• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Red Heifer Pic

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Red Robin

Reaction score
Anyone like Reds?
MikeFountain003.jpg

i happen to know a cattle buyer who can't pass a red for love nor money--he's a hoot, and he'll do WHATEVER it takes to buy 'em :roll:

Chuckie said:
i happen to know a cattle buyer who can't pass a red for love nor money--he's a hoot, and he'll do WHATEVER it takes to buy 'em :roll:
Good. We just need more like him. I hope he has children and raises them to follow dads footsteps.

well, he does have kids, but they're grown up and not in the cattle-buyin' business, but he does inspire those of us who work with him :)

I kinda fancy the red ones...even the ones that are missing the white face. :D

VERY Nice!!! Body length(the high value cuts are in the loin) and capacity(not pencil gutted) are where its at. Also not too "waste-ey" up front (in the chuck). I'd like a hundred females like that!!! And I'm a Char-guy!! :lol:

Are you raising Red Angus? Pretty heavy for an Angus, he and the heifer look more like Red Simmental. If they are Angus, he sure is an easy-keeper! And he looks good!

Shelly said:
Are you raising Red Angus? Pretty heavy for an Angus, he and the heifer look more like Red Simmental. If they are Angus, he sure is an easy-keeper! And he looks good!
They are Red Angus Shelly. Yes, they both keep easy but the bull was shown so he was fed quite a bit. He didn't fall off too bad though out on cows. He is at Genex in Strafford Mo. collecting export semen . I called to get his in weight after I dropped him off but he was too wide to get on their scales. That was after being out on cows and being in his pen for a month with nothing but grass and hay.

We had a Red Angus (up till a few days ago) that we used on our heifers. He was heavy when he went out this spring, too. All he got for winter feed was brome-grass hay, and he did exceedingly well on it! He damn near flattened those heifers! When we went and got him a few days ago, though, he didn't look like the same bull, because all he did all summer was pace the fence trying to figure out how to get to the neighbour's cattle. He'd lost a pile of weight. I wish I'd of been able to get a picture of him this spring before he left the bull pen. Nice looking bull with personality plus. Best Red Angus we ever owned! I'm going to miss him if hubby decides to sell him to his cousin, where the bull is now breeding his cows. That's still hasn't been decided yet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he'll come back home after he's done over there. He's my bull, and I've kind of turned him into a big baby. :oops:

I'd have to look it up. All I know for sure right now is that he came from Alberta, calves easy, and his calves grow like weeds! We get good money for them come fall. Last year a dumpy little Hereford heifer weaned off a 750# heifer calf from him. The rest of his calves weren't far off the 700# range.

Shelly said:
I'd have to look it up. All I know for sure right now is that he came from Alberta, calves easy, and his calves grow like weeds! We get good money for them come fall. Last year a dumpy little Hereford heifer weaned off a 750# heifer calf from him. The rest of his calves weren't far off the 700# range.
Can't beat that.

Latest posts