• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

The Tough Breaks

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Sorry to hear about the mrs. Gcreek,i guess she get's some well deserved time off,glad to hear your son was handy in your time of need.You're due for some good karma :wink:

Hows the Mrs. this morning? There's some really good topical pain killers,easier on the tummy,Diclophenac is a great one,it needs to be mixed by the pharmacy,so she'll have to wait until tomorrow,but that may be her answer.

Look after her :)

Thanks everyone for your concerns. We have had couple of bouts with back injuries over the years, one that led to a minor stroke for Mrs. two years ago. A lesser person would be in a wheel chair.
Busy night, better get out as son and Mrs are headed out the door.

The Energizer Bunny. :roll: :D

OMG, she's headed out the door???? Cut her off at the pass!!! The poor woman needs to rest as best as she can under the circumstances. I can feel for her because I buggered up my tailbone a few years back. (My own damn fault.) Hope it isn't as bad as it sounds and she feels better in a few days.

gcreekrch said:
Thanks everyone for your concerns. We have had couple of bouts with back injuries over the years, one that led to a minor stroke for Mrs. two years ago. A lesser person would be in a wheel chair.

Seriously :shock:??? Are all people as tough as your family in BC??? And here I get exhausted looking at your pics, and thinking of all the cold and snow you endure... I must admit I'm a pansy compared to you all... you get my vote for the toughest rancher award :D. Take good care of Mrs.G, sounds like she's one of a kind.

WyomingRancher said:
gcreekrch said:

Seriously :shock:??? Are all people as tough as your family in BC??? And here I get exhausted looking at your pics, and thinking of all the cold and snow you endure... I must admit I'm a pansy compared to you all... you get my vote for the toughest rancher award :D. Take good care of Mrs.G, sounds like she's one of a kind.

I bet he kissed her OWWY better. :wink: :lol:

Hope the mrs is feeling better soon,i had a heifer root me against a fence in the calving shed in february and it still smarts at times.you should lock her in the house till she gets checked out by the doctor.hopefully medical is flying her to vancouver and not the 4hour trip to the willims lake

Have had back issues for years. Had a friend's mother had her neck broken by a ram- and also, her shoulder was paralyzed. She had turned her back on the thing.

Not sure how you feel about dogs, but I can assure you, if my Kelpie had been there, she would have had your wife's back. Good working dogs know to keep one eye on the stock at all times- and teach the stock to respect human as well as dog.

I hope she feels better soon, and that nothing serious is wrong- the passing out is a bit worrisome...

Signed,
a girl who's dog has gotten her out of more than one pickle, and also, a girl who has had back surgery.

thats good ,with back trouble already its not worth taking a chance.we are all getting to the point where these little wrecks with cows can lead to something far more serious.we dont heal like we did 25 years ago

Sorry to hear about the missus. Hopefully shes a-ok.

I dunno what its been this year, but I've been run more times this year than in the past 10 years. Even a couple of my really quiet cows have taken a shot at me. I was bale grazing right up until a couple weeks before calving season this year, so that may have something to do with it.

Or maybe they're as torqued off at the weather as I am :)

Rod

Gcreek, real sorry to hear about the Mrs......................but as Paul Harvey used to say, I think the rest of story is..........................

she saw some of those e-mails yall been sendin & took a swing at ya , missed and ended up on her keester......................... :wink: :eek:

hope she heals real quick so she gets a second shot :lol:

kelpies4me said:
Have had back issues for years. Had a friend's mother had her neck broken by a ram- and also, her shoulder was paralyzed. She had turned her back on the thing.

Not sure how you feel about dogs, but I can assure you, if my Kelpie had been there, she would have had your wife's back. Good working dogs know to keep one eye on the stock at all times- and teach the stock to respect human as well as dog.

I hope she feels better soon, and that nothing serious is wrong- the passing out is a bit worrisome...

Signed,
a girl who's dog has gotten her out of more than one pickle, and also, a girl who has had back surgery.

Not to burst your bubble but cow's that come from WOLF country know how to handle canine's. Mine would stomp a mudhole in a dog's a$$ dureing calveing best place for my dog is at home dureing calveing and she's a pretty good cow dog.

While we do use dogs a lot for handling cattle, they are not allowed to go along when we are checking or doctoring calves at calving time. They are trained to stay where we put them, whether it is at the house, in a gate, or wherever we tell them down. Mrs was just not paying attention at a time she should have been. I am also at fault for not saying that this particular cow was over-protective when I tagged her calf the day before.

Latest posts