• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Weather to the North West

Help Support Ranchers.net:

James

Reaction score
Was wondering what some of you to the Northwest of Nebraska were recieving we are under a winter storm watch for Tuesday nite with snow reported for the rest of week and rather cool temps below zero. Hope everyone has their baby's in

temperature outside right now is a balmy 27 degrees, but the wind is howling and the forecast calls for HIGHS in the single digits within 48 hours and a snowstorm blowing in by tomorrow!! GREAT :roll: ....just in time for a roadtrip for my daughter's basketball tournaments...gonna have all the hotrods out who figure 4-wheeldrive means "invincible"! :shock:

Getting some scattered snow flurries and N.W. winds now--Nothing really sticking yet--Temp is still around 30- was close to 50 again today...Cold is supposed to move in tomorrow with the low for tomorrow night predicted at 7---then 7 below for Wed night, 17 below for Thursday night, and 25 below for Friday night :( ...

Ot-

They are calling for the same thing up here but jsut a tad bit colder. COuld be -30 or below up here by Friday nite. That seems to be when chore tractors want to break down..... If we werent calving It would be a nice night to turn up the heat and watch tv or read a good western novel.

Cold is starting to move in- clear with northwest winds--It was 6 above down here on the river this morning, but 6 below at the north place toward the border...Still saying the bottom is supposed to drop out about tomorrow.......

I guess we are to far south,weather is supposed to turn cooler this weekend,with highs in the mid fifties and a 50% chance of precipitation,it will be welcome change,I cant even remember what rain looks like.............good luck

Cold is supposed to hit here starting tonight. It's only 6 here now with windchills around -5. Low tonight -15. High tomorrow -11. High Friday is -15, windchill is supposed to hit around -30 to -35. By Sunday it's supposed to be a balmy and sultry 9 ABOVE!!

Get the anti-gel in the tanks or #1 fuel, cuz we're gonna need it!!

Think next time that groundhog comes outta the ground to "forecast" the rest of winter, I'm gonna help his vitamin levels out by adding lead to his diet!!! Lol.

we reciecved about 14 inchs here and now the wind is coming up and putting it in piles all schools in the area are on late start or called off for tomorrow.

:shock: I'm east of Hemingford and tonight we have at least 8 inches of snow and the wind is blowing like crazy. There will be drifts to contend with in the morning. Calving is well started, so that means everyone deciding now is the time, is being put in the barn. Looks to be a long night at the ranch. :(

temp here right now is 5 degrees above and the wind is howling (makes it roughly 25 below)!!! The HIGH by friday/saturday is supposed to be 2 below!! BRRRRRRRR!!! :shock: :shock:

Its hitting here now...Was -2 at 5AM---now its dropped to -9 with NW winds about 20-25 mph and a chill factor of about -40...Flat cool out there...

Shelly said:
-29 C, with the wind it feels like -43 C. I don't wanna go out to do chores!!!

Holy Moley!!!! :shock: That must be the "cold front" that is making it's way to us!! BRRRRRRR!! Can't say I blame you, Shelly, for not wanting to go out in this....PLEASE bundle up....does not take long for frostbite to set in in this cold!!!

Geeeeezzzzzzz.....I'm such a whimp compared to you guys!!! I grumble about 40 ABOVE!!!!! We're to hit 67 in GA today!!!

It's minus 32c here,with the windchill it's minus 46c.I don't want to go outside either.It can warm back up soon!!

its -33 here and with that stiff north wind feels like -47. It is cold out there, was jsut over checking on some cows and as soon as I got out of the truck and walked into the pen I could feel my face starting to burn. This is hard on us but I wonder how the cattle are handling it, they dont look to have as much winter hair as they should being its been so warm up til now. Extra silage for everyone today!

Yup! It's a little "fresh" out there today!! :)
On days like this, I like to play an old "Beach Boys" tape in the tractor while I'm doing chores. Seems to help. :D

Just talked to a fella that lives just south of the border toward Opheim- says it is -18 with about a 15-20 mph north wind......Figures the chill factor must be getting close to -45 or -50......

Sun came out here and the temp has warmed to a balmy -6---but the wind is blowing harder now......

Latest posts