• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Sunday ride

Help Support Ranchers.net:

LazyWP

Reaction score
Went for a ride Sunday morning. Mainly to check part of a pasture that is hard to get to in a vehicle, but partly just to ride. Took the cammera along to show you what I get to enjoy most everyday.Had to cross the river right off. Started on a sandbar.

sandbar.jpg

My version of "Foot prints in the Sand"

footprintsinthesand.jpg

In my haste to try to beat the heat, I forgot to apply bug repellant to Frog.

DeerFlies.jpg

Deer Flies were chewing him up. Some kind of bug was after Squeek too, while we got a breather before heading up a TALL SOFT hill.

tallhill.jpg

Part way up needed to stop for another breather. Cinch was trying to find shade in the Sagebrush.

Cinchandsagebrush-1.jpg

The view from the top.

ViewfromtheTop.jpg

Squeek surveying the valley.

Squeeksurveyingthevalley.jpg

Back down along the river we have an abundance of fruit this year. A few Plums.

plums.jpg

LOTS of Grapes.

grapes.jpg

The vines are hard on trees, and will unload a person off their horse in a hurry.

grapecollapse.jpg

Grapevinetangle.jpg

Lots of ChokeCherries, that are about ready for picking if anyone wants them.

ChokeCherries.jpg

We cheated on the way home and crossed the "foot/ sidekick" bridge. Its only 6 feet wide. That is why I drive a Suzki Sidekick for a ranch vehicle.

Critterscrossingthebridge.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the ride as much as I did.

That was a rather enjoyable Monday morning tour for me. There looks to be a forest on the other side of the river. Is it a different type of soil over there?

per said:
That was a rather enjoyable Monday morning tour for me. There looks to be a forest on the other side of the river. Is it a different type of soil over there?

That and one other hill are the only areas on the whole ranch where we have Sagebrush. Must be a different type of soil, but you couldn't prove it by me. I should have taken a picture of the area where I had come from. Its mainly forested too. Where I took the pictures of the grapes and such is all at the base of the the hill.

Latest posts