• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Van Dyke invite

Help Support Ranchers.net:

the chief said:
And please don't speak about snotty questions as you are the KING OF SNOT YOU LOW RENT SCHMUCK. If you ocm Haymaker and Oldtimer hadn't have been posting your endless line of crap about these cattle Mr ? Van Dyke might not have had a target on his forehead when he dared to stick his head into the middle of a fight you started. So the treatment he got was thanks to your and your buddies.

When I read something like this, I get down on my knees and pray "THANK YOU LORD, FOR MAKING THIS PERSON GET MARRIED TO SOMEONE ELSE." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am also glad I did not mary Sandhusker or Old Timer :wink: :shock: :lol:

A document signed by his Dad just doesn't have the same weight as Export papers signed by several vets and backed by not just one federal government but TWO.

He doesn't need export papers to prove he purchased from a salebarn!

Tam said:
We have been defending our industry for weeks...

Tam, you don't have an industry, Tyson and Cargill do...you are just a producer for them! :shock: Is Randy and Rod the only Canadians that understand this????? :?

Tam said:
So the treatment he got was thanks to your and your buddies.

Always someone else to blame :!: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PORKER said:
A document signed by his Dad just doesn't have the same weight as Export papers signed by several vets and backed by not just one federal government but TWO.

He doesn't need export papers to prove he purchased from a salebarn!

Which one of those Vets ever saw the tags on those cattle? Did they ever see them in any place except in the USDA's hands? Other than the USDA's word, how can they place those tags with those cattle?

RobertMac said:
Tam said:

Tam, you don't have an industry, Tyson and Cargill do...you are just a producer for them! :shock: Is Randy and Rod the only Canadians that understand this????? :?

Tam said:

Does the US have an "Industry"? Or does that belong to Tyson and Cargill as well.

Big Muddy rancher said:
RobertMac said:
Tam said:

Tam said:

Does the US have an "Industry"? Or does that belong to Tyson and Cargill as well.

Unfortunately, you are correct to a large degree...but our USA market can utilize most all our beef. And there are cracks for independents to grow. You, on the other hand, are dependent on our USA market!

mwj said:
the chief said:
And please don't speak about snotty questions as you are the KING OF SNOT YOU LOW RENT SCHMUCK. If you ocm Haymaker and Oldtimer hadn't have been posting your endless line of crap about these cattle Mr ? Van Dyke might not have had a target on his forehead when he dared to stick his head into the middle of a fight you started. So the treatment he got was thanks to your and your buddies.

When I read something like this, I get down on my knees and pray "THANK YOU LORD, FOR MAKING THIS PERSON GET MARRIED TO SOMEONE ELSE." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MWJ............just call me slow,as I had no idea you were female,now everything you posted makes sense :D :D :D ...............good luck

HAY MAKER said:
mwj said:
the chief said:

MWJ............just call me slow,as I had no idea you were female,now everything you posted makes sense :D :D :D ...............good luck

See there hay maker you have as much info on me as we have on Van Dyke :wink:

Tam said:
Sandhusker said:
Tam said:
So confrontation is only fair game when it is you that does it. :roll: This guy came here trying to convince us of a story that had nothing backing it but some R-CALFers looking to destroy Rule Two. Did he really think it was going to be childs play.

BTW since you seem to be the only one that can get any answers from him , did you ask him why John Thune, a Senator that has been looking for a way to stop Rule Two, wasn't interested enough in his story to call him back?

He came in here and said ask away. He wasn't pushing any agenda. He said he wasn't a R-CALF or SDSGA member.

If you have a question about Thune, ask him. Hopefully you've learned what kind of answers a snotty question garners.

You think the USDA taking 47 days to discover that a packer can't follow current regulations bodes well for Rule Two? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I Did ask Mr. ? Van Dyke and he didn't answer the question. Just like he didn't answer other questions that were asked of him. And if you meant ask Thune Why should I, Mr ? Van Dykes was the one that claimed Thune wasn't interested enough to call back. I just want to know why he thought that of a man that is and has been looking for reasons to stop Rule Two?

I asked about the fact the press releases claimed it was 7 head and $11,000 so why did he come on here in his first post claiming it was 43 head and $50,000, But no answer. :(

I also asked if he had pictures of the cattle in question on his place as the thumbnail black and white photos of cattle ears from Swift didn't prove these animals were at his dads place. Have you seen any pictures Sandhusker? :?

I read lots of other questions from others wanting proof of his story but nothing was offered to provide proof these cattle were the cattle on the Van Dyke land.

And please don't speak about snotty questions as you are the KING OF SNOT YOU LOW RENT SCHMUCK. If you ocm Haymaker and Oldtimer hadn't have been posting your endless line of crap about these cattle Mr ? Van Dyke might not have had a target on his forehead when he dared to stick his head into the middle of a fight you started. So the treatment he got was thanks to your and your buddies. :wink: :x

Tam, Mr. Van Dyke did answer your questions, go back and reread his post and you will find the answers. That is your homework assignment for today.

Best Regards
Ben Roberts

Tam, "And please don't speak about snotty questions as you are the KING OF SNOT YOU LOW RENT SCHMUCK. If you ocm Haymaker and Oldtimer hadn't have been posting your endless line of crap about these cattle Mr ? Van Dyke might not have had a target on his forehead when he dared to stick his head into the middle of a fight you started. So the treatment he got was thanks to your and your buddies"

We're pointing out red flags and holes in the USDA story and it's an "endless line of crap"? :lol: :lol:

It's our fault that you put a target on Van Dyke's head? Just this morning I got after my son for hitting his sister. He said it as her fault that he hit her because she pointed out that he didn't do one sheet of homework. Your rationale mirrors an 8 year olds.... :lol:

While you're doing your home work assigned by the good Reverend Roberts, here's some more for you;

1) Why couldn't Swift track those cattle? They had the cattle in their pens and the papers in their hands.

2) Why did Swift change their story to the Van Dykes AFTER the USDA became involved?

3) Why did it take the USDA 47 day to do what Swift should of been able to do in an hour?

4) Can any of those Vets who claim the paperwork is real definitely place those tags on those cattle?

5) If you fed a polled steer for a few months that had "HORN" on it's tag, would you remember it? Would that stick out at all to you?

6) Have you ever known the USDA to do anything shady?

The comedy is that if USDA's/Swifts story is to be believed-- it should have taken 5 minutes to verify it....If the Swift truck hauled in 48 head- and that was on the Canadian inspection manifest- and that was the count when they broke the seal and unloaded them-- at the end of the kill they should have had 48 Canadian tags...

It shouldn't take 2 months to figure that out... :roll:

Or did they end up with 55? Then they got a problem.....

Gentlemen, to keep from having a Dr. Laura moment here; I beleive it's important, that all of the men on this board need to understand, there only two words that you have to know, to get along with women, those two words are not taught in any classroom, from pre-school through graduate school, those two words are, YES DEAR. :D

Best Regards
Ben Roberts

Sandhusker said:
Exactly what does he have to prove to you, Tam? Who are you that he has to convince of anything?
What was his purpose for coming on ranchers if it wasn't to convince us his family's story was the truth and the USDA's was a coverup? :roll:
And Sandhusker he is going to have to prove those 7 cattle were on his dads land if he is going to convince any of us that the USDA and the CFIA were hiding something? :wink: So far he has failed to do that.

Ben Roberts said:
Gentlemen, to keep from having a Dr. Laura moment here; I beleive it's important, that all of the men on this board need to understand, there only two words that you have to know, to get along with women, those two words are not taught in any classroom, from pre-school through graduate school, those two words are, YES DEAR. :D

Best Regards
Ben Roberts

I don't watch Opera but I did catch one thing one day when my spouse was home sick and watching it.

Opera has a theory that all people really want is for other people to listen to them and their point of view.

I think "Yes Dear" encompasses that theory quite well when it comes to your spouse and an adjustment of that helps when talking to other reasonable people. It is something I try to adhere to.

Note, SH and Jason, I said "reasonable" people.

Econ101 said:
Ben Roberts said:

Best Regards
Ben Roberts

I don't watch Opera but I did catch one thing one day when my spouse was home sick and watching it.

Opera has a theory that all people really want is for other people to listen to them and their point of view.

I think "Yes Dear" encompasses that theory quite well when it comes to your spouse and an adjustment of that helps when talking to other reasonable people. It is something I try to adhere to.

But when you say "Yes Dear" , you had better been listening to what she said!!!! :eek: :shock:

Oldtimer said:
The comedy is that if USDA's/Swifts story is to be believed-- it should have taken 5 minutes to verify it....If the Swift truck hauled in 48 head- and that was on the Canadian inspection manifest- and that was the count when they broke the seal and unloaded them-- at the end of the kill they should have had 48 Canadian tags...

It shouldn't take 2 months to figure that out... :roll:

Or did they end up with 55? Then they got a problem.....

Maybe they just need to hire a ''stinkin hide'' counter to go thru there small pile of hides at the end of the day and they could have there tally verified. I would also bet a shiny penny that if someone came on here speaking for Swift to ''answer questions'' and said ''fire away'' there would be several hard questions and some people would :shock: ask for proof. I would also say that if the spokesman gave no ''proof'' and then left in a huff there would be more questions :wink:

RobertMac said:
Econ101 said:
Ben Roberts said:

Best Regards
Ben Roberts

But when you say "Yes Dear" , you had better been listening to what she said!!!! :eek: :shock:

I have definitely found that out. She gives pop quizzes from time to time and it aint nice if you fail.

Ben Roberts said:
Tam said:
Sandhusker said:
He came in here and said ask away. He wasn't pushing any agenda. He said he wasn't a R-CALF or SDSGA member.

If you have a question about Thune, ask him. Hopefully you've learned what kind of answers a snotty question garners.

You think the USDA taking 47 days to discover that a packer can't follow current regulations bodes well for Rule Two? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I Did ask Mr. ? Van Dyke and he didn't answer the question. Just like he didn't answer other questions that were asked of him. And if you meant ask Thune Why should I, Mr ? Van Dykes was the one that claimed Thune wasn't interested enough to call back. I just want to know why he thought that of a man that is and has been looking for reasons to stop Rule Two?

I asked about the fact the press releases claimed it was 7 head and $11,000 so why did he come on here in his first post claiming it was 43 head and $50,000, But no answer. :(

I also asked if he had pictures of the cattle in question on his place as the thumbnail black and white photos of cattle ears from Swift didn't prove these animals were at his dads place. Have you seen any pictures Sandhusker? :?

I read lots of other questions from others wanting proof of his story but nothing was offered to provide proof these cattle were the cattle on the Van Dyke land.

And please don't speak about snotty questions as you are the KING OF SNOT YOU LOW RENT SCHMUCK. If you ocm Haymaker and Oldtimer hadn't have been posting your endless line of crap about these cattle Mr ? Van Dyke might not have had a target on his forehead when he dared to stick his head into the middle of a fight you started. So the treatment he got was thanks to your and your buddies. :wink: :x

Tam, Mr. Van Dyke did answer your questions, go back and reread his post and you will find the answers. That is your homework assignment for today.

Best Regards
Ben Roberts

Ok smart guy I read all "17" posts put on Ranchers by Van Dyke and I still never found the answers to my questions so here is your homework, you claim the answers exsist, you bring quotes from him to me where he answer my questions.

1. Why did he bring up the figure of $50,000 when by press release time it was $11,000? My quess was shock value :wink:
2. Does he have pictures proving these cattle were on his place? My guess NO or he would have posted them and prove his story about a USDA coverup. :wink:
3. Why, if John Thune is looking for a reason to stop Rule Two, does he (Van Dyke ) think that the man wasn't interested enough in his story to call back? To me it doesn't make sense that if Thune thought there was any truth to the Van Dyke story he wouldn't have jumped on it with both feet to stop Rule Two.
4. There are Senators in the surrounding states that are also looking for ways to stop Rule Two did they ever contact the Van Dyke family? Again it doesn't make sense!!!
5. Why would Dr Sam Holland go on record supporting the USDA investigation results if he thought the Van Dyke story was credible? This is a guy that is known to CRITIZE the USDA's handling of issues!!!!!!

Quotes from Van Dyke that answer these questions Please BEN.

And as far as how he was treated add this post to the weeks of R-CALFers stirring the pot and imagine what some posters thought of him.
I would like to say READ THE WORDS as they are, don't fabricate something different from what you are reading. Read and reread the posts to make sure you comprehend before typing something. This is part of the reason why stuff gets blown out of proportion. Too many times when a debate isn't going your way, emotion gets in the way. If anybody should show emotion over this whole story shouldn't it be me? None of you were harmed or stood loss. I WAS!!!! I was just trying to clear up some of the questions that were being asked because some of the stuff wasn't in media reports, but I you are going to attack me then I will quit posting.

What did he loose Ben he got paid for his cattle. What did the Canadian/US industries stand to loose Ben? (Hint RULE TWO) He set himself up to take questions and when he couldn't provide any exceptable proof to his answers he bailed with an attitude that he was the only one that stood to loose anything. :x .

And Ben your YES DEAR comment rates about as high as the go take some Midol. Funny to the Low Rent Schmuck cheerleading session but INSULTING never the less. :roll:

Latest posts