• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Sitz Value 7097

Help Support Ranchers.net:

How about Copy right my husband just asked me if I knew anything about him and all I could tell him was he is advertised real heavy.

Gizmom

I've got daughters coming with their 3rd calves. They are very femine in our herd. We never got any son's other than one and it was out of a marginal cow that should have been bull bred we cut him. I've got 10 head AI'ed to him right now for march calves. We also have 10 straws of semen on him. I may buy some more if my rep can get more you want some.

I wonder if he's cleared for Canada still. I looked at LT's catalogue he seems to have a lot of older daughters kicking around. He's the kind of good old ugly bulls that I kind of like. The old 340 cows lasted longer than a person thought they should-my first trip to Stevenson's Wayne showed me a big bunch of them.

Sorry Northern Rancher, I honestly don't know a thing about the 7097 bull. I guess that is what the thread was supposed to be about lol! My husband tells me that sometimes I am single minded.....huh imagine that lol!

Gizmom

Yeah that picture of him in the Old Genex catalog does'nt do him any justice.The photo of him on LT website he's looks pretty good.Alot of their top bulls are out of daughters now.

He is a good old cow maker bull. There are alot of bulls that have more style and growth but he will sire cows that will stick around.

http://www.ltranch.com/angus/sires/7097.html

Of all the places that I've sold semen from Thiel's is the one plave that there's never been much negative feedback on the cattle.

He's got that good ole' 3 Bar Spike in his pedigree. Lots of cowmakers
throughout. I like the pedigree.

We have a friend in Iowa that order buys calves in our area and he attends the LT sale every year. He's relayed that he is very impressed with the cattle and the people.

I bought some of the last 7097 Genex had a few years ago. I would get ahold of LT to see if they have any. He made some really soggy calves. I must of got Denny's bull calves because that is about all I got out of him.

NR, my cousins who I buy my commercial bulls from used him a year or two. I bought one of his sons about 5 years ago. My cousin said and I quote, "Maybe the most impressive Angus bulls I''ve ever seen." This is from a cowman with a very critical and good eye for cattle. His son was quite a looker. Deep, thick, lots of capacity and not much frame. I always thought they might use him again but I'm not sure if they ever did. I'll have to ask him. They use a bull once and if his daughters don't pan out they keep looking. Maybe that was the problem? Maybe I can get him to post and get his insight.

I found a smidgeon of the drippings up here. Alta Genetics had another good honest old bull Pioneer 701 of EAR-they just dumped the semen on him so we could market the EPD wunderkinds.

Latest posts