• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What's the weather like at your place?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I went to town today, first time since Sunday. Streets are a mess in town. But I noticed on the way in,
we have the GRAND CHAMPION SNOWDRIFTS! We have trees around our place and that must be part of the reason why. I'll get some photos tomorrow. This snow is gonna be here for awhile. Mr FH used the tractor and made huge piles of snow everywhere. If this comes again, he doesn't know where he's going to put it!!

Now you know what Gcreek puts up with.
Only about a 14 inches here at present but the bottom is hard crusted stuff. Was warm branding a load of new cows today. Tuseday's forecast low is -34c, then warm up again later in the week. Marked safe from snakes and gators for another day……

My thermometer must be broken. It says it is 20 degrees but dang this is a mighty cold 20 degrees. The weather forecast says there is only an 8% chance of snow. All 8% is falling gout there right now. The weather radar shows no snow falling from the sky. So which do I believe the weather man or my lying eyes?

Last edited:
My thermometer must be broken. It says it is 20 degrees but dang this is a mighty cold 20 degrees. The weather forecast says there is only an 8% chance of snow. All 8% is falling gout there right now. The weather radar shows no snow falling from the sky. So which do I believe the weather man or my lying eyes?
You know the answer to that!

It started the day at 20. Warmed up all the way to 21. Now an hour or so after sundown it has cooled off to 20. Spit snow off and on all day. Had to run into Baker today. Got to the top of the hill between here and there and the sun came out. It was a nice sunny day in Baker. Not so much here.

27 here this AM and a predicted high of 38. The weather station on prairie hill reports 17. Strange how 100 feet higher and 1/2 mile distance can make a 10-degree difference.

Started snowing wednesday night, lost power at 2:00am on thursday morning, 7 inches of snow before it was done snowing thursday. Started snowing about 5:00 on thursday, had another 4 inches by friday morning, still no power. Luckily daytime temps were around 32degrees farenheit. Finally had power midday on friday, power was out for about 36 hours. I'm sure some of you have gone longer without power, so I shouldn't wine, but it sure is nice to have the power back on.

Started snowing wednesday night, lost power at 2:00am on thursday morning, 7 inches of snow before it was done snowing thursday. Started snowing about 5:00 on thursday, had another 4 inches by friday morning, still no power. Luckily daytime temps were around 32degrees farenheit. Finally had power midday on friday, power was out for about 36 hours. I'm sure some of you have gone longer without power, so I shouldn't wine, but it sure is nice to have the power back on.
Where abouts are you?

I am wondering. it was 20 yesteday morning. Got up to 21. Then this morning it is 19. Weather Underground says it is 7. I am thinking that is over in Baker. We have been socked in with low clouds for several days and yesterday Baker was clear. Are our clouds holding our 20 degree weather. While Baker's clear sky allowed the temperature to drop over night. Going to church in Baker in a bit we will find out.

We have a wind chill advisory starting at 6 pm today and going to Friday!!!
There is a big area that is in the advisory. Then it is going to be 40 degrees and higher
through Tuesday.

Our snow is so hard because of the wind. Think what 40+ degree temperatures will do to it.
I feel sorry for the wildlife.

Latest posts