• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

To All You Phenomenal Women On Ranchers Net.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

My dad always holds doors open for male or female - - if they do'nt say Thanks or Thank you he'll Say In A LOUD VOICE

""Thats OK! I'll Say Your WELCOME Anyway! Two RUDES Don't Make It Right""

Many people laugh at the rude person.

He holds door open for everyone - says it gives him a chance to size up the men and also a chance to "Check-Out" the women as they walk through the door.

kolanuraven said:
Southern men do have manners....their mamma's made sure of that!!

Some Yankee women and others see the Southern style of men, opening doors, carrying things for you, etc as sexist.....NOT ME!!!

Guess that let's ya know I'm female!

I am Yankee, and am proud of not being a femin-nazi (a good term Rush came up with) and love being treated like a lady. I, in turn, will help out those more frail than I (both male and female) any chance I get. I have a feeling most of us ladies on Ranchers.net are on this same wavelength. I was raised to be a women's libber and thank God I got smart before it was too late! :!: :!:

I guess I'm a southern man as I come from SOUTH Dakota. I hold doors open for anyone who is headed for the door, wheather they are man or woman, old or young, cute or ugly. Good manners make life easier for everyone around you.

Maybe good manners are more instilled by those with rural roots. We rural people need each other and have to get along with those around us.

I know a few fellers who still tip their hat, when meeting a lady.

I say "Ma'am or Sir" untill I feel it is OK to do otherwise. I hope I've raised my sons to be the same way.

Of course, I was raised by people who were born in 1914. My grandmother wouldn't even say the word "bull' , but refered to them as "he cows".

I've always told my sons, that when they have to deal with some cranky, bad mannered person to try and "kill them with kindness". Makes you feel better about yourself and sure puzzels the hell out of them! :shock: :lol:

ahhahahahah @ "he cows" that's too funny

Speakin of grandparents, one time when I was little and spending the summer with my grandma, we'd done laundry the day before n had folded all the clothes off the line but hadn't gotten them put up. I got up that mornin lookin for my clothes, they wern't in my room, so I proceeded to go find em. runnin thru the house in my unnerwears. I was maybe 9 or 10. Grandma got alllll over me about it, she said, "your grandaddy never seen me without my clothes on in 50 some odd years of marriage!!!" First thought that come to my mind was, "How'd ya manage that, ya had 8 kids" but I knew better than to voice that question, she'da tore my hiney up.

Jinglebob said:
I guess I'm a southern man as I come from SOUTH Dakota. I hold doors open for anyone who is headed for the door, wheather they are man or woman, old or young, cute or ugly. Good manners make life easier for everyone around you.

Maybe good manners are more instilled by those with rural roots. We rural people need each other and have to get along with those around us.

I say "Ma'am or Sir" untill I feel it is OK to do otherwise. I hope I've raised my sons to be the same way.

Of course, I was raised by people who were born in 1914. My grandmother wouldn't even say the word "bull' , but refered to them as "he cows".

I've always told my sons, that when they have to deal with some cranky, bad mannered person to try and "kill them with kindness". Makes you feel better about yourself and sure puzzels the hell out of them! :shock: :lol:

So THAT's why your son Chance was so kind around you! :lol: :p :) :lol:

Jinglebob said:

I'm middle aged and we too referred to bulls as "he cows" some of the time. Hah. Very interesting. I agree that rural people have good manners instilled in them. As MLA would say, the superego is stronger in small towns.

Latest posts