• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Superbowl predictions

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Cam needs to learn from this, and mature. his obvious lack to go after a loose ball says a LOT about his character. I was very disappointed in him. most of the season, when he gave TD balls to the kids in the stands, a $1000 fine every time, I was impressed by him...the great Emmitt Smith hoarded each ball like a jerk..... you make millions, give back a bit to the fans!

I really like Newton. I like the celebrations when they are playing good. Football is a game and he made the fans more excited. However no excuse at all for his actions in post game presser. If people don't shake hands that's one thing but the press conference gave him time enough to compose himself. He reminded me of back in kids wrestling. There was always at least one kid at every tournament that was kicking everyone behind for X amount of the year winning X amount of matches in a row laughing and poking fun at everyone who's not winning. He'd Get caught in a cow catcher and pinned by a tough nose kid he's beat 5 times but not taken seriously. Then he's bawling before even gets to center mat. You'd think by the time you're the mvp in the nfl you would be past that.

loomixguy said:
Mike, you have any thoughts on the things your boy DID do during and after the game rather than concentrate on what he DIDN'T (supposedly) do a few years before the game?

I never said Cam should give Auburn's money back..... I said his daddy should. I'm sure they had the best people money could buy investigating.

You brought it up, Einstein. :roll: By saying his daddy should give Auburn's money back tells me you no nothing about what happened before, during, or after the investigation. Quit lying and talk about subjects you know something about. :lol:

3 M L & C said:
I really like Newton. However no excuse at all for his actions in post game presser. If people don't shake hands that's one thing but the press conference gave him time enough to compose himself.

Exactly what did he do wrong at the presser? Was it that he refused to talk over one of the opposing players speaking loudly in the same room during Cam's presser? Did he not give credit to the other team for making plays? Did he not admit to the mistakes made by the team in the game? Did he not say the panthers just got outplayed?

Mike said:
loomixguy said:
Mike, you have any thoughts on the things your boy DID do during and after the game rather than concentrate on what he DIDN'T (supposedly) do a few years before the game?

I never said Cam should give Auburn's money back..... I said his daddy should. I'm sure they had the best people money could buy investigating.

You brought it up, Einstein. :roll: By saying his daddy should give Auburn's money back tells me you no nothing about what happened before, during, or after the investigation. Quit lying and talk about subjects you know something about. :lol:

Well, I do understand the difference between "no" and "know", Einstein. Must be that there high quality southern edumacation.

Plus, I could give a steaming cow pie less what happened with Cam, his Daddy, Auburn, the NCAA, the SEC, the FBI, or anything else concerning that scandal. The fact that your panties instantly got in a wad over this tells me that something untoward happend. Like I said, I'm sure the investigators were the best that money could buy.

Now stop mimicking your pal from up north by attempting to change the subject and splain MVP's actions or lack of during the game and at the press conference.

Mike said:
3 M L & C said:
I really like Newton. However no excuse at all for his actions in post game presser. If people don't shake hands that's one thing but the press conference gave him time enough to compose himself.

Exactly what did he do wrong at the presser? Was it that he refused to talk over one of the opposing players speaking loudly in the same room during Cam's presser? Did he not give credit to the other team for making plays? Did he not admit to the mistakes made by the team in the game? Did he not say the panthers just got outplayed?

Seriously??? Are you telling me if that was your kid you wouldn't have called him up with a few choice words? He's a "professional athlete" he should act like one. He pouted like a spoiled brat mike just admit it.

:agree:

The thing is, Cam can't go anywhere & order ice cream with sprinkles now. Cause we all know that sprinkles are for WINNERS!

3 M L & C said:
Mike said:
3 M L & C said:

Seriously??? Are you telling me if that was your kid you wouldn't have called him up with a few choice words? He's a "professional athlete" he should act like one. He pouted like a spoiled brat mike just admit it.

Quarterback Cam Newton kept his postgame comments short Sunday, with the disappointment from the Carolina Panthers' 24-10 loss to the Denver Broncos in the Super Bowl still fresh (reporters' questions italicized when they could be heard).

What's your message to Panthers fans?
"We'll be back."

[Carolina coach] Ron [Rivera] said Denver two years ago had a tough time and they bounced back. Do you take that to heart?
"No."

Can you put a finger on why Carolina didn't play the way it normally plays?
"Got outplayed."

Is there a reason why?
"Got outplayed, bro."

Was it pretty much what you had seen on film from Denver? Anything different they put in for this game?
"Nothing different."

Do we sometimes forget that defenses can still take apart the offenses in this game?
"No."

What did Ron Rivera say after the game?
"He told us a lot of things."

Anything in particular that was memorable?
"Nope."

Obviously you're disappointed. On the biggest stage it's difficult, I know.
[nods head]

Did you see anything that you didn't expect tonight?
"They just played better than us. I don't know what you want me to say. They made more plays than us, and that's what it comes down to. We had our opportunities. It wasn't nothing special that they did. We dropped balls, we turned the ball over, gave up sacks, threw errant passes. That's it. They scored more points than us."

Can you put into words the disappointment you feel right now?
"We lost."

Did Denver change anything defensively to take away your running lanes?
"No."

I know you're disappointed not just for yourself, but for your teammates. It's got to be real tough.
[shakes head] "I'm done, man."

Why, if you live in a country where you are paid tens of millions of dollars to play a GAME, wouldn't you pay some respect for those who gave their lives so you could enjoy your lifestyle by placing your right hand over your heart when the National Anthem is being played? I could tell you why, but Mike might vapor lock.

I see where Michael Oher of "The Blind Side" fame is now blaming the turf for being too slick, causing Carolina's loss and Cam's inability to be effective during SB50. Wasn't Denver playing on the exact same field? Maybe they had magic cleats Carolina didn't know about?

N1**@, please.

Left tackle appears to be skating backwards:

http://thesportsdaily.com/michael-oher-slid-backwards-during-play-in-super-bowl-50/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=michael-oher-slid-backwards-during-play-in-super-bowl-50

Or: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT6h70k5UC0

So nobody playing for Denver had footing problems?

The vast Bronco conspiracy to keep Carolina from winning.......geeezus...

Levi Stadium has always had turf problems.
Field issues at Levi's Stadium are in the spotlight again after a Baltimore Ravens kicker slipped during a field goal attempt during Sunday's game against the San Francisco 49ers.

Ravens kicker Justin Tucker was attempting to pull his team within three points of the 49ers on Sunday when he slipped during his kick attempt. The video of the attempt shows a chunk of turf giving way.

Sunday's incident is another divot on a field full of issues.

During the preseason the 49ers were forced to move its open practice off the turf due to "poor field conditions." The team said in May it plans to re-sod the field seven or eight times before playing host to Super Bowl 50 in February.

"There's not enough time to get the grass to root properly and thoroughly to get stability," said Henry Wilksinson, a turf expert who has helped build fields at many Major League Baseball stadiums.

Wilkinson said there is a break-in period of one to two years for new stadiums, but does not think the grass should be replaced often as it is.

"I don't want to say it's a management issue," Wilkinson said. "These are very complicated issues, but I do believe there's a solution."

Wilkinson said thicker sod and finding the right materials to lay the turf can help.

49ers Head Coach Jim Tomsula on Monday was asked about the playing surface and said he was "very satisfied with the field."

Others said it is time for a change.

"Either they should go to artificial turf or find some better grass," San Jose-resident Mike Laskowitz said.

NBC Bay Area reached out to the National Football League to see if Sunday's incident raises any concerns for Super Bowl 50. League officials in response said they replace the turf before every Super Bowl.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25480033/look-the-levis-stadium-field-was-like-an-ice-skating-rink-for-super-bowl-50

Levi Stadium Turf causing problems again:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/02/07/levis-stadium-turf-again-causing-problems-during-super-bowl-50/

Losers make excuses. Winners adapt, improvise, and overcome.

I suppose it was forty degrees colder for Carolina that night than it was for Denver, too.

Denver Broncos outside linebacker Von Miller said he broke an NFL rule during Super Bowl 50 after knocking the football away from Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton on Feb. 7.

Miller, who was the game's MVP, told Peter King for his Monday column on the MMQB web site that he batted the football toward the end zone to help the Broncos recover the fumble.

Newton has been widely panned for failing to dive on the loose ball. But when Miller got into the scramble, the former Auburn quarterback was on the ground and nearly had his hands on the football. That's when Miller knocked the ball away with a lightning sweep of his left arm.

"I was being held for a minute, so I couldn't get to the ball right away," Miller told King. "I thought Cam was going to jump on it, but I guess, I mean, he didn't want to dive down there on it. I couldn't fall on it, so I was just trying to, I don't know, get it to one of our guys."

Denver outside linebacker DeMarcus Ware nearly came up with the fumble initially, but Carolina center Ryan Kalil jumped on him just as the former Troy standout was about to corral the ball. That's when Newton had his shot at it, but Miller intervened.

It's illegal for a defensive player to bat the ball back toward the goal line. Referee Clete Blakeman was behind Miller when the bat occurred, and he then almost got bowled over by players pursuing the bouncing ball.

Denver safety T.J. Ward recovered the football at the Panthers' 4-yard line. Running back C.J. Anderson scored on a 2-yard run with 3:08 left in the game. The Broncos went for 2 after the touchdown, and Peyton Manning completed a pass to give Denver a 24-10 lead, setting the final score of the game.

Newton should have read the whole book on joe willie. He got the bragging and trash talking down about right, but if he'd read the second half of the book he'd read the part about actually winning. Talking crap and losing, he doesn't need orange hair and a red ball nose.

Brad S said:
Newton should have read the whole book on joe willie. He got the bragging and trash talking down about right, but if he'd read the second half of the book he'd read the part about actually winning. Talking crap and losing, he doesn't need orange hair and a red ball nose.

A joke right? You might need to look up another book he needs to read on "actually winning". Joe Willie lost more games than he won while a pro.

I'd like to hear some of this "talking crap" & "bragging" you speak of.........................and I thought everyone was mad about Cam not saying enough at his presser? :roll:

Self proclaimed superman and you ask me what? Next you want to see if I'll discuss if poop stinks?

I'm not mad about the presser - I would be if he was my kid, or I cared about him or hadn't already gotten him figured out. For me the presser was a yawner. Was anyone shocked? No. We all have free will, and what we do with it defines us. You know if Gayle Sayers was quiet at the presser it's cause he's just quiet - like he always was.

As for joe willie, you already know the point and your changing the subject to all time wins or color of horses only indicates your acceptance of the point.

Latest posts