• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

REPUBLICAN LEADER RUSH LIMBAUGH JUST CAN'T GET A BREAK

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Oldtimer said:
Tam said:
Oldtimer said:
Probably the reason no one got very excited when someone called Palin a name...Words like whore, slut, pimp fit most politicians (male or female) quite well......

The problem is- the young lady that Rush slurred and slandered was not a professional politician- and was at the time just a witness that had been called to testify before Congress... Altho- with the publicity Rush has given her- I'm sure we will be seeing her in the political realm soon...

Maybe in your backwater County it fits quite well or at least it should have when you ran for Sheriff of Valley County. But in the REAL WORD calling ANY WOMAN those names is sick and those defending those names because the woman is a Conservative Politican makes that person a very disgusting preverted, booze soaked idiot with no morals. GET THE HINT OLDTIMER :mad:

But you didn't get a bit upset or call Rush "sick" when he called a lady that had been called to testify in front of Congress that... And she definitely doesn't qualify as a paid politician....

Thats the Hypocrisy !!!!! Or do you agree Rush is a sicko?

She wasn't called to testify before congress, Pelosi just set up a news conference to look like it. Guess Pelosi was pimping her whore. :?

Oldtimer said:
Tam said:
Oldtimer said:
Probably the reason no one got very excited when someone called Palin a name...Words like whore, slut, pimp fit most politicians (male or female) quite well......

The problem is- the young lady that Rush slurred and slandered was not a professional politician- and was at the time just a witness that had been called to testify before Congress... Altho- with the publicity Rush has given her- I'm sure we will be seeing her in the political realm soon...

Maybe in your backwater County it fits quite well or at least it should have when you ran for Sheriff of Valley County. But in the REAL WORD calling ANY WOMAN those names is sick and those defending those names because the woman is a Conservative Politican makes that person a very disgusting preverted, booze soaked idiot with no morals. GET THE HINT OLDTIMER :mad:

But you didn't get a bit upset or call Rush "sick" when he called a lady that had been called to testify in front of Congress that... And she definitely doesn't qualify as a paid politician....

Wrong again fat man I don't like at all that Rush stooped to the level of your sick "COMEDIANS" But he realized he stepped over the line and apologized. When do you think your sickos will man up and apologizes to Palin. My guess is never as long as slime like you giving them a pass because they are funny men. :mad:

Big Muddy rancher said:
Oldtimer said:
Tam said:

She wasn't called to testify before congress, Pelosi just set up a news conference to look like it. Guess Pelosi was pimping her whore. :?

You better reread your history...She was called by the minority (D's) of the committee to testify- which is normal procedure- both sides get to present witness's...The Chairman (a majority R) allowed their witness's to testify- but would not allow Ms Fluke to testify...
So later when the media questioned what her testimony would be- Pelosi sat it up to allow the world to hear what the Chairman had censored...

But she was called as a witness....

The Chairman didn't censor jack sh!t. She had no expertise or vast knowledge on the subject which would have qualified her as able to testify. This was a setup from the get-go, and if you are too dumb to realize it, you'd best resign your azz from the bench. The chairman followed the rule of law.....Pisslosi is the one who prostituted the rules with a "faux hearing".

Ever heard of a "ringer"? :roll:

I swear, you get dumber and dumber every day.......

Oldtimer said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
Oldtimer said:

You better reread your history...She was called by the minority (D's) of the committee to testify- which is normal procedure- both sides get to present witness's...The Chairman (a majority R) allowed their witness's to testify- but would not allow Ms Fluke to testify...
So later when the media questioned what her testimony would be- Pelosi sat it up to allow the world to hear what the Chairman had censored...

But she was called as a witness....

She was denied time to testfy because first she got her papers in late AND more importantly she was not an expert on the Constitution or RELIGIOUS BELIEFS and that is what the Original hearing was. It was so RELIGIOUS LEADERS could tell the REAL Committee, not the media DOG and PONY show Pelosi set up, what their thought of OBAMA VIOLATING THE FIRST AMENDMENT WITH HIS MANDATE. were.

You can spin it anyway you want Oldtimer but Fluke was an ACTIVIST that stuck her nose into something she is not an EXPERT on.

Tam if what you say is true about Ms. Fluke and her absence of expertise, then this would have been a slam dunk for the Rep.'s questioning her on the constitutionality of the issue. They could have made her look foolish on national tv. What an opportunity they misssed.

TSR said:
Tam if what you say is true about Ms. Fluke and her absence of expertise, then this would have been a slam dunk for the Rep.'s questioning her on the constitutionality of the issue. They could have made her look foolish on national tv. What an opportunity they misssed.
They did, the left just doesn't see it..or won't accept it.

So the original committee that denied her access did question her??? I must have missed it Larry. But of course they might have feared her responses had they really confronted her. :wink:

TSR said:
So the original committee that denied her access did question her??? I must have missed it Larry. But of course they might have feared her responses had they really confronted her. :wink:

I can't imagine why they would fear her. She is simply a shill for the "Free Entitlement Generation". Nothing more......................

TSR said:

It would have been a waste of their time and they knew it. She was either an expert on the Constitution or Religious beliefs so why waste their valuable time to listen to her and her entitlement rants. Pelosi on the other hand has never cared about wasting time OR MONEY when it comes to making an azz of herself and that is exactly what she did and by the polls it backfired in her face. But that woman is so stupid I doubt she noticed. :roll:

Limbaugh Loses Almost 100 Sponsors In Scandal's Wake

By David Zielenziger: Subscribe to David's RSS feed

March 15, 2012 7:53 AM EDT

Nearly 100 advertisers have withdrawn their commercials from Rush Limbaugh's radio program in the past two weeks. Limbaugh, whose three-hour talk show reaches as many as 20 million listeners each weekday, said he is doing well and denied hostility toward women. On Wednesday, he complained on the air: "How can I be anti-woman? I even judged the Miss America pageant!"

Limbaugh, 61, provoked the advertiser pullout after calling 30-year-old Georgetown law school student Sandra Fluke a "slut" and "a prostitute" after she had told members of Congress she supports health-Insurance coverage for contraceptives. The remarks by the conservative firebrand outraged women's-rights and liberal activists who are usually at odds with Limbaugh's rhetoric but also well-known Republican and Democratic politicians. Within three days, most of his technology sponsors had pulled ads from the show -- Carbonite Inc. (Nasdaq: CARB), developer of PC backup systems; software-management provider Citrix Systems Inc. (Nasdaq: CTXS) ; and online-services provider AOL Inc. (NYSE: AOL).

Those were quickly followed by Netflix Inc. (Nasdaq: NFLX), Stamps.com Inc. (Nasdaq: STMP) and PolyCom Inc. (Nasdaq: PLCM), as well as Capital One Financial Corp. (NYSE: COF), Deere & Co. (NYSE: DE), Allstate Corp. (NYSE: ALL), Sears Holdings Corp. (NYSE: SHLD). Privately held companies ProFlowers, LegalZoom, Sleep Number and Sleep Train also withdrew.

Among Limbaugh's tech-company sponsors, only LifeLock Inc., a privately held identity-monitoring service provider, has remained. The Tempe, Ariz., company's directors include Tom Ridge, former Pennsylvania governor and secretary of homeland security under President George W. Bush.

Congressional Disapproval

Two radio stations also dropped Limbaugh's show. The remaining 600 stations have broadcast so-called "dead air" in the time slots for their spots, or public-service announcements for the Red Cross or U.S. government agencies.

Sen. Carl Levin, a Michigan Democrat and chairman of the Senate's Armed Services Committee, has urged the Defense Department to remove Limbaugh's show from the Armed Forces Network, which is broadcast worldwide to members of the U.S. military.

Limbaugh issued a muted public apology three days later, on March 3, saying his word choice had been poor. Fluke declined to accept the apology, calling it insincere Limbaugh then apologized again on air but has continued to denounce women's groups. .

The show is syndicated by Premiere Networks, which has responded to the criticism by telling stations to replace withdrawn commercials with other material. The move has also extended to advertisers on hourly newscasts that precede Limbaugh.

So far, according to an internal company memo cited by the New York Times, "The Rush Limbaugh Show" has lost only about $2 million in advertising. Nielsen Media estimates Limbaugh's show brings in as much as $361 million annually.

Premiere itself is owned by Clear Channel Communications, based in San Antonio. Once a public company, Clear Channel was taken private in a $20.6 billion buyout in 2008 led by Bain Capital and Thomas H. Lee Partners, two giants of the private-equity sector. Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney is the co-founder of Bain and still receives funds from the firm although he doesn't participate in management.

Limbaugh hasn't endorsed a Republican contender yet, although he has frequently had Romney rival Newt Gingrich on his show for interviews. His format usually precludes guests as Limbaugh delivers monologues occasionally interrupted by listener calls.

Limbaugh has long boasted of his affection for technology, especially Apple Inc. (Nasdaq: AAPL) products. He has complained on air that while he exclusively uses Apple's Mac computers, the Cupertino, Calif., company has never advertised on his program.

To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail: [email protected]. To contact the editor, e-mail: [email protected]

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/314563/20120315/rush-limbaugh-show-boycott-sponsors-sandra-fluke.htm

From the Back Porch:

Limbaugh opened Pandora's box with his comments

By George Frasher
Leesville Daily Leader
Posted Mar 18, 2012 @ 01:00 PM

Leesville, La. —

No one should have been surprised when Rush Limbaugh called a college coed a slut and prostitute a couple of weeks ago.
Let it be known that Limbaugh had every legal right to say those things.

At the same time the coed has every right to take legal action if she felt she was harmed by an untruthful statement. And that harm can be monetary and/or emotional. Legally, there is a gray area here on whether Limbaugh would be accused of slander or libel in any such civil lawsuit. Originally, slander is spoken and libel is written, but the advent of electronic journalism in the 1920s might muddy the definitions a bit.

Anyway, in such a civil suit where results ride on a preponderance of evidence instead of proof beyond a reasonable doubt, Limbaugh would have to show a bit more proof that the coed meets the definition of a slut or a prostitute than she proves that she is neither. The two parties would have equal responsibility. Limbaugh might have the hardest chore there. While the definition of a prostitute might be fairly exact, coming up with a legal definition of a "slut" could be troublesome in this day and age.

This is not a defense of Limbaugh's big mouth. I don't listen to the guy. Jay Leno making such remarks on his show is different. Leno is nothing but a comedian. But Limbaugh is mistakenly considered by too many as the smartest thing since iodine on blisters, the greatest journalist since Ben Franklin. I say mistakenly because this overweight braggart is no more a journalist than Josef Goebbels. Any reader under 60 who doesn't know who Josef Goebbels was, look it up (Before you accuse me of calling Rush a Nazi, note that I am only comparing him as to the profession of journalism).

I even have some doubt as to whether Limbaugh is really a conservative. That's because it is evident to anyone not blinded by his ability to say things that are cheered by people who don't use their heads for much more than combing their hair. Rush Limbaugh is doing the fashionable thing in the first quarter of the 21st century. He is raking in millions of dollars more than he can ever spend without doing any real work. If he could collect $10 million annually spouting liberal remarks, he would have done so.
Any truly reasonable moral person in his position should make use of a lesson sometimes taught in Sunday schools. Spoken words are like the toothpaste in the tube. Once either is out, there is no putting them back. While I maintain he had a legal right to call the young lady those names, I am saying he should not have. Sure, Rush apologized later. Note this was after there was the threat he was going to lose some sponsors who gave him money for spouting off for three hours a day.

Ron Paul may be a distant fourth in the race for Republican presidential nomination, but his remarks about Limbaugh's were far more accurate than those of the other three candidates. Paul said he did not think the apology was sincere and was only made when there was the threat of some of his sponsors canceling their ads.

Rush Limbaugh survives like far too many politicians. He tells people what they want to hear. Sure, I agree 100 percent that tax revenue should not be used to buy condoms for unmarried people. Hell, I'm against using tax money for buying them for married people. If people can't afford to buy them, cold showers are an alternative.

Limbaugh gets some support from a group called the "Christian Right." But sometimes I wonder if he doesn't fit in with the people Jesus used a whip to chase out of the Temple.

He was cheered for his loud criticism of President Clinton for avoiding the draft during the Vietnam War, but he also avoided it like cancer. That was certainly a case of calling the pot black. But then he had nothing but hatred for Clinton and even called Chelsea ugly.

Limbaugh may meet the requirement of being successful in today's mercenary society, but how about three failed marriages ending in divorce. While most Christians and not just Catholics might tend to overlook a person who has been divorced once because of a mistaken marriage, few would think much of anyone who couldn't make a marriage go in three attempts.

Earlier I said that a person falsely called bad names by Rush Limbaugh has some rights in a court of law. However, if Rush Limbaugh ever called me a bad name on his program, somebody would probably have to tell me he did it because I quit listening to Rush Limbaugh years ago. And if they did tell me, I would be more likely to take it as a compliment instead of suing him.

http://www.leesvilledailyleader.com/opinions/columnists/x299886931/From-the-Back-Porch-Limbaugh-opened-Pandoras-box-with-his-comments

Ms fluk suing Limbaugh is the greatest thing that could happen,, why, proving you are not promiscuous is like proving you don't beat your wife,, IT CAN'T be done. Name. A 30 year old wHo can name all of her ex partners, and if it is more than ONE case over :D :D

In reaction to Rush, rules are proposed for Hall of Famous Missourians

By CHRIS BLANK

The Associated Press

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/03/15/3492823/in-reaction-to-rush-rules-are.html#storylink=cpy

JEFFERSON CITY | House Democrats are proposing formal criteria and a requirement for bipartisan approval before people are inducted into the Hall of Famous Missourians — a reaction to Democrats' criticism of the selection of Rush Limbaugh for the honor.

The proposed new requirements, released Thursday to The Associated Press, would require that selections for the Hall of Famous Missourians be supported by at least three of the top four legislative leaders. Inductions would need three votes from among the House speaker, Senate president pro tem and both chambers' minority leaders. The number of new selections also would be capped at two people every two years. Currently, inductees are chosen by the speaker of the Missouri House.

Inductees would need to have been born in Missouri or lived and worked in the state for a significant part of their lives. Excellence in art, literature, science, government, politics, sports, commerce, religion, entertainment and military affairs would qualify someone for the honor.

Attention on the Hall of Famous Missourians erupted last week after House Speaker Steven Tilley said he had decided to honor Limbaugh, calling the conservative talk show host among the world's best known radio personalities. Democrats have objected and specifically cited Limbaugh's recent comments describing a female law student involved in the national debate about insurance for contraception as a "slut" and "prostitute."

Inductees into the Hall of Famous Missourians have their busts displayed in the state Capitol. Several dozen people have been chosen by Missouri House speakers through the years. They include President Harry Truman, Walt Disney, George Washington Carver, St. Louis Cardinals baseball player Stan Musial and journalist Walter Cronkite. The busts are paid for using private donations.

Late Negro Leagues baseball player Buck O'Neil was inducted into the Hall of Famous Missourians during a ceremony this year. Tilley also has said he plans to select Dred Scott, a slave who sued unsuccessfully for his freedom in the famous court case.

The proposed legislation dealing with the Hall of Famous Missourians is the most recent action Democrats have taken. Forty-eight Democrats already sent Tilley a letter, calling Limbaugh unworthy of the honor because of a "controversial career" and urging the speaker to reconsider.

Last week, Democratic Gov. Jay Nixon expressed concerns about the process used in the inductions after House Democrats asked the governor's administration to block Limbaugh's bust from appearing in the Capitol.

House Minority Leader Mike Talboy said Thursday that the selection of Limbaugh has brought new controversy to the honor. He said House Democrats would seek to add the requirements as an amendment to legislation before lawmakers' mid-May adjournment.

"It is now clear that a formal process is needed in state law for inducting future members, rather than leaving it to the whims of a single person," said Talboy, a Kansas City Democrat.

Tilley, a Republican, has defended the selection of Limbaugh and noted that others in the Hall of Famous Missourians also have made controversial statements. He said he decided to honor Limbaugh about three months ago.

The selection also has been endorsed by the top state Senate Republican. Tilley, Senate President Pro Tem Rob Mayer and Limbaugh all are from southeastern Missouri.

Copyright 2012 The Kansas City Star. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Posted on Thu, Mar. 15, 2012 01:06 PM

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/03/15/3492823/in-reaction-to-rush-rules-are.html

flounder said:
Republican war on Women

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfjAMRgpoug

"In short, the ad stretches the truth at best and outright fabricates an alarmist spin at worst."

:lol: :lol: :roll:

that's our flounder, liar and alarmist

'War on Women?' How Much of Moveon.org's New Ad is True?

There's a problem, though – most of the quotes have either been personally withdrawn or may have never existed. Let's go through them.

Quote #1. Foster Friess' quote on aspirin: "The gals put it between their knees."

No one would care who Foster Friess was if he wasn't also a donor to the Rick Santorum campaign. Unfortunately for the Moveon crowd, Santorum himself thinks Friess went too far with this joke, describing it as "a bad off-color joke" and "stupid" in an interview with Greta Van Susteren. So if Friess has dated views on gender, they can't be hung around Santorum's neck.

Quote #2. Pre-abortion ultrasounds are fine because a woman already made the decision "to be vaginally penetrated" before she got pregnant.

The ad only cites this quote as coming from a "Republican lawmaker," and it's easy to see why – no one knows who said it, or even if someone said it. It is, in fact, a line that a Democratic lawmaker in Virginia has attributed to an unnamed fellow lawmaker, with absolutely no way to verify that it's true other than taking his word for it.

Quote #3. "The agenda of Planned Parenthood includes sexualizing young girls through the girl scouts."

All we can say about this one is that it's true. At least, it is in Indiana, where Planned Parenthood routinely sent representatives to administer a sex ed program to local Girl Scout chapters. Documentation from their own website supports this. And then there is the material that Planned Parenthood releases to children generally.

Quote #4. "The vast majority of abortions are matters of lifestyle convenience."

Virginia lawmaker Todd Gilbert said this one, and apologized for saying it on the same day, repudiating his own remarks this way (as reported by ThinkProgress):

Individuals on both sides of this issue agree that it is tragic for all involved. I recognize that few women undergo the procedure lightly. It leaves scars, both mental and physical, that can last forever. I regret that my comments earlier today on the House floor were insensitive to that reality.

Quote #5. Children that are the product of rape are "horribly created gift" and women who are raped "should make the best of a bad situation."

This one came from Rick Santorum in January of this year. It's missing a good amount of context, as he's responding to a hypothetical situation surrounding his own daughter, and does hedge somewhat before saying it. Watch the video below:

What is more curious about this quote is the question of what it has to do with hating women. At no point in the full clip, or in the section cited, does Santorum ever suggest that women are responsible for being raped, or say anything against women at all. In fact, he implicitly accepts the idea that the child was unasked for. So Moveon's ad seems to categorically imply that any women who decides to have a baby after being raped and getting pregnant is a traitor to her sex. Some would say that's just as extreme a position as Santorum's.

Quote #6. "Why should the government force you to insure for contraceptives? Are they going to have us have to ensure for toothpaste? I mean, this is ridiculous."

This quote comes from Rudy Giuliani and was cut out of the non-extended and more widely released ad. And it's easy to see why – Giuliani's point may strike a little too close to home for some people. In fact, it's exactly the same argument that the Blaze's Will Cain raised in conversation with Sandra Fluke on CNN. Are Cain and Giuliani part of a "war on women," or are they making a valid point?

Quote #7. "If we're going to pay for your contraceptives, and thus pay for you to have sex, we want you to post the videos online so we can all watch."

This is one of the lines that Rush Limbaugh apologized for, but even at the time he said it, it was obvious that he didn't mean it. He was, to use his phraseology, "illustrating absurdity by being absurd." Irony and misogyny are scarcely synonymous.

Quote #8. "If we took away womens' right to vote, we'd never have to worry about another Democratic President. It's a personal fantasy of mine."

These words came from a woman – as the ad itself admits – namely, Ann Coulter. Coulter's famous for wanting to restrict voting rights on various bases other than gender in order to push the electorate in a more right-leaning direction. She has even said she'd gladly give up the right to vote herself for this to happen. Is Coulter a self-hating woman? And more to the point, have any conservative lawmakers actually proposed this idea?

In short, the ad stretches the truth at best and outright fabricates an alarmist spin at worst. It's vaguely reminiscent of another ad Moveon released in 2008, called "Not Alex":

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/war-on-women-how-much-of-moveon-orgs-new-ad-is-true/

War_On_Women_War_Posters.jpg

Obama-Toasts-Media-Matters-War-On-Rush-0001aAa-517x752.jpg

War_On_Women_Skulls.jpg

Song..."Kill Rush Limbaugh" by Détente
I love good grunge, and "Kill Rush Limbaugh" is as satisfying as it gets.

any post that advocates the killing of another was against the TOS for this site?

a randomly-selected Jury of DU members which reviewed this post. The review was completed at Thu Mar 22, 2012, 08:21 PM, and the Jury voted 2-4 to LEAVE IT.
http://sync.democraticunderground.com/101717917

Smelly Poseurs Put Out Song, "KILL KILL KILL Rush Limbaugh"

YouTube hasn't yanked it yet, despite their policy of yanking anything whenever a protected liberal group whines about it.

Is it any good? No. Just generic speed metal and cookie-cutter Cookie Monster growl-singing.

Liberalism truly is a religion of peace..

Now Playing on YouTube and Facebook: 'Kill Rush Limbaugh'

a song that openly calls for the killing of Rush Limbaugh apparently doesn't offend YouTube or Facebook, in the least.

Latest posts