• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Roasting Peppers II

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Nicky

Reaction score
Ok, it is not as easy as it sound :? There seems to be a fine line between black on the outside and burnt to a crisp :oops: Is that just me? It also seems that my peppers don't have much more meat on the inside than they do skin? They do smell good though

don't cook them so long all you need to do is get the skin to lift off of the pepper, best done at high heat, you can see the skin pull away when it sears. Found out last night that you do not want to wait for very many days after picking them, tried to skin the last ones that got a bit of frost, waited until they started to get wrinkled and they only wanted to burn like you are saying instead of peeling. It is not hard when done the right way, peel them when you pick them, just sear the skin and it comes right off. :wink:

she is, I'm just starting to blossom :wink:

If you put them in a ziplock bag for a couple of minutes after you fire them it will loosen any skin that isn't. Also use a rag to wipe the skins off.

I did use a high heat, but they had been in the fridge for awhile :roll: The bigger ones did fine. It was a learning expierence :p I'm sure I'll do better next year. And we'll plant more. We always do lots of jalepenos, I pickle them. I'm still covering them at night.
I was wondering if you both have a computer or if you have to share :) Enjoyed your pictures on ranch talk!

which works better: a ziploc or a brown paper bag? i personally love to pickle the hungarian (banana) peppers--they're a bit hot, but not TOO hot, and they make a bologna sandwich worth eating. and, let a few go red for some collar in the jars....

Nicky said:
I did use a high heat, but they had been in the fridge for awhile :roll: The bigger ones did fine. It was a learning expierence :p I'm sure I'll do better next year. And we'll plant more. We always do lots of jalepenos, I pickle them. I'm still covering them at night.
I was wondering if you both have a computer or if you have to share :) Enjoyed your pictures on ranch talk!

Also try making jalepeno jelly? Awesome on a bagel with cream cheese. sw made some last year, jelly came out so clear and tasted so good I think I'll let him do the canning :wink: :wink:
Yes, we share one computer, we have dial up so we just get on the 'puter different times except most mornings we sit together and read ranchers.net with our first cup of coffee!! 8) 8) (I usually make him sign in but sometimes one of us forgets to sign out from the day before) and sometimes our server hangs up on us :mad: so we quit. :mad: :evil: :mad:

Anyone ever had mesquite bean jelly? I have a recipe but have never made it. Would like to try it. LOL now that I live in east texas where there aren't hardly any mesquite bushes

R2,

I would like to say have fun in Santa Fe and dont think all of us New Mexicans are as crazy as those you meet in Santa Fe are. Have you been to Santa Fe before or is this a first time for you?

R2,

Our place is a couple hours northeast of Santa Fe, and about an hour and a half straight east over the mountains from Taos. The nearest town that has much of anything is about 40miles away and is called Raton on the maps. You could spend lots of time driving and find just about anything you want. The state slogan should be Visit once and leave on probation. Seems like lots of people like to retire here any more, more towards the southern end of the state where the weather is more like Arizona's but we get a few up here in the highlands.

Our place is a couple hours northeast of Santa Fe, and about an hour and a half straight east over the mountains from Taos. The nearest town that has much of anything is about 40miles away and is called Raton on the maps. You could spend lots of time driving and find just about anything you want. The state slogan should be Visit once and leave on probation. Seems like lots of people like to retire here any more, more towards the southern end of the state where the weather is more like Arizona's but we get a few up here in the highlands.

I dearly love New Mexico - not Santa Fe or Albequerque so much, but your area is wonderful. I could live anywhere between Raton and Las Vegs real easy, or even down north of Deming. Do you know if that Middle of No Where bar is still operating out in the middle of nowhere northeast of Deming? Fun place at one time...

Latest posts