• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Texans???

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grassfarmer said:
It would seem spelling and writing in proper sentences is the least of the problems in Texas :shock: :shock: Ever heard of racism ?? :roll:

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
LOL what did you get....a towel head? Oh man the other day while I was tryin to deal with the cable company....I got hold of one, I swear I could NOT understand a word he said. Finally I gave up, hung up, called back in hopes of gettin someone that could speak english. I did....but ended up havin to call back once again.......

I told Mr Lilly what had happened. He said..."Let me take care of it" hahaha next thing I know he's sittin at my kitchen bar...with a towel wrapped around his head, on the phone with the cable company. I had to leave the room I was laughin so hard.

He later said, "Well....I thought maybe if I had a towel on my head it might help me understand what they were sayin better"

Ever heard of a sense of humor.

Denny said:
Grassfarmer said:
It would seem spelling and writing in proper sentences is the least of the problems in Texas :shock: :shock: Ever heard of racism ?? :roll:

LOL what did you get....a towel head? Oh man the other day while I was tryin to deal with the cable company....I got hold of one, I swear I could NOT understand a word he said. Finally I gave up, hung up, called back in hopes of gettin someone that could speak english. I did....but ended up havin to call back once again.......

I told Mr Lilly what had happened. He said..."Let me take care of it" hahaha next thing I know he's sittin at my kitchen bar...with a towel wrapped around his head, on the phone with the cable company. I had to leave the room I was laughin so hard.

He later said, "Well....I thought maybe if I had a towel on my head it might help me understand what they were sayin better"

Yeah - have you ever heard of racially offensive? :roll:

Denny said:
Grassfarmer said:

Thank YOU Denny!

Grassfarmer said:
Denny said:
Grassfarmer said:

Yes i have. Do i care, NO!! :twisted:

RobinFarmandRanch said:
Grassfarmer said:
Denny said:

Grassfarmer said:
The thought of only having Nilssons here scares me.

This is from another thread, but it is a direct quote from Grassfarmer.

Undoubtedly the name Nilsson is Swedish. Looks to me like this is being racially offensive to Swedes.

By substituting "towel heads" for "Nilssons" you would consider the same sentence racially offensive. As in "The thought of only having towel heads here scares me."

Looks like the pot might be calling the kettle black. :wink:

Soapweed said:
RobinFarmandRanch said:
Grassfarmer said:

Grassfarmer said:

Undoubtedly the name Nilsson is Swedish. Looks to me like this is being racially offensive to Swedes.

By substituting "towel heads" for "Nilssons" you would consider the same sentence racially offensive. As in "The thought of only having towel heads here scares me."

I'm disappointed in you Soapweed, that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen you post on here. What I was complaining about was the derogatory term used to describe people of the muslim religion. Nilssons are a meat processing company and using their name in that context was entirely proper - in no way does it relate to either their nationality, religion or ethnicity.
I just find it a bit of a double standard on this site where many like to espouse their religion that it is considered acceptable to ridicule and denegrate members of another religion based on their clothing.

hillsdown said:
TexasBred said:
leanin' H said:
I'm impressed that Texans can write in whole sentences and even spell correctly! :wink: :p Just trickin'! I have no buisness teasing anyone about proper english! :wink:

wife posted on my name.

That is why all of your posts lately are so intellectual and completely comprehensible.. :wink: :p :lol:

You noticed...I told her not to do it "too good".

Good people are human, too, Grassfarmer.

There is a great deal of frustration with the political correctness in this country that has caused some of our government officials to give SOME people of 'different' religions a pass which most likely resulted in the murder of 13 people at a military base in TX very recently, and probably has also very likely compromised the security of even more of our citizens, even our military bases.

Anyone who is 'against' Christian denominations and sects seems to get a pass on their behavior.

Just which religions have, in modern history, been more accepting, or at least tolerant, other religions, even those sworn to kill Christians and/or 'absorb' the religion out of existence.

Which other religion has done more, spent more, sacrificed more of their PERSONAL resources and time to help people of ALL races, cultures, religions, here and in their own nations, to end slavery (indluding where rival tribes sold others of their own races into slavery, and still do so) to improve their life circumstances, whether those circumstances were self generated (de-generated!), or imposed upon them by opposing tribes/religions (other than Christianity??? All this has gone on for generations, even centuries since majorities of people finally became aware and convinced that slavery is wrong, no matter where, who, or what it involves.

AND it is happening yet, according to a story in a recent Rapid City Journal about a woman, apparently not of 'European descent' who tricked young women to come to the USA to work in her hair salons doing complex braids in hair, and charging them exhorbitant rates for their coming here, room, board, and anything else imagineable.

Things we read in news any day that actually are done TO people in real life make an occasiona joke, however much in bad taste it is, seem pretty tame, and forgiveabe, IMO.

Also, IMO, one of the worst things about it is that it enables the perpetuation of the "race business" where charlatans, in the name of fighting "racism', and helping others, keep the money rolling into their coffers. That seems a most egregious form of racism.

mrj

Grassfarmer said:
Soapweed said:
RobinFarmandRanch said:

Grassfarmer said:

I'm disappointed in you Soapweed, that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen you post on here. What I was complaining about was the derogatory term used to describe people of the muslim religion. Nilssons are a meat processing company and using their name in that context was entirely proper - in no way does it relate to either their nationality, religion or ethnicity.
I just find it a bit of a double standard on this site where many like to espouse their religion that it is considered acceptable to ridicule and denegrate members of another religion based on their clothing.

Jersey Lilly is a fine lady. Her post meant no harm to anybody, and was purely funny. Then you had to dump water on the parade and get all uptight about nothing. I just thought I'd throw in my two bits to keep things in perspective. Lighten up.

It is frustrating enough having telemarketers clutter the telephone lines, even when they speak proper English. When a customer makes a legitimate call to a company they do business with, and then some foreigner comes on the line who speaks broken English at best, it is downright maddening. I could feel Jersey Lilly's frustration. Her husband is to be commended for lightening her mood and making a joke of the whole fiasco. I completely enjoyed her story, and appreciated her posting it. It was you, GF, who made a mountain out of a mere molehill.

Grassfarmer said:
Denny said:
Grassfarmer said:

Yeah - have you ever heard of racially offensive? :roll:[/quote

Nope I guess I'm just Racially insensetive. So sorry guess ALLAH won't let me in DARN :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Keep right on with your racist jokes and bigotry then folks, you are only making fools of yourselves. I guess it's up to each of you to square it with your own religions. I haven't seen too many that promote ridiculing other religions though. :roll: :roll:

Grassfarmer said:
Keep right on with your racist jokes and bigotry then folks, you are only making fools of yourselves. I guess it's up to each of you to square it with your own religions. I haven't seen too many that promote ridiculing other religions though. :roll: :roll:

What gets me is that Christians are completely discounted and given no credit in our new "politically correct" society. Yet, we are supposed to just lie down and let every other religion walk right over the top of us. For example, the whole purpose of Christmas has always been to celebrate the birth of Christ. Now the politically correct wackos think it should not even be called Christmas, but instead be a Winter Holiday.

Here are the lyrics to a Brad Paisley Christmas song. He nails the situation completely.

And now the grand old opera theater proudly presents
a special holiday edition of the Adventures of the Kung Pao Buckaroos

Well, it's a Kung Pao Buckaroo Holiday
Whatever you do watch what you say
If you're easily offended well that's okay
It's a completely non-offensive and politically correct holiday

We catch up with our three cowboys one cold
December night huddled around the camp fire.

How 'bout we sing some holiday songs?
Yeah, hey George, you wanna lead us off?
Yeah, I got one.

Oh Chri-biip-mas tree oh Chri-biip-mas tree how lovely are thy branches…

Why am I getting blipped again?
Haven't you heard guys? You can't say Chri-biip-mas you gotta say Holiday
I can't say Chri-biip-mas?
No you might offend somebody.
Who is offended by Chri-biip-mas?
You know you might offend the biiiip and the biiiip and the atheists.
What?
Time to politically correct.

I'll lead this off.

On the first day of Chri-biip-mas my true love sent to me…

Jimmy, are you listening?
What?
You can't say Chri-biip-mas.
Why not?
You can say biiiip on the last record.
Why can't I say Chri-biip-mas?
I didn't make the rules.
Hey listen guys, it's not that difficult,
all you gotta do is change Chri-biip-mas to Holiday.
You know, instead of saying white Chri-biip-mas, you say
I'm dreaming of a whi-biiip Holiday.
Why did I get blipped?
You've got to say Caucasian.
So I have to sing, I'm dreaming of a Caucasian holiday?
Sure, that won't offend anybody.

Well, it's a Kung Pao Buckaroo Holiday,
Whatever you do watch what you say
If you're easily offended well that's okay

Why do these people have to feel that way?
How come they get offended so easily?

It's a completely non-offensive and politically correct holiday

I'm just trying to come up with a song here.
Let's sing one together, everybody ready? George?
Ready.
Bill your ready?
I'm ready.
Jimmy? Jimmy? Jimmy?
Okay!

We three kings of biiiiiiiiip are bearing gifts we've traveled really far….

Sorry boys, you have to say Asia now.
What?
Oh, come on just try.
I've gotta get hyped up for this,

We three kings of Asia are….

That sounds like horse biiiip
Oh lord, okay. How 'bout Little Drummer boy?
Nope, that offends short people.
And you can't say drummer 'cause that will offend real musicians.

How 'bout little –hahaha- town of Bethlehem?
What's this with all the short jokes?

Hey how 'bout we do Silent Night?
No, 'Cause it offends people hard of hearin' and afraid of the dark.
What did he say about a shark?
SHARK?

This happens every year.

Well, it's a Kung Pao Buckaroo Holiday,
Whatever you do watch what you say,
If you're easily offended well that's okay,
It's a completely non-offensive and politically correct holiday.

Hohoho!
No.
I can't say ho?
No you might offend some women.
So basically we can't sing anything?

I think that's a bunch of bull biiiip.
Softer George it's more effective.
I think that's a bunch of bull biiiip.
You know what? I don't care who we offend,
I'm gonna sing Chri-biip-mas carols if I wanna sing Chri-biip-mas carols.
Louder Bill it's more effective.
I don't care who we offend,
I'm gonna sing Chri-biip-mas carols if I wanna sing Chri-biip-mas carols.
Me too.

We wish you a merry Chri-biip-mas, we wish you a merry Chri-biip-mas,
we wish you a merry Chri-biip-mas, and a happy ne-biip year.

you can't say new; it'll offend the old folks.
And you better not offend them.
Us.
Yeeaahhh

Good grief! My comment had absolutely nothin to do with religion. Mine, yours, theirs....no ones. What it had to do with...was the fact that people come to this country, get jobs or open businesses on government grants, pay no taxes , and can't speak the language, but expect us, as paying customers to understand their broken speech. When I have a confirmation number that's mixed with letters...and a mile long, it's hard enough to get all that straight speaking plain english. Add into the mix some one who doesn't speak the language....and they are tryin to repeat it back to me umpteen times, and none of those times were even close to bein right....yeah I get a little peaved.

Would any of us dream of goin to their country, gettin a job.....and trying to conduct business without being fluent in their language? I DON"T THINK SO. I don't even wanna visit countries where they speak other languages. And not for any racial reasons. Just for the fact that I'd be lost and couldn't communicate.

I have a very good friend from Holland. She moved to Texas, and didn't have a problem learning the language. We were talking about it one day, and she basically has the same view I do. She even went so far as to loose her accent. Practiced english until her accent was gone totally. I wouldn't go so far as to say that there shouldn't be an accent....lol I have a huge Texas accent. But at least when I speak you can understand what I'm saying. I think if you are goin to come to this country, by golly learn to speak the language.

Good grief! My comment had absolutely nothin to do with religion. Mine, yours, theirs....no ones. What it had to do with...was the fact that people come to this country, get jobs or open businesses on government grants, pay no taxes , and can't speak the language, but expect us, as paying customers to understand their broken speech. When I have a confirmation number that's mixed with letters...and a mile long, it's hard enough to get all that straight speaking plain english. Add into the mix some one who doesn't speak the language....and they are tryin to repeat it back to me umpteen times, and none of those times were even close to bein right....yeah I get a little peaved.

Would any of us dream of goin to their country, gettin a job.....and trying to conduct business without being fluent in their language? I DON"T THINK SO. I don't even wanna visit countries where they speak other languages. And not for any racial reasons. Just for the fact that I'd be lost and couldn't communicate.

I have a very good friend from Holland. She moved to Texas, and didn't have a problem learning the language. We were talking about it one day, and she basically has the same view I do. She even went so far as to loose her accent. Practiced english until her accent was gone totally. I wouldn't go so far as to say that there shouldn't be an accent....lol I have a huge Texas accent. But at least when I speak you can understand what I'm saying. I think if you are goin to come to this country, by golly learn to speak the language.

Well-said, Jersey Lilly. You nailed it.

It would be pretty cool if our accents came through on the screen. Note to self....add huge Texas accent when reading jersey's script. :shock:

FWIW-not that i have a horse in this race..... but, i for one was not at all offended by Lilly's comment. I just read it, chuckled, and went on. but at the same time, i can surely see how someone(GF)would take it out of context and use it as racism. myself, i wouldn't have typed "towel head" only because you know in this day and age at least one person is going to see it as a person's attack on another regardless of how it was intended. so, i'll probably get hammered for this but i understand GF comments, don't neccessarly agree, but i do understand them.

Exactly Justin. I actually agree with the poster on the topic of difficulty understanding some people that are employed as telemarketers because of their linguistic skills. I certainly agree with Soapweeds post that Christmas should be retained versus "holiday season" my problem is with using derogatory terms to define people of other cultures. I don't think it's acceptable in this day and age to be using these in a public forum - I'm assuming that most would be uncomfortable on here using the N word to refer to people that are the same color as Soap's cows. Labeling muslims as Lily did is equally offensive, perhaps more so, as it defines in a derogatory fashion not only their ethnicity but their religion. Time to be a little more aware of the world we live in.

Would any of us dream of goin to their country, gettin a job.....and trying to conduct business without being fluent in their language? I DON"T THINK SO.

So I guess you must be fluent in what? Kiowa, Apache? who were the indigenous people in your area Lily? :wink: We are mostly from immigrant stock on this continent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts