• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What's the weather like at your place?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

We've been having highs in the fifties and light frosts at night and had almost an inch of rain over the past four days. They forecast a warm, sunny weekend which had me hopeful that our clay mud trails from the upper fields might dry enough for us to finish hauling hay home. Neighbors are starting to call requesting help with preg checking etc, so that opportunity feels like it's slipping away! The grass and trees are still green, which is unusual this late in the year! We had a real late spring, but it seems to be balancing the year out a bit this fall!

59 for the low here this morning and the highs are around 93 give or take a couple degrees.It's sure a relief from the 111 average not too long ago.Thought we had a very good chance for rain the day before yesterday and day before that as that front moved nearly all the way across the US,but somehow it went over and folks on both sides of us got rain,but not us.

Already feeding cubes and have gone thru $10K plus of hay and still a month and a half from when I normally have to start feeding.Our next chance for rain is the 16th and 17th.Hay man is laying some second growth grazer down today for me.Small field and probably won't get but another 30 bales out of it,but everything counts in this environment.Got 90 bales on first cut from it.I contracted yesterday for 25 tons of cubes at $490 per ton for 26% protein cubes and the best part is they contain 6.5% fat.Very good for shiny and oily coats for Winter time.You may ask how the fat content is so high?The feed is made from cotton seed. $490 sounds high too,but it's down from last year's $590 a ton.I also buy sacked feed because I feed in troughs,not on the ground and that makes it a bit higher than bulk.

Wish me luck.I'm going to need it to be able to keep my girls that I've got 5 years in building.

We have all been there, done that...we do what we have to to keep things going.
I wish you the best of luck and pray you get rain Oct. 16 and 17th.
Sure glad it has cooled down some.
It was a beautiful day here today and will be tomorrow. We are enjoying Indian Summer.
It usually doesn't last long but it makes for glorious days we all enjoy. The days are getting
shorter, I dread that.

I was going to whine about my 16th and 17th rain chances going away until the 28th now.Then I got to thinking about Mountain CowGirl and what she's going thru and what the people of Israel are going thru and others around the world are going thru.It just makes my problems seem like knit picking ones when it comes down to it.

windy and no new snow past week but kooling into teens at nite and 20's in day

I haven't looked at the rain gauge but it has rained off and on since Thursday and things sure are muddy. It was fogy this morning driving to church.

The skiff of snow we got a week or so ago was nicely gone but we got 4" of heavy white stuff last night. Temps hovering around freezing both day and night the last while, and supposed to warm up a bit even, so looks like this snow will disappear too. So foggy driving home from a little bull buying excursion this evening I almost got lost a few miles from home.

Had about two and a half inches of rain a week and a half ago with the cold weather that went thru.Sowed some wheat 2 Saturdays ago and it is up and thriving now that we are back to sunshine,85 plus during the day and low 50's at night.It will grow like av weed with the soil moisture and the warm temps.

Had about two and a half inches of rain a week and a half ago with the cold weather that went thru.Sowed some wheat 2 Saturdays ago and it is up and thriving now that we are back to sunshine,85 plus during the day and low 50's at night.It will grow like av weed with the soil moisture and the warm temps.
Awesome, happy for you!

We had three frosts in a row a couple of weeks ago, which is kinda early for us, but now having some pleasant fall-like weather again. Looks to be more of the same in the seven day forecast with mostly 40's for lows and 60's for highs, with only a bit of rain in the forecast.

Latest posts