• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

The Best Whiskey You Ever Drank

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
What brand of whiskey you like ? That's the one thang those canuckle heads can do,they got that "crown"recipe down pat,but I reckon there are others ? :wink: ...........good luck

HAY MAKER said:
What brand of whiskey you like ? That's the one thang those canuckle heads can do,they got that "crown"recipe down pat,but I reckon there are others ? :wink: ...........good luck

Crown? Not bad, but certainly over rated.

Ask someone to send you a bottle of Alberta Springs Sipping Whiskey.

Never met someone from the U.S. who appreciated a good whiskey that would not put the Crown away and switch to Alberta Springs after one drink.

Blind taste tests - run in my own house - :D - put Alberta Springs out in front of Crown by more than three to one.

B.C.

I like drinking someone elses whiskey.........that way my stock lasts longer !

jigs said:
I like drinking someone elses whiskey.........that way my stock lasts longer !

I have to agree- free whiskey is the best- and I can lower my standards for it :lol:

Spent years drinking the bar whiskey (Black Velvet) but since I can afford it now, prefer R & R-- Second favorite is Canadian Mist....I agree Crown is a little sweet, but if some cowbuyer is buying, my arm can be twisted to drink it :wink: :lol: :lol:

Peraonaly... I drink, but if i was to drink, it would be crown royal, as long as it was sombody elses. i recall one time i hada buy me a bottle cause the gurl i was wif thot the purple bag was "cute" and of course i had to drink the booze and made her share. after that she wasnt to crazy about lil purple bags

When I was a kid, we lived a long way from a doctor or dentist. So, when I got a toothache, my mother would put whiskey on a cotton ball and put it on my tooth. I swear, I think it gave me a fondness for the taste of whiskey! Not that I am a drinker, because I am not.

HAY MAKER said:

That "Woodford Reserve" bourbon they serve at the Kentucky Derby is hard to beat but...............

I think I like the "Knob Creek" the best.

Faster horses said:
When I was a kid, we lived a long way from a doctor or dentist. So, when I got a toothache, my mother would put whiskey on a cotton ball and put it on my tooth. I swear, I think it gave me a fondness for the taste of whiskey! Not that I am a drinker, because I am not.

Yeah, yeah, sure. We believe you........................................tho' your neighbors tell a different story. :wink:

Alberta springs has got to be one of the best, Ezra Brooks ain't bad, neither is Knob hill, just depends on if you like a blended or a good sippin whiskey, the best is a good sipper on ice. Had some single malt Glenlivet scotch that costs about $100 a bottle, (it was free so it was extremely good) that puts them all to shame with an ice cube or two. :lol: :lol:

Faster horses said:

It's funny how early influences work on you. My mother's family was pretty good at tipping back the beer, probably to the heavy side. One time when I was about 5 or 6 we were visiting her one brother who had a bunch of his buddys in when we got there. Mom picked up my uncle's bottle and said, "here you go son, try this".

Well I trusted my mom and thinking it would taste like Pepsi or cream soda, I took that bottle and chugged back a big swallow or two.

And darn near puked my guts out. Do you think she maybe had an agenda? I think it worked!

For some strange reason, to this day I hate the smell of beer and won't touch it.

Now when it comes to whiskey, that's a different story. When I was a kid, my dad always kept a bottle around to rinse the dust down after a day of thrashing. Even from a young age, he would give me a small shot after a dusty day of filling the top of the old granary. Had to be the worst job on the farm, and the smallest kid had to do it.

Anyway, that whiskey would sure go down smooth and I was always ready for a little more, but dad said, "no, that's enough". Great memory, really.

So I guess my favourite whiskey is the shot I had with my dad.

Actually, I very seldom drink any liquor at all anymore.

i am a big crown fan...the best i ever had though was glenturrett single malt scotch from scotland...lil tiny distillery...only problem is they don't import into the states...so bummer for me. i think last time i checked it was 99 pounds a bottle. and of course there is koltiska...i like it mixed or if its a reaaaallllll good night as a sipper...its a lil sweet for that though....its brewed up in sheridan wyoming...gotta support the local boys hehehe. anyway..yea good stuff...but it is called KO here for a reason :lol:

I loved Revelstoke, it was some of the best but I cant seem to find it anymore. A bottle of Jim Beam is as good as any, Northern lights aint that bad either.

The Best Whiskey I ever drank........................ended up recyled in the bar ditch............................ :!: :!:

Latest posts