• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Romney/Mormonism

Help Support Ranchers.net:

hypocritexposer said:
but OT and flounder were only expressing an opinion. :wink:

OT's opinions on the subject weren't bad.. not even sure if his motives were bad..

as for the other one... I wouldn't exactly call that an opinion..

jodywy said:
TexasBred said:
OT, ever notice every Marriot has a Book of Mormon in the desk drawer?? The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saint's is the major stockholder. :shock: :D

really where did you find that out.
Know Marriot has donated for buildings at BYU

jodywy, what I posted was incorrect. I should have checked it out better, however, the founders (The Marriott Family) are devout Mormons.

Other church ventures are and companies owned by prominent members of the church are:

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (commonly called the "Mormon" church) operates the "Deseret Holding Corporation". This holding corporation oversees the following companies:
KSL/Deseret News: A television, radio, internet, and print news source based in Salt Lake City
Deseret Book: A Latter-day Saint themed religious book and media store.
Temple Square Hospitiality: A group of restaurants, reception centers, and hotels around Church Headquarters in Salt Lake City.
Beneficial Financial Group: a retirement fund and life insurance company

The Church also owns and operates several historic sites, visitors centers, and tourist attractions around the world.

While the Church itself owns these companies, Church members own or operate many prominante companies. These people include:
Nolan Archibald, CEO of Black & Decker
Jerry and Ralph Atkin, Founder and CEO of SkyWest Airlines
Francis Cash, CEO of LaQuinta Hotels
Johnathan Coon, President of 1-800 Contacts
Stephen R. Covey, Chairman of Franklin Covey
Gary Crittenden, CEO of American Express
Jon Huntsman, CEO of Huntsman Chemical and Huntsman Cancer Institute
Jim Jannard, CEO of Oakley
Brett Keller, CMO of Priceline.com
J. and Richard Marriott, Founder and Chairman of Marriott Hotels
Dimon McPherson, CEO of Nationwide Insurance
David Neeleman, CEO of JetBlue Airlines
Stewart Nelson and Ray Noorda, CEO and COO of Novell

Seems good businessmen and leaders are very common in the Church. :wink:

TexasBred said:
jodywy said:
TexasBred said:
OT, ever notice every Marriot has a Book of Mormon in the desk drawer?? The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saint's is the major stockholder. :shock: :D

really where did you find that out.
Know Marriot has donated for buildings at BYU

jodywy, what I posted was incorrect. I should have checked it out better, however, the founders (The Marriott Family) are devout Mormons.

Other church ventures are and companies owned by prominent members of the church are:

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (commonly called the "Mormon" church) operates the "Deseret Holding Corporation". This holding corporation oversees the following companies:
KSL/Deseret News: A television, radio, internet, and print news source based in Salt Lake City
Deseret Book: A Latter-day Saint themed religious book and media store.
Temple Square Hospitiality: A group of restaurants, reception centers, and hotels around Church Headquarters in Salt Lake City.
Beneficial Financial Group: a retirement fund and life insurance company

The Church also owns and operates several historic sites, visitors centers, and tourist attractions around the world.

While the Church itself owns these companies, Church members own or operate many prominante companies. These people include:
Nolan Archibald, CEO of Black & Decker
Jerry and Ralph Atkin, Founder and CEO of SkyWest Airlines
Francis Cash, CEO of LaQuinta Hotels
Johnathan Coon, President of 1-800 Contacts
Stephen R. Covey, Chairman of Franklin Covey
Gary Crittenden, CEO of American Express
Jon Huntsman, CEO of Huntsman Chemical and Huntsman Cancer Institute
Jim Jannard, CEO of Oakley
Brett Keller, CMO of Priceline.com
J. and Richard Marriott, Founder and Chairman of Marriott Hotels
Dimon McPherson, CEO of Nationwide Insurance
David Neeleman, CEO of JetBlue Airlines
Stewart Nelson and Ray Noorda, CEO and COO of Novell

Seems good businessmen and leaders are very common in the Church. :wink:

pretty good from parants that headed sheep to a ice cream push cart to a small store to a old hotel to a big hotel chain, now isn't that what America should be about !

Stephen R. Covey, his Grand father was a sheepman that also started Little America.A couple of his Sheep comanies in Wyoming were Covey-Bagley-Daton(my Granddad's brother was a partner) Covey-Papworth, Don't know if there was Utah, Idaho or Nevada operations.

Dont judge me by my beliefs, judge me by my behavior. Dont know who said that but I believe it is true. I do know that a good old southern preacher Joel Olsteen said " we focus so much on who we are that we forget whose we are" I find alot of truth and contentment in both of those statements. Hopefully the best man for America wins, and lets not forget there are only really two choices. The trivial stuff should not cloud the decisions we need to make.......Best of luck in your wrestle with the right decision.

Latest posts