• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Shortgrass needs our prayers

Help Support Ranchers.net:

leanin' H

Reaction score
I received a PM from Shortgrass's sweet wife telling me about an accident he had. I put it here in ranch talk so as many folks as possible can see it. For those new here, Shortgrass ranches in Colorado and always keeps our spirits lifted. For years he posted a Good Sunday Morning Post with words of encouragement from scripture. He is as fine a man as I know and I am honored to call him a friend! Please keep him and his family in your prayers. I will call them tonight and report back if we can do anything else. Here's the pm....

leanin' H I am so not familiar with sending messages on Ranchers, but since you sent this message to Clyde and I was able to open it, I thought I would let you know that Clyde was in a terrible accident on Wed. evening 3/5. He was putting a large bale into feeder for heifers. Got careless and he admits it, but long story short, half the big square fell on him. He has a broken pelvis at the sacrum and it spread his pelvis apart in front where there is just ligaments that holds it together, those of course were torn. His blatter was also torn. He has had surgery on pelvis (two 6-7" screws put in the back of pelvis). In front two posts put in pelvic bone one on each side and has an apparatice with two bars connected to those posts, that cross each other in front that holds the pelvis in place. He will be in this gear for 2 -3 months and no weight on left leg as that was the side the pelvis was broken. Very little weight on right, only to move from one thing to another. You can post something on Ranchers to let all his friends know. We are so blessed to have so many good friends and family to help us out. We are also very gratefull to God for sparing his life and sparing him from being paralized. Long road to recovery but lt least he will recover. Thanks to God.

That's terrible news...I got to meet Shortgrass in person at the NCBA convention just a month ago. We had a very good visit. Sending prayers.

Prayers and well wishes. Accidents happen so fast and take so long to recover from. Get well soon.

That is awful news, but thanks 'H for putting us in the loop. Prayers for a speedy recovery.

Sending prayers for a complete recovery Shortgrass.

You have been on my mind the last few days as I was re-reading
Some of your Sunday morning posts. I looked forward to reading them every week.

Thanks for the post H.

Just got off the phone after a grand visit with Mrs. Shortgrass. I gotta say they are fine, fine folks. :D Shortgrass has had surgery and is now in rehab in order to get healed up. He may check in with us in the days to come from his smart phone. I will let him tell his story but it sounds like he was blessed to not be paralyzed or killed. They have wonderful neighbors who have jumped in to calve their cattle and take care of things while he heals. Insurance should cover most costs but I volunteered us (Ranchers.net folks) if they need help covering stuff that falls through the cracks. If they need us, they will let us know and we can get the ball rolling. All in all, Shortgrass ought to heal up with the good Lord's help and good doctors and nurses.

I hope we all can take the time to tell folks how much we appreciate them. Life can be a challenge and end pretty quick. Be safe out there in your travels and while working and playing. Hugs your kids and kiss your spouse. And talk the Lord's ear off of an evening thanking Him for all we have. Shortgrass is like a lot of you fine people here......the best friends I have never met! Take care and God Bless

Prayers going out from the sticks too. Wishing you as speedy a recovery as the Lord will allow Shortgrass.

Thanks for letting us know H.

Latest posts