• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What's the weather like at your place?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Very smokey this morning. It was 100 yesterday and 59 this morning. There is a fire about 50-60 miles southwest of us. It was reported at 8,000 acres Wednesday morning. Over 15,000 acres yesterday morning. With 100 degrees and a strong wind yesterday I am wondering what the report will be this morning.
I wondered if there was one fairly close.

I wondered if there was one fairly close.
They are calling it 25 miles south of Unity. At least that is where it started. It looks to have marched north some since it started. There is a whole string of them from Medford north to about Salem in the Cascades.

Wowie, I think it hit 72, was more than breezy, but that isn't unusual. Supposed to be 67 tomorrow and in the 70's all week. This is more like it. Was 99-101 the last several days. Glad we already vaccinated the calves.

Was 93 here around 3pm. Front just moved through and it's 52 and raining buckets 😁
Real good storm but looks to be clearing to the west. Smoke is gone here as well. Chance of rain every afternoon for the next few days 🤞
Bringing cows home this weekend. Feed on the mnt is gone. Not much meadow to come to. Have decided to wean early to help the cows and the grass.

Looks like it rained up the middle to eastern Alberta today. Nothing down here in the Big Dusty/ not very Muddy Valley. Might get some this coming week. Fingers crossed.

Semi Load ofhay delivered today about 2:30pm. By 2:45 it was raining buckets. The proverbial cow and flat rock. Driver had taken straps off but still hanging on side of truck... I have to unload in the road as gate entrance is not wide enough to get a 45 ft trailer in.. Over an inch of rain and a lot of mud. Cows were acting like they were starved. Good thing, hay looked like the worst i have ever bought..

The Lord started sending showers to us on Saturday evening.Been raining in vicinity everyday since.From Saturday to this morning rain total is 4.3.As I'm writing this I can hear it hitting the roof pretty hard.We sure did need it.Yesterday it sprinkled from 6am til 3pm.We need some run off,but at this point I'll take anything.Usually this rain doesn't com until Sept 1st.I'll make it to Winter now without having to feed any hay or protein because of this.I may use the hay that I usually feed from late July to Sept for helping to carry some calves to next year when I hope we'll all have a better year.Everything I've seen and read says we're in for a couple of good years.

Over 3 inches up near our reservoir about a half a mile from my summer cattle lease. Over an inch and a half here at my house. Ditches are running bank full. Still raining. The pictures are of dry washes and not a normal stream😳
ED8E565C-2D63-4437-9BE2-0AE70485C4EB.jpeg
A68C6478-4F6C-4090-96F8-45D2CA5B27AC.jpeg

Got another 2 inches after my post from yesterday.There is some local flooding now like I've never seen before.Especially two creeks that are triple the flow of the biggest rise I've ever seen go down them.All this water will go thru Dos Arroyos.I've never been able to see the creek before from my barn.Yesterday evening I went to give some calves I'm weaning some hay in the red barn pens.Not only could I see the water running in the creek,which I never could before,I could hear it too.Very blessed to get this rain in August.I was just a few days away from having to supplement the pastures with hay.

It never got to 70 yesterday. It was below 50 this morning. We are going to Kimberly to pick peaches. It is going to be a mice day for a drive and to get peaches. Yesterday we rode the quads up on top. Spring was running good with plenty of water. There is still lots of grass. None of it green. But a lot of dry feed.

Some thunder and lightning last night. 0.2 inch in the rain gauge this morning. The lightning was fairly close hopefully it will just be a light show.

Latest posts