• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Two MAD COW farmers jailed for BSE fraud JAILED FOR 3 YEARS

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Sandhusker said:
Bill said:
Sandhusker said:
I don't know what year - it makes no difference. Put in any date that you like. That was R-CALF's stand then and it hasn't changed.

So where was the gnashing of the teeth and calls for heads to roll from your Lord's in Billings when USDA said they were REDUCING testing?

IT DIDN"T HAPPEN!

Your claims of R-KLan's support of increased testing is hailarious and shows them for the joke they are.

Yeah, you're right, Bill. Bullard publicly calling on the USDA to increase testing obviously means R-CALF is opposed to further testing. He was trying to pull some reverse psych, but couldn't get it past you.

Don't take much reverse psych to fool the Canucks-- they're still looking at the high voltage wires, jet planes, heavy metals, UFO's, and little green men as the transmission route for BSE... :roll: Next they'll be blaming some Eskimo Shaman :wink: :lol:

So much for the Canuck science.....What a joke :roll: As long as they can bury their heads in the sand and blame their BSE on something or someone (R-CALF) else they will do it....

Same reason their feed ban hasn't worked-- none took it serious.... :roll: :( :mad:

Oldtimer said:
Sandhusker said:
Bill said:
So where was the gnashing of the teeth and calls for heads to roll from your Lord's in Billings when USDA said they were REDUCING testing?

IT DIDN"T HAPPEN!

Your claims of R-KLan's support of increased testing is hailarious and shows them for the joke they are.

Yeah, you're right, Bill. Bullard publicly calling on the USDA to increase testing obviously means R-CALF is opposed to further testing. He was trying to pull some reverse psych, but couldn't get it past you.

Don't take much reverse psych to fool the Canucks-- they're still looking at the high voltage wires, jet planes, heavy metals, UFO's, and little green men as the transmission route for BSE... :roll: Next they'll be blaming some Eskimo Shaman :wink: :lol:

So much for the Canuck science.....What a joke :roll: As long as they can bury their heads in the sand and blame their BSE on something or someone (R-CALF) else they will do it....

Same reason their feed ban hasn't worked-- none took it serious.... :roll: :( :mad:

Hey Oldtimer, I'll bet that if you asked your buddy Flounder, real nice, he would be more than happy to re-post all of the American feed-ban violations and re-calls that have occured. :D
Whats the difference between "Canuck" science and USDA(safest beef in the world) science, Dick??? :D

TimH said:
Hey Oldtimer, I'll bet that if you asked your buddy Flounder, real nice, he would be more than happy to re-post all of the American feed-ban violations and re-calls that have occured. :D
:shock: He meant PM, Oldtimer. Get him to PM them to you. :lol:

Hey Oldtimer, I'll bet that if you asked your buddy Flounder, real nice, he would be more than happy to re-post all of the American feed-ban violations and re-calls that have occured.
Whats the difference between "Canuck" science and USDA(safest beef in the world) science, Dick???

A whole bunch of Canucks on here saying that CFIA/USDA/OIE's science of prion transmission/SRM removal is wrong.....

You can't have it both ways..... :roll: :wink: :lol:

The POST feedban cattle (as young as 50 months old) shows that it isn't working.....

Oldtimer said:
Hey Oldtimer, I'll bet that if you asked your buddy Flounder, real nice, he would be more than happy to re-post all of the American feed-ban violations and re-calls that have occured.
Whats the difference between "Canuck" science and USDA(safest beef in the world) science, Dick???

A whole bunch of Canucks on here saying that CFIA/USDA/OIE's science of prion transmission/SRM removal is wrong.....

The POST feedban cattle (as young as 50 months old) shows that it isn't working.....

Who, other than Ron(buy my test kit)bse-testerArnold ever said that SRM removal is wrong???? :???:

TimH said:
Oldtimer said:

Who, other than Ron(buy my test kit)bse-testerArnold ever said that SRM removal is wrong???? :???:

Well kaiser- Kathy- and in cheerleader Bill for starters all believe it isn't transmitted by prions or by eating it-- so what good is SRM removal if its radioactive meat/cattle that transmit it by exposure :???:

Oldtimer said:
TimH said:
Oldtimer said:

Well kaiser- Kathy- and in cheerleader Bill for starters all believe it isn't transmitted by prions or by eating it-- so what good is SRM removal if its radioactive meat/cattle that transmit it by exposure :???:

Well, that's interesting. I don't think that anyone but Ron(the pee-pee tester) said that srm removal was wrong, however.
Let's take a short-cut here OT. What is the official Dick/R-calf position on just how bse is transmitted???

TimH said:
Oldtimer said:
TimH said:

Well, that's interesting. I don't think that anyone but Ron(the pee-pee tester) said that srm removal was wrong, however.
Let's take a short-cut here OT. What is the official Dick/R-calf position on just how bse is transmitted???

Thru prions-- but I also believe that SRM removal is not adequate to remove it- nor do I believe in the 30 month rule since the folks more in the know that I've talked to and the newer findings of science is showing that prions are present also in younger cattle and in blood, muscle meat nerves, and urine......My position.....

Oldtimer said:
TimH said:
Oldtimer said:

Thru prions-- but I also believe that SRM removal is not adequate to remove it- nor do I believe in the 30 month rule since the folks more in the know that I've talked to and the newer findings of science is showing that prions are present also in younger cattle and in blood, muscle meat nerves, and urine......My position.....

So how does "Your Position" affect the sale of domestic(USA) beef?? Are you saying that domestic American beef is unsafe?? Keep in mind that BSE has been detected in your native herd,and that judging by the age of the cattle involved, has been circulating in the USA for longer than it has been in Canada.
You "can't have it both ways". Please tell me how USA beef can be "safe" while CDN beef is not, according to "your position". :D :D

So how does "Your Position" affect the sale of domestic(USA) beef?? Are you saying that domestic American beef is unsafe?? Keep in mind that BSE has been detected in your native herd,and that judging by the age of the cattle involved, has been circulating in the USA for longer than it has been in Canada.
You "can't have it both ways". Please tell me how USA beef can be "safe" while CDN beef is not, according to "your position".

The US has only found an "atypical" strain of BSE in origin cattle- and the science for that indicates at this time that this probably is spontaneous- and not originating from feed transmittal....Altho the science is very new and uncertain like all BSE science...

Because of the uncertainty of the science on all BSE- I don't think any country with it should now be involved in exporting related products without testing and taking the chance of continuing a possible worldwide infection until more is known...But it is definitely quite clear that Canadian beef/cattle are several hundred times more risk when compared under a risk assessment......

Well Oldtimer once again you are only too willing to show the world that you know absolutely diddley squat!

Wow.

Oldtimer said:
You "can't have it both ways". Please tell me how USA beef can be "safe" while CDN beef is not, according to "your position".

The US has only found an "atypical" strain of BSE in origin cattle- and the science for that indicates at this time that this probably is spontaneous- and not originating from feed transmittal....Altho the science is very new and uncertain like all BSE science...

Because of the uncertainty of the science on all BSE- I don't think any country with it should now be involved in exporting related products without testing and taking the chance of continuing a possible worldwide infection until more is known...But it is definitely quite clear that Canadian beef/cattle are several hundred times more risk when compared under a risk assessment......

Just how many times have you posted Label it and Open it up Oldtimer? What happen to your stand that you don't think any country should be exporting until more is known when you made those M'COOL supporting comments? :?

Sandhusker said:
Bill said:
Murgen said:
Testing steers for a sperm count is useless!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

R-Klan called for increased testing on June 7th of what year Sandhusker?

Where were their statememnts or cries of outrage when USDA said they were REDUCING testing? Nonexistant. They don't want an increase in testing in the US any more than the packers do because they will find more!

One passing comment is nothing more than like winking at a pretty girl. If you want something to actually happen you have to follow through to be taken seriously.

If some of you Canucks ever got a hankering to actually find out what R-CALF said and/or advocates, all you have to do is check out the website.

From R-CALF's website Jan 2006
"The World Organization for Animal Health (OIE) recommends that nations that have not yet identified any cases of BSE should test at least 187,000 cattle consecutively just to determine if they have the disease, regardless of the size of that country's cattle herd," he continued. "Canada has only tested approximately 90,000 head since the discovery of their first case of BSE in 2003, and even after discovering four confirmed cases of BSE, Canada tested only 57,000 cattle in all of 2005, an amount insufficient to meet the minimal testing requirements recommended by the OIE.

"The U.S. meets this recommendation, while Canada does not," noted Bullard. "Not only is Canada not testing the minimal number of cattle for a country not yet affected by BSE, but in addition, Canada should be testing a much greater number of cattle, given the multiple cases of BSE already identified in cattle of Canadian origin. Every other country in the world that has detected multiple cases of BSE has implemented a mandatory testing program to test every animal over 30 months of age."

Question Sandhusker where did Bill come up with the OIE recommendation of 187,000 for a country that has not yet identified any cases come from? WHAT YEAR DID THE US MEET THE 187,000 testing numbers? And where was Bill asking for increased testing in the USA?

Year U.S. numbers

1992 ---251
1993 --- 736
1994 ----692
1995 ----744
1996 --- 1,143
1997 --- 2,713
1998 --- 1,080
1999 ----1,302
2000 ----2,681
2001 ---- 5,272
2002 ---- 19,990
2003 ---- 20,543
2004 ----- 176,468
2005 You found BSE so the "not yet identified" qualification stopped.
Jan 2006 Bill Bullard made the statement so again what year did the US meet the OIE recommendation?

And has the US implemented testing everything over 30 months now that they have multiple cases of BSE? Has Bill asked for it?

Leo McDonnell said "We test annually over 150,000 more cattle than Canada tests."

Sandhusker what years did the US test 150,000 more cattle than Canada tested? And where has Leo asked for additional US testing?

See what you find when you have a hankering to look at the R-CALF web site. MORE LIES. and begging and pleaded for members to top up the legal fund. :wink:

Just how many times have you posted Label it and Open it up Oldtimer? What happen to your stand that you don't think any country should be exporting until more is known when you made those M'COOL supporting comments
?

Yeah but every day we have a new Canuck showing up with another crazy theory for BSE-- none of them any way similar to the USDA/CFIA/OIE theory-- which leads to more and more doubt if anything is known at all about BSE...You have Bill giving attaboys to rkaisers metals and chemicals theory- then you have Kathy fliipping from metals to depleted uranium, to UFO's flying low over Alberta all as causes...The other half the Canucks refuse to even admit BSE exists, let alone what causes it or that its a true tangible problem...

Tam--What if one of these half crockeds (rkaiser, Bill, TimH, Kathy) is right-- and its really radioactive cattle coming out of "hot" zones of Alberta that are infecting our cattle by exposure :???: God only knows what theories your chicken head has dreamed up :roll: :wink: :lol: It isn't worth the chance, especially since we have no need for either the cattle or the meat....

Oldtimer said:
Just how many times have you posted Label it and Open it up Oldtimer? What happen to your stand that you don't think any country should be exporting until more is known when you made those M'COOL supporting comments
?

Yeah but every day we have a new Canuck showing up with another crazy theory for BSE-- none of them any way similar to the USDA/CFIA/OIE theory-- which leads to more and more doubt if anything is known at all about BSE...You have Bill giving attaboys to rkaisers metals and chemicals theory- then you have Kathy fliipping from metals to depleted uranium, to UFO's flying low over Alberta all as causes...The other half the Canucks refuse to even admit BSE exists, let alone what causes it or that its a true tangible problem...

Tam--What if one of these half crockeds (rkaiser, Bill, TimH, Kathy) is right-- and its really radioactive cattle coming out of "hot" zones of Alberta that are infecting our cattle by exposure :???: God only knows what theories your chicken head has dreamed up :roll: :wink: :lol: It isn't worth the chance, especially since we have no need for either the cattle or the meat....

Your head must be really starting to hurt there Oldtimer, trying to figure all this out and THEN deciding you can't so simply twist it into something of in a totally different direction.

Your obsession with vaseline is also a bit concerning. I hope you get it all figured out and the pain isn't too intense.

You know, Tam, you've got a talent for misunderstanding simple comments. You should of been a lawyer. Why do we always go thru this?

Bill is talking on whether or not Canada tested 187K. You didn't. In 2005 - the last complete year he had data on as he made the comment in 2006 - we did.

He didn't claim that we had been meeting it in prior years, as you are trying to peg on him to manufacture a lie. He made no mention at all of prior years. He said 6 words,"The U.S. meets this recommendation" and at the time that he said it, we did.

When I suggested that you folks needed to visit the website, I didn't think that some of you would need an interpreter.

Tam said:
Sandhusker said:
Bill said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

R-Klan called for increased testing on June 7th of what year Sandhusker?

Where were their statememnts or cries of outrage when USDA said they were REDUCING testing? Nonexistant. They don't want an increase in testing in the US any more than the packers do because they will find more!

One passing comment is nothing more than like winking at a pretty girl. If you want something to actually happen you have to follow through to be taken seriously.

If some of you Canucks ever got a hankering to actually find out what R-CALF said and/or advocates, all you have to do is check out the website.

"The World Organization for Animal Health (OIE) recommends that nations that have not yet identified any cases of BSE should test at least 187,000 cattle consecutively just to determine if they have the disease, regardless of the size of that country's cattle herd," he continued. "Canada has only tested approximately 90,000 head since the discovery of their first case of BSE in 2003, and even after discovering four confirmed cases of BSE, Canada tested only 57,000 cattle in all of 2005, an amount insufficient to meet the minimal testing requirements recommended by the OIE.

"The U.S. meets this recommendation, while Canada does not," noted Bullard. "Not only is Canada not testing the minimal number of cattle for a country not yet affected by BSE, but in addition, Canada should be testing a much greater number of cattle, given the multiple cases of BSE already identified in cattle of Canadian origin. Every other country in the world that has detected multiple cases of BSE has implemented a mandatory testing program to test every animal over 30 months of age."

Question Sandhusker where did Bill come up with the OIE recommendation of 187,000 for a country that has not yet identified any cases come from? WHAT YEAR DID THE US MEET THE 187,000 testing numbers? And where was Bill asking for increased testing in the USA?

Year U.S. numbers

1992 ---251
1993 --- 736
1994 ----692
1995 ----744
1996 --- 1,143
1997 --- 2,713
1998 --- 1,080
1999 ----1,302
2000 ----2,681
2001 ---- 5,272
2002 ---- 19,990
2003 ---- 20,543
2004 ----- 176,468

Jan 2006 Bill Bullard made the statement so again what year did the US meet the OIE recommendation?

And has the US implemented testing everything over 30 months now that they have multiple cases of BSE? Has Bill asked for it?

Leo McDonnell said "We test annually over 150,000 more cattle than Canada tests."

Sandhusker what years did the US test 150,000 more cattle than Canada tested? And where has Leo asked for additional US testing?

See what you find when you have a hankering to look at the R-CALF web site. MORE LIES. and begging and pleaded for members to top up the legal fund. :wink:

hi tam,

just a few pointers with those figures of the infamous usda enhanced bse cover-up :lol:

CDC DR. PAUL BROWN TSE EXPERT COMMENTS 2006

The U.S. Department of Agriculture was quick to assure the public earlier this week that the third case of mad cow disease did not pose a risk to them, but what federal officials have not acknowledged is that this latest case indicates the deadly disease has been circulating in U.S. herds for at least a decade.

The second case, which was detected last year in a Texas cow and which USDA officials were reluctant to verify, was approximately 12 years old.

These two cases (the latest was detected in an Alabama cow) present a picture of the disease having been here for 10 years or so, since it is thought that cows usually contract the disease from contaminated feed they consume as calves. The concern is that humans can contract a fatal, incurable, brain-wasting illness from consuming beef products contaminated with the mad cow pathogen.

"The fact the Texas cow showed up fairly clearly implied the existence of other undetected cases," Dr. Paul Brown, former medical director of the National Institutes of Health's Laboratory for Central Nervous System Studies and an expert on mad cow-like diseases, told United Press International. "The question was, 'How many?' and we still can't answer that."

Brown, who is preparing a scientific paper based on the latest two mad cow cases to estimate the maximum number of infected cows that occurred in the United States, said he has "absolutely no confidence in USDA tests before one year ago" because of the agency's reluctance to retest the Texas cow that initially tested positive.

USDA officials finally retested the cow and confirmed it was infected seven months later, but only at the insistence of the agency's inspector general.

"Everything they did on the Texas cow makes everything USDA did before 2005 suspect," Brown said. ...snip...end

http://www.upi.com/ConsumerHealthDaily/view.php?StoryID=20060315-055557-1284r

*** Inherent Challenges in Identifying and Testing High-Risk Cattle Still Remain

http://www.usda.gov/oig/webdocs/50601-10-KC.pdf

[Docket No. FSIS-2006-0011] FSIS Harvard Risk Assessment of Bovine
Spongiform Encephalopathy (BSE)

http://www.fsis.usda.gov/OPPDE/Comments/2006-0011/2006-0011-1.pdf

[Docket No. 03-025IFA] FSIS Prohibition of the Use of Specified Risk
Materials for Human Food and Requirement for the Disposition of
Non-Ambulatory Disabled Cattle

03-025IFA
03-025IFA-2

http://www.fsis.usda.gov/OPPDE/Comments/03-025IFA/03-025IFA-2.pdf

THE SEVEN SCIENTIST REPORT ***

http://www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/dockets/02n0273/02n-0273-EC244-Attach-1.pdf

TSS

flounder said:
Tam said:
Sandhusker said:

Year U.S. numbers

1992 ---251
1993 --- 736
1994 ----692
1995 ----744
1996 --- 1,143
1997 --- 2,713
1998 --- 1,080
1999 ----1,302
2000 ----2,681
2001 ---- 5,272
2002 ---- 19,990
2003 ---- 20,543
2004 ----- 176,468

hi tam,

just a few pointers with those figures of the infamous usda enhanced bse cover-up :lol:

CDC DR. PAUL BROWN TSE EXPERT COMMENTS 2006

The U.S. Department of Agriculture was quick to assure the public earlier this week that the third case of mad cow disease did not pose a risk to them, but what federal officials have not acknowledged is that this latest case indicates the deadly disease has been circulating in U.S. herds for at least a decade.

The second case, which was detected last year in a Texas cow and which USDA officials were reluctant to verify, was approximately 12 years old.

These two cases (the latest was detected in an Alabama cow) present a picture of the disease having been here for 10 years or so, since it is thought that cows usually contract the disease from contaminated feed they consume as calves. The concern is that humans can contract a fatal, incurable, brain-wasting illness from consuming beef products contaminated with the mad cow pathogen.

"The fact the Texas cow showed up fairly clearly implied the existence of other undetected cases," Dr. Paul Brown, former medical director of the National Institutes of Health's Laboratory for Central Nervous System Studies and an expert on mad cow-like diseases, told United Press International. "The question was, 'How many?' and we still can't answer that."

Brown, who is preparing a scientific paper based on the latest two mad cow cases to estimate the maximum number of infected cows that occurred in the United States, said he has "absolutely no confidence in USDA tests before one year ago" because of the agency's reluctance to retest the Texas cow that initially tested positive.

USDA officials finally retested the cow and confirmed it was infected seven months later, but only at the insistence of the agency's inspector general.

"Everything they did on the Texas cow makes everything USDA did before 2005 suspect," Brown said. ...snip...end

http://www.upi.com/ConsumerHealthDaily/view.php?StoryID=20060315-055557-1284r

*** Inherent Challenges in Identifying and Testing High-Risk Cattle Still Remain

http://www.usda.gov/oig/webdocs/50601-10-KC.pdf

[Docket No. FSIS-2006-0011] FSIS Harvard Risk Assessment of Bovine
Spongiform Encephalopathy (BSE)

http://www.fsis.usda.gov/OPPDE/Comments/2006-0011/2006-0011-1.pdf

[Docket No. 03-025IFA] FSIS Prohibition of the Use of Specified Risk
Materials for Human Food and Requirement for the Disposition of
Non-Ambulatory Disabled Cattle

03-025IFA
03-025IFA-2

http://www.fsis.usda.gov/OPPDE/Comments/03-025IFA/03-025IFA-2.pdf

THE SEVEN SCIENTIST REPORT ***

http://www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/dockets/02n0273/02n-0273-EC244-Attach-1.pdf

TSS
.........and the R-Klanners ae silent!

:roll: :roll: :roll:

What say you Sandhusker, Oldtimer and the rest of the merry R-klowns?

Bill- Go read like Sandhusker said-- and you will find from day one that R-CALF has called for increased testing instead of the USDA reduced testing policy-- and have called for private enterprise (Creekstone, etal) to be allowed to test like is being done in England, Europe, and Japan.....

Latest posts