• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Totally predictable responses to BSE announcement.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

SH: If you want to blame someone for $8 hogs, blame the consumer for not buying more pork.

This is what you ORIGINALLY said. Now, in the last few posts, you are ADDING what I STATED: OVerproduction. Did you forget overproduction your first time, because all you blamed $8 hogs on was the consumer.

As for me "implying" you called anyone a bastard, that is NOT what I said. Perhaps you should re-read what I wrote. Quit twisting statements to suit your own needs.

I await your reply because I KNOW you have to have the last word. :!:

Wondering about the Defender of Free enterprise.

Which free enterprise this hero is truely defending. I cannot really see much about myself that is not for free enterprise. I guess that like everything else in life, it is perspective.

Thank goodnes the packers have a hero like SH defending them. Sucked in by their own version of free enterprise.

Never once involving themselves in industry or government policy or decision making, simply accepting Free Enterprise and all the good that it brings to everyone on this mighty continent. :roll:

Thanks to lobbying and campaign "contributions", I don't think "free enterprise" hardly exists anymore. Money calls the shots.

WHAT IS YOUR SUGGESTION RANDY????

Do you want your government to step in and force packers to pay more money for Canadian fat cattle when the supply exceeds the demand and have them stop investing in increased slaughter capacity so you can make that investment yourself ???

IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT ?????

IF NOT, WHAT IS YOUR SOLUTION?????

You won't answer that because it's obvious that you just want to bitch about packers. You are teed off at me because I don't share in that same packer victim mentality because if I thought packers were making too much money, I'd invest in a packing company as opposed be joining the ranks of the packer blamers.

R-CALF's legal injunction is the reason your packers have the leverage they do. Blame them then your blame would have merit.

Randy: "Twist my words all you like Packer Lover. Your position is clear."

Point out the "twisting" Randy? How the hell can I twist your words when using your actual quotes??? Always playing the victim!

Your right about one thing, my position is clear. If packers are not doing anything illegal, then you have a choice of either making that money yourself by investing in a packing company or you can continue to cry in your beer and tell everyone how you are a victim of the packing industry. POOR YOU!

As far as you labeling me a "packer lover" just because I don't share in your packer blame. That's just more bullsh*t from someone who cannot defend his position. I could care less about the packers but I do care about the truth and I do care about the free enterprise system of marketing that allows you to invest in a packing company if you think packers are making so much money off your back.

Randy: "Never once involving themselves in industry or government policy or decision making, simply accepting Free Enterprise and all the good that it brings to everyone on this mighty continent."

More bullsh*t!

I have been very involved in policy and decision making THAT MAKES SENSE! Not baseless packer blaming allegations that lead to nowhere.

Chief: "Did you forget overproduction your first time, because all you blamed $8 hogs on was the consumer."

So if I don't mention overproduction along with declining consumer demand you asssume that overproduction is not part of the supply/demand equation????

It goes without saying that you weren't going to blame yourself for overproduction and it goes without saying that overproduction is half of the supply/demand equation.

Chief: "As for me "implying" you called anyone a bastard, that is NOT what I said."

Perhaps you should review what you said........

Chief (previous): "Now I know you will have to respond and call me a liar and cheat and bastard, but you know what, I don't care."

Why would I call you a bastard if I hadn't used the word before?

Your implication was clear!

When you can't debate at word value you paint your own picture.

Chief: "I await your reply because I KNOW you have to have the last word."

If you didn't want me to respond, why did you ask a question?

You are a real piece of work Chief!

~SH~

Who is the victim SH. The poor old packers, who you do nothing but defend.

You call yourself a defender.

I've never heard of anyone defending a winner.

Your vesion of right is always about what the packers do and have done.
How do you not see that as thier defender.

Call my point BS and quickly move past them. That's true discussion from Sh's point of view.

My suggestion have always been to somehow allow an atmosphere to create competition in the Canadian packing industry and find a way to rid this country of it's dependence on the American consumer.

Twist that into packer blaming you tunnel vision packer lover.

What do you have to offer SH. Nothing but negativity. Nothing but blame Rcalf. Nothing but cut and paste until your eyes bleed.

Try speaking for yourself SH. Or are you simply a follower like your explaination of anyone who sees merit in anything Rcalf does?

Do you honestly feel that the system we have in place is unflawed, and that the only lobbying for change that needs to be done should be done by the packers? Because they will not stop lobbying.

Cut this post apart again SH, or show that you have something to say yourself.

Who is the victim SH. The poor old packers, who you do nothing but defend.

You call yourself a defender.

I've never heard of anyone defending a winner.

Your vesion of right is always about what the packers do and have done.
How do you not see that as thier defender.

Call my point BS and quickly move past them. That's true discussion from Sh's point of view.

My suggestion have always been to somehow allow an atmosphere to create competition in the Canadian packing industry and find a way to rid this country of it's dependence on the American consumer.

Twist that into packer blaming you tunnel vision packer lover.

What do you have to offer SH. Nothing but negativity. Nothing but blame Rcalf. Nothing but cut and paste until your eyes bleed.

Try speaking for yourself SH. Or are you simply a follower like your explaination of anyone who sees merit in anything Rcalf does?

Do you honestly feel that the system we have in place is unflawed, and that the only lobbying for change that needs to be done should be done by the packers? Because they will not stop lobbying.

Cut this post apart again SH, or show that you have something to say yourself.

QUOTE:

If you are loosing a tug-of-war with a tiger, give him the rope before he gets to your arm. You can always buy a new rope.

Easy guys.......... :?

Cowgal said:
QUOTE:

If you are loosing a tug-of-war with a tiger, give him the rope before he gets to your arm. You can always buy a new rope.

Easy guys.......... :?

Most of us have had a go or two with SH -now it's Randy's turn. Let 'em play, it's cheap entertainment. :lol:

I do believe that quote was not intended for any specific person(s). Although I do agree that this is entertaining. I look forward to my daily dosage of gutt splitting chuckles. It makes me forget about my real worries.......mooooooo!

Now in this corner............LOL!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

My son complains about
headaches. I tell him all
the time, "When you get
out of bed, it's feet first!"
- Henny Youngman -

JUST INSERT ~SH~ IN THE SPOT OF MY SON AND IT WOULD FIT PERFECT---EXCEPT ~SH~ HEADACHES OCCUR ALSO FROM FALLING OUT OF A LOT OF TREES... :lol: :lol:

But I'm not complaining- He still leads the list for having recruited more R-CALF members than anyone else..... :D :D

Oldertimer, with all your wisdom and knowledge and obvious beliefs, in a few words can you tell me what R-Calf is really all about. What it actually represents. I am not being sarcastic, I would just like an honest answer from someone who is as dedicated as yourself.

Knowledge is power!

OT, you're right then, your son does have something wrong with his head. Not sure if from falling out of bed onto his head or if it is Genetic.

Too bad he didn't take after his mother!

Hey Randy are you and Cam still pushing for a slaughter plant that will be paid for by check off dollars. How will that create competition in the Canadian packing industry? When what it is really meant to do, by your own words, is give your plant a big advantage against the big two. Which in turn will put any other small packing plant with a business plan relying on paying back their own debt in a very minute chance of surviving if they have to compete with the Big two and a third plant that doesn't rely on plant profits to pay back their debt. Is creating competition that is weighted in one plants favor really good for the industry or is creating competition that will beneifit as many producers as possible better?

Cowgal said:
Oldertimer, with all your wisdom and knowledge and obvious beliefs, in a few words can you tell me what R-Calf is really all about. What it actually represents. I am not being sarcastic, I would just like an honest answer from someone who is as dedicated as yourself.

Knowledge is power!

R-CALF is the ONLY group in the US working for the US cattle producer in marketing and trade issues--all the other so called cattlemans groups are tied to the strings of and/or in bed with AMI and the Big Packer corporations.....

Taken from the R-CALF website

Working for the U.S. Cattle Industry

R-CALF USA, the Ranchers-Cattlemen Action Legal Fund, United Stockgrowers of America, represents thousands of U.S. cattle producers on domestic and international trade and marketing issues. R-CALF USA, a national, non-profit organization, is dedicated to ensuring the continued profitability and viability of the U.S. cattle industry. R-CALF USA's membership consists primarily of cow-calf operators, cattle backgrounders, and feedlot owners. Its members – over 18,000 strong -- are located in 47 states, and the organization has over 60 local and state association affiliates, from both cattle and farm organizations. Various main street businesses are associate members of R-CALF USA.

Since its inception, R-CALF USA has profoundly impacted the U.S. live cattle industry.

R-CALF USA led the cattle industry to victory by working to pass mandatory country of origin labeling that reserves the USA label for only cattle born, raised, and slaughtered in the U.S.

R-CALF USA is leading the cattle industry's effort to clarify and enforce the Packers & Stockyards Act by banning packer ownership of livestock, requiring all forward contracts to include a firm base price, and by protecting the cash market from further "thinning."

R-CALF USA was instrumental in proving that the economic models used by USDA and the International Trade Commission were outdated and incapable of accurately predicting the effects of market concentration, forward contracts, and marketing agreements on the price of cattle. R-CALF USA is presently working with Congress to have these economic models updated.

R-CALF USA is working hard to achieve meaningful trade safeguards for U.S. cattle producers in the Free Trade Area of the Americas (FTAA) agreement to ensure fairness for U.S. cattle producers.

R-CALF USA successfully included live cattle under the definition of a perishable and cyclical agricultural product during Congress's debate of Trade Promotion Authority. This designation affords live cattle additional safeguards should rising imports threaten to collapse domestic prices.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Mission
R-CALF USA's mission is to represent the U.S. cattle industry in trade and marketing issues to ensure the continued profitability and viability of independent U.S. cattle producers.

For more info
Go to www.r-calfusa.com for more info...

R-CALF is the ONLY group in the US working for the US cattle producer in marketing and trade issues--all the other so called cattlemans groups are tied to the strings of and/or in bed with AMI and the Big Packer corporations

Good thing these orgs have nothing to do with marketing beef, that way they don't have any connection with the " US cattle producer ".

Since its inception, R-CALF USA has profoundly impacted the U.S. live cattle industry

And that profound impact is just going to show up now as they live by the agenda of taking people to court right or wrong to delay the inevitable. Why else would part of their name stand for Legal Fund . That agenda now has the USDA in court proving how unsafe and inadequate the US firewalls are in protecting the consumer and US herd from imported BSE. How can the US consumers both foreign and domestic trust beef coming from a country when a beef organization has the Department of Agriculture in court proving they messed up in the protection of BSE? This is not just about imported beef and delaying the border openning any more this is about US beef and the safeguards to which it is raised. R-CALF claims on one hand the US firewalls couldn't protect the US consumer and herd from imported cattle what is protecting them from US live cattle? According to Leo it is those same inadequate firewalls. What IMPACT will R-CALF's court action have on the US Live Cattle Industry if they get Cebull to side with them again in proving the US Firewalls failed to protect?

Our Mission
R-CALF USA's mission is to represent the U.S. cattle industry in trade and marketing issues to ensure the continued profitability and viability of independent U.S. cattle producers.

Like I thought, first and foremost its about economics, no direct concern about food Safety!!!!!

Thanks for the confirmation!!

Tam. I have to admit that BIG C has pretty well given up on the idea of a levy on all cattle sold to build a new industry in this country.

It was a dream, but the herding of cats thing just doesn't work.

You are right about competition. It is what is needed more than anything in this country. Cam, myself, and others in BIG C saw the difficulties that plant proposals much farther ahead than ours were having and continued to push, for a good long time, a business model that could have changed the way producers of this country collected income. Our fear of limited competition from these small plants you talk of is still there. We need something a lot bigger. However Canada's disinterest in investment or competition with the big boys has led to an even bigger slice of the pie for two packers. Is that what you wanted Tam?

I hope that whatever plant proposal you are involved in succeeds Tam, I honestly do.

BIG C has not dropped the levy idea, but it would only affect cattle processed in the plants built. Our focus has been on Asian investment, linked to marketing as of late, as our government seems to be absorbed in protecting their investment in Cargill and Tyson these days. Don't want to pi%% these guys off now do we?

Randy, what about getting together with the RCALF members to create a binational packing plant, that is producer owned? I heard they are against packer concentration and making a difference for the industry. Meanwhile they are also against off shore imports.

Do you trust them enough to do business with them?

ME NEITHER!

Ok kids, how can I get it so we all play nice in the sandbox?

So I gather that the US cattle ranchers pretty much could not give a rats ass about us Canadian ranchers, or is it vice- versa?

Latest posts