• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

The Harding County Alias has returned

Help Support Ranchers.net:

JW: "I dont know this JJ fellow but from what I've read here, wasnt he convicted of violating some federal laws?"

No, he was NOT convicted of violating any federal law. The jury, in an attempt to make everyone equally miserable, found him guilty of one count of trespass for shooting a coyote on his rival aerial hunting pilot's land. The coyote had been wounded on the land of the pilot's neighbor, who had called for JJ and was helping him hunt. It ran just inside the other pilot's fence and JJ finished it off from the air. That act of mercy offered a golden opportunity to the rival pilot who had been trying to get JJ's job with the local predator control board and he literally made a federal case out of it.

JW: " Also as I understand it he does not work under the "control" or "guidance" of a game dept. employee, correct?"

All the predator control pilots hired by the predator control boards work for the board but they are definitely controlled by GF&P, in that they have to have permission slips filled out by each landowner they hunt for. These permits have to be updated every three years and are ALWAYS to be filed with the state GF&P.

JW: "Truth is, it sounds to me like he's very lucky to be flying at all! It seems to me like your state game dept has bent over backwards to allow your man to continue to fly. I've heard that in the past other pilots have lost their hunting rights and even their plane for similar violations. Looks to me as if there is indeed a double standard here......and this JJ and your predator district are the beneficiaries of it."

On the contrary, the state GF&P did all it could to help ground JJ, including having the local CO scout out the sheriff to make sure he was not in the vicinity when the special agent from the USFW came to arrest JJ and haul him off in handcuffs and shackles like a violent criminal. The local trapper, RY, was in cahoots with the rival pilot, LB, and they had been working to get rid of JJ for years.

JW: "You say the GFP pilots are treated differently, How? Are they not required to have permission? I find it hard to believe that the state can hunt coyotes anywhere they want."

The local GF&P trapper calls in the GF&P contract pilot. The trapper is supposed to have permission slips signed and the GF&P contract pilot don't have to have any. I understand RY, the local trapper, has 8 permission slips and is not required to file them with anybody. Does that tell you anything?

JW: "frankly I find it suprising that they even allow any private pilot to hunt other than on a "by request" basis of the trapper or employee in charge of the area."

Why is that so surprising? All aerial predator control pilots are bound by the federal airborne hunting act, regardless of who they are working for. The state GF&P has no more right to control any pilot, not working on their payroll, than I do.

JW: "Does the dept allow this in all predator districts or just yours? Can other private pilots, in other areas of the state just go hunt whenever a rancher call them?"

As I said above, all predator control pilots, whether they work for a predator control district or the state, operate under the federal airborne hunting act and have to have an aerial hunting permit in order to hunt anywhere. All the pilots not on the state payroll, have to have permissions slips signed and on file for every landowner they hunt for. Even the little paraplane pilots are now bound by that federal act even if they are only hunting on their own land, protecting their own livestock, thanks to interference from the SD GF&P.

I don't know if I've cleared anything up for you or not. If you have any more questions, just ask. If I don't know the answers, I know how to find them.

What are my rights as a landowner? As far as I know neither I or my husband has ever signed for aerial hunting. IF we sign can we put stipulation as to if cattle or horses are in the pasture?
Why would the aerial hunters fly over our house? Do they think there are coyotes in our yard or is it the trees. Is there a rule as to how close to your house they can hunt?
Last I knew we don't evan have a county sherriff. So then what?

Katrina: "What are my rights as a landowner?"

As far as the GF&P is concerned, you have no right to exclude them from trespassing on your property. Policy that they recently adopted says they should only intrude to do compliance checks on hunters, but there is absolutely nothing written into law to forbid them from invading your privacy any time they want to, for any reason they see fit.

Katrina: "As far as I know neither I or my husband has ever signed for aerial hunting. IF we sign can we put stipulation as to if cattle or horses are in the pasture?"

Have you ever had a state trapper call in the state contract pilot to shoot predators? If you did, the trapper is "supposed" to have your written permission, but it seems to be just an honor system thing for them. Ranchers here have caught the state plane hunting over their property when they not only had NOT given anyone permission, the state trapper had expressly been told to stay off their land.

If you have a predator control district that hires a pilot, that pilot MUST contact you to obtain your written permission before he can do anything for you. You can also stipulate anything you don't want him to do. Since he is getting paid by the folks who tax them selves to pay for his services, he is going to go out of his way to do your bidding. Our local predator control pilots will call you if they see a crippled bull, a cow that looks like she's having trouble, or if you've got sheep stuck in the bog. It's pretty comforting to have that "eye in the sky".

Katrina: "Why would the aerial hunters fly over our house? Do they think there are coyotes in our yard or is it the trees.

Has this been a problem for you? There should be no reason for them to be aerial hunting over your yard and anyone you see doing that should be immediately reported to the FAA. All these pilots, without exception, are bound by the federal airborne hunting act and you can be sure the feds won't let them get by with that!

As to how close to your house they can hunt, I can't answer that. They are considered to be trespassing on your land if they are flying under 500 feet above your land, which is how they nailed our predator control pilot when he put that wounded coyote out of its misery. And it was a looooong way from any buildings.

Katrina: "Last I knew we don't evan have a county sherriff. So then what?"

Boy, you got me there. I gather from reading some of your other posts that you live near the reservation. If your place is on the reservation, I have no idea what to tell you. That is a problem we've never had to deal with. I can tell you that all pilots, no matter who they are or where they are hunting, are subject to the airborne hunting act and will be dealt with if they cause a problem for you.

Not to change the subject, but did you get any rain down there?

Katrina:
I believe we do have a county Sheriff here, at least we did last summer. I called him when my pickup was stolen right in my yard, right in front of my house.

I think we are supposed to have a county sheriff, and we do have county commissioners, but Todd County contracts Tripp County to do our administrative work. As we are on the Rosebud Indian Reservation, we do not have a great enough tax base to maintain a full staff of county officials.

Oldtimer: "When I was Sheriff it took throwing one Highway Patrolman out of the county-and threatening to throw out 2 Game Wardens to bring these people back to the reallitys of the real world... But thankfully in Montana we still have that ability and the lifetime bureaucrats haven't taken over..."

A former sheriff of our county got rid of a highway patrolman who was stationed in our county seat and he did it only because the HP was making the local sheriff, who was the absolute laziest man in the county, look bad. The HP was a pretty fair and balanced guy and most of us were disappointed to see the only real law enforcement we had get transferred out of the county because the sheriff didn't want him here. We have since voted that sheriff out of office and replaced him with a very capable and level-headed man.

We have a GF&P Conservation Officer who should also have been transferred out of this county a long time ago, but so far his superior has refused to do anything about it. Do you know of any way the sheriff could facilitate his removal? Legally, I mean.

I happen to like the guy and, unlike a few less patient folks, I'd hate to see anything bad happen to him. I can't help but feel sorry for him, but he needs to be somewhere else taking some communications training.

My father was a deputy sheriff for years and I have the utmost respect for our law enforcement officers. I do, however, think that it is a dangerous thing to have them unaccountable to no one but a bureaucrat in state government, who is accountable to no one but our spineless (although very pleasant to visit with!) governor.

SD Trapper:
"Question:#1 Who wanted the Fedral Airborne hunting act?"
"Question #2: Who benefitted from this act the most?"

I have no idea who wanted it. Do you mean who enacted it? It's federal, so I suppose congress did it.

As to question #2, again, I have no idea – do you? What are you getting at?

Now I have a question for you that I asked in an earlier post – are you an employee of GF&P or are you a commercial trapper?

Thanks Liberty Bell... I'm going to copy this down. We recieved a blessed 3 inches total of rain. Although, Last night I was wishing for some of Soapweed's sandhills. You too Clarance, thanks, I thougt the sherriff had quit. Clarence have you seen any curlews yet? How much rain did you get? Any snow?

AIRBORNE HUNTING ACT
16 U.S.C. § 742j-1, November 18, 1971, as amended 1972.
Overview. The Act, a section of the Fish and Wildlife Act of 1956, prohibits harassing, capturing or killing birds, fish and other animals from aircraft, with certain limited exceptions.

Selected Definitions. Aircraft: any contrivance used for flight in the air. § 742j-1(c).

Prohibitions and Exceptions. The Act imposes fines, imprisonment for up to one year, or both on a person who: while airborne in an aircraft shoots or attempts to shoot to capture or kill any bird, fish or other animal; uses an aircraft to harass any bird, fish or other animal; knowingly participates in using an aircraft for any of these purposes. (See the summary of the Sentencing Reform Act of 1984 for more information on criminal penalties.)

These prohibitions do not apply to state or federal employees, authorized agents, or persons acting under a license or permit, who are authorized to administer or protect land, water, wildlife, livestock, domesticated animals, human life or crops. Each person authorized under a license or permit must report to the issuing authority each calendar quarter the number and type of animals taken. Each state that issues permits must file with the Secretary of Interior an annual report listing permit holders, animals authorized to be taken, the animals actually taken and the reason for issuing the permits. § 742j-1(a) and (b).

Enforcement. The Secretary of Interior is responsible for enforcing this Act and issuing regulations. Authorized Department of the Interior employees who witness a violation of the Act may arrest the violator without a warrant, take the person to an officer or court, execute warrants to enforce the Act, and conduct searches. Any federal judge or magistrate may issue warrants upon probable cause. The Secretary may enter into cooperative agreements with state fish and wildlife agencies or other authorities to facilitate enforcement of the Act, and may delegate enforcement authority to state law enforcement personnel. § 742j-1(d).

Forfeiture. All animals taken, and all guns, aircraft and other equipment used in violation of this Act, are subject to forfeiture to the federal government. Federal laws relating to the forfeiture of vessels for violation of custom laws apply to forfeitures under this Act. § 742j-1(e) and (f).

Please read BOLD areas a couple times! You will see it's not the strong arm of any state that enforces the law, it is passed down from federal Government! The states themselves must comply, so as everyone else must follow suit.

AS far as who I am? I'm just a coyote trapper, a common man, drives a common van, my dog ain't got no pedigree! (John Connley) circa 1970's. I just really enjoy reading up on the topic of predator control and wildlife biology. A quick search and I had this info at my finger tips! Computers are a good thing!!!

Yeah, most of the time computers are a good thing. Although there are times when I'm sorely tempted to pitch the darn thing out the window!

Thanks for posting the airborne hunting act. I have it saved deep in the bowels of my other computer that went on the fritz right in the middle of getting my column written. I thought about getting a large hammer and putting the blasted thing out of its misery.

SH (Previous): "If they are requested yes. I have permission slips on hand all the time that I keep on file in case they are requested."

LB (spinning response): "So I gather your answer is NO. You don't need to send anything to Pierre, period."

HOW THE HECK DO YOU GET "NO" FROM THAT??????

WHAT DOES SENDING RELEASES TO PIERRE HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING??????

I answered your question as honestly as I can Betty and you spin it to create an "ILLUSION" of a double standard. No wonder you feel like nobody is listening to you when this is how you are. This is a perfect example of exactly what I have such a low tolerance for.

The trappers don't send any releases to Pierre anymore since we went to the Regions. Those releases are kept on file at the regional office. The landowner releases are sent in to the regional office periodically or whenever they are requested if a question or problem arises.

It doesn't matter whether I have the releases on hand or the Regional office has them on hand IF THEY ARE REQUESTED, THEY HAVE TO BE PRODUCED. Unfortunately, even to witch hunters. It's as simple as that. Who has the releases is a moot point to the fact that they exist.

What part of I HAVE A RELEASE SIGNED FOR EVERY COYOTE AND BEAVER COMPLAINT I WORK ON DO YOU FAIL TO COMPREHEND?????????????

My landowner release file sits right beside me and is sorted by area but I will not willingly contribute to your Harding Co. witch hunt because you have nothing to do with the landowners I am responsible for.

This double standard you refer to is total bull.

SH (previous: "Can I prove that I have a release signed for every coyote and beaver complaint I work on. Yes I can. Will I? No I won't!"

LB: (in response): "So we only have the word of the trapper that he has permission slips signed, legally there is no verification at all? This is so consistent with the way GF&P operates that I'm not one bit surprised."

I said we have to send them in upon request didn't I? DIDN'T I???

You skipped right over that part because that doesn't fit your GF&P hatred agenda so you create the illusion that we are not held accountable for these releases. TYPICAL YOU AGAIN!!!

I would produce my landowner releases willingly for anyone with a legitimate request, FROM THE AREA THAT I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR, but to hell with the Harding Co. witch hunt.

LB: "If GF&P would have been responsive to landowner concerns we wouldn't be having this discussion now and hunters would be planning on hunting aver 3, 750,000 acres of private land that is locked out across the state."

Responsive how? By going against the majority who want GF&P to enforce game laws? You lost at the legislative level so get over it and quit pouting.

LB: "We have repeatedly communicated the problems we were having with GF&P employees and they are still in the same jobs in the same communities that brought the complaints."

NOT EVERYONE AGREES WITH YOU. What you have communicated is your dislike for anyone from GF&P that doesn't click their heels to your every demand. Most of your problems with GF&P employees has to do with your inability to turn them into your little puppets.

LB: "Give me an example of just ONE problem employee who was either fired or transferred because of problems he created in the community he's supposed to "serve"?"

There is numerous examples of employees being fired or transferred for "LEGITIMATE" disciplinary reasons. I will not drop those names on the internet nor would you believe them anyway.

LB: "The much touted West River Working Group was formed by Sec. Cooper to solve all these problems. He loaded it with a majority of folks he knew would vote the way he wanted them to, and nothing – I repeat – NOTHING! – was solved. Not one single issue."

WHAT EXACTLY DID YOU WANT?

Open fields had it's day in court, it lost?

You wanted RY and BM replaced? TOO DAMN BAD! The majority of the folks in Harding Co. do not agree with you when it comes to these two. It doesn't matter who GF&P sends to Harding Co. to enforce game laws or kill coyotes, the chronic complainers will continue to complain.

LB: "Now Cooper's forming another group, hand picked by him and without any power to do anything, and this new group is going to take care of any problems with GF&P personnel. Yeah, right. Don't hold your breath."

I'm surprised at the lengths John has went to in order to cater to a vocal minority. Personally, I would have ignored the chronic complainers a long time ago. Majority rules!

LB: "Cooper has heard complaints from landowners about his employees a multitude of times and, as I mentioned above, they are all still in the areas where they were causing the problems."

Most of those complaints are bull! I don't even live in Harding Co. and I have had my words twisted so many times I can't even count.

Let me give the readers a perfect example of how you folks are. When I met with you in Pierre, I told you that a goal of mine was to see GF&P set some MAXIMUM TOLERABLE LIVESTOCK LOSS THRESHOLDS. That nobody should be allowed to sustain a loss any higher than 5% of their total lamb crop without GF&P rechanneling all our efforts and resources to that particular complaint.

How was that interpreted? A few days later, I read on on your lockout website that Scott Huber said that landowners should have to loose 5% of their lambs before they received service. That's the type of bullsh*t that I will not tolerate.

Here I was trying to create a system of prioritization and you folks took it out of context to mean something completely different.

IS IT ANY WONDER YOU FEEL LIKE NOBODY IS LISTENING?????

I don't know anyone with any backbone that will put up with that and I certainly won't. I'd quit this job before I would ever work for someone that treated me like that.

~SH~

LB: "No, he was NOT convicted of violating any federal law."

He may have not been convicted of violating any federal law BUT HE CLEARLY DID!

He did not have permission to hunt where he shot a coyote.

LB: "The jury, in an attempt to make everyone equally miserable, found him guilty of one count of trespass for shooting a coyote on his rival aerial hunting pilot's land."

Of course, "BWAME DA JURY"!

LB: "The coyote had been wounded on the land of the pilot's neighbor, who had called for JJ and was helping him hunt. It ran just inside the other pilot's fence and JJ finished it off from the air. That act of mercy offered a golden opportunity to the rival pilot who had been trying to get JJ's job with the local predator control board and he literally made a federal case out of it."

That's one version of a story that took many forms.

LB: "On the contrary, the state GF&P did all it could to help ground JJ, including having the local CO scout out the sheriff to make sure he was not in the vicinity when the special agent from the USFW came to arrest JJ and haul him off in handcuffs and shackles like a violent criminal."

THAT IS ANOTHER DAMN LIE!!!

John Cooper wrote a letter in Jerry's defense that was read in court that had a huge influence on the outcome or Jerry would probably not be flying today.

LB: "The local trapper, RY, was in cahoots with the rival pilot, LB, and they had been working to get rid of JJ for years."

That's the conspiracy!

LB: "The local GF&P trapper calls in the GF&P contract pilot. The trapper is supposed to have permission slips signed and the GF&P contract pilot don't have to have any. I understand RY, the local trapper, has 8 permission slips and is not required to file them with anybody. Does that tell you anything?"

When the GF&P trapper works with a pilot, his releases cover the pilot. Those releases have aerial hunting right on the release. Bottom line, THERE IS A RELEASE SIGNED FOR ANY AERIAL HUNTING.

Quit spinning the truth Betty! This is getting so old!

LB: "The state GF&P has no more right to control any pilot, not working on their payroll, than I do."

You are wrong again Betty.

Any aerial hunting must be conducted based on the following criteria:

1. A loss of livestock or a history of livestock loss
2. A signed release
3. Approved hunting by a GF&P representative.

Anything short of that is illegal aerial hunting.

LB: "Even the little paraplane pilots are now bound by that federal act even if they are only hunting on their own land, protecting their own livestock, thanks to interference from the SD GF&P."

The distortions just keep coming and coming from you. The FAA determined that, NOT GF&P. GF&P permittted these pilots prior to being told that they were not legal by FAA. You blame GF&P for a decision that was not theirs.

LB: "I don't know if I've cleared anything up for you or not. If you have any more questions, just ask. If I don't know the answers, I know how to find them."

How can you clear anything up when you don't tell the truth? If you don't know the answers, you make it up.

~SH~

LB: "Ranchers here have caught the state plane hunting over their property when they not only had NOT given anyone permission, the state trapper had expressly been told to stay off their land."

Another baseless allegation.

Someone with an axe to grind with GF&P sees the state plane fly over the property and automatically assumes they are hunting without permission.

This statement is so telling from another standpoint as well. On one hand you complain that RY is not doing a good job, and in the next breath you are telling me that the state trapper was told to stay off their land.

Keep typing LB, you are doing a fine job of making my point.

Unfortunately, I just wasted a perfectly good Saturday night correcting your lies.

~SH~

OK, I assumed that hunting without permission was a violation of the Federal Airborn Hunting Act. Perhaps not.

Liberty, you overlooked my question. Does the GF&P allow other predator districts in the state to hire their own pilots which then hunt on their own, without the guidance, control or request of the trapper in that area?

Perhaps SH can answer that question.

JW: "OK, I assumed that hunting without permission was a violation of the Federal Airborn Hunting Act. Perhaps not."

Any aerial hunting done without the permission of the landowner and without an aerial hunting permit IS a violation of the federal airborne hunting act. Period.

JW: "Liberty, you overlooked my question. Does the GF&P allow other predator districts in the state to hire their own pilots which then hunt on their own, without the guidance, control or request of the trapper in that area?"

Sorry. We're lambing to beat the band and I haven't had time to keep up with this very well.

The answer is yes. We are members of two separate predator control districts because our ranch straddles the county line. One district covers four counties and the other district is just a one county district. Both districts tax the producers within the area they cover and hire their own pilots who are permitted by the state and are covered by the airborne hunting act. In both districts assorted state trappers work very well with the pilots, with one exception in Harding County.

JW: "Perhaps SH can answer that question."

I'm sure he can. I only know what happens in these two districts. SH is evidently the authority on everything else.

NOTE TO SH: The lambing shed is calling. I'll get back to you when I can. I'll bet you can hardly wait.

I think we have established that GF&P trappers are operating under a totally different standard than predator control pilots. Now, I don't give a rat's eyebrow what you do with your permission slips. Use them for toilet paper for all I care. The only permission slips we care about are the ones our trapper doesn't have. We'll let your landowners worry about what you are up to.

LB: "If GF&P would have been responsive to landowner concerns we wouldn't be having this discussion now and hunters would be planning on hunting aver 3,750,000 acres of private land that is locked out across the state."

SH: "Responsive how? By going against the majority who want GF&P to enforce game laws? You lost at the legislative level so get over it and quit pouting."

The fourth amendment to the constitution protecting private property rights and the GF&P's refusal to recognize those rights is the central issue here.

I guess I'll have to give you a little lesson in civics. This nation is NOT a democracy. It is a democratic republic with individual rights guaranteed in the constitution that cannot be taken away by majority rule.

We lost a battle in the legislature, but we have not lost the war – or anything else, for that matter. We still have our land and we will keep that land closed to hunters, and thus to GF&P until hell freezes over or our rights to privacy on our own land are protected by law, whichever comes first.

Pouting? Not me, honey.

SH " The majority of the folks in Harding Co. do not agree with you when it comes to these two. It doesn't matter who GF&P sends to Harding Co. to enforce game laws or kill coyotes, the chronic complainers will continue to complain."

I didn't realize that you know more about folks in Harding County than we do. How did you come about this vast repository of information? Have you talked to any landowners up here? Any at all? Or do you believe the "gospel according to Cooper"?

I only know of one time that Mr. Cooper has bothered to meet with a few landowners from this area, at a private meeting most of us were excluded from, to try to save RY's butt. The landowners agreed to let RY stay in return for Cooper writing that letter to the judge you keep claiming he wrote from the goodness of his heart. Following that meeting, RY was supposed to make an effort to get along with the producers he is supposed to be serving. We have yet to see any sign of his cooperation.

LB: "The coyote had been wounded on the land of the pilot's neighbor, who had called for JJ and was helping him hunt. It ran just inside the other pilot's fence and JJ finished it off from the air. That act of mercy offered a golden opportunity to the rival pilot who had been trying to get JJ's job with the local predator control board and he literally made a federal case out of it."

SH: "That's one version of a story that took many forms."

You know it's funny. I never noticed you sitting in the courtroom with the rest of us. Have you read the transcripts maybe? I didn't think so.

LB: "On the contrary, the state GF&P did all it could to help ground JJ, including having the local CO scout out the sheriff to make sure he was not in the vicinity when the special agent from the USFW came to arrest JJ and haul him off in handcuffs and shackles like a violent criminal."

SH: "THAT IS ANOTHER DAMN LIE!!!"

You've got a lot of gall accusing us of lying when you have no idea what happened in any of this whole sordid affair. All the things mentioned above actually happened and I challenge you to either produce evidence to the contrary or shut up. If you are going to throw a screaming tantrum, first engage your brain and get your facts straight. Otherwise, please just keep quiet until you know what you're talking about.

I repeat; the issue behind all this hoopla is the protection of private property rights. No amount of vilification by you of the landowners across the state who are involved in trying to protect those rights will cause us to stop working toward that goal.

GF&P Sec. Cooper and Gov. Rounds had their chance to "improve landowner communications" and they didn't take it. No amount of strong-arm tactics will further their agenda and landowners have become heartily sick of the same old song and dance routine using "working groups" full of appointed yes-men, totally without actual authority to do anything, to "solve landowner concerns". Give me a break!!!

LB: "I think we have established that GF&P trappers are operating under a totally different standard than predator control pilots."

No, you have established that but you sure as heck didn't prove it because it's not true.

LB: "How did you come about this vast repository of information? Have you talked to any landowners up here? Any at all? Or do you believe the "gospel according to Cooper"?"

I know the people RY serves are satisfied with the job he does. The bitching is coming from the chronic complainers who prefer to work with JJ YET THEY BITCH ABOUT RY!

I suppose there's some logic there somewhere but most logical people sure can't find it.

LB: "I only know of one time that Mr. Cooper has bothered to meet with a few landowners from this area, at a private meeting most of us were excluded from, to try to save RY's butt. The landowners agreed to let RY stay in return for Cooper writing that letter to the judge you keep claiming he wrote from the goodness of his heart. Following that meeting, RY was supposed to make an effort to get along with the producers he is supposed to be serving. We have yet to see any sign of his cooperation."

HOW DO YOU COOPERATE WITH PEOPLE THAT DON'T WANT YOU ON YOUR PROPERTY????

I asked you this before and you diverted. DEFINE COOPERATION!

What exactly do you want from RY? I bet you can't answer that question.

I don't think you want anything from RY. You just want to bitch about him because you need a "fall guy".

RY didn't need anyone saving his butt because he didn't do anything wrong. The Harding Co. lynch mob went on a witch hunt after their favorite fly boy was arrested for trespassing. You wanted a "fall guy" from GF&P to even the score. A pound of flesh for a pound of flesh! Why not be honest about it? Enter RY and BM!

LB: "I never noticed you sitting in the courtroom with the rest of us. Have you read the transcripts maybe? I didn't think so."

A jury found him guilty of trespassing. That's all I need to know! That's hardly a complicated case. Your fly boy found out that he's not above the law. He should thank his lucky stars that he's flying today when I know someone else who lost his plane for violating the federal airborne hunting act.

Josey Wales question also remains unanswered. The truth is, there is no private pilots in the state that have the flexibility that your predator district pilots have. The rest of the pilots have to contact the trapper or CO before flying. Yet you continue to complain about how GF&P needs to cooperate more with you. Your definition of cooperation is being allowed to do whatever you want when it pertains to aerial hunting and that's not going to happen. Nobody is above the law.

LB: "You've got a lot of gall accusing us of lying when you have no idea what happened in any of this whole sordid affair."

You said the "....the state GF&P did all it could to ground JJ..."

Those are your exact words and that is a lie.

You admit that John Cooper wrote a letter in JJ's defense so how the hell can they be doing all they could to ground JJ??

It's a lie! You know that's not true but you just cannot face the truth so you make up bullsh*t that fits what you want to believe.

LB: " If you are going to throw a screaming tantrum, first engage your brain and get your facts straight. Otherwise, please just keep quiet until you know what you're talking about."

IF THE LETTERS GET TOO LOUD FOR YOU, TURN DOWN THE VOLUME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have yet to correct me on anything. Anyone can read this thread and see who is getting corrected.

LB: "GF&P Sec. Cooper and Gov. Rounds had their chance to "improve landowner communications" and they didn't take it."

How? By bucking the majority to appease a vocal minority???

I do agree with you on one thing LB. I think these vocal minority appeasing "focus groups" are a joke. You can't appease chronic bitchers and I wouldn't even try if it was my decision. You'd just have to accept what the majority of citizens decide and if that means sucking your thumb and closing your land to CERTAIN KINDS OF HUNTING, so be it. Whatever!

You can get together with your "witch hunters" and complain to eachother for all I care. I don't have any time for people who can't tell the truth. The majority of the citizens of this state support what we do and they understand it.

I personally believe it is a complete waste of time to cater to chronic complainers with an axe to grind.

~SH~

LB..."Any aerial hunting done without the permission of the landowner and without an aerial hunting permit IS a violation of the federal airborne hunting act. Period."

Oh OK. Then he DID violate federal law. At least we are now clear on that.

Liberty, come on now! Considering the above and the fact that Mr. Cooper himself wrote a letter to the judge on JJ's behalf, and as SH explained, your pilots are permitted to operate with far more freedom that all the other private pilots in your state..........well, as I said before, it appears to me that your game dept is bending over backwards to appease the folks in your area.

Answer me this...is there another area in the state where a rancher can call a private pilot directly and that pilot can hunt, completely bypassing the local trapper and game dept?

Can you explain to me why your pilots are treated special? Why should your pilots not have to follow the same procedures that are required for contract pilots in the rest of the state?

If your group wants to fight about the open fields and other issues fine, you probably have some valid issues. But in regards to the killing of predators and your aerial hunting program.......it sure looks like you have very little to gripe about. Indeed it appears that your area is receiving some very special treatment from the state.

As for the permission slips, it seems very simple to me that if your pilots can operate without being requested and/or "supervised" by the GFP employee in the area, then there must be some sort of control in place to insure that he has the necessary permission before he hunts.

Thanks

Latest posts