• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Subsidies

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Do you consider the US cattle industry to be subsidized?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
PS what do you make of this..http://www.oecd.org/dataoecd/34/15/35331537.pdf

2002 - 2004 data proves what?

that during the height of BSE Canada supported its producers slightly more than the USA supports its producers on a typical year.

A far cry from your previous statement

Haymaker
It's a fact Mexico and canada,are many times more subsidized than the American producers

might as well admit you are wrong and move on to other misinformation

elwapo said:

that during the height of BSE Canada supported its producers slightly more than the USA supports its producers on a typical year.

Haymaker
It's a fact Mexico and canada,are many times more subsidized than the American producers

No I think I think I have proven my point,and the "BSE" subsidy would still be in place if the NFU diid'nt raise hell,and you know it...........good luck.

HAY MAKER said:
elwapo said:

Haymaker

No I think I think I have proven my point,and the "BSE" subsidy would still be in place if the NFU diid'nt raise hell,and you know it...........good luck.

Oh Haymaker give it up ya tx crybaby!! :evil: That BSE subsidy you talk about wasnt going to continue and you damn well know it!!

I just sit back and laugh when I hear Canucks complain about US's subsidized cattle, farm, and grain industry-- while at the same time they whine and cry the hardest screaming its their "right" to be in that US system....They want to be involved with the US and the world until you mention to them something about world politics, or doing their fair share keeping that US, international, and global trade free and available- then 90% pull a Bob_Fraggle and say "we're not into world politics" or "we don't want to get envolved with this global issue" :roll: ......

But at the same time they are saying "PEACE BROTHER, PEACE" they all want to ship their wheat, beef, pork, lumber, etc. into a "free world trade" that the US taxpayer spends billions $ yearly on keeping free- not wanting to even lift a finger in helping to keep that market free...

As far as I'm concerned the US taxpayer has been subsidizing Canada and its industries for the last 25-30 years......

Oldtimer said:
I just sit back and laugh when I hear Canucks complain about US's subsidized cattle, farm, and grain industry-- while at the same time they whine and cry the hardest screaming its their "right" to be in that US system....They want to be involved with the US and the world until you mention to them something about world politics, or doing their fair share keeping that US, international, and global trade free and available- then 90% pull a Bob_Fraggle and say "we're not into world politics" or "we don't want to get envolved with this global issue" :roll: ......

But at the same time they are saying "PEACE BROTHER, PEACE" they all want to ship their wheat, beef, pork, lumber, etc. into a "free world trade" that the US taxpayer spends billions $ yearly on keeping free- not wanting to even lift a finger in helping to keep that market free...

As far as I'm concerned the US taxpayer has been subsidizing Canada and its industries for the last 25-30 years......

No Canadians were complaining about anything in this thread until Hayseed started whining away in his usual attempt to divert the subject. We were enjoying watching those who seem to disagree with the 3 Amigos on subsidies, Then you come along after seeing you lost your "we aren't subsidised" arguement and decide to pound away at Canada some more?

Mention something to us about "world politics"? US taxpayer subsidizing Canadian industries? Whose high horse are you stuck on? Why don't you get a passport sew a Maple Leaf on your jacket and go out and actually see some of the world that you think :roll: you're such an expert on!

Heck Bill,

If OT was to see this beautiful country of ours he wouldnt want to go back to sand dunes of Montana :roll:

"Do you consider the US cattle industry to be subsidised"THAT WAS THE QUESTION....hmmm,lets turn it around into yet another Canadian bashing thread,pitiful!! :evil:

Maybe a couple of you,you know who you are should get your facts straight before pulling us into your bull-shite sessions :roll:

Mrs.Greg said:
"Do you consider the US cattle industry to be subsidised"THAT WAS THE QUESTION....hmmm,lets turn it around into yet another Canadian bashing thread,pitiful!! :evil:

Maybe a couple of you,you know who you are should get your facts straight before pulling us into your bull-shite sessions :roll:

Could you be talking about Old timer? Dont let that guy get ya down,he has a hate on for Canada.Maybe it has to do with a spurned love or something. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

oldtimer

You pompous old piece of dog dung

Canadian boys are dying weekly in Afghanistan in support of your war on terror and in support of your free world.

You can judge the character of a man or country by how they treat people they dont need.

Mrs. Greg- I brought it over here on this thread because I didn't feel right arguing on the Everything Else board- and after Mr. Frappies made a couple of his comments- it needed to be done...And since not a Canadian spoke up to Mr.Flappies I can assume that his posts are a general consensus of Canucks....

Actually Mr. Frappies- I kind of like you...Your posts on the Everything Else post were quite honest for a Canadian- and proved what I've been saying and most other Canucks on here arguing against me for months...The US and Canada are two different countries- they are not the same...Some Canucks on here want to makeus believe it so, so they can get back on the US gravy train selling beef- but they aren't....

The truth is they have very different political and social makeups and that is why the playing field for competition will never be equal...The US is funding the freedom of world trade while Canada, like many other countries sit back and ride on the US taxpayers shirttails.....

And as I noticed on the Everything Else board- the facts are unchallangeable- its happening...Even many in parliament are embarassed...What did they call Canada's participation "ABYSMAL"...
But the sad thing is that Canada has allowed it to continue now for 25-30 years...

And then I see another Canuck this morning has the gall to make a post about how the US can't have M-COOL because its a WTO violation and wouldn't be playing fair....Flat BS........

Care to elaborate how M-cool follows fair trade rules?

R-calf mentality hates that Canadians have figured out how to compete even when we don't get a level playing field.

All we ask is that we get treated with the same rules expected of your own industry.

If you want imported cattle all marked, domestic cattle need to be marked as well.

You don't trust the packers to be honest unless it is with a label? What stops them from labeling younger Canadian beef as product of the US? The unmarked US cattle could easilly be labled as the missing imported product.

Either you have a consistant stance or you don't have a clue. Since R-calf is anything but consistant, it must be they don't have a clue.

Jason said:

R-calf mentality hates that Canadians have figured out how to compete even when we don't get a level playing field.

All we ask is that we get treated with the same rules expected of your own industry.

If you want imported cattle all marked, domestic cattle need to be marked as well.

You don't trust the packers to be honest unless it is with a label? What stops them from labeling younger Canadian beef as product of the US? The unmarked US cattle could easilly be labled as the missing imported product.

Either you have a consistant stance or you don't have a clue. Since R-calf is anything but consistant, it must be they don't have a clue.

Jason- most the world has M-COOL- and each runs their system a little differently- but Canada should not be telling the US how to run theirs, within our own countries borders...If you don't like it take your meat somewhere else and market it, would be my answer...

Another point Mr. Frappies was quite right about in his previous posts-- the US citizens are chest puffers and chest pounders- we are proud of our country- and many are proud of what our own countrymen produce....That is the reason I think the US beef industry has missed a great opportunity to identify and sell US beef in the 5 years following 9/11...

Bob_Frapples said:
Mrs.Greg said:

Could you be talking about Old timer? Dont let that guy get ya down,he has a hate on for Canada.Maybe it has to do with a spurned love or something. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Although OT was one of the ones I was talking about,basically I like the guy,every where BUT bull section...

The one problam with OT is he doesn't give Canadians any respect when it comes to our industry or our soldiers....and it REALLY annoys me when a normal thread gets turned into a them Damn Canadians thread... as for the other one I WAS talking to..he is a piece of dog dung...on every thread!!!

I think you might find this site interesting.
I believe its a Canadian site.

http://www.witiger.com/internationalbusiness/subsidies.htm

This is not bashing or choosing sides in this discussion! It is being posted for your information only! It talks about the subsidies in agriculture, auto's, airlines, etc. It might answer a few questions.
Forgive me if its already been posted. I have been unable to read the forum for awhile & am just catching up. Hope you all are doing well!

Jason said:

We don't need to mark domestic if imported are marked. If you have a jar of 100 marbles with 95 black and 5 white and you need to seperate them, do you pick out the 95 black or the 5 white? Lets use a little common sense here.

Sorry to of chased you out of "everything else"old timer,still cant believe you turned and ran,actually i can believe it.Your gutless in how you behave,name calling like a child and when wrong run rather then admit it.You really are an embarrassment to your country,a whiner and complainer.You never answer questions posed to you.The only reason I think you worth typing to is I picture you getting all red faced and pissed off at me.At least i hope so.Enjoy your day Old timer :) :wink: :)

Frappies

Sorry to of chased you out of "everything else"old timer,still cant believe you turned and ran

Dream on :lol: :lol: I see your post is full of intelligent facts :wink: :lol: :lol: The argument belongs on here or political bull- not the everything else thread- but since you have returned no argument :wink:

Mrs. Greg
The one problam with OT is he doesn't give Canadians any respect when it comes to our industry or our soldiers....and it REALLY annoys me when a normal thread gets turned into a them Damn Canadians thread...

Mrs. Greg- I have all the respect for your soldiers and military(whats left of them)-- altho I sympathize with them for the ill equipped state Canadian citizens have allowed them to become... :(

I directed this at Canadians because it was a Canadian poster that called the US "a country of war and destruction"- and it is usually Canadian posters that complain about the US subsidies on here.... But this could fit many other nations of the world...Japan has been one the most evident of recent times- bellyaching about all kinds of free trade- but then on July 4th when the Communist Koreans flexed their arms and did missile tests, Japan was the first one begging for a US Carrier task force to protect their rears so they could send us more radios and TV's :roll: .....

It has long been one of my pet peeves- I ,the US taxpayer, directly subsidize half the nations of the world- thru a million different foreign aid programs-- even to the extent of building up competing industries in some, including beef and crop production...And indirectly subsidize the rest of the world with our strong defense policy which allows this free trade system to exist- and then these same countries have the gall to turn around and scream FOUL- ILLEGAL TRADE- UNFAIR SUBSIDIES....Just as a Canuck, Jason, immediately starts telling us how we can't label OUR beef in OUR country for OUR consumers.....THATS BULL PUCKEY...

Paul Harvey today called them our "so called allies"...I call them our "Fair weather friends"- when things are great or if its in their benefit financially they are our best buddies- but the day we ask for help they run for their holes- or as our trading partners Canada and Mexico did- stab us in the back......

Too bad we didn't have M-COOL the day Chretien and Fox stabbed Bush in the back at the UN...

Mrs.Greg said:
Bob_Frapples said:
Mrs.Greg said:

Although OT was one of the ones I was talking about,basically I like the guy,every where BUT bull section...

The one problam with OT is he doesn't give Canadians any respect when it comes to our industry or our soldiers....and it REALLY annoys me when a normal thread gets turned into a them Damn Canadians thread... as for the other one I WAS talking to..he is a piece of dog dung...on every thread!!!

Canadians get the respect they deserve,we have some fine canadian ranchers posting this board,I would say they are as honest and trustworthy as any American,with that said we also have some that can not dispute facts and start the name calling,and lieing,male or female if you are a name calling two bit liar,canadian or American........you get no respect,and you are the one that is a lieing you are a two bit slut....................good luck
PS sorry you are pushing me to your level but,.......STOP THE NAME CALLING AND STICK TO THE FACTS.

Latest posts