously.

elwapo said:
A&M has a very good school and program, however my daughter decided it was not in her top three. Past NCAA championships were not a factor she considered too seriously.
You'd think she'd want to be on a competitive team with a great past as well as outstanding future......perhaps just not quite too competitive???

Mike said:
TexasBred said:
elwapo said:

Welcome to the SEC.

Thanks....winless in SEC competition this year. Maybe next year as well. :wink:

Latest posts