• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Two MAD COW farmers jailed for BSE fraud JAILED FOR 3 YEARS

Help Support Ranchers.net:

bse-tester said:
It is truly amazing to me that seemingly intelligent people would consider BSE nothing more than a "Joke."

Perhaps that is the true underlying sadness of the entire BSE issue??

Rkaiser wrote:

Everything about BSE is business Terry - Monkey business that is. From farmers trying to cash in in Ireland - to money hungry Vets in Alberta - to multinational packers legally raping Western Canadian cattle producers and taking taxpayers money without a challenge - to RCalf and their "Sound Science" and to a couple of ranchers posters who are p****d off that their loved ones died and want to find a way to make someone pay for their travesties.

Canada doesn't want to hide anything Terry - get off that little pony. The only ones wanting to hide anything are those who are cashing in the most from this Joke we all call BSE.

Those few words include some statements that, to me, rate as the most ignorant and appalling comments I have ever come across in discussions of the topic BSE.[/quote

Please explain which statements so that we can be the judge of what is ignorant!!!

You bet Ron - I'll bite too. Which of my childish statements is ignorant? The one about Rcalf - the one about Cargill and Tyson, or is it the one about Terry and R2?

I will go to bat for you any day on the testing issue Ron - but not because it could have saved some of the supposed human lives lost due to unfortunate humans eating beef and contracting BSE from the misfolded Prions contained in that beef. Read that sentence again before you respond Ron. If you want to call me ignorant - call me because of my truth and not what you want to read into my words.

mwj wrote:

Please explain which statements so that we can be the judge of what is ignorant!!!

I thought all could voice their opinions as to what constitutes ignorance and I sure as heck did not think I would have to explain my opinion to anyone here - but then I do not mind, but, who is this collective "We" you mention?? Is it simply you mwj????

mwj asks what I consider ignorant so that he/she and perhaps others can judge whether or not it is ignorant or whether or not that which I consider to be ignorant is in fact, deemed by them to be ignorant or not!!

In an attempt to offer mwj something I would say that in my opinion - nobody elses but mine - I consider the following to be ignorant:

Everything about BSE is business Terry - Monkey business that is. From farmers trying to cash in in Ireland - to money hungry Vets in Alberta - ...... - ...... - and to a couple of ranchers posters who are p****d off that their loved ones died and want to find a way to make someone pay for their travesties.

Canada doesn't want to hide anything Terry - get off that little pony. The only ones wanting to hide anything are those who are cashing in the most from this Joke we all call BSE.

You will note that I have removed that which I think differently about. My question to you is simply this:

What do you believe to be ignorant in this matter - the death of loved ones being attributed to BSE contaminated beef products in the human food chain and wanting someone to do something about it, or the comments relating to BSE being nothing but a joke??

Play nice now.

Randy wrote:

Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:41 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You bet Ron - I'll bite too. Which of my childish statements is ignorant? The one about Rcalf - the one about Cargill and Tyson, or is it the one about Terry and R2?

I will go to bat for you any day on the testing issue Ron - but not because it could have saved some of the supposed human lives lost due to unfortunate humans eating beef and contracting BSE from the misfolded Prions contained in that beef. Read that sentence again before you respond Ron. If you want to call me ignorant - call me because of my truth and not what you want to read into my words.

I never referred to any of your words as "childish."

Randy, I actually agree with you with respect to the Packers, but R-Calf is representing producers and they too have concerns. I may not always appeciate or agree with what R-Calf does but I do appreciate that they do represent a lot of producer concerns.

But Randy, to say that BSE is a "Joke." Come on, you know that it is far from being a joke - it is one hell of a serious issue and you know it. That is what I am referring to - that statement!!

As for the many "supposed human lives lost due to unfortunate humans eating beef and contracting the human form of BSE." Hell yes, you had better believe that to be true because it is Randy. That is not something that was made up!! Ignorance is the denial of the facts and for what reason?? To make the entire issue of BSE go away and allow the passage of BSE to go unchecked?? Not if I can help it Randy.

You and I agree on many fronts but when you label BSE as "Joke" then I will say something about it like I have today!!! Now go and have another glass of eggnog and relax - I am.

Sorry Ron --- no eggnog this Christmas, at least not the spiked variety. The old liver is acting up and needs a bit of mending before I pour down another toast to another BSeconoimic year here in Canada. In fact Ron --- that liver brings me on to the topic you and I seem to disagree on. Human health that is.

No Ron - I do not believe that humans contract BSE by eating and then transferring misfolded prions into their stomach and then magically moving these misfolded prions into their brains. You know that and so does everyone else on this board. If humans have ever had a problem with TSE's from eating beef ---- I believe it is from the rouge metals passed on from a contaminated beef carcass. I don't really feel like explain-in that whole thing to you again today.

What I would like you to consider though is this whole ignorance thing that I seem to deal with. Somehow you feel that I limit myself when it comes to understanding the human health (or lack of) aspect of BSE. How many people have died in all the years of the BSE debacle Ron, and how many have actually been proven to have contracted the problem from eating cow? The last figures that I have seen seems to tell me less that 200.

Now can we once consider the human health side of BSEconomics? How many hundreds of thousands of farmers and ranchers around the world have been affected Ron. Canada alone amounts to over 90 thousand. How many of those (not just the Canadians now ---- remember the celebrating that Rcalf clowns like Oldtimer have done and what effects their drinking may have on their livers) do you think have suffered some form of physical illness due to the stress of BSeconomics. Suicide is a hard thing to track ----- do you have any idea how many farmers may have thrown the rope up over the barn rafter in the last few years? Probably more than have supposedly died of vCJD.

Finally Ron -- I don't understand why you want to tell mwj that my statements about Vets in Alberta - Terry's farmers in Ireland - and Terry and R2's obsession with BSE being monkey business are ignorant? I may have to back up and say that most of the Canadian government AND most of the governments of the world including the good old US of A want to cover up - hide - or simply ignore parts of the BSE issue. But why not call what the vets in Alberta - or the farmers in Ireland or Terry and R2's obsession, ultimately taking advantage of the situation for personal or monetary reasons. What makes these situations any different than Rcalf's "sound science" :lol: or Cargills greedy goals? By the way Ron - I too support most of the ideas of multinational reigns that Rcalf talks of but unlike you see through their BSEcononimic goals of protectionism as simply that.

rkaiser said:
Sorry Ron --- no eggnog this Christmas, at least not the spiked variety. The old liver is acting up and needs a bit of mending before I pour down another toast to another BSeconoimic year here in Canada. In fact Ron --- that liver brings me on to the topic you and I seem to disagree on. Human health that is.

No Ron - I do not believe that humans contract BSE by eating and then transferring misfolded prions into their stomach and then magically moving these misfolded prions into their brains. You know that and so does everyone else on this board. If humans have ever had a problem with TSE's from eating beef ---- I believe it is from the rouge metals passed on from a contaminated beef carcass. I don't really feel like explain-in that whole thing to you again today.

What I would like you to consider though is this whole ignorance thing that I seem to deal with. Somehow you feel that I limit myself when it comes to understanding the human health (or lack of) aspect of BSE. How many people have died in all the years of the BSE debacle Ron, and how many have actually been proven to have contracted the problem from eating cow? The last figures that I have seen seems to tell me less that 200.

Now can we once consider the human health side of BSEconomics? How many hundreds of thousands of farmers and ranchers around the world have been affected Ron. Canada alone amounts to over 90 thousand. How many of those (not just the Canadians now ---- remember the celebrating that Rcalf clowns like Oldtimer have done and what effects their drinking may have on their livers) do you think have suffered some form of physical illness due to the stress of BSeconomics. Suicide is a hard thing to track ----- do you have any idea how many farmers may have thrown the rope up over the barn rafter in the last few years? Probably more than have supposedly died of vCJD.

Finally Ron -- I don't understand why you want to tell mwj that my statements about Vets in Alberta - Terry's farmers in Ireland - and Terry and R2's obsession with BSE being monkey business are ignorant? I may have to back up and say that most of the Canadian government AND most of the governments of the world including the good old US of A want to cover up - hide - or simply ignore parts of the BSE issue. But why not call what the vets in Alberta - or the farmers in Ireland or Terry and R2's obsession, ultimately taking advantage of the situation for personal or monetary reasons. What makes these situations any different than Rcalf's "sound science" :lol: or Cargills greedy goals? By the way Ron - I too support most of the ideas of multinational reigns that Rcalf talks of but unlike you see through their BSEcononimic goals of protectionism as simply that.

BINGO!

You nailed it Randy.

Bill said:
rkaiser said:

BINGO!

You nailed it Randy.

Yep- Canucks- buy em books, send em to school, and all they do is eat the covers :roll: :lol: SHEEEESH-- No wonder I want nothing to do with the Canuck idea of "science"...... Next they will tell us that the wheel won't roll...... :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bill said:
rkaiser said:

BINGO!

You nailed it Randy.

ARE WE THE ONLY THREE ''WE'S''

mwj said:
Bill said:
rkaiser said:

BINGO!

You nailed it Randy.

Looks like it. The rest have been chased away by the E-Klowns I suppose.

Randy,

After the holidays I will make a point of answering you. But the Scotch and the eggnog are hitting home and tonight is not a good night to focus on anything.

For now, I think it best that we agree to disagree on a few things but the world will still go round and the sun will surely rise in the am. Randy, Happy New ear and let us not get too caught up in this debacle as you call it. It really is not as big a deal as it may appear. But, we will talk further on it I am sure of that. To Bill and mwj, I wish you both a Happy New Year and hey, don't get all bent out of shape as this is only a discussion and we might just resolve some issues here yet. Agreeing or disagreeing is really not a big deal - good discussion though means a lot so lets do that after the holidays or in a day or so - depending on how the Scotch or the inlaws dampen my spirits.

Ron.

Bill said:
mwj said:
Looks like it. The rest have been chased away by the E-Klowns I suppose.
Don't count on it, Bill. I think BSE is an important issue, alright. Important for trade barriers and a certain US cattleman's group membership numbers. And of course, important for others with an agenda - either a victim's agenda or a profit-motivated agenda.

It is statistically nothing as far as a human health problem. The US consumer is probably much more likely to choke to death on a freakin' chicken bone...

What's the matter Oldtimer - you and your Rcalf protectionist buddies could find a way to twist the metal contamination theory into something American vs. Canadian if you really thought it over. Don't want to work that hard? Think you got Canada by the balls with the feed ban thing or the American cows that are really not the same kind of BSE. :lol: :lol:

Why didn't you reply to farmers son on the agriville site when he pointed out that one of the major factors that brought on the great depression was the "window licking" American protectionist attitude?

Maybe if you would have read a few more books when you were in school you could see beyond your little bubble ----- At least eating the covers gave me the nourishment to keep my eyes open and my mind off the sheep like you and your Rcalf flunkies who not only like wool over your eyes but wool up agin your bellies as well.

I know you don't like scotch like Ron does, but go and have a Canadian Whisky Oldtimer - Happy New Year you dysfunctional critter.

bse tester: Randy, I actually agree with you with respect to the Packers, but R-Calf is representing producers and they too have concerns. I may not always appeciate or agree with what R-Calf does but I do appreciate that they do represent a lot of producer concerns.

i'd sure like you to show where r-calf has been concerned with bse as anything but an excuse to limit trade. they have no interest in a transparent, credible testing program in the usa because they know what will be found: bse is just as prevalent in the us as it is in canada. that's where the packers and usda have r-calf over the barrel; there aren't any cattlemen in the states who want to test to find out what's there. that's one of the things that makes bse a cruel joke. the politics and economic interests have long overtaken the health issues. it's merely an excuse for various interests to reinforce their position on a whole variety of issues in the beef industry. r2 and flounder can beat their drums as loudly as they want but a special interest developed through grief doesn't make them any more intelligent or righteous. there's still so many uncertainties with this condition that no one has god in a box.

Don, "i'd sure like you to show where r-calf has been concerned with bse as anything but an excuse to limit trade."

I highlighted for you, Don.

BILLINGS, Mont., June 7 /PRNewswire/ -- Ranchers-Cattlemen Action Legal Fund United Stockgrowers of America (R-CALF USA) CEO Bill Bullard today is calling on the United States Department of Agriculture to strengthen plans for testing additional cattle for bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE) to ensure that the source of BSE is accurately identified and that the highest risk cattle are tested. Only then can U.S. consumers and cattle be protected, should BSE-infected cattle be discovered.

rkaiser said:
What's the matter Oldtimer - you and your Rcalf protectionist buddies could find a way to twist the metal contamination theory into something American vs. Canadian if you really thought it over. Don't want to work that hard? Think you got Canada by the balls with the feed ban thing or the American cows that are really not the same kind of BSE. :lol: :lol:

Maybe we should be testing all that Canuck meat and cows coming from those epidemic cluster areas for high metals in the meat-- or radiation-- or UFO exposure under your theory...You may be infecting all of us by exposure, since CFIA/USDA sticks with the prion theory which they claim SRM removal makes safe :wink:

Why didn't you reply to farmers son on the agriville site when he pointed out that one of the major factors that brought on the great depression was the "window licking" American protectionist attitude?

I believe I did-- besides that theory there are several others about what played the biggest role in bringing on the great depression- one of which is when we got too much money tied up in foreign countries (Europe) which defaulted on all they owed after WW I.....

Maybe if you would have read a few more books when you were in school you could see beyond your little bubble ----- At least eating the covers gave me the nourishment to keep my eyes open and my mind off the sheep like you and your Rcalf flunkies who not only like wool over your eyes but wool up agin your bellies as well.

Your doubts of CFIA and USDA's "sound science" on BSE only reinforces my belief that all the evidence needs to be presented to the court and a decision made by an independent impartial judger of facts...

I know you don't like scotch like Ron does, but go and have a Canadian Whisky Oldtimer - Happy New Year you dysfunctional critter.

Might have to have a couple tommorrow afternoon-- have to go in and be sworn in for another term- so may just have to buy a round for the office holders...

and you're the guy who said you knew the usda testing results were bogus but you had no other numbers to go with so you held them up as showing canada has a higher infection rate than the us. if somebody walks through your door with phony financial statements do you go with them because they're the only numbers available? june 7 of what year was that statement made? before or after a homegrown american case was found?

don said:
and you're the guy who said you knew the usda testing results were bogus but you had no other numbers to go with so you held them up as showing canada has a higher infection rate than the us. if somebody walks through your door with phony financial statements do you go with them because they're the only numbers available? june 7 of what year was that statement made? before or after a homegrown american case was found?

If you've got something other than your opinion on our infection rates, bring it.

Latest posts