• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What's the weather like at your place?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

What the hell is up with all this humidity lately........trying to get the last of the hay up and it is a no go!......supposed to be humid for several more days......100% right now and will drop to 68% later in the afternoon.......

Humidity is high here this morning and with heavy dew. As soon as the sun hit it dropped and is getting hot, but takes time for the heavy dew to evaporate. 101 predicted for today. I need to mow as it is getting hot fast, but I hate mowing when it is so wet. I guess I best get off here and get my big girl jeans on and get at it. It is 70 and rising.

Over the last 3 days we gathered, hauled, sorted, shipped, worked calves, gathered another place, sorted, preg checked, luted feeder heifers, and put two different bunches back to pasture. The last 2 days it was in the low 90's. Bearable. Today it went up over 100. Sure knocked the steam out of me.

It is saying 106 degrees tomorrow!!! 😳 Then a cool down and calling for half inch of rain Thursday with a high of 84. Half an inch again on Friday with high temp of 58. Then 64 on Friday, rain is moving out.
We are so ready for rain and cooler temperatures!! BRING IT ON!

It is saying 106 degrees tomorrow!!! 😳 Then a cool down and calling for half inch of rain Thursday with a high of 84. Half an inch again on Friday with high temp of 58. Then 64 on Friday, rain is moving out.
We are so ready for rain and cooler temperatures!! BRING IT ON!

We are about the same forecast but with out the rain.
Sure is dry.

RED FLAG WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 11 AM THIS MORNING TO 9 PM MDT THIS EVENING FOR GUSTY WINDS AND LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONES 314 AND 316 The National Weather Service in Rapid City has issued a Red Flag Warning for gusty winds and low relative humidity, which is in effect from 11 AM this morning to 9 PM MDT this evening.
Summary
.Hot and very dry conditions are expected today with relative humidity in the 10 to 20 percent range. Critical fire weather conditions are expected to develop across portions of northeast Wyoming gusty southwest winds develop in the afternoon. Poor relative humidity recovery is expected across much of the region tonight as breezy and dry south/southwest winds develop ahead of a strong cold front. On Thursday, low relative humidity and gusty winds ahead of and behind the strong cold front may lead to widespread critical fire weather conditions, especially east and south of the Black Hills. Good chances for wetting rains arrive Thursday night, bringing an end to the fire weather threat.
Affected Area

Lots of lightning going on toward Nicky right now. Maybe east of her. Hard telling it is a long ways from here.

We were blessed with 1.5" yesterday evening and all night. That's a lot for this high mountain dessert.
We are beyond thankful. And the weather will moderate this week as far as temperatures. The warmest day is Monday with 85 degrees, then in the 70's the rest of the week. So glad that HEAT is over!

Our cool down was dry also, but it sure makes shop work more comfortable. Some neighbors happy, some grumpy, we're kinda used to it.

Glad you wyomingites got some rain. None here but much cooler, thank goodness. Still opening the windows at night, was 53 inside the last two mornings.
Made it til the end of Aug with no big fires around. Now there is one that is 150,000 acres +/- and several in the 10,000 acre range. So smoky you can't see the mountains.

It has been very smoky here too, maybe from the fire you are talking about, Nicky.
It's 82 and sunny right now here. Couple of days of 87 for a high, then another cool down
and possibility of more moisture.

Hope everyone that needs moisture is getting it. It is raining in Texas lately and they needed it too.

Latest posts