• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Subsidies

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Do you consider the US cattle industry to be subsidized?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
HAY MAKER said:
Mrs.Greg said:
Bob_Frapples said:
Could you be talking about Old timer? Dont let that guy get ya down,he has a hate on for Canada.Maybe it has to do with a spurned love or something. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Although OT was one of the ones I was talking about,basically I like the guy,every where BUT bull section...

The one problam with OT is he doesn't give Canadians any respect when it comes to our industry or our soldiers....and it REALLY annoys me when a normal thread gets turned into a them Damn Canadians thread... as for the other one I WAS talking to..he is a piece of dog dung...on every thread!!!

Canadians get the respect they deserve,we have some fine canadian ranchers posting this board,I would say they are as honest and trustworthy as any American,with that said we also have some that can not dispute facts and start the name calling,and lieing,male or female if you are a name calling two bit liar,canadian or American........you get no respect,and you are the one that is a lieing you are a two bit slut....................good luck
PS sorry you are pushing me to your level but,.......STOP THE NAME CALLING AND STICK TO THE FACTS.
Just want to make sure you don't delete this one Haymaker,like you do the other ones,then innocently say it didn't happen.....piece of advice Hay ...stay away from the whiskey!!!

don said:
at least now we know who is dog dung. that one might stick.

I think we all know who the dog dung is cheap name caller is,as I have called you down on your 4 letter words more than once,why dont you give the name calling and profanity a break,you can make your point without it................good luck

dig around in the archives and show us all the profanity i've used. it should keepyou busy but it won't do any good.

HAY MAKER said:
don said:

I think we all know who the dog dung is cheap name caller is,as I have called you down on your 4 letter words more than once,why dont you give the name calling and profanity a break,you can make your point without it................good luck

You sure lack class hay maker.Not a gentleman at all,do you drink booze and come on here spewing?Just asking not implying,trying to understand you is all.As for name calling your right hand man Old timer does it all the time,so peel some of your mean spirits on to him too.You should apologize to Mrs, Greg for saying such a thing as you did.Your not a piece of dog dung ,more like a chicken **** with no respect to women .

Bob_Frapples said:
HAY MAKER said:
don said:

You sure lack class hay maker.Not a gentleman at all,do you drink booze and come on here spewing?Just asking not implying,trying to understand you is all.As for name calling your right hand man Old timer does it all the time,so peel some of your mean spirits on to him too.You should apologize to Mrs, Greg for saying such a thing as you did.Your not a piece of dog dung ,more like a chicken s*** with no respect to women .

Bob,with all due respect you have made a total of 25 posts,most with name calling,that needs to stop,respect is reserved for the folks that deserve it,that includes women,some use the fact they are female to lie and name call, believeing it gives them imunity,they are an embarassment to a good woman.............good luck

I don't think ranchers get subsidies however they do get government handouts at times of strain on their business.

When a subsidy becomes a government program, its value is figured into a producer's production loan. The producer then becomes a conduit for money to support the supply industry and reduce lender risk. The producer still operates on low margins with a profit or lose depending on their management skill compared to the average.

RobertMac said:
When a subsidy becomes a government program, its value is figured into a producer's production loan. The producer then becomes a conduit for money to support the supply industry and reduce lender risk. The producer still operates on low margins with a profit or lose depending on their management skill compared to the average.

I'm not to sure about that here. A few years back when the cattle operation I'm a part of got a drought assistance check (so much per head) the banker never asked about it and we could do whatever we wanted with it. Just a check made out sign it on the back and cash cash cash. Some I do think bought feed and such while I do know of at least one person who made his brand new 4 door pickup payment with it.

RobertMac said:

RM - you nailed this issue perfectly. While the check might be made out to the producer, the only benefit he or she actually receives is to be able to stay in business.

The true beneficiaries are the commercials and the consumers, who have the luxury of plentiful, cheap, cheap raw product and food.

What I find most disturbing about this scenario is that the industries that use our commodities are little more than pimps who take full advantage of our ability and apparent willingness to continue producing an excellent, reliable supply at a price that does not reflect our true cost.

And on the consumer side of the equation - well, they are totally immersed in their conditioned belief that they deserve to go to the store day after day, year after year, generation after generation, and find the shelves full of the best and cheapest supply of food in the whole world.

All the while, they show almost no understanding or gratitude for the ones who ensure this abundant supply for their consumption.

So that is why I got off of the treadmill of mainstream thinking and production. I refuse to be a slave to a system whose appreciation for my contribution is forgotten as soon as they burp after supper.

I will long remember the comment made years ago by my Dad's cousin from Northern New York State when they were discussing farm economics. His solution was quite simple - "Let the bastards starve!" How do you like that for succinct expression of his thoughts?

Can you maybe tell that this has been a burr under the blanket for me?

Mike...Row crop grain farmers have been getting the bulk of subsidies for years.

Can you tell us how they work Mike? I mean explain how the farmers get subsidized?

Latest posts