• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

SH and Sandhusker

Help Support Ranchers.net:

gunslinger

Reaction score
Well it is absolutely plain that the two of you are completely polarized in your views of each other's opinions. Now I have my theories but what is your respective political affiliations. Don't mean to be an instigator but you two would fight over the color of the sky. Another thought Sandhusker if you hate SH so much why do you give him so much opportunity to voice his view. Why do you give him so much attention?

gunslinger said:
Well it is absolutely plain that the two of you are completely polarized in your views of each other's opinions. Now I have my theories but what is your respective political affiliations. Don't mean to be an instigator but you two would fight over the color of the sky. Another thought Sandhusker if you hate SH so much why do you give him so much opportunity to voice his view. Why do you give him so much attention?

Hey you missed that one, the color of the sky has already been argued about with no conclusion. :!: :arrow: :cry2: :cowboy: :arrow:The arrow means it just goes on and on.

gunslinger said:

I'm a registered Independent. I don't agree or disagree with either platform enough to accept either label, and the level of partisanship and lack of statesmanship exhibited by both makes me not want to.

You ask a very good question on why tangle with SH so much. I've asked myself that many times. I've even sworn off responding to his posts more than once - only to break my vow and go pig wrestling again. I don't hate SH, he just torks me off enough that I just can't let his irrational comments and behavior go unchallenged. I know I'm never going to change his views, I just don't want others to receive misinformation and form twisted views because of him. Generally, each time he posts he loses credibility, so it doesn't bother me a bit to give him more opportunities.

There once was a time where we actually got along - you can check the archives! However, after being called childish names time and time again and witnessing blatant hypocracy, you kind of lose the ability to just blow somebody off.

Gunslinger,

I am a conservative republican. I don't believe every large corporation is evil and out to screw the little guy. I don't believe you can blame or regulate your way to prosperity. I don't believe you need government mandates to report prices, to sell fat cattle, or to label beef. I believe we have to treat our trading partners the way we want to be treated. As you can plainly see, R-CULT's agenda is the exact opposite and that's what Sandbag supports.

Sandbag's problem is that he wants to be part of a populist cause and will defend it at all cost even if his defenses only make sense to him. Note how many times he has backed his opinion with supporting facts. Doesn't happen. He backs his opinion with another opinion. He wants those who he disagrees with to back every statement they make while he never backs anything. The ultimate in hypocrisy.

Divert, Deny, Discredit, & Deceive! That's Sandbag's MO!

I'm driven by nothing more than truth and facts. That is why you cannot find a single time when Sandhusker has taken a quote I have made and presented the facts to the contrary. Sandbag's platform is based completely on what he wants to believe rather than what the facts will support. If he can create an "ILLUSION" that someone else is wrong, then he doesn't have to find the facts to prove them wrong.

Heck, just read his posts and see for yourself. He's like a face fly that really doesn't do any damage but is annoying as hell.

~SH~

SH (previous): "If he can create an "ILLUSION" that someone else is wrong, then he doesn't have to find the facts to prove them wrong."

Sanbag (in response): "If you believe that, Gunslinger, I've got a bridge to sell you."

I rest my case Gunslinger!

~SH~

I am also a conservative Republican. I agree much more often with Sandhusker than I do with ~SH~.

I'm not just on the sidelines either. I am active in party politics.

ocm said:
I am also a conservative Republican. I agree much more often with Sandhusker than I do with ~SH~.

It is unfortunate that SH makes this an argument of the little guy against the "big bad corporation". It is an argument about an individual corporation that has cheated a whole lot of little guys to the tune of 2.1 billion dollars. All SH can say is that the little guy is attacking the big corporation.

Follow the yellow brick road. Follow the yellow brick road.

OCM: "I am also a conservative Republican. I agree much more often with Sandhusker than I do with ~SH~.

You're a turncoat OCM! You think you need a government mandate to label beef, to report prices, and to regulate how feeders market cattle. There is nothing conservative about that.

Nor is there anything conservative about being a whiny little packer victim that buys into these baseless unproven market manipulation conspiracy theories you have.

Nobody has to look any further than R-CULT/OCM's win/loss record in court to see how phony their position is.

OCM leans so damn far to the left that they need training wheels just to stay upright.

"PLEASE GOVERNMENT, SAVE US FROM OURSELVES"

Conservative my ass!

~SH~

And the sure-as-night-follows-day retort consisting of the credibility raising elementary school name calling and hissy rant. :roll:

It's nice to know that, even in this world filled with turmoil and uncertainty, there are some things that you can put good money on. :lol: :lol:

Now I have my theories but what is your respective political affiliations.

:)
It's been my experience that political affiliations don't usually play much of a role in this kind of discussion. Two Republicans can tear into each other just as much as a Democrat and Republican.
Rush and Al Franken would say that doesn't happen, though. lol

Econ101 said:
ocm said:

It is unfortunate that SH makes this an argument of the little guy against the "big bad corporation". It is an argument about an individual corporation that has cheated a whole lot of little guys to the tune of 2.1 billion dollars. All SH can say is that the little guy is attacking the big corporation.

It is highly doubtful you are accurate in your assumption that SH believes it is "the" little guy against "the" big corporation, Econ.

More likely it is seeing several entities luring MANY "little guys" to believe the few "evil corporations" are attacking EVERY "small guy and business". Many of those following R-CALF/OCM/LMA have listened to and even joined the various Resource Councils. Now who funds those Resource Councils? Who, really, is working to keep all farmers "small"? Who is working to get government, or maybe even mob-like groups of citizens, or certainly, lawyers, to cripple or eliminate the Walmarts and Tysons of this world? Could it be those who hint at "behind the door" deals and talk of "monopsonies" and "oligopolies"? BTW, are you involved with a Resource Council or any other group working against the "big, evil corporations"? Who wants to convince family farmers that up is down and down is up.....and why are they trying to do this?
MRJ

theHiredMansWife said:
Now I have my theories but what is your respective political affiliations.

:)
It's been my experience that political affiliations don't usually play much of a role in this kind of discussion. Two Republicans can tear into each other just as much as a Democrat and Republican.
Rush and Al Franken would say that doesn't happen, though. lol

HMW, I agree with the first part of your statement, but it's obvious you haven't listened to Rush very often...he's been tearing into four Republican Senators this morning.

Gunslinger, haven't you figured out SH...all you have to do is disagree with him on something and the name calling, belittling comments start. It's not his opinions or 'facts' that are objectionable...it's his obstinate, classless method of debating.

MRJ said:
Econ101 said:
ocm said:

It is highly doubtful you are accurate in your assumption that SH believes it is "the" little guy against "the" big corporation, Econ.

More likely it is seeing several entities luring MANY "little guys" to believe the few "evil corporations" are attacking EVERY "small guy and business". Many of those following R-CALF/OCM/LMA have listened to and even joined the various Resource Councils. Now who funds those Resource Councils? Who, really, is working to keep all farmers "small"? Who is working to get government, or maybe even mob-like groups of citizens, or certainly, lawyers, to cripple or eliminate the Walmarts and Tysons of this world? Could it be those who hint at "behind the door" deals and talk of "monopsonies" and "oligopolies"? BTW, are you involved with a Resource Council or any other group working against the "big, evil corporations"? Who wants to convince family farmers that up is down and down is up.....and why are they trying to do this?
MRJ

Here is a little substitution for you MRJ. Substitute NCBA for the groups you have listed above and you will have it about right. I knew none of these organizations before I looked into this subject. Your history shackles you.

~SH~ said:
OCM: "I am also a conservative Republican. I agree much more often with Sandhusker than I do with ~SH~.

You're a turncoat OCM! You think you need a government mandate to label beef, to report prices, and to regulate how feeders market cattle. There is nothing conservative about that.

Nor is there anything conservative about being a whiny little packer victim that buys into these baseless unproven market manipulation conspiracy theories you have.

Nobody has to look any further than R-CULT/OCM's win/loss record in court to see how phony their position is.

OCM leans so damn far to the left that they need training wheels just to stay upright.

"PLEASE GOVERNMENT, SAVE US FROM OURSELVES"

Conservative my ass!

~SH~

I have been chairman of my county platform/resolutions committee for about six years. At the last county convention a notable local Republican, who is a member of the Federalist Society, publicly complimented me on the resolutions presented by saying they were solidly Republican.

After a local meeting with the state Republican chairman (I had never met him before) he asked me to serve on a statewide committee. He and several other state officers who attented the meeting which had about 15 local participants said that the level of discussion at the meeting was the best they had encountered in their travels around the state conducting such meetings.

There are a whole lot of other Republicans who think I am VERY Republican. I am part of a group that has helped overturn the power of the moderates in the state.

There are quite a number of significant Republicans who will attest that I am conservative.

And so what are your credentials?

A conservative Republican does not believe that the government can do a better job of labeling beef than the free enterprise system.

A conservative Republican does not believe that the government has to mandate who can and who cannot own cattle (OCM supported Johnson Amendment).

A conservative Republican does not believe that the government needs to regulate how cattle are sold based on an unsupported market manipulation conspiracy theory.

A conservative Republican does not believe that the government needs to mandate price reporting when prices were being reported voluntarily before.

A conservative Republican does not believe that large successful packers are inherently evil just because they are large and successful. Resentment towards large successful corporations is a typical democratic platform.

You may be conservative on other issues OCM but when it comes to beef industry issues, you are clearly leaning to the left as is OCM.

What party predominantly supported the above mentioned government mandates? DEMS

What party predominantely opposed the above mentioned government mandates? REPUBS

The obvious is obvious!

Nobody can call themselves a conservative and support these "PLEASE GOVERNMENT, SAVE US FROM OURSELVES" mandates.

~SH~

RM: "Gunslinger, haven't you figured out SH...all you have to do is disagree with him on something and the name calling, belittling comments start. It's not his opinions or 'facts' that are objectionable...it's his obstinate, classless method of debating."

Robert Mac is another guy whose bias screams. It's not the namecalling that bothers him, it's the fact that I am the one who calls him on his bullsh*t occasionally and that angers him as it does most R-CULT supporters. There is more than enough namecalling to go around on both sides of the debate but Robert Mac singles me out revealing his bias towards the packer blamers. I treat others the way they treat me and that will not change. I find blatant lies a lot more insulting than name calling.

But hey, it gives them something to discuss when they can't back their positions. Those who bring nothing to the table can always talk about the shape and color of the table.

~SH~

SH, "But hey, it gives them something to discuss when they can't back their positions. Those who bring nothing to the table can always talk about the shape and color of the table."

When are you going to back your position by filling in the blanks? Ever hear of practicing what you preach?

So lets hear about your table.

"
~SH~ said:
A conservative Republican does not believe that the government can do a better job of labeling beef than the free enterprise system."

Then why have a USDA meat inspector overlooking packers? They are there to prevent the fraud that packers have done in the past.

"A conservative Republican does not believe that the government has to mandate who can and who cannot own cattle (OCM supported Johnson Amendment)."

If the purpose if for market manipulation, they do. SH you are as dishonest as they come.

"A conservative Republican does not believe that the government needs to regulate how cattle are sold based on an unsupported market manipulation conspiracy theory."

No one has proposed this except SH so he can argue with himself. That case was proven to a jury of 12 and you have made numerous misrepresentations and lies about it.

"A conservative Republican does not believe that the government needs to mandate price reporting when prices were being reported voluntarily before."

Prices were not being reported correctly. Conservative Republicans believe in the objective truth, not the sham you bring to the table, SH.

"A conservative Republican does not believe that large successful packers are inherently evil just because they are large and successful. Resentment towards large successful corporations is a typical democratic platform."

Large successful packers are not inherently evil just because they are large and successful-- it is only when they play market power tricks and break the law that they are those things. Another one of SH's personal arguments between himself.

"You may be conservative on other issues OCM but when it comes to beef industry issues, you are clearly leaning to the left as is OCM."

SH, I don't believe you have an honest bone in your body. Republicans do. You lean so far towards fascism it isn't funny any more.

"What party predominantly supported the above mentioned government mandates? DEMS"

That is why some republicans are starting to stand up for what is right, instead of going along with the big money.

"What party predominantely opposed the above mentioned government mandates? REPUBS"

Some of them are about as crooked as you, SH. John Cornyn showed how much respect he has for individual liberties and rights when on the news tonight. What a disgrace!! And he is on the Senate Judiciary Committee. He should know better.

The obvious is obvious!

"Nobody can call themselves a conservative and support these "PLEASE GOVERNMENT, SAVE US FROM OURSELVES" mandates."

No honest republican can support what is happening in our nation today to the republican party or to the country. Money can't buy you everything.

"~SH~
"

SH, I am ashamed at some of the things the republican party is doing. It is a fraud upon democracy.

When is the last time republicans balanced the budget instead of putting it all on the nation's credit card for our children to pay for it in the future to the Chinese and others? They are mortgaging our nation.

If you are going to preach, you have to practice what you preach or you become a hypocrit. You were there a long time ago, SH.

~SH~ said:
A conservative Republican does not believe that the government can do a better job of labeling beef than the free enterprise system.

A conservative Republican does not believe that the government has to mandate who can and who cannot own cattle (OCM supported Johnson Amendment).

A conservative Republican does not believe that the government needs to regulate how cattle are sold based on an unsupported market manipulation conspiracy theory.

A conservative Republican does not believe that the government needs to mandate price reporting when prices were being reported voluntarily before.

A conservative Republican does not believe that large successful packers are inherently evil just because they are large and successful. Resentment towards large successful corporations is a typical democratic platform.

You may be conservative on other issues OCM but when it comes to beef industry issues, you are clearly leaning to the left as is OCM.

What party predominantly supported the above mentioned government mandates? DEMS

What party predominantely opposed the above mentioned government mandates? REPUBS

The obvious is obvious!

Nobody can call themselves a conservative and support these "PLEASE GOVERNMENT, SAVE US FROM OURSELVES" mandates.

~SH~

The resolutions that I was commended for addressed some of these very cattle market issues. So did some of the discussion at the meeting that was complimented.

Just a question. If labelling beef is not a conservative position, why do so-called conservatives continue to allow any mandatory labelling of any kind. Why are they not lobbying for the repeal of all mandatory labelling laws. Are the anti-COOL people just a bunch of self interested pragmatic egotistical opportunistic hypocrites.

Have you noticed (and you may be the rare exception here) that most who are opposed to mandatory COOL are in favor of mandatory national ID. That would include the NCBA. Does that mean it's not conservative?

Do you believe the regulators of Wall Street are not pro-business conservatives? They already have the regulations we are asking for in the cattle market. If they are "socialistic" in the cattle market, then why not repeal them on Wall Street?

Who supported big business in the Kelo decision--LIBS
Who is Tyson's best friend--A DEM

You are very inconsistent in applying your "conservative" principles.

Latest posts