• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What's the weather like at your place?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I had enough of that kind of weather on the coast. My place there I got 60 inches of rain a year. You didn't have to travel far to find 100 inch annual rainfall. I am pretty happy here in the land or sagebrush and juniper. With about 10-12 inch annual rainfall. Today was clear and cool. Low around 17 degrees with a high in the upper 30's. Sunny and no wind.

60 inch annual rainfall must have been really hard work. The ground here is boot sucking and getting worse, especially round gate holes where the horses have taken to hanging out. I'd love to have a nice warm day now but come summer I'll be sweaty and wanting a cold day haha!

24 degrees with a low ceiling and stagnant air. Socked in more than the stuffing in a sock monkey. Heavy wet air with snow possible. I hope not because heavy wet snow belongs in the mountains not down here.

Freeze-dried alfalfa anyone? No 5th cutting this year.

IMG_6257.JPG

It snowed 3 inches here yesterday. It is suppose to start snowing this evening and basically snow through Thursday. Then the high temperatures on the 10 day forecast are all below freezing. I guess this snow will be with us for a while.

Snow here last night. Ended up with five inches at the house. Got down to 5 last night. Clouds left and it's headed south of zero F tonight. High tomorrow is 22. Guess winter is here for a while I reckon.

60 mph wind with gusts to 80 today. Absolutely howling right now. Snow behind the front. I shoulda been an attorney on days like this. 😩
Kidding of course!!! I'd rather drink turpentine and pee on a brush fire.

no matter what the fuel blend is my blue tractor once a year on a cold day has to gel up, -5 , changed fuel filter let the big kerosine heat blow on the fuel lines
At -50 #1 fuel still flows. We use "tank" heaters (electric) to warm the engine, belly pan heaters on tranny. Try some 9.1.1 diesel addy
911 fuel add.jpg

Snowstorm headed here. From midnight tonight through 5 pm Friday.
Doesn't sound like a lot of snow with it, maybe 3". Some wind but not blizzard type winds, but snow and any wind here can make blizzard conditions. Guess we will know more Friday evening.
yer storm is here now......inch or two of snow......

Snowing hard this morning. Only about 1 1/2 - 2 inches so far. But snowing hard enough that I went out to push some hay to the calves, by the time I walked back you could barely make out my tracks from walking down there.
The wife was going well church this morning, then I am going here and then going to do this. I said have you seen the weather forecast? I met her when I was coming back from feeding. She said good morning snow man. Then she said no church this morning......... No kidding this morning isn't the time to drive 25 miles on the freeway.

First snow yesterday and all last night. 4" and hanging on. Overcast day with snow showers all this week. Schools shut down here which I have never understood for a few inches of snow. I think they need to change summer vacation to winter vacation. :):ROFLMAO:

Big ice storm here last night but my walk is safely scraped and fertilized thanks to my Yak Traks.

Yak a tee yak don't slip on your back
Be real safe and don a Yak Trak

When you're shoveling off your walk
Just listen to this talk
When walking on ice outside
Put on your Traks or take a ride

In the ambulance to fix your bone
At the ER you won't be alone
As you fuss and cuss and moan
Only the lucky get to go home

YT rs.jpg

Big ice storm here last night but my walk is safely scraped and fertilized thanks to my Yak Traks.

When you're shoveling off your walk
Just listen to this talk
When walking on ice outside
Put on your Traks or take a ride

In the ambulance to fix your bone
At the ER you won't be alone
As you fuss and cuss and moan
Only the lucky get to go home

View attachment 2568
Ok. You've convinced me. I have them. Have had them for years. But have never worn them.
This will be the winter I wear them!! Thanks to you.

Ok. You've convinced me. I have them. Have had them for years. But have never worn them.
This will be the winter I wear them!! Thanks to you.
I didn't start wearing them until I moved to the edge of town and had a concrete walk and drive to shovel. I always had a pair of custom high-heeled logging boots with 5 short studs in each heel when I lived rurally and spent all day outdoors. Since Tom's Handmade Boots was kitty-corner from Pleas Brown's Lew Bros Tires (Jess Brown, his grandson, famous steer wrestler was 20 years yet to be born), such was available at Tom's for a small fee. I had my boots reheeled every spring and studs added in the fall. 🤠

They worked well on waxed linoleum floors, but I doubt Safeway maintenance was amused. That was back in the day of the linoleum pattern going deep and requiring waxing. I always shopped early and the floors were usually slicker than the ice outside, especially the salted walks, but I never fell in Safeway or Albertsons, and by lifting my heels I could get some impressive slide, then come to a screeching halt and gasp at hamburger priced at 70 cents a pound. It made me glad to have my own already put up. Albertsons was over on Resort street back then and it was called Baker, with no City to it. :)

PS It is raining on the ice here this morning and slicker than an ice rink with Tonya Harding swinging a baseball bat. ⛸️

Last edited:

Latest posts