• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Wal-Mart facts for Sandhusker only

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I have a niece that works at Wal-Mart. She is full time one week, and the next 3 part time as it depends on the profits made the week before on how many hours the employees get. People dependant on free lunches and low income medical assitance has tripled in Miles City I heard from a school board member and book keeper at the clinc since Wal-mart came to town. They had 4-5 clothing stores and they are gone, the only place to buy clothes besides Wal-mart is the western stores as they have not been hit by Wal-mart. You don't find much western clothes in Wally world. The prices jumped since the others went out of business. I can shop cheaper at Wal-mart in Rapid City with taxes than in Miles City. I stopped to check out the differences, same in Billings. I think Agman you live in a too big of a town to believe the ones of us that have to put up with them. A local shop that went out of business and used to carry they some of the same brands Wal-mart carried said he could not get it in price wise as the same as he could go buy it from Wal-mart. That says alot for the small business. You have to buy mega amounts like Wal-mart does to get that price.

Sandhusker said:
Agman, "Response.. The burden on taxpayers caused by low wages is nonsense; there I told you. "

BULLSHIRT! I see tax returns on a near daily basis. Do you have any idea how much money a family of 4 has to make before they pay in? Do you realize there is a hell of a lot of folks who get tax refunds from the IRS and they NEVER PAID A DIME IN? I saw one just last week where they had combined income of over 28,000 (that would be an hourly wage of $13.66) - they never paid a red cent in, and got a check back for a little over $2800. This is not an isolated case - I see them all the time. WHERE DID THAT MONEY COME FROM, AGMAN?

Response...Who is responsible for the tax structure? Are you willing to blame Wal-mart for that too.? Your problem is you are so busy digging up dirt you fail to see the rose garden growing next to you. I will ask you one more time; are 100 million shoppers who frequent Wal-Mart monthly wrong or are you wrong?

On another note I asked a checkout clerk how she liked Wal-Mart. "I love them, I work 28 hours and get full benefits. Who else would do that for me?" The twenty-eight hours worked great for her since she has kids in school. You don't have enough sense and integrity to admit that in the real world not everyone can work 40+ hours as they have other priorities. Shame on those individuals and shame on those who employ them. That is your level of contribution to this post.

You don't have spit to stand on Sandhusker-blame, blame, blame is your game. You can keep digging through he trash. I simply have no appetite for that when the results simply demolish your senseless positions and baseless views.

rancher said:
I have a niece that works at Wal-Mart. She is full time one week, and the next 3 part time as it depends on the profits made the week before on how many hours the employees get.
I think Agman you live in a too big of a town to believe the ones of us that have to put up with them. A local shop that went out of business and used to carry they some of the same brands Wal-Mart carried said he could not get it in price wise as the same as he could go buy it from Wal-mart. That says alot for the small business. You have to buy mega amounts like Wal-mart does to get that price.

Rancher.. I seriously question the validity of the first statement. Read what you wrote and ask yourself if that makes any sense. How can they schedule week three until they know what week two is like? I very often get to into the country and where Wal-Mart is locating. It always appears to me that the direction of growth is around their stores. I quess you will just have to relocate main street.

Yes, their size gives them buying power. I guess you would condem them for that. Offering that product to the local consumer at a better price enhances the consumer's buying power which perhaps allows them to spend more on beef. Perhaps Wal-mart is the real reason beef damand has improved since 1999-2003. I will call them tommorow and encourge them to build even more stores. Have a great day.

Agman, I will try and explain it again. Week one she is full time, week two she is part time because week one profits were down, week 3 she is part time as week 2 profits were down, week 4 she is part time as profits for week3 were down, and then maybe the next week she would be full time as the profits were up from the week before. They don't know how scheduling for the next week until profits for the last week are figured out.

Wal-mart in Miles City moved to the only area that was open for expansion. There was already many business growing out that way before they moved in. There was a K-mart that paid good wages, had better quality of products that closed down after Wal-mart moved in.

Go ahead and call them Agman and have them build more stores, so the little towns can dry up. Miles City used to have pride, now all the stores are closing down But there is a Wal-mart. But guess what more people quit going to Miles City to shop as there is nothing there, they will drive the extra 150-200 miles to Rapid or Billings to have a choice that they used to have in Miles City. This has hurt other business too. The money saved at Wal-mart usually doesn't go to buying beef, instead toys like 4 wheelers, booze and etc. You speak with authority on these things ,but you don't know nothing about how Wal-mart screwed up our small towns.

So rancher correct me if i am wrong... if wally world has a very bad week or two weeks in a row then no one come in for work?Or maybe only 6 or 7 people??

They come to work, but instead of working 8 hours they might just get 4 hours. So during different times of the day the staff is cut in half. Some days she works 8 then maybe 4 then maybe 7 hours. Sure is hard on her on a fixed income to now what she will be bringing in for the month. But other jobs are hard to find as the stores all closed.

Sandhusker said:
Agman, "Response.. The burden on taxpayers caused by low wages is nonsense; there I told you. "

BULLSHIRT! I see tax returns on a near daily basis. Do you have any idea how much money a family of 4 has to make before they pay in? Do you realize there is a hell of a lot of folks who get tax refunds from the IRS and they NEVER PAID A DIME IN? I saw one just last week where they had combined income of over 28,000 (that would be an hourly wage of $13.66) - they never paid a red cent in, and got a check back for a little over $2800. This is not an isolated case - I see them all the time. WHERE DID THAT MONEY COME FROM, AGMAN?

My wife was once the secretary of the school system up here. I can tell you that there are many more kids receiving free or reduced school lunches than what are paying. WHERE DOES THAT MONEY COME FROM, AGMAN?

Do you want to talk about the unpaid emergency room visits from the uninsured who's costs end up getting shared by the government or those with insurance? WHERE DOES THAT MONEY COME FROM, AGMAN?

Don't give me that crap that low wages do not burden all of us one way or another. You save a buck at the Walmart checkout counter, and that buck gets refunded by the tax payers.

How about Bank Tellars how much do they get paid ?

And who pays for the fancy cloths that are required to work in your low paid high status banks just wondering then I can ASK my mother in law who pays for hers and why she works at walmart now than at the bank.

Our Bank tellars are the highest paid people, waiting line for the jobs in long. Turn over is nil, once you have the job they keep it.

Agman, "Response...Who is responsible for the tax structure? Are you willing to blame Wal-mart for that too.? Your problem is you are so busy digging up dirt you fail to see the rose garden growing next to you.

You're refusing to see the point. The tax structure is what it is independent of Walmart. Let me make it simple for you. You either pay taxes in this country or you receive them - the deciding factor is your income. If you are making less than $10/hr., I can virtually guarantee you're a tax receiver. Of course, I don't believe everything being spoon-fed to me by those profiting from igorance or apathy, so I'm just a blamer. Why don't you talk to a tax preparer and ask them what they see?

Agman, "I will ask you one more time; are 100 million shoppers who frequent Wal-Mart monthly wrong or are you wrong?"

And the number of shoppers has what to do with wages and the IRS's cash flow? We've already established people are looking for cheap goods. Our bone is whether or not there is a hidden price to be paid for these "bargains".

Sandhusker check out the Farm Subsidy Data base. You will find alot of farms that are tax recievers not payers. I know of one family of farm corps in Sheridan county MT that took in 2 million in payments from 95 - 2003.

Sandhusker said:
Agman, "Response...Who is responsible for the tax structure? Are you willing to blame Wal-mart for that too.? Your problem is you are so busy digging up dirt you fail to see the rose garden growing next to you.

Agman, "I will ask you one more time; are 100 million shoppers who frequent Wal-Mart monthly wrong or are you wrong?"

And the number of shoppers has what to do with wages and the IRS's cash flow? We've already established people are looking for cheap goods. Our bone is whether or not there is a hidden price to be paid for these "bargains".

REsposne...You are wrong, people are looking for value. That is what Wal-Mart offers. Those tax returns you see; how many of those people are employed by Wal-Mart? Might I guess-NONE.

In your mind there is always something hidden. That is why you are always digging in the trash heap. You are missing the big picture-the growth of Wal-Mart and the growth of the U.S. economy. Not everyone can start at the top of the ladder. The question is do they have the opportunity to advance. The income data surely suggests that is happening. That is called bracket creep. Give it up, as I previously stated, you do not have spit to stand on.

Agman, "REsposne...You are wrong, people are looking for value. That is what Wal-Mart offers. Those tax returns you see; how many of those people are employed by Wal-Mart? Might I guess-NONE. "

People are looking for the lowest bill at the check-out. That is all Walmart offers. None of the tax returns I see are Walmart employees, but the employer on the W-2 makes no difference, it is the number in the box. I"ll type slowly for you...Depending on your income, you are either a tax payer or a tax receiver. The Walmart wage and benefit structure are geared to making their employees tax receivers. How much simpler can I make it?

You know Agman, just because the information didn't come in the form of a corporate release, it CAN be true.

Sandhusker said:
Agman, "REsposne
You know Agman, just because the information didn't come in the form of a corporate release, it CAN be true.

Response...What part of VALUE do you not understand? If your theory was corerct that people only buy price then "dollar" stores would have replaced Wal-mart long ago.

Concerning tax return it is a credit to you that admit you have not seen any tax returns from their employees. Are some of Wal-Mart employees the only people who may be tax receivers? I guess not. As I previously stated, you spend so much time in the trash heap and coffee shop you cannot see the rose garden alongside, let alone have the integrity to admit to the beauty and aroma of the roses.

I will deal with the facts I presented versus the opinions you posted. I noted with interest you have insufficient information and knowledge to dispute any of the data presented.

agman said:
Sandhusker said:
Agman, "REsposne

Response...What part of VALUE do you not understand? If your theory was corerct that people only buy price then "dollar" stores would have replaced Wal-mart long ago.

Concerning tax return it is a credit to you that admit you have not seen any tax returns from their employees. Are some of Wal-Mart employees the only people who may be tax receivers? I guess not. As I previously stated, you spend so much time in the trash heap and coffee shop you cannot see the rose garden alongside, let alone have the integrity to admit to the beauty and aroma of the roses.

I will deal with the facts I presented versus the opinions you posted. I noted with interest you have insufficient information and knowledge to dispute any of the data presented.

Value? Go to Walmart, look at their trucks, visit their website - what word do you see all the time? Is it "value" or is it "price"? Value and price are not one and the same.

I never said Walmart employees have a lock on being the tax receivers. Yet, you can not deny the impact low wager earners - no matter where they work - have on the cash flow of the IRS.

Everybody takes notice that they have extra jingle in their pockets after leaving Walmart and think they got a great deal. However, you should know you don't get something for nothing, and believing the savings at the check-out counter is the end of the deal is just plain foolish. Sure, you leave the place with more money in your pocket, but your tax money ends up making the difference. So, in the long run, have you saved? You may think you have if you've got a rose up your nose. If you look at the big picture, the money for that POS $10 Chinese toaster you bought was subsidized by your own tax dollars.

Sandhusker said:
Value? Go to Walmart, look at their trucks, visit their website - what word do you see all the time? Is it "value" or is it "price"? Value and price are not one and the same.

I never said Walmart employees have a lock on being the tax receivers. Yet, you can not deny the impact low wager earners - no matter where they work - have on the cash flow of the IRS.

Everybody takes notice that they have extra jingle in their pockets after leaving Walmart and think they got a great deal. However, you should know you don't get something for nothing, and believing the savings at the check-out counter is the end of the deal is just plain foolish. Sure, you leave the place with more money in your pocket, but your tax money ends up making the difference. So, in the long run, have you saved? You may think you have if you've got a rose up your nose. If you look at the big picture, the money for that POS $10 Chinese toaster you bought was subsidized by your own tax dollars.

Reposne... If they just buy price then why is Wal-Mart still in existence? People shop for VALUE. Price is only one-half of the value equation. It is interesting how you have tried to switch the discussion from Wal-Mart to taxes. I guess when you cannot accept the facts so you are left with no other option. You need to change your stance and direction. You keep on pissing into a hurricane. I am certain you have that all figured out-end of discussion.

agman said:
Sandhusker said:

Reposne... If they just buy price then why is Wal-Mart still in existence? People shop for VALUE. Price is only one-half of the value equation. It is interesting how you have tried to switch the discussion from Wal-Mart to taxes. I guess when you cannot accept the facts so you are left with no other option. You need to change your stance and direction. You keep on pissing into a hurricane. I am certain you have that all figured out-end of discussion.

I tried to switch the discussion to taxes? :lol: That is one of the topics that started this discussion! :lol: I haven't changed my stance and direction one bit. Everything I wrote is still there. You keep smelling those roses and believing you're getting something for nothing.

Sandhusker said:
agman said:
Sandhusker said:
I tried to switch the discussion to taxes? :lol: That is one of the topics that started this discussion! :lol: I haven't changed my stance and direction one bit. Everything I wrote is still there. You keep smelling those roses and believing you're getting something for nothing.

REsponse...My first respone was your claiming Kuner beans are not the same at Wal-Mart plus other claims you made. There was no mention of taxes. Taxes were introduced by YOU as a diversion since you could NOT refute the factual data I presented including data for your state of NE. Get your head out of the trash barrel-always looking for some negative. BTW, Wal Mart's ads say "Always low prices" NOT "always the lowest prices" as you incorrectly suggested, "Value" is what they bring to the table for 100 million plus shoppers per month. Only those with their heads in the trash barrel, such as yourself, fail to admit to Wal-Mart's value to our economy.

Whatever, Agman. Talk prices, value, whatever. If you choose to "smell the roses" and ignore the back-door costs associated with the cheap labor needed to bring you those "values", thats up to you.

By the way, it's Van Kamps, not Kuner.

Latest posts